Chaos: Charles Manson, the CIA, & ... the Sixties

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: celebrity fashion cults

Postby dada » Wed May 27, 2020 8:53 am

Harvey » Tue May 26, 2020 9:54 pm wrote: We have godlike powers we've inherited and we have godlike powers we've created, but we don't know who, what or why we are, yet we create explanations of all of these things and pass those on to Consciousness X and to ourselves via culture, even as Consciousness X attempts to pass its view on to us.

If there were some that knew the who, what and why, they probably wouldn't talk about it with those that don't know. Not out of selfishness, but because they know they'd be misunderstood. They'd have be patient, let others see it for themselves first. I think it would be a funny spot to be in. Maybe they'd drop hints.
Both his words and manner of speech seemed at first totally unfamiliar to me, and yet somehow they stirred memories - as an actor might be stirred by the forgotten lines of some role he had played far away and long ago.
dada

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Chaos: Charles Manson, the CIA, & ... the Sixties

Postby semper occultus » Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:55 am

interesting - downloadable pdf of a scarce 1972 book

https://archive.org/details/Mindfuckers

semper occultus

Postby cptmarginal » Wed Sep 07, 2022 1:38 am

I haven't actually read that one yet but the whole style of the book is so cool. Published by Straight Arrow Press, Rolling Stone's imprint that also reissued Hollywood Babylon and put out Fear and Loathing on the Campaign Trail '72 and The Autobiography of a Brown Buffalo (two all-time classics)

https://twitter.com/cptmarginal/status/ ... 1158298624

The new way of thinking is precisely delineated by what it is not.
cptmarginal

Postby cptmarginal » Wed Sep 07, 2022 1:51 am

It looks like Feral House is going to put out a paperback of their book collection of the Process magazine, so the whole issues can finally be perused without paying four hundred dollars for the privilege.

http://comixstripped.blogspot.com/2014/ ... final.html

Here are Smilin' Stan's answers from the 'Death' issue of Process magazine (which also featured original content from a host of celeb names including Salvador Dali and Charles Manson!)

cptmarginal

Postby guruilla » Wed Sep 07, 2022 2:53 am

I wouldn't expect anything by way of revelations in a FH book about The Process; even less so since they have gone LGBTQ.

Never has a seemingly marginal, seemingly "splinter," "self-developmental" org so persistently and consistently surfaced when exploring the ins and outs of psycho-social engineering, from the relatively innocuous to the very sickest aspects (eg Hand of Death).

I skimmed the Mindfuckers book, but it seems like a meandering, esoteric novel without any clear leads. Wonder if you found any semper?
It is a lot easier to fool people than show them how they have been fooled.
guruilla

Postby cptmarginal » Wed Sep 07, 2022 1:44 pm

Feral House has been sus from day one for sure. I took the price point of the hardcover Process magazine collection to be obvious gatekeeping, because you can bet that far more people were interested in it from a critical standpoint than a supportive one. What was Manson's contribution, anyway?

I'll put in a library purchase request for it when it comes out.

Paperback – November 29, 2022

The rare and collectible Process Church magazines are back in print. Do you dare find out who rules you?

The Process Church of the Final Judgement inspired fear and devotion amongst London's swinging set. The Process Church magazines, published between 1967-1971, the celebrated thematic magazines of the notorious Process Church of the Final Judgment cult were created to be hawked on the street in order to raise money and attract like-minded adherents to their unorthodox Gnostic theology.

Printed in order of their first appearance, the Sex, Fear, and Death issues are here reproduced in their entirety. The first edition of this collection published in 2009 now sells for over a thousand dollars. The Feral House release Love, Sex, Fear, Death: The Inside Story of The Process Church of the Final Judgment by Timothy Wyllie and other ex-members explored the history and aftermath of the notorious organization and the accusations lodged against it. (This sold out edition is also once again available with a new foreword and additional, rare material.)

(by the way, the library system here purchased Prisoner of Infinity & Vice of Kings on my request last year)
cptmarginal

Postby semper occultus » Sat Sep 10, 2022 4:03 pm

yeah not really tbh - got hopes for this one if I can score a copy though !

(by the way, the library system here purchased Prisoner of Infinity & Vice of Kings on my request last year)

also got to pimp this one again aswell

https://auticulture.com/maps-of-hell-contents/
semper occultus

Postby cptmarginal » Mon Sep 12, 2022 8:44 pm

Yeah that has definitely got to be added to my book list. The table of contents looks so intriguing. I'm reading Dark Victory, about the mob in Hollywood, right now.
cptmarginal

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Tue Sep 13, 2022 9:39 am

cptmarginal » Mon Sep 12, 2022 7:44 pm wrote:

Yeah that has definitely got to be added to my book list. The table of contents looks so intriguing. I'm reading Dark Victory, about the mob in Hollywood, right now.

Not that any man among us needs another slab on the eternal fire, but I found The Last Mogul to be an excellent adjunct to Dark Victory.

Also, conveniently, all three of these titles are still directly relevant to the OP. It's rare that we can achieve that in our discursions and I want to commemorate this moment.

The Last Mogul, Dennis Macdougal. I ordered this back in 2018 as a supplement to Dan Moldea's Dark Victory. Having recently re-read both, I must concede The Last Mogul is superior in almost every way. This verdict is of course unfair since it builds upon Moldea's hard work, but Macdougal is a lifelong Los Angeles muckraking bastard, and understands Hollywood far better, both as a business and as a culture. Where Moldea's book was an expose with a moral bent, Macdougal is content to simply tell the story of Lew Wasserman's life and times, and yields a lot of strategic insights along the way. He sees his subject clearly; faults, warts and buried bodies aplenty, but he also has enough sense to respect him.
Wombaticus Rex

Postby cptmarginal » Tue Sep 13, 2022 11:06 am

Ooh yeah, adding that one too. Moldea's books are valuable but sort of crudely repetitive. The Hoffa Wars used the word "dissidents" hundreds of times until it lost all meaning and just became a shorthand excuse to not really delve into the points of contention with any feeling.
cptmarginal

Postby semper occultus » Wed Sep 14, 2022 3:01 am

Did you clear those last few hard copies Guru ? I feel sure we could come to an arrangement if not.
semper occultus

Postby guruilla » Sun Sep 18, 2022 4:08 am

the options for hardback, there are 4 left, start at 400 euro! I figure eventually they will sell.

alternate options are audio mp3s & epub/mobi, at my site, or a PDF for a song, which anyone can print up.

appreciate the library-add, cpt
It is a lot easier to fool people than show them how they have been fooled.
guruilla

Postby semper occultus » Sun Sep 18, 2022 12:19 pm

I've DM'd you
semper occultus

Postby semper occultus » Fri Dec 16, 2022 12:00 pm

from the comments of this Rune Soup vid

semper occultus

Postby semper occultus » Mon Mar 06, 2023 4:55 am

Join Todd Wood and Walter for another intriguing episode of the Killifornia series. This week, Todd presents the curious links between Charles Manson and his devoted 'Family' to various deep state manipulated characters such as the mysterious Grand Chingon, the ill-fated Krishna Venta and his Fountain of the World cult linked to Mt Shasta and subterranean tunnels often mentioned in UFO lore. With his own apparent ties to MKULTRA players, known and suspected, how far was Manson steered by the likes of the weird science enthusiasts of the CIA? How many other California based serial killers were recruited in the same milieu curiously linked to William Joseph Bryan? Was Bryan the Grand Chingon? This and more on 'Killifornia' with Todd Wood at The Walter Bosley Channel!
semper occultus

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion