Welcome to Rigorous Intuition v.2020! (admin issues thread)

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Welcome to Rigorous Intuition v.2020! (admin issues thre

Postby PufPuf93 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:14 pm

Hello Cordelia

Thank you.

Where is Mac?

Hugh Manatee too.

:lovehearts:
PufPuf93

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby JackRiddler » Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:04 am

MacC who remains dear to me and others is welcome to come back if he's willing to stop bludgeoning people in mean personal terms as a first resort and then litigating it as if he's only ever the victim, and stop proceeding from the immediate assumption that views and claims contrary to his own establish the status of the poster as a fake, agent, sockpuppet, etc. (Not that his targets aren't often idiots or assholes -- generally legal categories around here -- but these are all distinct if overlapping species.)

HMW was banned like I don't know any more how many years ago under Jeff after years of complaint about non-stop flooding of often every thread on the board with the same thing over and over, and we are not overturning that even if there was any evidence this author is around any more.

Just deal, please. There ain't going to be no general "amnesty" (oh ffs) for every single sockpuppet account, board disruptor, troll, stalker, drunk, Naziland infiltrator or racist ass who has been stopped from posting here by various mods/admins over the past 10 years. This is a small specialty message board on a big Internet, so you probably have better things to do, here and elsewhere, than to cosplay RI as a crusade for justice against a moderator tyranny that threatens the universe. Such threats actually exist to fight, out there, pretty much everywhere else other than a place where a couple of dozen people hang out and talk about the nature of consciousness and UFOs and compile giant 10-year issue archives and post a lot of great stuff. Have fun on this board as it is, or don't. Thanks.

We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Postby Cordelia » Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:07 am

^^^
Thanks Jack for setting us--me, anyway--straight! :oops:

But I’ll bet PufPuf knows HMW was banned years ago and wasn’t hoping for you to overturn Jeff’s ruling. (I was going to reply to PufPuf about Hugh, in a sentimental, nostalgic kind of way--as I took his meaning--something like “Yeah, I too wonder where Hugh is now, I always kinda liked his unique take on things.." but now I think I won’t.)

And, I read posters wishes for a ‘general amnesty’ to apply to the the long-term members you’ve axed during your tenure only; not (oh ffs)...

...for every single sockpuppet account, board disruptor, troll, stalker, drunk, Naziland infiltrator or racist ass who has been stopped from posting here by various mods/admins over the past 10 years.

Because it's certainly hard enough now wading through the daily postings!

This is a small specialty message board...

This is a small specialty message board ...

This is a small specialty message board...
The greatest sin is to be unconscious. ~ Carl Jung

We may not choose the parameters of our destiny. But we give it its content. ~ Dag Hammarskjold 'Waymarks'
Cordelia

Postby Elvis » Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:08 pm

Cordelia, to JackRiddler wrote: I read posters wishes for a ‘general amnesty’ to apply to the the long-term members you’ve axed during your tenure only

It's just not gonna work to bring back 4B. That should be plain to all.

Jerky gave this board the royal FU flame before disappearing for six months on his own accord. To make it mutual, he was then invited to never come back. Peartreed was included in that divestiture.

Brekin's case seems negotiable, but as with Jerky, repeatedly answering their consistent endorsements of status quo power structures is fatiguing. When they double down, it uses up a lot of everyone's "social credit" on a board devoted to challenging those structures.

Minime pushed his luck pressing a point; I'm open to his re-admission, but it's Jack's call. (I remain curious as to what it is, if anything, that the somewhat obtuse Minime was trying to tell us.)

Everybody wants Mac back here, except for, apparently, Mac.
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Postby smiths » Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:25 am

Being open to all positions including holocaust denial is fucking absurd,
you'd think in the current climate people would recognise that there should be limits to free speech,

libertarianism is a fantasy for 13 year old boys, communal living brings responsibilities - like it or not,
there are no forests left to disappear into or islands to set up your own utopia on - suck it up

words are weapons, speech has consequences and therefore responsibilities

i've got no time for racism, for defenders of racism, or sophist who hide or give cover to racists,
as Aamer Rahman said about debating Nazis in the 'marketplace of ideas',
"I dont really know where that is. I would like to defeat Nazis on planet Earth first, and then after we eradicate Nazis here, you can debate them in the marketplace of ideas, fucking Narnia, Mordor ... whatever imaginary realm it is you think Nazis can be constructively debated."

And the flooding of threads by thiose already identified screwed up the board

to have an intelligent discussion with more light than heat you need good will, good sense, and good logic - if posters dont offer those qualities ban them, or they are shitting on the commons
the question is why, who, why, what, why, when, why and why again?
smiths

Postby liminalOyster » Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:36 pm

If Mac reads this, I just want to put on record that his periodic acerbic sortie aside, I value his intelligence and insights tremendously and hope he decides to return.
"It's not rocket surgery." - Elvis
liminalOyster

Postby Grizzly » Thu Aug 13, 2020 3:21 am

^^^
If Mac reads this, I just want to put on record that his periodic acerbic sortie aside, I value his intelligence and insights tremendously and hope he decides to return.

Ditto! :thumbsup
“The more we do to you, the less you seem to believe we are doing it.”

― Joseph mengele
Grizzly

Postby Iamwhomiam » Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:23 pm

Elvis » Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:08 pm wrote:
Cordelia, to JackRiddler wrote: I read posters wishes for a ‘general amnesty’ to apply to the the long-term members you’ve axed during your tenure only

It's just not gonna work to bring back 4B. That should be plain to all.

Jerky gave this board the royal FU flame before disappearing for six months on his own accord. To make it mutual, he was then invited to never come back. Peartreed was included in that divestiture.

Brekin's case seems negotiable, but as with Jerky, repeatedly answering their consistent endorsements of status quo power structures is fatiguing. When they double down, it uses up a lot of everyone's "social credit" on a board devoted to challenging those structures.

Minime pushed his luck pressing a point; I'm open to his re-admission, but it's Jack's call. (I remain curious as to what it is, if anything, that the somewhat obtuse Minime was trying to tell us.)

Everybody wants Mac back here, except for, apparently, Mac.

I wasn't aware Brekin and minime had been banned. Regarding 4B, i asked for him not to be banned. It's not my board. Regarding Jerky and peartreed's banning, I'm still opposed and would like to see them reinstated. Have our moderators forgotten week long or month long suspensions are still effective tools to immediately silence? Putting their suspensions into a proper perspective, both were passionately defending slad, who's news feed kept this place and our discussions going after Jeff departed. They gave back what they were receiving, and this should be understood. I know I'm in the minority on this issue and don't seek a reply, only their reinstatement.

If Brekin was posting antisemitic BS, he should have been banned. I always imagined peartreed and PufPuf would have become fast friends had this 'slad issue' not erupted and wish it had been better handled ages ago.

Seemslikeadream, I pray for your wellbeing and miss you.

[Edited by moderator to fix quote function]
Iamwhomiam

Board is Back Online, Aug 27

Postby JackRiddler » Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:47 pm

BOARD IS BACK ONLINE!

Problem involving host solved.

Phew!
We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Postby Iamwhomiam » Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:50 pm

Thanks, Jack. Glad it was an easy fix.
Iamwhomiam

Re: Board is Back Online, Aug 27

Postby BenDhyan » Thu Aug 27, 2020 7:29 pm

JackRiddler » Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:47 am wrote:BOARD IS BACK ONLINE!

Problem involving host solved.

Phew!

Yes phew, perhaps Jack you could unlock the old "Last one to post in this thread wins" thread, and if it goes down for good, there will be a real winner. :D

http://www.rigorousintuition.ca/board2/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=21559&hilit=last+to+post+wins.
Ben D
BenDhyan

Postby Elvis » Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:34 pm

I'm sorry to report that chump is banned.

We've been very patient and too accomodating with chump's antisemitic sources. Notorious Holocaust denier Michael Hoffman is the last straw. We're not having it here.

This is an anti-fascist board. Propagation of fascist, neo-Nazi and "white pride" causes, including sympathetically linking to sites which advocate such, will not be permitted. This includes revisionist histories of the Holocaust.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8705
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Postby lucky » Thu Sep 03, 2020 5:56 am

I don't take notice of squabbles on here and tend to skip through 1 on 1 arguments but was surprised to see how ma ny people had been banned, going by the posts above. Is there a .list of names and reason for banning.? For me I try and keep an open mind on most things but have never understood why questioning the holocaust is seen as such a massive no no when for example the 1918 flu episode with 20m + dead has been put down as a vaccine related issue or aspirin stoked problem by some and so questioning the official narrative and apportioning blame on to others.I honestly dont geddit, yes if the holocaust happened the way we are told then its truly awful but apply critical thinking to the what we know of the figures and to some eye witness accounts and is it not possible to find alternative histories? And shouldnt one be allowed to investigate and communicate ones ideas?
There's holes in the sky where rain gets in
the holes are small
that's why rain is thin.
lucky

Postby DrEvil » Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:22 pm

^^Because the documentation by Nazi Germany, eyewitness accounts from survivors, guards, locals and allied forces, the existence of the extermination camps and a whole heap of other evidence is overwhelming? The mass graves weren't filled with crisis actors.

Also, it's one of the few things explicitly banned here, and for good reason if you ask me. Nazi-apologia is poison, and anyone promoting it can kindly go fuck themselves.
"I only read American. I want my fantasy pure." - Dave
DrEvil

Postby Grizzly » Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:31 pm

]Mods, look at my recent drafts, I have had my IP Blacklisted, and blocked again...
Last edited by Grizzly on Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“The more we do to you, the less you seem to believe we are doing it.”

― Joseph mengele
Grizzly

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion