US Presidential Election 2020

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: US Presidential Election 2020

Postby Elvis » Sun Jul 11, 2021 9:19 pm

Linked in Taibbi's piece above is this Greenwald Intercept piece which kinda underscores the point...fwiw:

https://theintercept.com/2019/01/20/bey ... sia-story/

Beyond BuzzFeed: The 10 Worst, Most Embarrassing U.S. Media Failures on the Trump-Russia Story

The most challenging task is choosing the 10 worst embarrassments. The most notable aspect is that they all go toward promoting the same narrative.
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Belligerent Savant » Thu Jul 15, 2021 11:47 am

Spot-on. And yet the refrain of 'fascist coup' remains among those that should know better.

@bridgietherease

when I see "reichstag" trending from the people who want the fake fed "insurrection" to give them unlimited surveillance power & the ability to criminalize their political opposition as 'terrorists'

@nakashimae
· Jun 15
NEW: Biden’s domestic terrorism strategy details unprecedented focus on homegrown threats.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national ... story.html

@bridgietherease

second-stage mirror politics: actually do what you accused your opponents of wanting to do.

https://twitter.com/bridgietherease/sta ... 25760?s=20
Belligerent Savant

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Thu Jul 15, 2021 1:40 pm

Always a trifle disorienting to log into RI and see the twitter feed reproduced here.

Some breadcrumbs on the 2nd most interesting outcome of the January 6th Clusterfuck:

Capitol Police to use Army surveillance gear to monitor Americans and ‘identify emerging threats’

https://americanmilitarynews.com/2021/0 ... g-threats/

U.S. Capitol Police will start using Army surveillance equipment to monitor Americans as part of a larger effort to improve security and turn the force into “an intelligence-based protective agency” in the wake of the storming of the U.S. Capitol on January 6.

The actual tech in question is pretty basic PSS stuff, and it's honestly surprising it wasn't already implemented. Far more ominous:

Capitol Police to open field offices in California and Florida to help investigate threats against lawmakers

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/january-6- ... alifornia/

The U.S. Capitol Police announced this week that they plan to open regional field offices in California and Florida as part of an ongoing effort to better investigate threats against members of Congress.

Threats have surged in recent years against U.S. lawmakers, a group the Capitol Police are charged with protecting, and the Capitol Police Inspector General has repeatedly recommended the agency transform its posture to be more proactive.

A spokesperson for the Capitol Police said the field offices were part the department's ongoing efforts to operate more like a protective agency, such as the Secret Service, rather than a traditional, reactive police department.

The spokesperson said the first field offices will be located in the Tampa and San Francisco areas, and that more locations are planned in the future. "At this time, Florida and California are where the majority of our threats are originate from," the spokesperson said.

The department said it planned to work closely with the U.S. Attorney's offices in those locations to take a "regional approach" to investigating and prosecuting threats against members of Congress.

Capitol Police also obtained two "wellness support dogs," named Lila and Flipp, Pittman said.

They are secretive even by police standards:

Capitol Police, a department shrouded in secrecy
The police entity charged with protecting and securing Congress is not subject to FOIA requests

https://www.rollcall.com/2020/06/15/cap ... n-secrecy/

Democrats and Republicans in Congress have called for an overhaul of law enforcement practices following the police killing of George Floyd, but those same lawmakers who want accountability and transparency nationwide aren’t taking a stance on whether their own department, the Capitol Police, should be subject to the Freedom of Information Act. As a part of the legislative branch, the department remains exempt from the law.

As a follow-up question to the complaints disclosure, CQ Roll Call asked Malecki for the number of sworn officers employed by the Capitol Police. She didn’t answer that question and instead responded: “We have 2,300 officers and civilian employees.” This is a figure available on the public-facing website, but it doesn’t shed light on how many actual police officers are employed by Capitol Police.

There are approximately 2,000 sworn officers in the department, according to Papathanasiou. A former House Administration Committee aide told CQ Roll Call there are 1,900 sworn Capitol Police officers.

And a throwback from Valentine's hot mess "The CIA as Organized Crime"

p.84

A graduate of Yale University, Lieutenant Sid Towle was assigned to the 116th MIG in Washington, DC in June 1969. As chief of a counterintelligence team, he reviewed cases, including the investigation into Ed Murphy's antiwar activities.

Towle also conducted "offensive counterintelligence operations" that consisted of disrupting antiwar demonstrations by building bonfires and inciting people to riot, so the Capitol Police could be called in to bash heads and arrest demonstrators. During the period he was involved in military operations against American civilians, Towle was rated by his commander as "one of the most dedicated, professionally competent and outstanding junior offices I have had the privilege of serving with anywhere."
Wombaticus Rex

Postby mentalgongfu2 » Sun Jul 18, 2021 3:23 am

As above, so below.

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/college-republicans-poised-for-splinter-after-stolen-election/

College Republicans Poised for Splinter after ‘Stolen’ Election

The election is over, but the stakes are still quite high.

Courtney Britt, the candidate who incumbent College Republican National Committee Chairman Chandler Thornton hoped would succeed him, triumphed today over Judah Waxelbaum. Only about 60 percent of CRNC affiliates cast ballots, though: A consequence of the maneuvering detailed earlier this week by National Review.

In her acceptance speech, a less-than-a-minute address kept short as a courtesy to delegates who had already spent nearly seven hours on the call, Britt purported to be excited to work with “all” state federations.

She spent much of the day, however, voting not to allow numerous states — which had been sidelined over disputed credentialing issues — representation in the chairman’s race. It is widely believed that Waxelbaum would have had a sizable majority had all 52 eligible federations cast ballots. Just over 30 were actually allowed to.

Supporters of Waxelbaum forced the eligible states, as well as the CRNC board, to vote on every single previously disqualified affiliate. Each time, the result was the same, and no states were readmitted into the process.

In a brief statement afterward, Waxelbaum decried the limits on participation and urged federations that feel disenfranchised to “seek independence.”

Ryan Silverstein, president of the Sacred Heart College Republicans, lamented that “the CRNC refusing to seat Connecticut and 18 other states’ delegates is a slap in the face to the low level volunteers like me and my friends who spent our weekends for 7-8 weeks in the 2020 election cycle trying to keep America red.”
All Our Opinion in Your Inbox

NR Daily is delivered right to you every afternoon. No charge.

At one point, a debate broke out over Arkansas being stripped of its votes last Sunday under allegations of voter fraud in its state chairman election; the state’s actual party chairman has weighed in on the matter, assuring the CRNC that everything was on the up and up. Nevertheless, Britt — a graduate of Richmond Law School — argued that the state should remain disenfranchised since it hadn’t presented evidence that fraud had not occurred.

Ty Seymour, national treasurer on Thornton’s board, delivered perhaps the most memorable speech of the day: A searing indictment of national leadership that laid at their feet allegations of “flagrant constitutional violations,” “intimidation,” and bribes. Seymour also told the audience that members of the board had manufactured false charges of sexual assault to take down their political opponents.

“I genuinely pray to God that every CR in attendance will come to their senses and open their eyes to see the institutional decay that this organization is undergoing,” said an emotional Seymour.

“Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely and I want to thank Chandler Thornton, our national chairman and Courtney Britt, the candidate for national office for affirming that belief,” he finished.

Thornton’s address included a dismissal of Seymour’s claims, but did not go into specifics. “I will not elevate these false, defamatory claims,” he declared.

Now, the theater of battle shifts. Britt will take over in 72 hours, but her organization may be significantly smaller by then. Within minutes of her election, both the New York and Texas federations announced that they would be meeting to discuss secession. Brandon Kiser, chairman of the Texas federation, was adamant in a statement he provided to National Review:

“I don’t want to get into the details of this stolen election. My focus now is on TXFCR, our chapters, our members, and our future. Texas doesn’t tolerate corruption and fraud. We are going to vote on leaving the CRNC to ensure moral leadership of our organization, and a focus on winning in 2022.”

Asked if he planned on spearheading a new national organization, Kiser was noncommittal, offering that “our focus right now is solely on Texas. If and when the proper time comes to consider a next step, we’ll consider all our options.”

Augustus LeRoux, Kiser’s counterpart in New York, was equally sure that secession was around the corner, but seemed slightly more optimistic about starting up a direct competitor to the CRNC: “We are entertaining the idea of a new national organization, but I can’t give any more specifics than that.”

The developments suggest that Britt will have her work cut out in order to mend fences and prevent the organization she now leads from fracturing further.

Students from multiple other federations have also told National Review that they are considering leaving. One person connected with the Waxelbaum campaign implied that Florida and California are likely to withdraw from the CRNC. That would mean the organization would lack representation in the four largest states.
"When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media in order to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink!"
mentalgongfu2

Postby Grizzly » Mon Jul 19, 2021 9:35 pm

I don't watch the news much. Does Jen Psaki ever circle back? She often says she will, circle back. Does it happen?
“The more we do to you, the less you seem to believe we are doing it.”

― Joseph mengele
Grizzly

Postby JackRiddler » Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:32 am

Grizzly » Mon Jul 19, 2021 8:35 pm wrote:I don't watch the news much. Does Jen Psaki ever circle back? She often says she will, circle back. Does it happen?

lol
We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Postby Grizzly » Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:15 am

https://cdn.fro.wtf/reddit/publicfreakout/opurqy.mp4
“Sucking the blood out of kids”???
He was asked about defunded cops btw - which isn’t related to vampires and children
Dementia is one thing. What is this?

The Fuck?

When asked if there's people in the democrat party that want to defund the police, Joe Biden deflects and asks if there's republicans that think they're "sucking the blood out of kids."

Show me just one republican that have made that statement.

― Joseph mengele
Grizzly

Postby mentalgongfu2 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 1:25 pm

So you've apparently never heard of QAnon or Pizzagate?
"When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media in order to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink!"
mentalgongfu2

Postby norton ash » Sat Jul 24, 2021 1:28 am

Or James Carville unhinging his jaw and drooling on the Bill Maher show?
Zen horse
norton ash

relevant cross-post

Postby JackRiddler » Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:50 pm

JackRiddler » Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:26 pm wrote:
[...cutting part on comparison of Covidian age to NS German history, which came before the bit on 6 January...]

BS wrote:yet you continue to insist the events of a single day -- of minimal consequence, relatively-speaking -- is a blatant example of a 'fascist takeover'.

Certainly not. It was a blatant example of an attempted fascist takeover as ordered by the literal president of the country (that's the part you most reliably deny, every fucking time), and you've been engaging in apologetics for it ever since.

An event that lasted several hours. And made no significant impact

As with the Beer Hall Putsch, that remains to be seen. Weakness or brevity don't speak to intent or nature of an attempted act. (Also, it was actually the last theatrical finale in a rolling attempt to reverse the election result that had started before the election, and at that point had run for months.)

offering a broader invite towards increased domestic surveillance

Something I've never failed to note and decry myself, but still irrelevant to the question of what actually happened on 6 January. (The MIHOP part, anyway, as opposed to the LIHOP actions of the police.)

It remains incomprehensible to me, how Jan 6th can be labeled a fascist takeover attempt

Much better this time. Attempt. Very good. Make sure to remember that shit.

Also, if you're going to attribute it to me, I usually go with the 100% undeniable idea of a publicly announced presidential coup d'etat attempt, enacted by a fascist-recruited mob he personally invited to DC for this explicit purpose and then dispatched to the Capitol after ginning them up with a live televised speech.

How they were imagining & advertising it, before and during

(as if our system of govt was a pure beacon of democracy up to that point)

Well, what's the complaint about HItler then? Weimar was also nothing of the sort. So it's all okay.

[...then turning back to the Covidian ideology angle...]

but current wide-scale measures -- which have and will continue to cause devastation to lives/restriction of essential freedoms for millions, now and for years to come if left unchallenged -- requires a 'softer' messaging platform.

Only if you want to win, gent. Only if you want to understand the thing that is actually happening and possibly defeat it among the people who are actually experiencing it, rather than sabotaging any such effort by adopting a satisfying, maximal stance of alienation. If your preference instead is to have your full daily wank-off rant where everyone is a Nazi or 'complicit' except the actual Nazis, I suppose doing it here does the least damage.

What they want to pretend happened after it fell apart...

We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Postby Grizzly » Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:48 pm

https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1420058309642620938/pu/vid/640x360/YRb41ltdqpnlHck8.mp4?tag=12
Then Senator Biden describing how his legislation was going to imprison drug users, juxtaposed with video of Hunter smoking Crack.

https://twitter.com/bennyjohnson/status/1420195710750838792?s=20

― Joseph mengele
Grizzly

Postby Harvey » Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:54 pm

Grizzly » Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:48 pm wrote:https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1420058309642620938/pu/vid/640x360/YRb41ltdqpnlHck8.mp4?tag=12
Then Senator Biden describing how his legislation was going to imprison drug users, juxtaposed with video of Hunter smoking Crack.

Anyone think it's related to that Dark Winter/WWIII gaff? :wink I was wondering when Harris would be installed, I just imagined that the 'boss' wouldn't turn up one day, cue a solemn Vice President Harris, job done. Admittedly, this is messier than I expected...

Looks very much like Hunter Biden has no idea his lap top is recording him. :?:
Last edited by Harvey on Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
And while we spoke of many things, fools and kings
This he said to me
"The greatest thing
You'll ever learn
Is just to love
And be loved
In return"

Eden Ahbez
Harvey

Blog: View Blog (20)

Postby Elvis » Thu Jul 29, 2021 4:46 am

That is great, thanks—I downloaded it! :bigsmile

Grizzly » Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:48 pm wrote:https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1420058309642620938/pu/vid/640x360/YRb41ltdqpnlHck8.mp4?tag=12

“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Postby Grizzly » Thu Jul 29, 2021 5:52 am

― Joseph mengele
Grizzly

Postby Karmamatterz » Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:52 am

Also, if you're going to attribute it to me, I usually go with the 100% undeniable idea of a publicly announced presidential coup d'etat attempt, enacted by a fascist-recruited mob he personally invited to DC for this explicit purpose and then dispatched to the Capitol after ginning them up with a live televised speech.

It was theater, and the pathetic joke of congressional "hearings" are all theater as well.

When there is virtually no difference between the liberal fascist Democrats and conservative fascist Republicans why split so many hairs and worry? Maybe you think the conservatives smell bad or don't bark the way you like, but they are all of the same cloth. We're in this Matrix together Jack, whether you like it or not. Now let's build back better and ride that great reset pony into the sunset!
Karmamatterz

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion