*** Trust the supermarket workers. They know. ***

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: *** Trust the supermarket workers. They know. ***

Postby JackRiddler » Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:03 pm

[prior message here sent to MacC as PM.]

News items about the social impact of coronavirus measures by states, authorities, rulers and corporations, and resulting fight-back from below, are welcome to be posted on this or other relevant thread. Of course. Please use the threads that exist and avoid/minimize proliferation. (Proliferation spreads stories around among short-lived threads, disrupts them as archives of unfolding events, creates a generally confusing board, and encourages pointless flooding and flood/flame wars.)

We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Iamwhomiam » Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:12 pm

Mac, no one is keeping track of dying supermarket clerks and cashiers specifically, or members of any other specific professions.
Iamwhomiam

Postby JackRiddler » Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:42 pm

(via an eminently trustworthy labor organizer known to me personally and involved in this matter peripherally)

Amazonians United wrote:DCH1 Amazonians United

The first known case of coronavirus at DCH1 was confirmed on Friday night, and the response from management has been absolutely unacceptable and downright dangerous.

First, they quietly slinked around the warehouse to talk to individual workers and told us not to tell our coworkers about it. When we found out, we immediately informed all of our coworkers whose health & lives could be at risk.

Management continued by gaslighting workers voicing our concerns, claiming that we have nothing to worry about, and that they themselves were still in the warehouse and have families of their own. Sure, but they get health insurance and can afford to take themselves to see a doctor if needed- we don't & we can't.

And they only informed workers on that shift about the coronavirus case AFTER we had already moved most of the volume for the night. Not only that, they only informed other workers by robocall later the next day after 3 more shifts of workers went into the warehouse.

DCH1 Amazonians United came together on an emergency call and developed our petition & demands:

1. Shut down the warehouse immediately, with pay, for thorough disinfection of the entire facility.

2. Implement ongoing safety measures and stock necessary cleaning supplies.

3. Cover all medical bills for associates that contract coronavirus, as well as our family members who get infected from our exposure to the virus at Amazon.

4. Suspend processing all non-essential items through DCH1.

5. Suspend all rate-based write-ups, and reduce rate so that the work can be done safely while social distancing.

6. Pay all associates in government-mandated or medically-mandated self-quarantine.

7. Communicate transparently for all coronavirus-related issues at DCH1 and inform ALL DCH1 associates of related issues AS SOON AS THE INFORMATION IS KNOWN.

We will gather signatures from all of our coworkers, deliver our petition this week, and take further action if management continues failing to protect us all from infection at our warehouse.

If coronavirus has hit your warehouse and management is not valuing your lives either, start your own petition and take action too! Let us know how it goes and let us know if you have any questions or suggestions!
We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Postby Iamwhomiam » Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:55 pm

So very fucked up. criminal. The union should out every supervisor who advised workers to keep quiet and walk out on strike. Reasonable demands, considering.
Iamwhomiam

Postby identity » Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:08 pm

Just came across this. So, there's now at least one supermarket worker who has died with COVERT-911

Coronavirus: Oshawa, Ont., grocery store employee diagnosed with COVID-19 dies in hospital

A man in his 40s who worked at an Oshawa Real Canadian Superstore location has died after becoming ill with coronavirus.
Dr. Barbara Yaffe, Ontario’s associate medical officer of health, confirmed the news during an update at Queen’s Park on Thursday.

The employee’s diagnosis was first announced by Galen Weston, the executive chairman of Loblaw Companies Limited, on Monday.
He worked at the Gibb Street location near Stevenson Road South and Highway 401. Weston said the company was taking several steps in response to the news. He said the business is working with public health officials as they investigate to determine the employee’s recent contacts, adding any fellow employees who need to self-isolate will be paid in full.

https://globalnews.ca/news/6739483/coronavirus-real-canadian-superstore-oshawa-employee-dies/
identity

Postby MacCruiskeen » Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:22 pm

"with"
"Ich kann gar nicht so viel fressen, wie ich kotzen möchte." - Max Liebermann,, Berlin, 1933

"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts." - Richard Feynman, NYC, 1966

TESTDEMIC ➝ "CASE"DEMIC
MacCruiskeen

Postby Iamwhomiam » Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:27 pm

Well, it's nice that they mentioned their occupation, but really, who's to say how many already dead were grocery store workers?

I mentioned early in the thread we'll never know anything close to a true accounting of how many actually died from covid-19 or from another cause and wrongly attributed to covid-19. And there will be thousands of more deaths to come, most unfortunately.
Iamwhomiam

Postby MacCruiskeen » Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:33 pm

Reason I always loved Rigorous Intuition is how it always encouraged us never to question anything the mass media tell us, because after all, anything we don't know can't hurt us and besides it's safer never to risk thinking, and of course the media would never lie to us or serve powerful and shadowy interests.

Is language a virus? I think we should be told, firmly, by the authorities. Because science.
"Ich kann gar nicht so viel fressen, wie ich kotzen möchte." - Max Liebermann,, Berlin, 1933

"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts." - Richard Feynman, NYC, 1966

TESTDEMIC ➝ "CASE"DEMIC
MacCruiskeen

Postby MacCruiskeen » Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:40 pm

I'm so glad the CIA have never been known to poison the poor. Otherwise I might not trust them during these trying times that will surely test our national, I mean international unity to the limit.

TESTDEMIC ➝ "CASE"DEMIC
MacCruiskeen

Postby mentalgongfu2 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:28 am

Mac, you make a better appearance when you actually have something new and/or interesting to say.
"When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media in order to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink!"
mentalgongfu2

Postby undead » Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:33 am

I don't know wtf this thread is supposed to be about because I don't have time to read all 5 pages. But I was just working in a health food store when this shit happened so I guess this thread is for me to say something (I'm not "super", though, just small health market). It was about 2 days before the president got extra stupid and started blatantly contradicting the CDC in the same press conference. One of the managers of the store chain told us that in 3 or 4 weeks the shortages would hit the manufacturing side and we had to prepare for the impending rush. 3 days later the store did the most business in a single day than it had in the 3 years of operation. I quit after 2 days of rush before the virus got to my county (officially). My friend who kept working at the store got it and is now off work for 2 weeks with symptoms. My sister was working part time at a nursing home for school an also got it. They are both fine after having it for 1.5 weeks or so.

I moved into a trailer on a vegetable farm where I am going to live and work. It is a community supported agriculture farm that had home delivery set up before this shit happened. Community supported agriculture should be mandatory. Supermarkets are a menace to society, they have always been a scam since the invention of the refrigerator changed the marketing of food. The business is basically just collecting rent on shelf space from vendors. You know when supermarket shelves get cleaned? NEVER. Not ever. Only when there is a catastrophic crash and all the shelves get emptied. Moving all the products to clean the shelves and then putting them back would never work economically, not cleaning shelves is built into the business plan.

Fuck supermarkets, they are garbage. Now they are trying to stab you with a needle right in front of everyone who's trying to go about their business shopping... WTF, these people are psychos. That shit is going to kill more people than the virus, you wait and see.

I do not want to get that shot

it will only make my body rot

every year there's something new

selling you that shot of flu

they will shoot you here

and shoot you there

they will shoot you anywhere

they will shoot you in a Target

or even at the supermarket

they do not want to give you hugs (because you might have the flu)

they want to stab your arm with drugs

needles stabbing arms you see

in lots of segments on TV

in newspapers and magazines

and every different kind of screen
┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐
undead

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Elvis » Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:01 am

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/grocery-st ... lp-people/

27-year-old grocery store clerk kept working because she wanted to help people. Then she died from coronavirus.
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Postby 0_0 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 3:32 am

27-year-old grocery store clerk, with cerebral palsy. Adults with cerebral palsy are more likely to die from respiratory conditions at any time. A tragic story, but let's be careful what if any conclusions to draw from it about the dangers of coronavirus.
playmobil of the gods
0_0

Postby Joe Hillshoist » Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:10 am

It was obviously dangerous enough to kill her.
Joe Hillshoist

Postby Belligerent Savant » Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:49 am

Those F'ing ventilators don't help, either.
Belligerent Savant

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion