It's the End of the World (And I Feel Fine) !!!

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

It's the End of the World (And I Feel Fine) !!!

Postby RocketMan » Sat Jun 13, 2020 4:41 am

Hi everyone! :yay

Looks like during my accidental, not-planned and completely organic absence (I was doing self-care) it seems that only two things of note have happened, so I didn't miss much:

1) a global pandemic and society-wide curfews/lockdowns

OR

a global drill for a globe-spanning control state, utilizing a more or less normal influenza epidemic

2) the United States has (due to the aforementioned circumstance in addition to a fraudulent presidential primary process and continuing, murderous, racially motivated police violence) entered into a seemingly pre-revolutionary state while two rapists battle it out for the presidency

What a time. What a weird time.

Strength & love all around! :lovehearts: :lovehearts:

Anyway, I think I'm back. :partydance: Diving into the threads I missed now.
-I don't like hoodlums.
-That's just a word, Marlowe. We have that kind of world. Two wars gave it to us and we are going to keep it.
RocketMan

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: It's the End of the World (And I Feel Fine) !!!

Postby Harvey » Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:24 am

RocketMan » Sat Jun 13, 2020 9:41 am wrote:Hi everyone! :yay

Looks like during my accidental, not-planned and completely organic absence (I was doing self-care) it seems that only two things of note have happened, so I didn't miss much:

1) a global pandemic and society-wide curfews/lockdowns

OR

a global drill for a globe-spanning control state, utilizing a more or less normal influenza epidemic

2) the United States has (due to the aforementioned circumstance in addition to a fraudulent presidential primary process and continuing, murderous, racially motivated police violence) entered into a seemingly pre-revolutionary state while two rapists battle it out for the presidency

Strength & love all around! :lovehearts: :lovehearts:

Anyway, I think I'm back. :partydance: Diving into the threads I missed now.

Hope all is well.
And while we spoke of many things, fools and kings
This he said to me
"The greatest thing
You'll ever learn
Is just to love
And be loved
In return"

Eden Ahbez
Harvey

Blog: View Blog (20)

Postby Cordelia » Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:48 am

Good to see you back RocketMan! :hug1:

Yeah. What a world. :shrug:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_0U3DlLFSU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpW-_EE-mUw

...e end of the world.
The greatest sin is to be unconscious. ~ Carl Jung

We may not choose the parameters of our destiny. But we give it its content. ~ Dag Hammarskjold 'Waymarks'
Cordelia

Postby thrulookingglass » Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:41 pm

Nice to hear from you. All things considered, I hope you're doing well.

Does anyone here know how to give God an exorcism?

Rule through fear, violence, and terror...gravest fucking error.

Use of evil to control people must end.
thrulookingglass

Postby Elvis » Sat Jun 13, 2020 2:31 pm

RocketMan wrote:Hi everyone!

Great to see you — I was about to write to see if you're okay. :thumbsup
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Postby norton ash » Sat Jun 13, 2020 5:36 pm

Hi Rocket Man. Interesting times.
Zen horse
norton ash

Postby JackRiddler » Sat Jun 13, 2020 5:58 pm

"What a world, what a world!"

Can you believe it? Happy to see you!
We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Postby stickdog99 » Sun Jun 14, 2020 4:56 am

RocketMan » 13 Jun 2020 08:41 wrote:Hi everyone! :yay

Looks like during my accidental, not-planned and completely organic absence (I was doing self-care)

Is that you, Elizabeth Warren? :mrgreen:

stickdog99

Postby Luther Blissett » Sun Jun 14, 2020 2:45 pm

You will find primo, golden-age-of-rigorous intuition-style reading and discussion. I haven't been posting either, but reading and absorbing a lot. I essentially can't keep up with the threads rendering most of my commentary way out-of-date.

I have to say though I mostly do not feel fine as I live smack within the lockdown quadrant of a city and have witnessed some pig / state suppression firsthand, as well as just having been through a lot since the start of the pandemic. I've tried to allow myself some flashes of optimism though.
The Rich and the Corporate remain in their hundred-year fever visions of Bolsheviks taking their stuff - JackRiddler
Luther Blissett

Postby thrulookingglass » Sun Jun 14, 2020 5:21 pm

As it says I got sick of re-takes. You forced me out in the open a*holes! My face isn't normally so damn red either, its just I've gotten a lot of sun lately. Don't mean to look so pissed off either, but I guess I wear my soul on my face. Thrulookingglass in the flesh! Go easy on me. Shot on a shitty iphone btw. Without further ado...
thrulookingglass

Postby norton ash » Sun Jun 14, 2020 5:28 pm

Bravo! ^^
Zen horse
norton ash

Postby Harvey » Sun Jun 14, 2020 5:36 pm

Love it! ^^
And while we spoke of many things, fools and kings
This he said to me
"The greatest thing
You'll ever learn
Is just to love
And be loved
In return"

Eden Ahbez
Harvey

Blog: View Blog (20)

Postby RocketMan » Mon Jun 15, 2020 1:06 am

thrulookingglass » Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:21 am wrote:As it says I got sick of re-takes. You forced me out in the open a*holes! My face isn't normally so damn red either, its just I've gotten a lot of sun lately. Don't mean to look so pissed off either, but I guess I wear my soul on my face. Thrulookingglass in the flesh! Go easy on me. Shot on a shitty iphone btw. Without further ado...

WOW!!! Amazing stuff man, I am very honoured that I inspired this cover. That must be a bitch of a song to do, the verses are horrendously fast and verbose. CAPITAL, OLD CHAP, CAPITAL. You even channelled some of that famous Michael Stipe warble there, amazing. I managed to see R.E.M. twice before they disbanded which is nice.

I am very grateful for all the welcomes and kind words from all of you! :lovehearts: :lovehearts: :lovehearts: :hug1: :hug1: :hug1:

I was recently diagnosed with ADD (took its sweet fucking time, that one, considering I've had since I was born) and got medication which is basically a stimulant drug. As I was adjusting the dosage, for a time there I had a pretty hefty dose and man did I get stuff done. One of the things I did was to start a YouTube channel. A friend mentioned that I kind of have a good voice so off I went. As the dosage was adjusted down, my output became less prolific (har har, so predictable) but I got enough done so that it isn't a completely desert channel and I plan to keep going once I get my second wind. ANYWAY, it's a literature/poetry type of thing, but I used Bob Dylan's Murder Most Foul to riff on JFK's assassination, a sort of a basic course. The two other parts concerning Murder Most Foul could have used much editing, but the series was my first stab at editing a video at all, so I guess I had to pay my dues. Always more difficult to do short & concise than long & meandering, even if it's edited.

SO, here's the link to my little lecture, in the spirit of thruthelookingglass's introduction of his own (ruggedly handsome) face:

-I don't like hoodlums.
-That's just a word, Marlowe. We have that kind of world. Two wars gave it to us and we are going to keep it.
RocketMan

Postby Elvis » Mon Jun 15, 2020 1:19 am

Thrulookingglass, terrific performance! :yay
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Postby JackRiddler » Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:17 pm

Elvis » Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:19 am wrote:Thrulookingglass, terrific performance! :yay

Yes, great stuff. And it's something to have a real human to attach to your posts.

You too, RocketMan. (Though I'm only about to put it on, so I hope you're not advocating kitten murder or I'll have to regret that.) (Now I did: Always so important to be able to do these subjects as a teacher would.)

This is a welcome development. Maybe it will help make this a more fun, serious and respectful place, possibly (as unlikely as it seems) even make me a nicer man. Great to see you both lead the way.
We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Next

Return to General Discussion