Welcome to Rigorous Intuition v.2020! (admin issues thread)

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Welcome to Rigorous Intuition v.2020! (admin issues thre

Postby JackRiddler » Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:58 am

Joe Hillshoist » Fri Oct 30, 2020 1:23 am wrote:Okay... I have been dropping and reading without necessarily posting for a while and I'm just wondering why I haven't seen much of Jack Riddler around the place?

I worry about you people, even tho I don't know you in RL I've known some of you for fifteen years via Jeffs blogs and boards.

Jack I hope you are good and the 'rona hasn't got to you.

Thank you. Likewise. I'm fine and answered here.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=41609&p=691098#p691098
We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby liminalOyster » Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:19 am

Screen Shot 2021-04-07 at 2.15.36 AM.png

I'm not here much so maybe it's already been discussed but are others aware of the fact the board has been all but disappeared from google? I was trying to find an old thread with a great piece on the occulto-orientalist roots of Jordan Peterson and got nothing so tried Epstein. This is all that came up in the first two pages of results.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"It's not rocket surgery." - Elvis
liminalOyster

Postby Harvey » Mon Feb 21, 2022 9:16 pm

Jack, is there any chance we can allow for embedding of alternative video hosts as Youtube becomes steadily more unavailable for any relevant content. Odysee in particular and perhaps Bitchute.
And while we spoke of many things, fools and kings
This he said to me
"The greatest thing
You'll ever learn
Is just to love
And be loved
In return"

Eden Ahbez
Harvey

Blog: View Blog (20)

Postby JackRiddler » Mon Feb 21, 2022 11:08 pm

Harvey » Mon Feb 21, 2022 8:16 pm wrote:Jack, is there any chance we can allow for embedding of alternative video hosts as Youtube becomes steadily more unavailable for any relevant content. Odysee in particular and perhaps Bitchute.

You may not realize it, but you're asking for the phpbb software update that we've all been wanting to do (we, since long before I was in charge). The option of the software automatically embedding video from a great many sites just by adding the link exists now, and I've seen it in newer versions.

Except... we're all afraid of the update. This thing has been running on chickenwire for years, miraculously, and we don't know what will happen.

That's what the recent backup by alloneword is about: preparing for making that leap. (THanks, alloneword!)

But right now I don't have the days (no really: days) to do the rest of the job. And I won't for weeks yet, at best.

In fact, I haven't even had a chance to test the new backup, and won't for a while. It's semester time.

Mind if you try the backup? It's here:

Re: Rigorous Intuition Discussion Board Archive viewtopic.php?f=33&t=40198&p=701783#p701783

We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

JackRiddler

Postby MacCruiskeen » Wed Jun 08, 2022 4:58 pm

MacCruiskeen » Wed Jun 08, 2022 3:51 pm wrote:Nine days ago, on the Sunday before last, at 10:31 pm, I was suspended abruptly for seven days. No warning was given, no reason was given, and the moderator responsible never identified himself.

Who issued that suspension? Why, exactly? What heinous offence did I commit? Please quote the offending post and explain why it was so intolerable.

I have several other questions, but I don't know if I'll ever be allowed to ask them. I could as easily be disappeared instantly again, for lèse-majesté, or (again) for no stated reason at all.

Nor do I know who else has been silently removed. How could I? How could anyone? (Alloneword has vanished, for instance.)

Anyway, if I suddenly go entirely silent here again, I just want the dwindling handful of other posters still left at Rigorous Intuition to know that it will not have been my decision. (Nor, of course, will it have been Jeff's or Dr Volin's. It may very well have been the decision of someone who's still not even listed as a moderator.)
"Ich kann gar nicht so viel fressen, wie ich kotzen möchte." - Max Liebermann,, Berlin, 1933

"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts." - Richard Feynman, NYC, 1966

TESTDEMIC ➝ "CASE"DEMIC
MacCruiskeen

Postby MacCruiskeen » Thu Jun 09, 2022 4:48 pm

Cross-posting from a thread in GD that will soon slip off the front page or be permamently disappeared:

Belligerent Savant » Wed Jun 08, 2022 5:51 pm wrote:At a minimum, the reason for the suspension should be clearly articulated to you and the board. I haven't checked activity during the timeframe on or around the suspension 'start date', but it'd be a shitty development if suspensions are now handed out without explanation or warning prior to pulling the trigger.

Won't speculate further until clarity is provided.

Elvis » Thu Jun 09, 2022 3:16 pm wrote:Personal attacks are not permitted.

MacCruiskeen » Thu Jun 09, 2022 3:42 pm wrote:So it was you, was it?

Identify that alleged "personal attack". Quote the offending post, in full.

I'm calling your bluff. People can read.

In the unlikely event that any honest discussion will allowed to take place, it should take place here, for the record.
"Ich kann gar nicht so viel fressen, wie ich kotzen möchte." - Max Liebermann,, Berlin, 1933

"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts." - Richard Feynman, NYC, 1966

TESTDEMIC ➝ "CASE"DEMIC
MacCruiskeen

Postby MacCruiskeen » Thu Jun 09, 2022 5:05 pm

Double Bind (noun) : A psychological predicament in which a person receives from a single source conflicting messages that allow no appropriate response to be made.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/diction ... ble%20bind

kafkatrap (noun): A sophistical rhetorical device in which any denial by an accused person serves as evidence of guilt.

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Kafkatrap

TESTDEMIC ➝ "CASE"DEMIC
MacCruiskeen

Postby Grizzly » Sun Jun 12, 2022 9:06 am

Test
“The more we do to you, the less you seem to believe we are doing it.”

― Joseph mengele
Grizzly

Postby Iamwhomiam » Sun Jun 12, 2022 7:23 pm

Inquiring minds want to know:

Leugnung oder verneinung? :shrug:

wisenheimer (noun): A person who behaves in an irritatingly smug or arrogant fashion, typically by making clever remarks and displaying their knowledge.

https://www.lexico.com/en/definition/wisenheimer

Denial (noun): The act of declaring something to be untrue.

https://tinyurl.com/ywj9xcxd

Negation (noun): 1. The contradiction or denial of something.
2. The absence or opposite of something actual or positive.

https://tinyurl.com/mrk36anm

Denial or abnegation is a psychological defense mechanism postulated by psychoanalyst Sigmund Freud, in which a person is faced with a fact that is too uncomfortable to accept and rejects it instead, insisting that it is not true despite what may be overwhelming evidence.

Griz, how about deleting your test post, like any polite person would?
Iamwhomiam

Postby Grizzly » Mon Jun 13, 2022 8:47 am

Well, Elvis? JR? In my prediction Elvis will say 'fuck this shit', and then JR will pick someone he already wants. To further complete his consolidation. Then the CSIS, take over will be complete. As they have already warned Jeff away. Of course I could be wrong, but am I?
----

Eat shit Iam...
“The more we do to you, the less you seem to believe we are doing it.”

― Joseph mengele
Grizzly

Postby Iamwhomiam » Mon Jun 13, 2022 12:41 pm

Now that is a personal attack by Grizzly!

Ask someone to do a polite thing in order to eliminate an unnecessary posting cluttering the board with no comment by posted by someone who doesn't understand what the Preview button is for, and to receive dietary advice instead, well, it's disappointing.
Iamwhomiam

Postby Elvis » Wed Jun 15, 2022 5:39 pm

Enjoy a nice 2-week vacation.
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

6/24: THIS POST EDITED FOR CLARITY

Postby JackRiddler » Thu Jun 23, 2022 4:48 pm

Grizzly » Mon Jun 13, 2022 7:47 am wrote:

Well, Elvis? JR? In my prediction Elvis will say 'fuck this shit', and then JR will pick someone he already wants. To further complete his consolidation. Then the CSIS, take over will be complete. As they have already warned Jeff away. Of course I could be wrong, but am I?
----

Eat shit Iam...

The last bit is an obvious personal attack but the bolded part is really unacceptable. Pure POOMA, fantasyland, no-evidence, paranoid bullshit. Also pretty incoherent, at least in syntax. (Who's "taking over", who's warning Jeff away, me and/or Elvis or CSIS? Are we CSIS? Guess I should be pleased if I'm being accused of working for a whole new security agency.)

This is in violation of one of the oldest board rules, which is that we don't run around accusing board members of being agents (unless you've got the goods).

I mean, if you believe that crap, Grizzly, why not take it to another board from which you can expose RI through your form of flawless logic? Hell, why don't I just use the equivalent level of reasoning, call you an agent on no basis, and make it really easy for me to deal with your shit?

MacC of course has been doing this the whole time since he's been back, exactly like before he was banned for it (and for constant, extreme personal abuse) back in 2020. I thought it would be different after the return, basically that he could post his interesting stuff and stay off the permanent personal abuse bullhorn. But everyone's an agent for disagreeing with him or, basically, remotely believing any part of the Covid story, since that's only possible as an agent. Every nurse is in on it, etc. etc.

And MacC's the victim whenever people answer in kind or merely disagree with him. Sometimes when they don't. After many instances, he gets suspended for a day, and after that tells us this just like Kafka's The Trial. Which it is, absolutely identical, with the major differences that a) if it were a book it would be incredibly boring and inconsequential and b) actually nothing like The Trial, in any way.

This schtick about how the board is oppressing and censoring you in totally mystifying ways because your 99th extended and often highly elaborate "fuck-all-of-you-whores" post got you a suspension is tedious, as is the suggestion that everyone started every fight but you.

Honestly, I don't see why we should be taking this shit any more. Definitely not from MacC.

Some of you seem to think we're the State under a social contract or constitution, and owe you all the attention and all the service all the time, and should spend our hours litigating your imagined slights?

We're just fucking patsy board moderators and having to deal with such obvious abuse is not worth our time.

That's right, Grizzly, someone here is, in effect, saying "fuck this shit."

As for you, Grizzly, every time you push the wrong button or can't get a function straight, or the Internet has a fart of some kind, your first move has been to accuse the board of sinister manipulations to silence you. You, you, you! As if we need to protect the world from your edgy meme catalogue!

For starters, if you're still thinking of sticking around here, and if Elvis is thinking of letting you do so, you need to understand that your basically random insinuations about how members are working for this or that are both poisonous and stupid, and totally verboten henceforth, especially on further offense. I'm basically for closing your account now already, but Elvis made the call in this case, so it remains his to decide if he wants to keep the current suspension at 2 weeks.

If he does, and if you want to come back in, I'm telling you that random unsourced unbased slanderous accusations about board members, including the moderators, will not be allowed any more. Zero tolerance.

JackRiddler

What Jack said.

Postby Elvis » Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:14 pm

In these trying times, let's do a little RI "reset" of our own and make an effort to treat everyone with respect. We owe it to ourselves. :thumbsup
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Re: What Jack said.

Postby MacCruiskeen » Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:44 pm

Elvis » Sun Jun 26, 2022 6:14 pm wrote:In these trying times, let's do a little RI "reset" of our own and make an effort to treat everyone with respect. We owe it to ourselves. :thumbsup

Elvis, how much respect did JackRiddler's unprovoked personal attack show to me? How much respect did it show for the truth?

You know the answers. So does everyone else who can read.

I will reply to it tomorrow, if I can bear to, finally.

TESTDEMIC ➝ "CASE"DEMIC
MacCruiskeen

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion