Tectonic Weapons

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Tectonic Weapons

Postby brainpanhandler » Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:52 am

In the spirit of paranoid intuition with little to no rigor I offer the board this speculation: Tectonic weapons exist and were used to produce these quakes in Iran in response to the rocket attacks. The second quake 30 minutes after the first was to confirm for the Iranians that they were being produced artificially.

Two earthquakes strike near Iran nuclear plant

By Artemis Moshtaghian, CNN
Updated 9:52 AM ET, Wed January 8, 2020

Two earthquakes struck near a nuclear power plant in southwestern Iran on Wednesday morning, just over a week after another quake hit the region.

The first quake, measuring 4.9 magnitude, struck just before 9.00 a.m. local time in Bushehr province, according to the United States Geological Survey (USGS).
Around 30 minutes later a second quake, this time measuring 4.5 magnitude, struck the same province which runs along the Iranian coastline.
The quake epicenters were within 20 kilometers of the city of Borazjan -- a short distance from the country's Bushehr nuclear power plant.
Another earthquake, measuring 5.1 magnitude, struck the same region less than two weeks ago.

In a dramatic day for Iran, the two quakes happened just hours after the country fired a number of missiles at two Iraqi bases housing US troops, in retaliation for the US' killing of a top Iranian general last week.

In the wake of Qasem Soleimani's killing last week, Iran said it was ending its commitment to the 2015 nuclear deal with world powers.
Opened in August 2010, Bushehr is not only Iran's first nuclear plant but the first civilian reactor in the Middle East.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/08/middleea ... index.html

Iran is one of the most seismically active countries in the world, being crossed by several major faults that cover at least 90% of the country.[1] As a result, earthquakes in Iran occur often and are destructive.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_e ... es_in_Iran

A tectonic weapon is a hypothetical device or system which could create earthquakes, volcanoes, or other seismic events in specified locations by interfering with the Earth's natural geological processes. It was defined in 1992 by Aleksey Vsevolodovich Nikolayev, corresponding member Russian Academy of Sciences: "A tectonic or seismic weapon would be the use of the accumulated tectonic energy of the Earth's deeper layers to induce a destructive earthquake".[1] He added "to set oneself the objective of inducing an earthquake is extremely doubtful".
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tectonic_weapon
"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." - Martin Luther King Jr.
brainpanhandler

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Tectonic Weapons

Postby Belligerent Savant » Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:34 am

Uncanny, the timing, if purely natural in origin.

Continuing in the spirit of paranoid intuition with little to no rigor: if we consider the premise, and deployment, of tectonic weapons, then we must also consider that there are other similar force-of-nature weapons that can influence or mimic natural events on demand.

Yes, i realize this thought process allows an opening for the deplorables among the 'alternative thinkers' to resurface. There's no refuge in the interweb that can be kept sterile forever, alas. Silver lining: It'll make for good reading along with a cup of hipster-brewed coffee and avocado multi-grain toast.
Belligerent Savant

Postby Cordelia » Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:18 pm

Wasn't the second quake an after-shock? The o.p. was my first thought because I believe earthquakes can be and are orchestrated. However, according to cursory google search,

Iran is one of the most seismically active countries in the world, being crossed by several major faults that cover at least 90% of the country. As a result, earthquakes in Iran occur often and are destructive.

Still, the assassination, plane downing crash, earthquake; a perfect three-punch combination (even 'coincidences' can send powerful messages).
The greatest sin is to be unconscious. ~ Carl Jung

We may not choose the parameters of our destiny. But we give it its content. ~ Dag Hammarskjold 'Waymarks'
Cordelia

Postby JackRiddler » Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:35 pm

I shall be doggedly agnostic on this. Seems like it should be possible, and of course if it's possible the masters of war want to try it. Let's say it proved feasible and has been developed. Even if it is designed to aim at such well-chosen points that it mostly unleashes potential energy stored in tectonic tension, triggering that would still require a lot of input. What is the energy source? How would it be possible to hit the required spot without leaving a measurable signature? Or rather, since this is impossible: what is the signature, if it was one of these speculative weapons?

The plane crash is starting to stink to me. I mean, hell of a hell of a hell of a...

ON EDIT: Right after I wrote that, US authorities started blaming Iran for shooting down the plane.
We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Postby Belligerent Savant » Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:29 pm

Remember the good 'ol days of fringe listservs referencing HAARP?

Chavez: US 'Tectonic Weapon' Caused Haiti Quake

By Bill Christensen January 29, 2010

A 'tectonic weapon' under testing by the United States caused the Haiti earthquake, according to Venezuelan leader Hugo Chavez, who appears to have more of a sci-fi background than we all thought.

"President Chavez said the US was 'playing God' by testing devices capable of creating eco-type catastrophes, the Spanish newspaper ABC quoted him as saying.

"Chavez said the killer earthquake followed a test of 'weapon of earthquakes' just offshore from Haiti. He did not elaborate on the source of his claim," according to Press TV.

Apparently, the media in Venezuela have reported that the earthquake "may be associated with the project called HAARP, a system that can generate violent and unexpected changes in climate."

HAARP, the High Frequency Active Auroral Research Program, is a study run in Alaska directed at the occasional reconfiguration of the properties of the Earth's ionosphere to improve satellite communications. The project receives funding from the US Air Force, the US Navy, the University of Alaska and DARPA (Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency).

Fans of the LucasArts game Fracture (perhaps Hugo Chavez among them) may recall weaponry like Tectonic Grenades that create "terrain deformation" as a part of game play (see photo).

https://www.livescience.com/8071-chavez ... quake.html

Another familiar name for the veterans among us:

By Prof Michel Chossudovsky
Global Research, September 24, 2019
The Ecologist, December 2007, Global Research 7 December 2007

Rarely acknowledged in the debate on global climate change, the world’s weather can now be modified as part of a new generation of sophisticated electromagnetic weapons. Both the US and Russia have developed capabilities to manipulate the climate for military use.

Environmental modification techniques have been applied by the US military for more than half a century. US mathematician John von Neumann, in liaison with the US Department of Defense, started his research on weather modification in the late 1940s at the height of the Cold War and foresaw ‘forms of climatic warfare as yet unimagined’. During the Vietnam war, cloud-seeding techniques were used, starting in 1967 under Project Popeye, the objective of which was to prolong the monsoon season and block enemy supply routes along the Ho Chi Minh Trail.

The US military has developed advanced capabilities that enable it selectively to alter weather patterns. The technology, which is being perfected under the High-frequency Active Auroral Research Program (HAARP), is an appendage of the Strategic Defense Initiative – ‘Star Wars’. From a military standpoint, HAARP is a weapon of mass destruction, operating from the outer atmosphere and capable of destabilising agricultural and ecological systems around the world.

https://www.globalresearch.ca/weather-w ... rfare/7561
Belligerent Savant

Postby Belligerent Savant » Thu Jan 09, 2020 4:34 pm

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Popeye

over ~50 years ago.

Operation Popeye (Project Controlled Weather Popeye / Motorpool / Intermediary-Compatriot) was a highly classified weather modification program in Southeast Asia during 1967–1972. The cloud seeding operation during the Vietnam War ran from March 20, 1967 until July 5, 1972 in an attempt to extend the monsoon season, specifically over areas of the Ho Chi Minh Trail. The operation was used to induce rain and extend the East Asian Monsoon season in support of U.S. government efforts related to the War in Southeast Asia.

The former U.S. Secretary of Defense, Robert S. McNamara, was aware that there might be objections raised by the international scientific community but said in a memo to the president that such objections had not in the past been a basis for prevention of military activities considered to be in the interests of U.S. national security.

The chemical weather modification program was conducted from Thailand over Cambodia, Laos, and Vietnam and allegedly sponsored by Secretary of State Henry Kissinger and CIA without the authorization of then Secretary of Defense Melvin Laird who had categorically denied to Congress that a program for modification of the weather for use as a tactical weapon even existed.

Belligerent Savant

Postby identity » Thu Jan 09, 2020 5:28 pm

FWIW...

New NASA research points to possible HAARP connection in Japan earthquake, tsunami

Friday, June 10, 2011

Recent data released by Dimitar Ouzounov and colleagues from the NASA Goddard Space Flight Center in Maryland highlights some strange atmospheric anomalies over Japan just days before the massive earthquake and tsunami struck on March 11. Seemingly inexplicable and rapid heating of the ionosphere directly above the epicenter reached a maximum only three days prior to the quake, according to satellite observations, suggesting that directed energy emitted from transmitters used in the High Frequency Active Auroral Research Program (HAARP) may have been responsible for inducing the quake.

Published in the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) publication Technology Review, the findings are presented alongside a different theory called Lithosphere-Atmosphere-Ionosphere Coupling, which hypothesizes that the heating in the ionosphere may have been caused by the impending earthquake as the fault line released radioactive radon. This theory, of course, is not actually proven, but is instead presented as a possible explanation for the presence of the high-density electrons and emitted infrared radiation that was observed.

Another explanation for this strange heating -- and one that, upon analysis, seems much more likely -- is that it was an indication that concentrated energy was used to induce the earthquake, and not the other way around. Numerous credible reports and scientific observations reveal that HAARP technology is fully capable of being used as a scalar weapon, meaning it can emit strong electromagnetic pulse bombs that can alter weather or trigger seismic fault lines.

A casual glance at the graphics presented as part of Ouzounov's research data shows near-perfect heat rings present above the epicenter of the quake. If radon emissions from the fault line were truly responsible for creating these heat zones, they would more than likely have had irregular, scattered appearances, rather than concentric circles. This anomaly by itself debunks the theory that the impending earthquake caused the heat patterns.

Also, readings from the HAARP Induction Magnetometer, which visualizes the frequency spectrum of signals detected in the earth's geomagnetic field, show that a steady, ultra-low frequency (ULF) of roughly 2.5 Hz was being broadcast days before the earthquake. The 2.5 Hz ULF happens to be the exact same frequency as the natural resonance produced by an earthquake -- and since there were no constant earthquakes occurring on the days before the quake as the HAARP Induction Magnetometer appeared to indicate, the logical conclusion is that the signal was being broadcast to induce the quake (http://presscore.ca/2011/?p=1624).

Some would argue that HAARP is not capable of producing such frequencies, especially at the power levels that would be required to induce a massive earthquake like the 9.0+ that occurred in Japan. But testimony by various governments says otherwise.

On April 28, 1997, then US Secretary of Defense William S. Cohen gave an important keynote address at the Conference on Terrorism, Weapons of Mass Destruction, and US Strategy at the University of Georgia in Athens. When asked a question about terrorism, Cohen had this to say as part of his response about the type of technology that existed, even back then:

"Others are engaging even in an eco-type terrorism whereby they can alter the climate, set off earthquakes, volcanoes remotely through the use of electromagnetic waves" (http://www.defense.gov/transcripts/...).

This admission counters the claims made by some that no such technology exists, and that it is impossible to create seismic activity using directed energy. Clearly the technology has been around for a while, and the notion of it being used as a weapon is anything but a baseless conspiracy theory.

Then, there is the EU report on the environment, security and foreign policy, that was released on January 14, 1999 (http://www.europarl.europa.eu/sides...). This report outlines various types of weapon threats, including a section entitled, "HAARP - a weapons system which disrupts the climate."

The paper explains that HAARP is "run jointly by the US Air Force and Navy," and that one of its purposes is "to heat up portions of ionosphere with powerful radio beams." It also states the following important details:

"HAARP can be used for many purposes. Enormous quantities of energy can be controlled by manipulating the electrical characteristics of the atmosphere. If used as a military weapon this can have a devastating impact on an enemy. HAARP can deliver millions of times more energy to a given area than any other conventional transmitter. The energy can also be aimed at a moving target which should constitute a potential anti-missile system."

Later references to HAARP describe it as "a matter of global concern," emphasizing that most people have no idea it even exists. This was written, of course, more than a decade ago -- and yet not much has changed since that time, despite several pushes to make HAARP more transparent. But if HAARP is truly responsible for helping to induce some of the seemingly natural disasters that occur in the world, it is no surprise that the program continues to be kept largely under wraps.
identity

Postby JackRiddler » Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:58 pm

Cohen's statement is one of the perennials for quotation:

"Others are engaging even in an eco-type terrorism whereby they can alter the climate, set off earthquakes, volcanoes remotely through the use of electromagnetic waves"

Has there been a follow-up? An expansion? Anyone else taking it up and saying what he is talking about? Who these "others" may be?

I see the post above lacks a working link. Here it is:
https://archive.defense.gov/transcripts ... riptID=674

He is talking theoretically, speculation about what may be possible and what scientists are researching (including ethno-specific bio-pathogens). It doesn't mean the tech already exists, or is feasible. (It also doesn't mean it doesn't.) But this is NOT past tense, as if he is saying this is already, has already been done!

Please don't complain about the following link, deal with the content. It is an excellent example of how to do thorough textual research, step by step:

https://www.metabunk.org/threads/debunk ... orism.159/

We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

JackRiddler

Postby Harvey » Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:17 pm

I'm still trying to comprehend how the United States of America lured a celebrated state official of another country they've been persecuting for at least seventy years to his death and (for many people) apparently succeeded in trying to pretend he was a terrorist by killing him in an act of terrorism in front of the worlds press.

Techtonic guns seem like, overkill, beside the power to do all that.

But I confess, I am open to the idea.
And while we spoke of many things, fools and kings
This he said to me
"The greatest thing
You'll ever learn
Is just to love
And be loved
In return"

Eden Ahbez
Harvey

Blog: View Blog (20)

Postby JackRiddler » Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:24 pm

Sure, if it's thinkable, they will look into whether it's possible, and if it seems feasible, they will sink money into it, and see where that takes them. I mean, obviously. Militaries made the atom bomb, invented poison gas and concentration camps, burn millions of acres of grain, burn millions of people, plan invasions of everywhere and genocides of everyone. Of course they'd want an earthquake gun, just as they desire a space force and full spectrum dominance. But whether it's doable, right now, I can't help doubting, especially when those who think it's already happening aren't up to the task of telling us what the signature would be. Because whatever it is, it needs to transmit ENERGY. It would have a signature. The only definite earthquake gun I can think of has a signature. It's called a nuclear weapon. For a long time I've thought testing in non-earthquake zones probably has the potential to set off later earthquakes at the fault lines, as collateral damage. I'd love to see that researched.
Last edited by JackRiddler on Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JackRiddler

Postby Belligerent Savant » Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:10 am

But whether it's doable, right now, I can't help doubting, especially when those who think it's already happening aren't up to the task of telling us what the signature would be.

Well, such information wouldn't be broadcast, or even transmitted via closed-circuit, natch. Also, any signatures are likely containerized within an inverted force/deflector field to prevent readings from civilian instruments. I understand this highly classified technology was low-key leaked under the guise of satire on a recent Rick and Morty episode, per an unverified source.
Belligerent Savant

Postby Joe Hillshoist » Fri Jan 10, 2020 3:01 am

Harvey » 10 Jan 2020 09:17 wrote:I'm still trying to comprehend how the United States of America lured a celebrated state official of another country they've been persecuting for at least seventy years to his death and (for many people) apparently succeeded in trying to pretend he was a terrorist by killing him in an act of terrorism in front of the worlds press.

Techtonic guns seem like, overkill, beside the power to do all that.

But I confess, I am open to the idea.

That's up there with the best comments I've read in ages.
Joe Hillshoist

Postby Joe Hillshoist » Fri Jan 10, 2020 3:17 am

JackRiddler » 10 Jan 2020 10:24 wrote:Sure, if it's thinkable, they will look into whether it's possible, and if it seems feasible, they will sink money into it, and see where that takes them. I mean, obviously. Militaries made the atom bomb, invented poison gas and concentration camps, burn millions of acres of grain, burn millions of people, plan invasions of everywhere and genocides of everyone as contingencies. Of course they'd want an earthquake gun. But whether it's doable, right now, I can't help doubting, especially when those who think it's already happening aren't up to the task of telling us what the signature would be. Because whatever it is, it needs to transmit ENERGY. It would have a signature. The only definite earthquake gun I can think of has a signature, it's called a nuclear weapon, and I've been thinking testing in non earthquake zones probably has been setting off later earthquakes at the fault lines as collateral damage.

So, allegedly it works by interferometry.

Two waves that are acting as carrier signals for "energy" (in the physics sense) collapse each other releasing the energy.

The energy is the form of some structure made up of equal and opposite vectors of energy that have a net scalar value of zero.

The collapse of the signal carrier destroys the structure with net scalar value of zero by eliminating one of the vectors keeping it balanced at zero. The remaining energy is released into the immediate environment.

I dunno if that's 100% right either.

There's a lot about it that is sketchy and I dunno if it's physically possible to do it.

There's pages of maths put out by a sketchy character Et in Arcadia Ego and I had come across seperately. If this is a real thing the only way to accurately describe it is with maths. But I'm not that into maths.

HAARP is an ionospheric heater.

I'm sceptical but open to the idea that it or something similar been involved with our fires. The only culprit I can see would be China tho.

The sun pumps over a thousand watts per square metre onto the surface of the earth. Non stop, all the time.

I doubt you can do much more than supplement or tweak the edges of the weather that input creates.
Joe Hillshoist

Postby alloneword » Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:32 am

I used to read 'codshit.com' occasionally, where Trowbridge H. Ford used to go on about tectonic weapons a lot... e.g: https://cryptome.org/0001/usa-disasters3.htm and http://codshit.blogspot.com/2011/10/sic ... tagon.html

I never really knew what to make of Ford, but there it is. :shrug:
alloneword

Postby brainpanhandler » Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:47 am

I might have picked a better time to start this thread. I don't seem to have any time at the moment, but I have been reading everyone's comments and I have a number of thoughts and replies. Hopefully I can carve out some time this weekend.
"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." - Martin Luther King Jr.
brainpanhandler

Next

Return to General Discussion