What's going on?

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: What's going on?

Postby Jerky » Sun Oct 06, 2019 6:36 pm

The feeling is mutual, believe you me. You've gotten away with your thuggish antics for far too long, and with your cohorts have essentially destroyed this board. In any fairly run discussion board, you'd have been perma-banned years ago. Maybe now that moderation is no longer a one man show by your enabler, sanity will prevail and we'll see that happen.

J

MacCruiskeen » 06 Oct 2019 18:58 wrote:
Harvey » Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:32 am wrote:
[...]

AD and Jerky on the other hand don't even care enough to be conflicted. Both should be perma-banned.

Seconded, that part, 100%.
Jerky

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby JackRiddler » Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:55 pm

And peartreed arrives on schedule. The gang's all here. I'm weeping at the sensitivity.

To anyone possibly reading this from the outside, make no mistake:

This is about how the hegemony of State Department and corporate media propaganda has been achieved on this board: through incessant flooding and thread proliferation conducted mainly by two usernames.

For greater detail on the form of the propaganda, see the OP.

When this behavior is confronted, the dodge has always been to affect that they are being - oh heavens! - "personally targeted" and hurt and/or censored.

We don't even know these people. Who hides behind the facade, who knows? Who cares? This is a message board. What you do ON THE BOARD is what matters, not the person you allege to be.

So these people come in here, trash the board all day long every day, and if anyone complains, they really start exploding.

The predictable cries of "censorship" when one complains also serve to deflect from the incessant copy-paste flooding and thread proliferation that (I no longer believe coincidentally) achieves a preponderance of State Department and US corporate media propaganda on this site.

It's not that they support this bullshit propaganda, it's that they proliferate it so that it predominates and renders discussion extremely difficult.

It's also that they react in this incredibly disingenuous and fake way when they care called on it. They deflect and they personalize. It's bullshit.

Whenever it gets to the personalization stage, another pair of usernames jump in with affectations of support. They play an asshole and a saint. One personalizes further with cheap bully talk and affects to be a grand genius judge of all, while the other comes in to weep and weep and weep for hours at a time about a bunch of fake kumbaya shit that DOES NOT SPEAK TO THE POINT and generally says absolutely NOTHING.

The point is flooding and thread proliferation by a couple of posters who, I no longer believe coincidentally, force the hegemony of the State Department and US corporate media propaganda on this board.

Yes, yes, I know, repeating. Etc. etc. etc. Repeating because it never gets through. They never answer. They always deflect. They never adapt. They never stop the behavior. Deflection is the defensive tactic. That is evidence. That will not change. That is why they are disingenuous and full of shit. (As posters, not as persons! Heaven forfend. As persons, I'm sure they're so nice! Who cares?!)

Elvis brought the hammer down on this shit.

82_28 is covering for this shit with a bunch of meaningless kumbaya.

(PS - Let's see how many seconds pass before there is a deflection-reply for the purpose of just keeping the deflection going. It probably won't be long enough to even read this post.)

Last edited by JackRiddler on Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Postby 82_28 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:50 pm

82_28 is covering for this shit with a bunch of meaningless kumbaya.

Hey, you know that's what my old boss told me a few years ago: "this isn't kumbaya time" when I meaninglessly just treated people with respect.

Did I wait long enough to post this to thwart your prediction? I'm watching football currently so I have nothing to say ATM. It's an AFC "good one".
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby Iamwhomiam » Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:18 am

Just wondering Jack, do you read all the articles slad posts?
Iamwhomiam

Postby RocketMan » Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:34 am

JackRiddler wrote:It's also that they react in this incredibly disingenuous and fake way when they care called on it. They deflect and they personalize. It's bullshit.

This crystallizes something I've tried to get at in too many sentences. It's just weird. This whole mess started with complaints about posting behaviour. It is NOT personal. I don't know SLAD or anyone else here. I have no personal animus. I have no need to share my personal details or life events here, generally. And I'm not an "acolyte" of anyone, I just share some people's exasperation with this phenomenon that has gone on here for years now. I have thus far ascribed it to an extreme emotional response to Donald Trump being elected, but who knows. It's just excessive.
-I don't like hoodlums.
-That's just a word, Marlowe. We have that kind of world. Two wars gave it to us and we are going to keep it.
RocketMan

Postby RocketMan » Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:45 am

And I would add, by the way that

Jack Riddler wrote:a preponderance of State Department and US corporate media propaganda

in the posts in question also include an increasing amount of the use of the term "conspiracy theory" in the pejorative sense designed to purposefully muddy the conversation and deflect attention from the very parapolitical networks I thought we're here to try to make sense of.
-I don't like hoodlums.
-That's just a word, Marlowe. We have that kind of world. Two wars gave it to us and we are going to keep it.
RocketMan

Postby 82_28 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:46 am

Here's the problem. What may be personal for some may not be for the other or possibly so personal for the other that they experience putting people down with this oft repeated (and I know you're no winger, Jack) right wing trope of some childhood campfire song. It's been used since I was in high school to belittle anyone or anything to the left that brandished anything resembling an appeal to inclusion. Also, I am with Rocketman, it is Trump that has seemed to have caused this within everyone. We are feeling the creep of fascism in the only way to do so which is in my readings and other outlets needs to be endured the best one can. I was not kidding in that long running thread of "TRUMP is seriously dangerous" that I happened to start way back when I didn't think he had a chance but saw the rhetoric as dangerous and would live on, with or without the fucker. I am also of the mind and it is hard to keep up where someone said we all basically are on the same side. I for one would not throw anyone under the bus but the polarization is afoot and will manifest itself in many ways. Left or right. It could be happening here. Luckily we're just IP addresses now and not the neighbor across the street just yet.
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby JackRiddler » Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:35 am

82_28, you are deflecting. You take a word and write an irrelevant essay. Your Will Rogers golly-gee act wore thin last year.

Speak on the flooding and thread proliferation practiced by certain usernames. It doesn't matter whether these are in keeping with rules, it is corrupt and unethical behavior.

Speak on the way they deflect criticism of these practices into bullshit personalization.

Speak on how certain posters only ever appear here so as to provide back-up on the bullshit.

Speak on how the flooding consistently promotes the dominance (in frequency on the front page and in disruptive 20-screen posts of copy paste) of a) the State Department propaganda line, thus promoting U.S. war operations; and b) the CIA and corporate media psyop to portray the coming of open fascism to the United States as a "Russian" takeover and thus promoting U.S. war propaganda.

We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

JackRiddler

Postby alloneword » Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:21 pm

Well, so just WTF IS going on? I've waited a while before commenting on this issue as I want to make fairly sure I'm aware of the facts before offering an opinion.

The facts (as I see them, but please do correct me if I'm wrong) are:

• 82_28 largely abdicated responsibility as a moderator, absent for over 9 months, bar a single brief appearance (*see below).
  • Elvis, the remaining active moderator, made a decision to ban a poster who has a long history of what was considered to be disruptive behaviour.
  • 82_28 then decides to reinstate this poster - without consulting with Elvis.
  • 82_28 then decides (at the behest of this first poster, again without consulting Elvis) to reinstate yet another poster - also considered disruptive - who had previously been banned by Elvis.
  • This second poster being the self same one as had been briefly reinstated* by 82_28 previously (again, without consultation?) following his initial ban by Elvis back in December, only to be promptly re-banned again.

Elvis » Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:36 pm wrote:From the beginning I tried to consult with my my fellow moderator, seeking his advice, perspective and moral support before taking any action; I got no help. I was told, "You are a mod" and to do as I saw fit. Then my fellow moderator disappeared for months, putting all moderator responsibilities on me. Yes, I attempted to contact him last December, but I received no reply.

I always said what I was doing and why I was doing it, and sometimes public discussion preceded any action taken. The recent actions of my fellow moderator, in concert with a small but vocal group, were all done in secret.

Further, when Jeff was drawn into this, I was given no opportunity to represent myself or defend my actions. It was all done secretly.

Now, 82_28, you speak of 'respect'.

So where is the 'respect' in that?

It's my opinion is that your behaviour in this matter has been profoundly disrespectful, to the community here, but particularly towards Elvis, who has acted with integrity throughout.

(I'm not particularly sorry if you (82) feel that this 'CORNER[s you] IN A PERSONAL WAY', since you, by your actions, put yourself in this corner).

-

In answer to the question in the OP:

Jack, you are spot on: "This is about how the hegemony of State Department and corporate media propaganda has been achieved on this board: through incessant flooding and thread proliferation conducted mainly by two usernames."

If you do this, if you willingly disseminate State Department and corporate media propaganda, gleefully echoing their talking points and giving credence to their paranoid fantasies, then you really are no better than them. You are doing their bidding. You are actually helping the Global corporate elite in their war on the rest of us. So fuck you.

If you facilitate, tolerate or enable this, you are helping to condemn generations to come to live under the very thing (yeah, the other 'F' word) most of you profess to be fighting against. So fuck you, too.

The 'battle' here isn't about bullshit left/right, lib/dem or pro/anti Trump issues.

It's about those who like (or would like us) to conform to these false establishment sanctioned lines crap-flooding and drowning out everything else, including those who are seeking to expose whatever has it's hand up the arse of the all the puppets in this global Punch and Judy show.

Oh, while I'm at it: you're also right on the money regarding the (textbook passive-aggressive) claims of 'victimhood' and 'bullying' every time they are called on it. The only thing I find almost as nauseating as this behaviour itself is the willingness of otherwise seemingly rational minds to get sucked in by it, becoming 'enablers'.

I really don't care if your cat died or you have Chlamydia or you just found out you're 1/1024th cro-magnon, it has no bearing on what I think of your behaviour. Show some respect. For yourself, for the rest of us and for the dead fucking cat, and don't try to use the poor creature's demise in order to deflect criticism of your behaviour on a message board. Because that's just sick.
alloneword

Postby seemslikeadream » Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:22 pm

You are wrong

You are unaware of many things

Jack is a toddler throwing a hissy fit because he has found out that he does not own this place

YOU show respect for the owner of this place

And the OWNER OF THIS PLACE says that

seemslikeadream » Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:06 pm wrote:Jeff says

I don’t want anybody banned

seemslikeadream » Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:49 pm wrote:cross posting so Jeff's post does not get missed

Jeff » Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:18 pm wrote:There's no way this won't sound anodyne, but isn't the board big enough for everyone?

I won't pretend to be up to speed on all of the disagreements here, but maybe that's good. The issues are maybe irrelevant to my point, which is that you don't all need to be pals, but maybe you do need to give each other some space.

I don't want anybody banned or the board to be heavily moderated. In return, all I'd like is some basic, online courtesy. Like not flooding someone's thread, or driving discussion off topic, or making vicious personal attacks. That kind of stuff.

Jeff out
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby Harvey » Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:32 pm

Jack, magnificent performance in this thread. We do indeed live and learn. But out there it's like having the tap turned on isn't it? Just like last time. So, aren't there more important topics folks? If so, let's have a vote. Let democracy reign. We can vote for who should be banned, establish a method, carry out the vote, but before absorbing the vote, split into camps and spread disinformation on the other voters. Perhaps appeal to some authoritative source and then endlessly dissect just how the vote was rigged, but vaguely, nothing indictable. That was a joke.

So, who doubts that certain contributors are working in unison to make this board both intolerable and inoperable? If so, what then?
And while we spoke of many things, fools and kings
This he said to me
"The greatest thing
You'll ever learn
Is just to love
And be loved
In return"

Eden Ahbez
Harvey

Blog: View Blog (20)

Postby seemslikeadream » Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:35 pm

I have been a member in good standing here for 15 years

I knew Jeff years before he started this site

Jeff invited me here 15 years ago when he told me he was going to start this place. I respect the owner of this site and both mods

AGAIN

Jeff has said he does not want anyone banned he has not given permission for anyone here to take a vote on who should be banned BECAUSE he has stated ...........ONE MORE TIME

He does not want anyone banned

GET IT

wow another dump on 82 because he was trying to be fair to all members

but sigh life is short so let me get out all my seediness now

so seedy ...wordsmiths can be so seedy, they know words they have the best words for seediness and a little arrogance on the side

they are not even trying to pretend they want any kinda of fairness here, they are publicly admitting they prefer one mod over another who will do what they want, do you understand Elvis they are saying YOU banned AD because they wanted you to ........BUT RUMORS ABOUT 82!!!!!!!!!! :whisper: :whisper: :whisper: :whisper:

We don’t need rumors you all are doing it in plain site

Elvis you told me they had nothing to do with that decision maybe you need to correct the record

seedymaximum

you know that it is really not a nice thing to do to Elvis how can you guys trash Elvis's reputation like that? Telling everyone here that Elvis was on your side and not being a fair mod to all members here....that is really really not a good thing to say about a mod ..do you even understand that? Did Elvis promise you something? I think not but it makes for a good argument I guess, make shit up

I always thought Elvis was trying very hard to be fair, he was always there if I wanted to talk something over with him, he always treated me with respect

Even though I have disagreed with Elvis on occasion I don't believe I have ever publicly criticized any decision that Elvis had made maybe a slight back and forth but nothing like I am seeing against 82_28....Elvis is the mod and he is due respect just like 82_28. I disagreed about AD suspension but held my tongue for 9 months how’s that for control

shame on you all but then again you aren't listening to Jeff then again you have no respect for Jeff or his house you all think it belongs to you

there was a time when members refrained from publicly questioning mods or trying to leave the impression that a certain mod was on their side and doing their bidding ...but times have changed and the REAL BABIES here are the ones that can not contain/CONTROL themselves and continue to throw tantrums insinuate that Elvis is working for them, the "elites" who's intellect is far above the lowly other members who are not intelligent enough to post here even after Jeff came by to give his guidance ....

Like a pack of dogs who bone has been taken away ...that’s what I see

THEY ARE IGNORING THE WISHES OF THE OWNER OF THIS BOARD

you want some rumors to go with YOURS I've got plenty and some facts about one person that is allowed to post here that has nothing but hate for this place but he has the full support of everyone here that he should be allowed to stay, like that was even up for a vote by anyone here...that’s not the way it works here....members are not allowed to vote on who stays and who goes....just where do you guys get off assigning special privileges to yourselves.... no one is starting 10 threads on why he should be banned

The infamous Jack and his rule breaking OPs calling out members he does not like demanding they be banned ...there is only one other person that has done that ....Mr. Cowboy ...great company you got there rule breaking is only allowed for a precious few Mr. Cowboy was banned IMMEDIATELY for committing the same crime but you get to do it over and over again ....Elvis did send you to the corner once for your little foray but you are back doing it again and what do you know 82 was FAIR to you and gave you a chance to settle down ...how’s that working out?

Last time I saw an attitude like that I was playing a commuter game with my 5 year old twin grand kids

maybe just maybe they missed this post

Jeff » Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:18 pm wrote:There's no way this won't sound anodyne, but isn't the board big enough for everyone?

I won't pretend to be up to speed on all of the disagreements here, but maybe that's good. The issues are maybe irrelevant to my point, which is that you don't all need to be pals, but maybe you do need to give each other some space.

I don't want anybody banned or the board to be heavily moderated. In return, all I'd like is some basic, online courtesy. Like not flooding someone's thread, or driving discussion off topic, or making vicious personal attacks. That kind of stuff.

Jeff out.

I guess according to some members here 15 years ago Jeff needed to have everyone that wanted to post here take a purity and wordsmithy test first along with a proclivity for seediness measurement then a situation such as this would have never happened, the riffraff would never have been allowed in

I guess Jeff just messed up when he told me about starting this place and inviting me to post here, at least I guess he should have put restrictions on my posting before OKing my membership but alas he knew me and let me in anyway without taking an exam.
Last edited by seemslikeadream on Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby JackRiddler » Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:48 pm

Good summary alloneword, so useful to see amid all this gaslighting (as the term now goes).

alloneword » Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:21 pm wrote:If you do this, if you willingly disseminate State Department and corporate media propaganda, gleefully echoing their talking points and giving credence to their paranoid fantasies, then you really are no better than them. You are doing their bidding. You are actually helping the Global corporate elite in their war on the rest of us. So fuck you.

I wouldn't even go that far. It's okay to be a patsy, it happens. But then you also emphasize the key point. It's the form of the intervention:

It's about those who like (or would like us) to conform to these false establishment sanctioned lines crap-flooding and drowning out everything else, including those who are seeking to expose whatever has it's hand up the arse of the all the puppets in this global Punch and Judy show.

Oh, while I'm at it: you're also right on the money regarding the (textbook passive-aggressive) claims of 'victimhood' and 'bullying' every time they are called on it. The only thing I find almost as nauseating as this behaviour itself is the willingness of otherwise seemingly rational minds to get sucked in by it, becoming 'enablers'.

JackRiddler

Postby seemslikeadream » Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:49 pm

Too bad members here can not give Jeff the respect as the owner of this site deserves

He has made his views perfectly clear
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby Sounder » Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:57 pm

Thanks Jack and alloneword,

I lived in Cleveland a few years back and worked in an area called University Heights. I noticed a sticker common on exterior doors that said; No Solicitations: ordnance No. 82-28.

It was during a time I becoming weary of the patter of 82-28, so maybe I overreacted, but I never trusted him since. Well, plus the virtue signaling can get tedious.

However, I wish 82-28 well even if he did not do real well, (cause it don't really matter anyway.)
All these things will continue as long as coercion remains a central element of our mentality.
Sounder

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion