Suppression/Propaganda in Media

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Suppression/Propaganda in Media

Postby stickdog99 » Thu Oct 12, 2023 7:21 pm

While there are all sorts of bad anarchists, the worst of all are the straw anarchists.
stickdog99

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Elvis » Thu Oct 12, 2023 9:43 pm

The US government makes all kinds of egregious mistakes:

- Censors dissent & jails journalists;

- Wages wars of choice, often by proxy, that benefit Wall Street & Big Oil;

- Lies its ass off to mold public opinion;

- Allows private financial entities to control access to healthcare;

- Makes higher education more expensive for students;

- Raises interest rates to destroy jobs/cause a recession/fight inflation;

- Enacts incoherent tax policy;

- Maintains a policy to at all times keep a percentage of the willing workforce unemployed;

- Uses antiquated laws to needlessly constrain investment;

- Tells its citizens, "We're out of money";

- Fails to plan for crises, reacts spasmodically;

- Fails to adequately regulate the financial industry & the influence of large fortunes;

- Bails out big banks that should be broken apart;

- Invites financial predators to join the ranks of government itself;

- Employs Victoria Nuland

- Punishes whistleblowers;

- Imposes austerity.

US corporate media reinforce and normalize these mistakes..
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Postby Belligerent Savant » Thu Oct 12, 2023 11:19 pm

I've indicated something along the following before, here in this forum, and will type once more:

I'd prefer the version of reality -- the underlying drivers of those in authority, particular at the more influential levels, in front of or behind the scenes -- that you [Elvis] present here in your responses.

I do not PREFER my version of reality, it should go without saying. I would prefer to be flat wrong on most of my sentiments/thinking, particularly of late.

Unfortunately overt observations of results (after the initial barrage of propaganda subsides), pattern recognition over time, along with perhaps a healthy dose of cynicism + more than a mild dash of stubbornness, leads me to my current views of the world (I've also endured negative consequences due to my positions on many of these topics over the last few years, though relatively speaking consider myself extremely fortunate compared to so many others).

The passage of time are tipping scales increasingly towards realizing more than a fair share of the positions I hold, much to my chagrin (indeed, some of these realities have already come to pass, at least Re: covid-related lies/crimes). By no means fully accurate -- no outside observer will know all the details, drivers, or prime movers in play. Nonetheless, we are much further along the road towards Empire entropy and collapse than many -- still, now -- are willing to entertain.

There is a silver lining, though: history is cyclical. Things will get better.. eventually. But not by keeping current systems in place. We've long past the time when reform was a viable, realistic option rather than another cynical play on words by tricksters dressed as 'representatives'.

Until then, it appears we haven't yet reached the nadir of this current zeitgeist. Collectively, we are not yet fatigued. We remain willing to be manipulated.
Belligerent Savant

Postby DrEvil » Fri Oct 13, 2023 7:45 pm

stickdog99 » Fri Oct 13, 2023 1:21 am wrote:While there are all sorts of bad anarchists, the worst of all are the straw anarchists.

Oops, I didn't read the entire article about Rumble (I thought you were still talking about Russell Brand). That's obviously fucking stupid, but hey, the UK is run by a bunch of fascist idiots, so what can you expect? If you can lock someone up for three years for blocking a road* it's probably entirely reasonable to lock someone up for saying or promoting Bad Things(tm).

* Makes me wonder what else you can do to some rich, evil fuck that will give you three years behind bars. Probably a lot more than blocking a road. Food for thought!
"I only read American. I want my fantasy pure." - Dave
DrEvil

Postby stickdog99 » Sat Oct 14, 2023 6:43 pm

stickdog99

Postby Grizzly » Sat Oct 28, 2023 12:48 pm

My MY how things have changed...

"The Museum of Internet Artifacts"
https://neal.fun/internet-artifacts/

Browse through the old internet ( You know, before the MIC flipped it.)
“The more we do to you, the less you seem to believe we are doing it.”

― Joseph mengele
Grizzly

Postby Belligerent Savant » Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:30 pm

NEW – Nikki Haley Says Allowing People to Post on Social Media Anonymously is a 'National Security Threat’

"Every person on social media should be verified by their name...It gets rid of the Russian bots, the Iranian bots, and the Chinese bots"

https://twitter.com/i/status/1724527996642480599

https://x.com/TheChiefNerd/status/17245 ... 80599?s=20
Belligerent Savant

Postby Belligerent Savant » Tue Nov 14, 2023 10:20 pm

@Inversionism

While everyone is being distracted by @NikkiHaley being an absolute lunatic and trying to dox every person on the internet, the FCC is having a vote tomorrow on Biden's "Equity plan for internet" that would give them effective control of all internet services and infrastructure in the country, which would allow them to enact insane policies such as this and other totalitarian controls that will certainly lead to more draconian censorship.

The text of the order expressly provides that the FCC would be empowered, for the first time, to regulate each and every ISP’s:

● “network infrastructure deployment, network reliability, network upgrades, network maintenance, customer-premises equipment, and installation”;

● “speeds, capacities, latency, data caps, throttling, pricing, promotional rates, imposition of late fees, opportunity for equipment rental, installation time, contract renewal terms, service termination terms, and use of customer credit and account history”;

● “mandatory arbitration clauses, pricing, deposits, discounts, customer service, language options, credit checks, marketing or advertising, contract renewal, upgrades, account termination, transfers to another covered entity, and service suspension.”

"But it gets worse. The FCC reserves the right under this plan to regulate both “actions and omissions, whether recurring or a single instance.” In other words, if you take any action, you may be liable, and if you do nothing, you may be liable. There is no path to complying with this standardless regime. It reads like a planning document drawn up in the faculty lounge of a university’s Soviet Studies Department."

https://x.com/Inversionism/status/17245 ... 45962?s=20

https://docs.fcc.gov/public/attachments ... 8244A1.pdf

Belligerent Savant

Postby DrEvil » Wed Nov 15, 2023 7:59 am

Because US ISPs are doing so great at the moment. It's only a few months since the largest ISPs argued they shouldn't be forced to disclose all their hidden fees because it would take too much effort. Then there's data caps on fixed broadband, the billions they've pocketed to expand into rural areas without actually building the infrastructure they were supposed to, their spectacularly bad and universally hated "customer service", their constant lies about their coverage and their reflexive lawsuits against small ISPs and municipal broadband providers.

Large ISPs in the US are some of the biggest pieces of shit around, and the above "regulations" (If you read the proposal it's a list of things that can impact consumer's ability to access internet services. "The aspects of service that could affect a consumers’ ability to receive and effectively utilize broadband internet access service include, but are not limited to..." https://docs.fcc.gov/public/attachments ... 7997A1.pdf ) are an attempt at getting them to behave like normal people and not the raging fucking psychopaths they currently are.

The reason it's gotten so bad in the first place is the fucking republicans (remember Ajit Pai? Brendan Carr was his aide on the FCC before being appointed by Trump to be a commissioner. He used to be a telecoms lawyer before that) who are now freaking out about it.
"I only read American. I want my fantasy pure." - Dave
DrEvil

Postby Belligerent Savant » Thu Nov 16, 2023 3:39 pm

My primary concerns, as is often the case, are with the underlying drivers behind any substantive proposed policy changes/shifts rather than the front-facing talking points/attempted justifications.

I have minimal faith in either political party placing the interests of The People as a priority over other interests.

Indeed, more often than not underlying issues (that later inspire the clamoring for ‘change’) are at times intentional, part of larger/longer-term objectives that are generally (or exclusively) detrimental to the collective.

Variations of the Bait and Switch and/or Trojan Horse.
Belligerent Savant

Postby Grizzly » Sat Nov 18, 2023 6:32 am

The leaders of the Censorship Industrial Complex insist they didn't break the law, but they did. They worked on behalf of the government, demanded mass censorship, and interfered in an election. In this video, I explain how they almost got away with it. Michael Shellenberger on Renée DiResta
----
And they wont stop...

https://twitter.com/shellenberger/statu ... 1119067611
https://twitter.com/shellenberger/status/1723493811119067611

Who is Renée DiResta!??

― Joseph mengele
Grizzly

Postby Grizzly » Sat Nov 18, 2023 11:54 am

FCC PASSES Biden's "Digital Equity" Internet Takeover

― Joseph mengele
Grizzly

Postby Grizzly » Tue Nov 28, 2023 3:41 pm

US And UK Military Contractors Created Sweeping Plan For Global Censorship In 2018, New Documents Show
https://public.substack.com/p/ctil-file ... ontractors

see above too: viewtopic.php?p=709646#p709646

The Censorship Industrial Complex -- U.S. Government Support For Domestic Censorship And

Disinformation Campaigns, 2016 - 2022

Testimony by Michael Shellenberger to The House Select Committee on the Weaponization of the Federal Government - March 9, 2023
https://judiciary.house.gov/sites/evo-s ... -testimony.pdf

― Joseph mengele
Grizzly

Postby Grizzly » Fri Dec 01, 2023 7:45 pm

They're scrubbing the internet methodically, systemically and clinically

Alternative search engines & video sites to Google & Youtube

After-all, it always was a military project

https://stolenhistory.net/threads/alter ... tube.3771/