Objective Reality: an illusion

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Objective Reality: an illusion

Postby DrEvil » Mon Feb 26, 2024 5:40 pm

Can't say I'm a fan of invoking "sinister forces". We are more than capable of fucking shit up good on our own (see: history). It feels like an abdication of responsibility, deflection away from the actual culprits who I suspect are very much flesh and blood.

In a world where humans have created a market for footage of (serious trigger warning. This is one of those things you don't even want to know exists) Spoiler:infants being raped to death you really don't need demons.
"I only read American. I want my fantasy pure." - Dave
DrEvil

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Belligerent Savant » Mon Feb 26, 2024 6:36 pm

Consider that certain evil acts may not be fully at the agency of the human(s) performing such acts.*

There are vile/evil acts committed as ritual, under the belief that such acts will bestow power, wealth, and certain control over others. Perhaps this is all part of the delusions of Man, but rest assured there are humans — particularly in the upper echelons of power/influence, both currently and historically, that have subscribed to notions that non-human entities can ‘help’ them in some form or fashion, or otherwise that such non-human entities utilize humans to commit atrocities on their behalf.

The question then, is: are these humans, historically & currently — a significant subset of whom are in positions of influence/power — all delusional/mad for subscribing to the notion of 'entities'/non-human influence, or is there substance to these notions, at least in certain cases?

To be clear, I’m not claiming here that all evil/vile acts are the workings of ‘entities’. But increasingly, it appears there are other drivers for recent unprecedented wide-scale actions beyond (or in addition to) human greed/power interests.

*EDIT to add: the other factor to consider is the extent evil actors are in a fugue/dissociative state, or otherwise perhaps controlled via MKULTRA-esque programming, and therefore not fully aware or conscious of their actions.
Once again, however, we can ruminate as to the 'top-end' prime movers of such techniques/mental states.
Belligerent Savant

Postby DrEvil » Tue Feb 27, 2024 5:04 am

I don't disagree that some of them believe this stuff, I'm just leaning towards that people who a) hold these beliefs, and b) are willing to act on them in the pursuit of power, are ruthless and amoral enough to trample their way to the top anyway. I see it as freemasonry with extra bells and whistles. If you're willing to take part you show you're part of the group, and the group will help you climb the ladder.

Don't get me wrong, I firmly believe (based on people I trust and personal experience) there's plenty of aspects of our reality that are.. weird, I just prefer the simpler explanation wherever possible, and in this case I think the simpler explanation is that people are assholes all on their own.

On the flip side, as Ben pointed out, we don't know what 95% of everything even really is. There's room for 19 extra universes in there, so who the Hell knows. And that's not even getting into the multiverse or string theory.
"I only read American. I want my fantasy pure." - Dave
DrEvil

Postby stickdog99 » Tue Feb 27, 2024 3:43 pm

stickdog99

Previous

Return to General Discussion