Re: US Presidential Election 2020

Postby Grizzly » Sun Mar 08, 2020 2:19 am

“The more we do to you, the less you seem to believe we are doing it.”

― Joseph mengele
Grizzly

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby PufPuf93 » Sun Mar 08, 2020 5:20 am

Elvis » Sat Mar 07, 2020 6:59 pm wrote:Was just checking my spam folder... Mike Bloomberg campaign emails were sent straight to the trash.

:rofl2

I received more snail mail campaign literature from Bloomberg in his recent candidacy than I have from all candidates for POTUS from 2008 to present. This season I have received two from Sanders and none from any other candidate. In 2016 received zero from HRC and not a phone call from the Democratic party. Bizarre as I live in coastal California, Humboldt county, and in the part of the county where the population is over 50% Native American. Should be Democratic in voting and is but more Sanders than moderate Democrats (who do not apparently even try here). I find it hard to fathom that the boomer Native Americans who are living secure lives have far too many that support Trump.

My email and FB have been flooded by Bloomberg too. I think Bloomberg is an opportunistic turd who is much wealthier and personally powerful than the other candidates who also likely has far better executive skills but the Bloomberg economic entity should be broken up by the courts and he should not be in public office. If he helps in terminating Trump, I am with that.
PufPuf93

Postby Elvis » Sun Mar 08, 2020 5:51 am

Dallas County asks to recount Super Tuesday election results after 44 thumb drives discovered

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... K?ocid=st2
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Postby JackRiddler » Sun Mar 08, 2020 7:22 am

PufPuf93 » Sun Mar 08, 2020 4:20 am wrote:
Elvis » Sat Mar 07, 2020 6:59 pm wrote:Was just checking my spam folder... Mike Bloomberg campaign emails were sent straight to the trash.

:rofl2

I received more snail mail campaign literature from Bloomberg in his recent candidacy than I have from all candidates for POTUS from 2008 to present.

[...]

My email and FB have been flooded by Bloomberg too...

In New York, we're still receiving and disposing of the lit flood sent in the mayoral election of 2009.

He had his function, and has bought his way in as a principal in the party venture.

The establishment history will want to suggest he split the "moderate" vote for the most crucial round, but in reality he sucked the air out of the continent for two months. At a time when Sanders would have had the most money, earned from small donors, Bloomberg was there to outspend all other campaigns combined by a ratio of 5 to 10 to 1, and specifically to suck all hope out of the world that politics can ever change. This too may be overcome but what a goddamn shitshow it's been.

We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Postby Elvis » Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:34 am

Return to Normal is a thing.

"Confidants" to Joe Biden tell "Axios on HBO" that JP Morgan Chase CEO Jamie Dimon is being considered to head the Treasury

https://www.axios.com/joe-biden-cabinet ... cda57.html
Joe Biden confidants are privately discussing potential leaders and Cabinet members for his White House, including the need to name a woman or African American — perhaps both — as vice president, top sources tell "Axios on HBO."

Why it matters: Biden advisers describe a Return to Normal plan — a reversal of President Trump's unorthodox, improvisational style. Biden wants known, trusted people around him — many from the Obama years.

Several high-profile possibilities:

John Kerry would love to take a new Cabinet position devoted to climate change, or might even accept a curtain call to return as secretary of state.

Susan Rice, formerly President Obama's national security adviser, is another option for State.

Mike Bloomberg, who swiftly endorsed Biden after the former mayor's campaign collapsed, would be a top possibility to head the World Bank.

Sally Yates, the deputy attorney general under Obama who stood up to Trump and was fired, would be a leading contender for attorney general.

Sen. Elizabeth Warren as Treasury secretary could help unite the party.

Jamie Dimon — chairman and CEO of JPMorgan Chase, and mentioned over the years as a potential presidential candidate — would also be considered for Treasury.

Anne Finucane, vice chairman of Bank of America, is another possibility for Treasury.

Biden advisers expect Pete Buttigieg to get a prominent slot after his swift endorsement of Biden — perhaps as ambassador to the UN, or as U.S. trade representative.

Both would help credential Buttigieg for a future national campaign.

Behind the curtain: Campaign officials say the name game isn't where Biden's head is — he knows he has major primary and general-election fights ahead.

MORE
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Postby Harvey » Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:59 pm

And while we spoke of many things, fools and kings
This he said to me
"The greatest thing
You'll ever learn
Is just to love
And be loved
In return"

Eden Ahbez
Harvey

Blog: View Blog (20)

Postby JackRiddler » Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:04 pm

I had not expected it before the last couple of weeks, but Trump just fucked himself up royally, gratuitously, with his self-inflicted, nonsensical corona virus swagger. All he had to do was say, wow this is serious, we'll put our top scientists on it, done. He runs his mouth. Still depends, always depends. But months for now he will almost certainly be blamed for all US deaths in this contagion, whether it's hundreds or thousands, and for the related crash and germ panic (fairly or not), and be headed for a big loss in November. Jesus H, demented Biden can win this, a literal corpse could win it.
We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

JackRiddler

Postby mentalgongfu2 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:32 am

I see no one who supports or has supported Trump turning on him over corona virus fallout. What do you see?
"When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media in order to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink!"
mentalgongfu2

Postby Iamwhomiam » Tue Mar 10, 2020 1:35 am

Everyone close to trump is praising him. Only his most ignorant followers will not see through his ineptitude in handling these crises. (Crises, because of the complexity and various impacts of COVID -19) Of those ignorant followers, FOX news is there to assuage all their fears and laud praise upon their leader.

Makes me sick.
Iamwhomiam

Postby JackRiddler » Tue Mar 10, 2020 1:58 am

mentalgongfu2 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:32 pm wrote:I see no one who supports or has supported Trump turning on him over corona virus fallout. What do you see?

I see the start of a new depression, starting with a crash triggered by corona (though it was coming regardless). I see a graph of corona cases in the US, currently at a few hundred, that will rise into the millions. Hundreds or thousands of deaths will be blamed on Trump, with a proportional share of deaths falling among the MAGAs. Whatever debate there may be about the degree to which his making light of the situation will make him responsible for this, there will be no denying he made these incredibly ill-advised statements. He will look like shit to everyone. He'll keep his fan base, but they are a minority. He will lose every other group.

Please add all the caveats and uncertainties.

JackRiddler

Postby Laodicean » Wed Mar 11, 2020 3:43 am

Laodicean

Blog: View Blog (16)

Postby Harvey » Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:34 am

A detailed breakdown of the exit poll discrepancies by Lee Camp.

And while we spoke of many things, fools and kings
This he said to me
"The greatest thing
You'll ever learn
Is just to love
And be loved
In return"

Eden Ahbez
Harvey

Blog: View Blog (20)

Postby Grizzly » Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:57 am

Riot/Meteor 2020

Now that's Change I Can Believe In™!

“The more we do to you, the less you seem to believe we are doing it.”

― Joseph mengele
Grizzly

Postby cptmarginal » Wed Mar 11, 2020 12:45 pm

The scale of cheating and level of subterfuge are both so gigantic (and horrendous) that I literally had to start writing it all down just to keep track of how it has gone down. I start my list of malfeasance with the Iowa debacle, which was apparently the end of the previous phase. Mil-intel Pete was important up to that point; the ex-VP's backers were getting their ducks in a row all throughout the process.

Majorly disappointed that freshly-minted "CNN contributor" Andrew Yang was bought out. I really thought that he had above-average integrity. Acting like his perfectly-timed endorsement is just common sense "following the math" should ring alarm bells.
The new way of thinking is precisely delineated by what it is not.
cptmarginal

Postby cptmarginal » Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:19 pm

The attitude of the corporate media right now is absolutely atrocious, to the point of being nauseating. Pretending to be neutral in their "reporting" while barely concealing their glee.

cptmarginal

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion