Coronavirus Crisis: Main Thread

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Coronavirus Crisis: Main Thread

Postby stickdog99 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:05 pm

stickdog99

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby stickdog99 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:32 pm

Belligerent Savant » 16 Sep 2021 22:08 wrote:.

@ianmSC

Last year, the New York Times said the Philippines had the highest rate of mask wearing in the world

They’re on day 532 of mask mandates, there are curfews, face shield AND mask mandates, quarantine hotels for travelers…all of The Science™

So why have cases exploded?

https://twitter.com/ianmSC/status/14386 ... 26991?s=20

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/COVID-19_ ... hilippines

The first vaccines acquired by the Philippine national government was from Sinovac. The first batch of Sinovac's vaccines consisting of 600,000 doses were received by the Philippines on February 28, 2021, with the country expected to receive a total of 26 million doses.[70] Vaccines sourced through the COVAX facility is also funded through donations by foreign countries.[71] The IATF-EID approved the Philippines' participation in COVAX on July 24, 2020.[72] The country is the recipient of vaccines from Pfizer–BioNTech and Oxford–AstraZeneca through the platform.[73]tt

The first batch of vaccines arrived just in time to accounted for the March spike of COVID-19 cases in the Philippines.

The Philippines also engaged in talks with Israel to obtain a possible donation of excess vaccines from the Middle Eastern country.[74]

The Philippines has received 1,124,100 Oxford–AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine donations from Japan on July 8.[75]

The Philippines has received about 3,239,400 Janssen COVID-19 vaccine donations from the United States on July 16–17 through COVAX.[76][77]

This batch of vaccines arrived just in time to accounted for the spike of COVID-19 cases in the Philippines that started in mid-July and continues apace to this day/.

The Philippines has received 415,040 Oxford–AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine doses donations from the United Kingdom on August 2.[78]

The Philippines has received 3,000,060 Moderna COVID-19 vaccine donations from the United States on August 3 through COVAX.[79]

This batch of vaccines arrived just in time to accounted for the spike of COVID-19 cases in the Philippines that supercharged in August and continues apace to this day/.

stickdog99

Postby Belligerent Savant » Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:40 pm

The Open Covid Discussion threads in that 'Toward Ecosophy' forum, above, are worth reading as well. Great anecdotal info and theorizing (some better than others).

I encourage all to give the following a listen when time allows, particularly the Open Public Hearing Session starting at about the ~4:00:00 mark:

Vaccines and Related Biological Products Advisory Committee – 9/17/2021

Join us for a Vaccines and Related Biological Products Advisory Committee meeting to discuss Pfizer-BioNTech’s supplemental Biologics License Application for administration of a third dose, or “booster” dose, of the COVID-19 vaccine, Comirnaty, in individuals 16 years of age and older.

A few notable screenshots from the Open Public Hearing portion:

also, hot off the presses:

@JordanSchachtel

Biden White House intended on rolling out booster shots in 3 days. Today, FDA overwhelmingly voted to shut that down. 1st clear revolt from bureaucracy during this admin. Sparked by 2 top officials retiring & denouncing boosters in Lancet paper. Interesting developments for sure.
3:41 PM · Sep 17, 2021

It's a legit revolt. The White House is not happy.

Update: FDA later voted to approve booster EUA for >65 bracket.

https://twitter.com/JordanSchachtel/sta ... 26404?s=20
Last edited by Belligerent Savant on Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Belligerent Savant

Postby stickdog99 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:51 pm

Joe Hillshoist » 17 Sep 2021 05:17 wrote:
8bitagent » 14 Sep 2021 19:04 wrote:I don't even think the most brainwashed Rachel Maddow MSNBC viewer would accept the shit happening in Australia. What's happening in Australia feels like it's a made up article by a far right conspiracy website, but is far too real.

What is happening in Australia?

Search up photos of how many people were at the (supposedly closed to the public, in the most fascist lockdown on earth) beach at Bondi the other day.

Please correct me if I am wrong, but isn't your honest gut instinct to want to punish those people for being so irresponsible as to enjoy the beach (GASP!) during a "raging pandemic"?

To me, the scariest thing I have learned form this pandemic is just how easy it is for our oligarchs to manipulate the behavior of our most well-meaning and "responsible" citizens. The citizens who we could count on most to pitch in and help their fellow citizens during a real crisis are also those most easily manipulated into demanding that others face authoritarian punishment if they do not also voluntarily give up every conceivable human right they have during a corporate media manufactured crisis.
stickdog99

Postby stickdog99 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:09 pm

stickdog99

Postby stickdog99 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:06 pm

Link to 2 min video presented to CDC advisory committee:

https://twitter.com/justin_hart/status/ ... 58144?s=19
stickdog99

Postby Belligerent Savant » Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:59 pm

Actually that was during the FDA's ' Vaccines and Related Biological Products Advisory Committee meeting' I linked above. A couple of Dr. Jessica Rose's slides are included as screenshots in my prior posting above.
Belligerent Savant

Postby Harvey » Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:27 pm

This is very good.

Max Bluementhal & CJ Hopkins on the Cult of the New Normal and GloboCap (global capitalist) ideology

Video: https://odysee.com/@WinstonsWorld:a/GloboCap:0
And while we spoke of many things, fools and kings
This he said to me
"The greatest thing
You'll ever learn
Is just to love
And be loved
In return"

Eden Ahbez
Harvey

Blog: View Blog (20)

Postby Joe Hillshoist » Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:00 pm

stickdog99 » 18 Sep 2021 07:51 wrote:
Joe Hillshoist » 17 Sep 2021 05:17 wrote:
8bitagent » 14 Sep 2021 19:04 wrote:I don't even think the most brainwashed Rachel Maddow MSNBC viewer would accept the shit happening in Australia. What's happening in Australia feels like it's a made up article by a far right conspiracy website, but is far too real.

What is happening in Australia?

Search up photos of how many people were at the (supposedly closed to the public, in the most fascist lockdown on earth) beach at Bondi the other day.

Please correct me if I am wrong, but isn't your honest gut instinct to want to punish those people for being so irresponsible as to enjoy the beach (GASP!) during a "raging pandemic"?

To me, the scariest thing I have learned form this pandemic is just how easy it is for our oligarchs to manipulate the behavior of our most well-meaning and "responsible" citizens. The citizens who we could count on most to pitch in and help their fellow citizens during a real crisis are also those most easily manipulated into demanding that others face authoritarian punishment if they do not also voluntarily give up every conceivable human right they have during a corporate media manufactured crisis.

Why would I do that?

For a start they are in the sunshine and open air, near salt water. If you look closely they are all social distancing too, tho that might not be a deliberate thing, Australians like their personal space.

As for the fuckwit who came up to Nimbin, brought weed while infected and didn't wear a mask or advise anyone of his status ... if he'd infected a bunch of people in Nimbin - that's a different story but I'd do that myself. I certainly wouldn't involve the state.

Some of those people are my friends, even tho i don't sell them pot (or buy it oiff them). The person he scored off is vulnerable to COVID, homeless and has underlying conditions that in all likelihood would have seen him dead on the street under a particular building where he sleeps because he has serious mental health issues and wouldn't be able to seek treatment. As it is nothing came of it so who cares. (That isn't specifically a response to COVID tho. Someone could do a number of different things and provoke a similar response from me or a number of other people.)

People are sick of lockdowns. They are sick of mixed messages from government and just want some semblance of their lives back. But the stories I've heard from hospital staff (not officially, anecdotally) are scary as fuck.

People who turn up to hospital with 40% sats. That is the O2 percentage in their blood. My old man had low 90s in hospital once and they wouldn't let him out. I've heard that figure referred to as "incompatible with life". Those people are dying or at the least poisoning their organs, maybe beyond any chance of recovery.

They talk about people who lie down and voluntarily turn over onto their chests so they can breathe. Now apparently this is very rare, what I head was "never seen it before" and multiple people are turning up and doing it. They describe wards full of people lying face down on the highest available O2 setting. And things aren't even really bad in NSW yet.

This isn't a case of MSM manufactured stories either. There is no chance those people will tell the press this stuff cos it contradicts the government and business council line and they don't want to ruin their careers or even lose their jobs.
Joe Hillshoist

Postby drstrangelove » Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:09 am

https://twitter.com/Bhabanisankar02/sta ... 6910453761

Victorian police must have some of the dumbest cunts commanding them. What kind of idiot would give an order to hold that kind of line when severely outnumbered and the protesters literally have no where else to go. 10 or so of those cops are in hospital now, and they only have themselves to blame.
drstrangelove

Postby Joe Hillshoist » Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:15 am

So what happened?

And where were youse? I used to live in Richmond. Jeeze I used to get up to alot of no good back then. Soime good too.

Anyway what happened?

On the video I saw there
Joe Hillshoist

Postby Joe Hillshoist » Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:17 am

... those cliffs; Is that near the river and the railway line?
Joe Hillshoist

Postby drstrangelove » Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:30 am

It's that gorge on the 109 tram line that leads from Richmond to kew I think. I was in Richmond earlier but got pepper sprayed and went home before this happened.

They must have had every cop in the state in Richmond at one point. Amazing scenes.

I'll give a better accounting tomorrow.
drstrangelove

Postby Laodicean » Sat Sep 18, 2021 3:47 pm

how did we get to a place where such outrages seem "normal"?
and how a populace can take back its just rights

https://boriquagato.substack.com/p/how- ... where-such

Good read.
Laodicean

Blog: View Blog (16)

Postby Belligerent Savant » Sat Sep 18, 2021 7:09 pm

^^^^^

Elsewhere within that same 'source':

gato goes to the FDA

Adding a soupçon of genuine “cat” to pfizer’s “catastrophic” outing at the FDA

A friend just passed this on (i had missed it and had no idea it was going on) but as can be seen here, gato-data made it into the debate about vaccine boosters at the FDA on friday.

this was presented by dr david wiseman (big win for nominative determinism there) to add a soupçon of genuine “cat” to pfizer’s “catastrophic” outing at the FDA.

the pfizerians showed up having not done their homework and wow had the folks in the comment session done theirs. this was a mauling.

it was like watching piranha eat a 2 legged cow that fell in a river. headfirst.

you can watch the whole presentation here. the wiseman/gato segment is 4:26:03.

i do not know dr wiseman, but i’d like to thank him for the time and effort he put in yesterday.

it’s folks like him that are making a difference.

thank you for standing tall and if you ever need or want data or thoughts on this, you know where to find me and i hope that you do.

because making the rubber meet the road is where we make a real difference. and this was that. and we need more.

so let’s stay after it.

pfizer did get a consolation prize yesterday despite their terrible, horrible, no good very bad day.

the panel snuck in an unplanned vote on an unplanned topic and voted in favor of boosters for those “over 65 or immunocompromised.”

i see no science to validate this choice and the jury remains out on whether this was a return of the idea of risk/benefit of just more craven political kowtowing.

with grueber and krause retiring in nov, you can expect that pfizer WILL be back. this is too good a grift to give up on once they get some more pliable folks in place at FDA.

let’s make damn sure that we get the real data out (wheresoever it may lead) before they do so. if these wind up being justified and look therapeutically useful, fine, but let’s prove it for real with real, open review instead of rubber stamp approvals after cloistered debate far from the public eye.

science first, then policy.

sunlight is the best disinfectant and we need to keep it shining here.

https://boriquagato.substack.com/p/gato ... a/comments
Belligerent Savant

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion