An experiment with Time Loops

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: An experiment with Time Loops

Postby JackRiddler » Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:37 am

Freitag » Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:34 pm wrote:but if you try to see the lottery numbers it doesn't work

Could it be the interference from the other 400 million ticket buyers trying to see the lottery numbers? Maybe you should try seeing which obscure penny stock is going to double tomorrow?No idea, of course, I'm just making that up tongue in cheek, since I don't have a model for how the hell any this would work in terms of the energy-information transfer involved. I mean, I can say there is no single direction in the geometry of time, or it's the tachyons, but these are just theoretical speculations and I can't even begin to understand the geometry one. (Tachyons is easier, thanks to being a science fiction favorite.)

So far note that all the stories are of dramatic future experiences that aren't expected or fully under the receiver's control, and that cause big emotions or traumas when they happen. Even the relative triviality of a VCR shootout is a shootout. (It raises the self-causation issue, doesn't it? I mean the main "drama" in the actual experience was your own surprise that you had seen the scene in a dream just before watching the tape.)

The lottery drawing that actually determines the numbers, involving some balls rattling around in a box, isn't such an experience and no one in its vicinity who can perceive it directly is feeling it as a big thing. They're just employees running the box several times a week and one of them yakking about it to the TV camera. So unless the roof caves in during the drawing... or what if they start allowing a studio audience!? HEY! I think I just came up with an experiment. We could all start trying to regularly guess a big random number that's coming up in advance, and see if we start "seeing it." Oh, wait, that's called sports betting. Don't try it, is my advice.

Maybe you would only get a precog "feel" of the drama of learning you had won. But if you did, and then you won it, you wouldn't even know that's what happened for sure, since generally you fantasize winning it every time you buy a ticket, so that 400 million losers also "feel" winning it before they don't. As I said up there, somewhere. (Where did I say it, really? Is it up or back?! Or IN... to the database? Does it exist before I scroll?! Geometry!!!)

Maybe the lottery is just not the right avenue of questioning to start. Also, if what we're talking about works, and it could be used for the lottery, we'd have had so many multiple winners by now. (Maybe we do, obscured through holding corporations. Maybe they're the real-life version of the lizard people in charge of the planet.)

It doesn't seem like you can view the future as you will, only receive glimpses from something that you don't choose to receive. Perhaps your being receptive to it makes it likelier to catch an echo, however, as I might have been to matters of love at the time?

We are assumng that events echo back to cause precog experience. Maybe. If so, then somehow, that suggests they are inevitable, have already happened. Also, that you don't pick which ones do that, and which ones you receive. Can you make yourself more receptive? Maybe we're getting continuous precog echoes but only noticing a very rare number of those that feel big to us and that happen to come just when we're feeling receptive and not distracted?!

You also don't know which apparent precog feelings are ones that actually will happen and "were" echoed back to you, and which are just visualizations of fears or hopes.(Assuming any of this is what is happening at all, insert phenomenological caveats, etc.) So perhaps the more you tried, the more you wouldn't recognize the real ones and the more you would make up false ones.

So I guess we're back to the ancient wisdom: You must not try. Clear your mind. Have no preferences, no expectations, no thoughts, no desires, no fears, no you. Be still.

So yeah, dreams is where that would be most true.

Last edited by JackRiddler on Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Cordelia » Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:00 am

JackRiddler » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:09 pm wrote:.

Yes, I do think experiences with time not seeming to work at all as we "normally" expect (and not due to coincidence) are, in fact, "normal." Or at any rate, maybe not that frequent, but near-universal. Try asking anyone: many will tell you such stories, sometimes with a lot of specifics.

Since the stories here tend to be dark, here's my more positive one.

Ditto other posters on Jack's dream experience up-thread. ^^^ Great read--Thanks!
The greatest sin is to be unconscious. ~ Carl Jung

We may not choose the parameters of our destiny. But we give it its content. ~ Dag Hammarskjold 'Waymarks'
Cordelia

Postby Elvis » Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:00 pm

I remember remote viewers pretty consistently reporting that numbers—numerical digits—were difficult to discern in remote viewing. :shrug:
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:24 pm

Elvis » Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:00 am wrote:I remember remote viewers pretty consistently reporting that numbers—numerical digits—were difficult to discern in remote viewing. :shrug:

And words, yes. Too easy to project once you activate the "analyzer" to try and discern closely. Takes a lot more work.
Wombaticus Rex

Postby JackRiddler » Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:33 pm

Thanks streeb and Cordelia.
We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

JackRiddler

Postby Freitag » Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:46 pm

JackRiddler » Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:37 am wrote:So I guess we're back to the ancient wisdom: You must not try. Clear your mind. Have no preferences, no expectations, no thoughts, no desires, no fears, no you. Be still.

Speaking of which, I had no intention of playing the market today, but got a hunch and made a quick $150 on a day trade:

(Last year I was throwing $5-10k at a time at trades like this; I forced myself to stop trading gambling so much because I was getting reckless.)

I have a pretty good market feel, and when hunches come to me out of the blue, they're almost always right. Problem is, I can't produce hunches on demand, and I'm not disciplined enough to stop playing the market after the hunch proves a winner. I usually lose most of it back. In theory, I should only bet genuine hunches, and bet BIG on those.

I agree with your analysis of remote viewing the lottery; basically, there's a lot of noise and very little signal, if any. That might be why my attempts to dowse the numbers didn't work either (yes, I really tried it).

It's too bad the user blogs on this site don't work, that would be a convenient place to make a dream journal.

Edit: Just had another thought: Similar to dreams, could a trance state be conducive to hunches? In sports, being in "the zone" is actually a state of light trance. Lately, I've been deliberately trying (and succeeding) to achieve that state while playing billiards. I wonder if such practice could enhance intuition in general.
Freitag

Postby streeb » Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:09 am

Edit: Just had another thought: Similar to dreams, could a trance state be conducive to hunches? In sports, being in "the zone" is actually a state of light trance. Lately, I've been deliberately trying (and succeeding) to achieve that state while playing billiards. I wonder if such practice could enhance intuition in general.

Wargo would give that a hard yes, he talks a lot about flow states. He gets into it in the video I posted up the road a bit. I've begun to think that's how my spaniel negotiates the forest around us with such incomprehensible speed and agility. He's a genius at bounding through a forest. Like light refracted through water (heh), he knows exactly where to go.
streeb

Postby JackRiddler » Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:22 am

Am I reading that right? Probably not? I think I get the meaning of SPDR S&P buy to open/sell to close, but what is SPY March 22, which is still tomorrow? Now I am confused. March 20: S&P drops 0.29% You made $150 on the short? So you got more than $50K liquid for that? True, it's not normally a high risk for a one-day bet.

JackRiddler

Postby Karmamatterz » Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:25 am

question for you karmamatterz would be, how many false positives do you have? How many times did your intuition that something would be there for you to witness positively urge you to deviate from the path you were following, but did not lead to a discovery of the unlikely kind you describe?

Honestly, I don't know a real number. Without a diary or journal to reference it's a challenge to objectively go back 35 year and have clear recollections on the false positives. I would venture to say most of the real zoned in gut reactions yielded some sort of extra-ordinary experience. But those are limited, not something that happened everyday, or even on a monthly basis. It's a good question you pose, but up until now I've never considered examining it in a quantitative manner. I had always looked at what happened as one of life's very cool mysteries that wasn't to be analyzed, but just experienced.
Karmamatterz

Postby Freitag » Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:26 am

JackRiddler » Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:22 pm wrote:Am I reading that right? Probably not? I think I get the meaning of SPDR S&P buy to open/sell to close, but what is SPY March 22, which is still tomorrow? Now I am confused. March 20: S&P drops 0.29% You made $150 on the short? So you got more than $50K liquid for that? True, it's not normally a high risk for a one-day bet.

I bought two call options for a total of $316.29, and sold them later the same day for $465.70. Each option contract is for 100 shares of SPY (an ETF based on the S&P500), so my cost was (2 x 100 x 1.55), and I sold them for (2 x 100 x 2.36), minus the broker commission on both buy and sell.

A call option gives me the right to purchase 100 shares of SPY at a given price (called the "strike" price), in this case 281.50, before the expiration date. If the price of SPY goes up, my contract becomes more valuable, and I can re-sell it to someone else for a profit. I don't actually have to buy hundreds of shares.

The option value fluctuates in real time, so the closing price is not really important. I sold my contracts at the daily top, right before the big drop in the afternoon. I have good market feels.

Options are intended to be stock "insurance", to be used as a hedge, but people use them to speculate because they're a form of leverage, which magnifies both gains and losses. I like options better than trading on margin because I'm debt-averse.
Freitag

Postby JackRiddler » Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:43 pm

Oh, I get it, it's a short term short option (SPY, expiring already March 22) on the SPDR S&P. Right, thanks for the review. I always totally forget how these work five minutes later.

JackRiddler

Postby MacCruiskeen » Sat Mar 23, 2019 2:50 pm

This is a fascinating thread. Thanks for it.

What is a premonition, exactly? If you didn't have the premonition, would the thing happen at all? Would it happen differently? (Differently from what, though?) Does it depend on what you want, and on what you fear?

Here's a great fictional treatment of these themes (cross-posting):

MacCruiskeen » Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:41 pm wrote:
This is brilliant: The Lorelei, BBC, 1990, colour, 74m 10s:

A young geography teacher on a short solo holiday in wild North Wales has a (very) brief and completely inexplicable encounter. There is nothing ghostly, monstrous, or even threatening about it, but it leaves her baffled and shaken. In her own words: "It scared the flesh off me." She dismisses the incident and returns to her everyday life in London. Ramifications ensue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=je2QWjYIiuU
"Ich kann gar nicht so viel fressen, wie ich kotzen möchte." - Max Liebermann,, Berlin, 1933

"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts." - Richard Feynman, NYC, 1966

TESTDEMIC ➝ "CASE"DEMIC
MacCruiskeen

Previous

Return to General Discussion