Coronavirus Crisis: Main Thread

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Coronavirus Crisis: Main Thread

Postby Belligerent Savant » Sat Jul 30, 2022 5:09 am

@JamesMelville
·
Replying to @tedtalksoph

During the pandemic, 129 billion masks that could not be biodegraded were used and thrown away every month. Over 3 billion masks now pollute the oceans. And yet, this is not discussed by so many environmentalists.

https://twitter.com/JamesMelville/statu ... gLzQISwISw
Belligerent Savant

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Belligerent Savant » Sat Jul 30, 2022 5:38 am

Belligerent Savant

Postby Belligerent Savant » Sat Jul 30, 2022 6:06 am

PLC
@Humble_Analysis

Surely, the states like VT, RI, or CT that are most bought-in on covid vaccination will have fewer deaths, overall, than the backwards anti-vax states of the South such as AL, MS, or Georgia.

Luckily, the CDC provides all-cause mortality graphs...

Here's Mississippi, with just 52% vaccinated, 21% boosted and less than 1% of young children vaccinated.

No excess mortality, at all, in four months. Must be an outlier, I guess...

Look at the most vaccinated stated in the country, Vermont: 82% fully vax'd, 52% boosted, 12% of young children vax'd.

Well, that's strange - they have high and persistent non-covid excess mortality. Weird.

Must be another outlier...

How about Alabama, the least vaccinated state overall?

Huh, they also have had no excess mortality in four months, just like Mississippi:

What is going on in Rhode Island? Our second most boosted state is seeing rapidly rising non-covid excess mortality. In fact, these are the highest weekly deaths, excluding covid, that Rhode Island has ever seen.

Is there a pattern emerging?

Check out Georgia, another southern anti-vax state, with just 1% of young children vaccinated, just 22% boosted and just 5% having received a second booster.

Just like MS and AL, there have been no excess deaths in many months (and recent weeks are extraordinarily low):

Connecticut, on the other hand, is displaying a pattern just like VT: persistent, high, maybe even rising excess mortality - but not from covid.

I think a real pattern is emerging...

Source for excess death graphs is the CDC:
https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covi ... deaths.htm

For some reason, the most vax'd states in the USA are experiencing high excess non-covid mortality while the least vax'd states are seeing below-normal deaths.

It can't just be a dry tinder effect because CT and RI have had high covid deaths... what could explain it?

2:19 AM · Jul 30, 2022

https://twitter.com/Humble_Analysis/sta ... srnBq5iLWw
Belligerent Savant

Postby Grizzly » Sat Jul 30, 2022 9:59 am

https://www.emilypostnews.com/p/twitter-permanently-suspended-dr
no surprise lioness Dr. Mary Talley Bowden refuses to shut up

“The more we do to you, the less you seem to believe we are doing it.”

― Joseph mengele
Grizzly

Postby Grizzly » Sat Jul 30, 2022 10:20 am

In light of the recent news of the Coronavirus and the search for an effective vaccine, here's a trip back to a similar situation with the Swine Flu as reported on the 11:00pm edition of Action News with Bill Bonds and John Kelly on WXYZ Channel 7 in Detroit, MI (not Chicago, but nonetheless of historical importance and significance).

Bill opens the broadcast with news of suspension of the nationwide Swine Flu vaccination program, after 12 people (all elderly) died within hours of receiving vaccines, apparently from heart attacks; Michigan state health director Maurice Reizen ordered a halt after 3 in his state died, and 10,000 Michiganders had received shots up to then; a clip of President Ford (being interviewed by an off-camera Barbara Walters) saying he and his family intend to get their shots; the CDC insists that none of the deaths were related to the vaccine.

― Joseph mengele
Grizzly

Postby Belligerent Savant » Sun Jul 31, 2022 1:46 pm

Illuminating clip, Grizz -- the Swine Flu vaccine rollout from the 70s was raised here before as a contrast to today's programming.

It's interesting to observe that, even back then, the President (Ford) and the CDC followed essentially the SAME SCRIPT as today (Ford attempting to dispel doubt by proclaiming that he and his family will proceed to get inoculated, regardless. "It's in the best interest of all our citizens.."; and of course both Ford and the CDC with statements indicating the deaths couldn't be explicitly tied to the shots. Plausible deniability, etc. SAME AS NOW).

The key difference, however, is that States ("Coast to Coast") back then HALTED the shots regardless of proclamations from the President or the CDC. The shots were HALTED after 12 deaths were reported shortly after inoculation. And all 12 deaths were in the ELDERLY.

Clearly, a sharp contrast to today.

There was far less centralization of messaging and influence back then.
Belligerent Savant

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Sun Jul 31, 2022 3:17 pm

How do you think the seasonal variation surge in Autumn/Winter will be handled? I think it will be mostly ignored / explained away until after midterms, them seized upon as an emergency. I have (even more) cynical friends who think it will be declared an emergency in September or October to maximize mail-in voting so DNC can pull a 2020 repeat despite their cratering numbers.

I have too much going on to be too concerned about it either way but I'm curious what longtime observers here think about our current intermission / hangtime and how much longer it will last.
Wombaticus Rex

Postby Belligerent Savant » Sun Jul 31, 2022 4:54 pm

It's a good question front of mind for me. I waver across a spectrum of pessimism and quasi-optimism when I consider likely messaging/outcomes this Fall.

On the one hand, it does appear that more of the 'laptop classes'/self-identified 'covid experts' are beginning to queitly-- if not publicly, or to their peers -- acknowledge that mandates/lockdowns were poor/wrong-headed policy, and (among those that were more fervently pro-lockdown, pro-segregation/discrimination of the non-compliant) appear to be downplaying, or hoping others will forget, some of their proclamations from ~2021 (alas, in some instances screenshots of such proclamations committed to electronic medium will prevent that).

It may be that trial balloons or sentiment analysis (etc.) involved in game-planning the months ahead will acknowledge/corroborate this and concede/scale-down their approach. But they may well decide to double-down, on the other hand.

There's plenty of "Black Box" unknowns well outside the purview of outsiders like us, so we can only speculate from afar, perhaps with a few occasional breadcrumbs gleaned/leaked from inner circles that may inform predictors.

I will share a link to a substack piece later, when near a laptop, that delves into some of these themes in more depth, as added consideration.

(As a personal aside, and I touched on this earlier, but my employer, a publicly -traded firm with thousands of domestic/international employees -- decided recently to double down on their mandate policy, at a time many others are loosening or no longer enforcing. They will no longer grant/renew exemptions, and all those unvaccinated by end of Sept will be terminated. This may well change before then -- though the 'exemptees' have been told it was unlikely -- and I continue to submit dispassionate messages every few weeks to Compliance/HR with studies, mainstream articles that enforce a shifting of sentiment, but so far, it appears they're unwilling to waver. I share this as an example of the arrogance/hubris/unwillingness to re-assess, which may well be a factor in the larger arena as well by those in positions to drive local/State/Federal policy, etc.-- i'm referring here to the bureaucrats & overly-ambitious footsoldiers, not so much the 'handlers'. Many of those maintaining these absurd policies refuse to consider, for an instant, that they may be wrong, let alone rubes to a larger con).

One thing, though: litigation (covid discrimination claims, class actions, etc) is picking up momentum. This may also impact planning depending on how they shake out in courts. Will add some corresponding data points later.
Belligerent Savant

Postby Harvey » Tue Aug 02, 2022 8:43 am

^ This is one of the main stories of the Covid experiment. It happened in a number of countries. I suspect the Liverpool Care Pathway was both a kite flying exercise and latterly, a template for how to do it structurally, systematically, then get away with it.
And while we spoke of many things, fools and kings
This he said to me
"The greatest thing
You'll ever learn
Is just to love
And be loved
In return"

Eden Ahbez
Harvey

Blog: View Blog (20)

Postby Grizzly » Wed Aug 03, 2022 12:43 am

― Joseph mengele
Grizzly

Postby Belligerent Savant » Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:30 am

Dr Miller - vax kids asap
@drajm
·
As my workmates groan back to work after #covid - some having had two rounds of #Omicron this year - they dont laugh at me any more - they ask where they can get a Halo mask like mine…

Workplaces that are not flexible to allow high level reusable PPE will keep losing staff.

@ApertaAria
Replying to @drajm

May you eventually seek the help and peace of mind you clearly need.
The air is not your enemy. Turn off the TV and social media feeds. Step outside without any contraptions on your face and take in the sun and air. It's what I do -- 'unvaxxed' -- and I'm healthier by doing it.

https://twitter.com/drajm/status/155468 ... zjYo1pIVmg
Belligerent Savant

Postby Grizzly » Wed Aug 03, 2022 5:25 pm

Leana Wen says vaccine mandates ‘cannot come soon enough’

― Joseph mengele
Grizzly

Postby stickdog99 » Wed Aug 03, 2022 7:57 pm