What's going on?

Moderators: DrVolin, Elvis, Jeff

What's going on?

Postby JackRiddler » Sat Oct 05, 2019 2:24 pm

If this is to be locked, I demand that 82_28 and Elvis have a discussion about banning me. Thanks.

.

What's going on here is that if you don't
parrot the "leftist" UK military advisor Gilbert Achcar and his demand for more bombs on Syria (just against different people),
believe in Bellingcat,
keep an open mind to U.S.-sponsored coup d'etat attempts by the opposition in Venezuela where the people after all are suffering so under dictator Maduro (and do not mention sanctions, as these are a teeny minor factor brought up only by Maduro-Assad supporters),
identify anti-Semitism as something the Labour Party under Corbyn does more than anyone else (especially on days when literal Nazis mass-murder Jewish worshippers in Pittsburgh, and I have not forgotten),
identify corruption as something the Brazilian PT does more than anyone else,
keep the arms flowing to Ukrainian paramilitaries (new! now in the name of securing America's elections!),
see the bright side of the Jihadi Internationalists and Turkish-led mercenary militias Free Syrian Army,
effectively call for heightened tensions with a chance of total war with Iran in the name of human rights, solidarity, and anarchist propriety,
totally ignore minor issues related to Saudi Arabia or Yemen,
support accelerated arms races with China and Russia, raising the odds of nuclear annihilation,
designate Putin as Permanent Enemy #1 in all contexts and times,
and eat up the shit-for-brains conspiracy theories propagated by fraudulent anarchotheorists,
in which Jimmy Dore and Tulsi Gabbard ultimately are late-stage functions of an ideology initiated a century ago by Italian proto-fascists and taken up by some pesky Russians,

then

there is no doubt you are
a conspiracy theorist,
very right-wing, and also hopelessly unreconstructed left-wing,
anti-imperialist in the wrong way (as if there were specific empires and you lived inside one of them!),
anti-Semitic, Islamophobic, sexist, a super-privileged old white-racist-male leftist Western Stalinoid who despises the freedom struggles of the subaltern (and please deploy any other label that comes to hand
a Nazi unconsciously at heart or wittingly in practice,
totally incapable of your own thought or reading because you are utterly brainwashed by the Soviet-Russian propaganda machinery deployed by Putin and his local agent Aaron Mate via Facebook and Youtube, for which repeated readings of 20-screen posts from libcom and CNN are the only cure,
and
doing the dirty-work for the Third Positionist Internationale who are murdering the baby seals.

So the useful idiots for the State Department will tell you, at length, in endless posts, against which you will have no defense because you write more than 5% of your own goddamn posts AND DON'T LIVE ON THIS BOARD LIKE THEY DO. So let the flooding again commence.

What's going on is that one moderator loves everyone equally, oh so equally, and is happy to let the hooligans return to trash the neighborhood again three months early, and that RI will be abandoned to the three or so usual miscreants, assuming there's three of them, at least until another moderator decides to return some backbone and integrity to the site moderation.

Thanks everyone! Love some of ya!
We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
User avatar
JackRiddler
 
Posts: 14635
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:59 pm
Location: New York City
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: What's going on?

Postby PufPuf93 » Sat Oct 05, 2019 2:30 pm

Please never leave RI JackRiddler (or at least wait until I die). :fawked:
User avatar
PufPuf93
 
Posts: 1601
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:29 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: What's going on?

Postby liminalOyster » Sat Oct 05, 2019 2:32 pm

JackRiddler » Sat Oct 05, 2019 2:24 pm wrote:If this is to be locked, I demand that 82_28 and Elvis have a discussion about banning me. Thanks.

.

What's going on here is that if you don't
parrot the "leftist" UK military advisor Gilbert Achcar and his demand for more bombs on Syria (just against different people),
believe in Bellingcat,
keep an open mind to U.S.-sponsored coup d'etat attempts by the opposition in Venezuela where the people after all are suffering so under dictator Maduro (and do not mention sanctions, as these are a teeny minor factor brought up only by Maduro-Assad supporters),
identify anti-Semitism as something the Labour Party under Corbyn does more than anyone else (especially on days when literal Nazis mass-murder Jewish worshippers in Pittsburgh, and I have not forgotten),
identify corruption as something the Brazilian PT does more than anyone else,
keep the arms flowing to Ukrainian paramilitaries (new! now in the name of securing America's elections!),
see the bright side of the Jihadi Internationalists and Turkish-led mercenary militias Free Syrian Army,
effectively call for heightened tensions with a chance of total war with Iran in the name of human rights, solidarity, and anarchist propriety,
totally ignore minor issues related to Saudi Arabia or Yemen,
support accelerated arms races with China and Russia, raising the odds of nuclear annihilation,
designate Putin as Permanent Enemy #1 in all contexts and times,
and eat up the shit-for-brains conspiracy theories propagated by fraudulent anarchotheorists,
in which Jimmy Dore and Tulsi Gabbard ultimately are late-stage functions of an ideology initiated a century ago by Italian proto-fascists and taken up by some pesky Russians,

then

there is no doubt you are
a conspiracy theorist,
very right-wing, and also hopelessly unreconstructed left-wing,
anti-imperialist in the wrong way (as if there were specific empires and you lived inside one of them!),
anti-Semitic, Islamophobic, sexist, a super-privileged old white-racist-male leftist Western Stalinoid who despises the freedom struggles of the subaltern (and please deploy any other label that comes to hand
a Nazi unconsciously at heart or wittingly in practice,
totally incapable of your own thought or reading because you are utterly brainwashed by the Soviet-Russian propaganda machinery deployed by Putin and his local agent Aaron Mate via Facebook and Youtube, for which repeated readings of 20-screen posts from libcom and CNN are the only cure,
and
doing the dirty-work for the Third Positionist Internationale who are murdering the baby seals.

So the useful idiots for the State Department will tell you, at length, in endless posts, against which you will have no defense because you write more than 5% of your own goddamn posts AND DON'T LIVE ON THIS BOARD LIKE THEY DO. So let the flooding again commence.

What's going on is that one moderator loves everyone equally, oh so equally, and is happy to let the hooligans return to trash the neighborhood again three months early, and that RI will be abandoned to the three or so usual miscreants, assuming there's three of them, at least until another moderator decides to return some backbone and integrity to the site moderation.

Thanks everyone! Love some of ya!


Damn. Fire. Thanks, Jack
"It's not rocket surgery." - Elvis
User avatar
liminalOyster
 
Posts: 1405
Joined: Thu May 05, 2016 10:28 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: What's going on?

Postby seemslikeadream » Sat Oct 05, 2019 2:34 pm

Jack should have learned as a toddler to share, if he can't then he can spin around on there floor till he passes out

@ liminalOyster and PufPuf93

you don't believe AD and I should be banned from here correct?

you guys and Iamwhomiam have posted in his thread in the data dump since he's been back that would indicate you are interested in what he has to say

but then again there is no rule that lets anyone here vote on who can be here and who can not
User avatar
seemslikeadream
 
Posts: 32090
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2005 11:28 pm
Location: into the black
Blog: View Blog (83)

Re: What's going on?

Postby JackRiddler » Sat Oct 05, 2019 2:51 pm

I think the practices you engage in should not be allowed, no. (Whoever the fuck either of you actually are, which I do not care about.) I think your schtick, which may be authentic, is to personalize everything and play as though you are "personally" targeted and abused and hurt by legitimate complaints against your persistent bad-actor practices, and thus frame these as insults against your person, as if anyone here even knows you in person.

But it doesn't matter what I think. You are not banned, and this is not within my power, but, as the kids now say, for me, you are canceled.
We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
User avatar
JackRiddler
 
Posts: 14635
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:59 pm
Location: New York City
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: What's going on?

Postby 82_28 » Sat Oct 05, 2019 3:03 pm

Hahaha. Nobody is getting banned and everyone is just fine but I cannot (as a "mod") allow such to go on as it was into the future. I hear it from all sides and I semi got Jeff's blessing as to handling it well. I kept him "up to speed". Like I said, as far as the penalty system in college football that you cannot target someone -- someone felt targeted. I am seriously trying to just maintain a comfortable flow. It is not about my mood but it is about all being welcome. I would like this board to just get back to discussion on fascinating happenings as per my assumed duties. Jack, you just wrote a brilliant piece and shared it with the Universe, as it were. Literally, I slaved all day over this spat and what to do. What does one do when one considers both friends and shit like this happens? You break it up just like a hockey game and then you shake hands at the end. That's what I did.

It really isn't an issue or anything to fret over. Everyone has their own way and nothing so far is disruptive. Also it's not like you're running out of facsimile paper in order to read by candlelight as you drift off. It's pixels where you are free to skip whatever you want to skip and/or post.
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
User avatar
82_28
 
Posts: 11186
Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2007 4:34 am
Location: North of Queen Anne
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: What's going on?

Postby MacCruiskeen » Sat Oct 05, 2019 3:05 pm

Sadly, PuPuf, you've gotten it wrong way round. It's RI that has chosen to leave JackRiddler, for the second time in only nine months, and not vice-versa.

And it's not just Jack that RI is choosing once again to leave; it is every honest poster with a heart, a conscience, and more than two functioning neurons and a synapse.

If this unbelievable decision actually stands, then RI will finally and irrevocably have become what so many know-nothings, care-nothings, brown-nosers, shitposters, fence-sitters, pearl-clutchers, toadies, illiterates, fools, fakes, opportunists, full-time copypasters and Dem Party propagandists, and (by god yes) spooks have worked so hard to make it: The World's Most Gruesomely Boring Social Club.

It will have precisely 2 contributing members, as it did this time last year. By this time next year The Two Dreams will have 100,000 posts between them, none of them self-composed. They will be completely indistinguishable from spambots.

Rigorous Intuition, R.I.P.
There sawe I fyrst the derke ymagynyng
Of felony [...]
The pyckpurse and eke the pale drede,
The smyler, with the knyfe under the cloke.
User avatar
MacCruiskeen
 
Posts: 9733
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2006 6:47 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: What's going on?

Postby MacCruiskeen » Sat Oct 05, 2019 3:20 pm

Where is Elvis, the moderator? Has he left in disgust for the second time, after yet another contemptibly sneaky manoeuvre behind his back and against his will?
There sawe I fyrst the derke ymagynyng
Of felony [...]
The pyckpurse and eke the pale drede,
The smyler, with the knyfe under the cloke.
User avatar
MacCruiskeen
 
Posts: 9733
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2006 6:47 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: What's going on?

Postby JackRiddler » Sat Oct 05, 2019 3:30 pm

82_28 » Sat Oct 05, 2019 2:03 pm wrote:Hahaha. Nobody is getting banned and everyone is just fine but I cannot (as a "mod") allow such to go on as it was into the future. I hear it from all sides and I semi got Jeff's blessing as to handling it well. I kept him "up to speed". Like I said, as far as the penalty system in college football that you cannot target someone -- someone felt targeted.


Come on! How the fuck is that a standard? "Someone felt targeted" allows the abuser of the discourse to always claim that complaints about their abuses are "targeting" them "personally." It's bullshit on its face. It's designed to allow the flooding abuse to continue ad infinitum by making any discussion about it IMPOSSIBLE since someone can authentically (or as a lying sack of shit) claim to have been "targeted" "personally." Either the abuse of the discourse is happening or it's not.

If you're going to lock this thread I demand that you and Elvis have a further discussion about banning me. (All I care about is that you be nice enough to make it a no-post ban, so I can still log in and search through my own archived posts. If you would be so kind - I already asked Jeff that this be the case.)

I am seriously trying to just maintain a comfortable flow. It is not about my mood but it is about all being welcome.


No. All forms of action should not be welcome.

I would like this board to just get back to discussion on fascinating happenings


I find it is a fascinating happening to outline the contradictory views of the world that certain adherents of the State Department's political line are attempting to represent here (this may be unavoidable). That is what I did above in the OP.

But they are also trying to force this political line through here as hegemonic, by the means of flooding. (This is something YOU can control. It is YOUR decision how you control it.)

What does one do when one considers both friends and shit like this happens? You break it up just like a hockey game and then you shake hands at the end. That's what I did.


We are not friends. We are interlocutors on a message board. Maybe if we meet, we might be friends.

I am not "shaking hands." I do not know these people. I know them only as interlocutors on a message board, and what they do is not a hockey game. They are driving an icecracker on the ice and vandalizing the rink. They have made it their mission, whether it's a personal compulsion or an assigned job, to post here permanently and constantly along the exact same lines ad infinitum.

It's pixels where you are free to skip whatever you want to skip and/or post.


If you can even find it through all the thread-proliferating, flooding, and forced scrolling.

It is also turning this place into a closed-club for adherents of the State Department pro-imperialist political line.

We don't have to live "with each other." We could always make the place more open to others who might eventually happen on it. We could do that by prominently offering something OTHER THAN THE CORPORATE MEDIA AND STATE-DEPARTMENT FAKE-WOKE-ANARCHIST PROPAGANDA that people can get EVERWHERE ELSE.

The flooding, thread-proliferation, endless copy-pasting of the same old shit by both, the easily-triggered reflexive finger-wagging and thought-policing of the one and the fake emotional blackmail moves of the other are making that imposssible. That's on you. Limit them or limit me. Hell, it's easier to limit me, I'm not going to wage a seventeen-month campaign to restore my "right" to turn this board into my private storehouse of boring sub-intellectual bullshit or the fourteenth-wave version of the #Russiagate propaganda op.

If you lock this thread, I demand you consult with Elvis on banning me. Long as it is a group decision, I'm fine with it.

.
We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
User avatar
JackRiddler
 
Posts: 14635
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:59 pm
Location: New York City
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: What's going on?

Postby stickdog99 » Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:16 pm

If someone can post mounds of copy pasta, someone else should be able to criticize this practice in good faith, and someone should either defend this practice or simply let the criticism stand.

Personally, I don't come to RI for corporate news analysis, but for analysis of what corporations are trying to pass off to us as news. YMMV

However, the personalization of all of this is bizarre in my opinion. Nobody should feel compelled to "take sides" in a neverending battle of over who is more victimized. It's even more annoying than scrolling by the cut & pasted stuff, and is also part of the reason that this place just ain't what it used to be.
stickdog99
 
Posts: 3531
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2005 5:42 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: What's going on?

Postby Jerky » Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:21 pm

Grant him his wish and ban him already! He's gonna bore us all to death with his usual nonstop bullshit if you don't.
User avatar
Jerky
 
Posts: 2240
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2005 6:28 pm
Location: Toronto, ON
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: What's going on?

Postby stickdog99 » Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:29 pm

Jerky » 05 Oct 2019 21:21 wrote:Grant him his wish and ban him already! He's gonna bore us all to death with his usual nonstop bullshit if you don't.


Inciteful, as usual.
stickdog99
 
Posts: 3531
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2005 5:42 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: What's going on?

Postby Iamwhomiam » Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:30 pm

I completely agree with your last paragraph before Jerky's comment, stickdog. It has carried on too long in too many threads. Mac's issue is between himself and our moderators, and he should take his complaint directly to them, as I advised him to. Like an adult would do. He's behaving like a child acting-out because his expectations have not been met. Take it to the mods and abstain from commenting until the matter has been resolved via pm.
User avatar
Iamwhomiam
 
Posts: 6031
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2007 2:47 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: What's going on?

Postby seemslikeadream » Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:33 pm

stickdog99 » Sat Oct 05, 2019 4:29 pm wrote:
Jerky » 05 Oct 2019 21:21 wrote:Grant him his wish and ban him already! He's gonna bore us all to death with his usual nonstop bullshit if you don't.


Inciteful, as usual.



insightful


this is insightful and its been going on for 10 years


why should anyone have to put up with this crap

Mac was put on probation by Jeff because of vulgar thuggery

vulgar thuggery
viewtopic.php?f=34&t=16700&p=342584&hilit=nordic#p342584


Re: Is the Blockade of Gaza Justified?
Postby MacCruiskeen » Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:53 pm
"Stupid"? What would you know about that?

Fuck off, you pea-brained, arse-licking, cliché-spouting, murderer-defending, board-destroying, illiterate, powerworshipping, right-wing, mercenary trill.

Fuck off, you timewasting fascist shit. And fuck anyone who defends or tolerates your utterly worthless, shitstirring "contributions".
viewtopic.php?p=340770#p340770
User avatar
seemslikeadream
 
Posts: 32090
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2005 11:28 pm
Location: into the black
Blog: View Blog (83)

Re: What's going on?

Postby Iamwhomiam » Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:36 pm

^^^^ Must be one of "people with special privileges" we've heard so much about.
User avatar
Iamwhomiam
 
Posts: 6031
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2007 2:47 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Next

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 12 guests