RI-Board-Style... and wut it sez bout U

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Which "Board Style" R U? And what does it say about you?

AeroBlack
No votes
CA Vintage
No votes
darksunyellow
17%
DivineBlack
No votes
DivineBlack Getaway
No votes
Getaway Darkblue
17%
prosilver
No votes
RI 2012
50%
subsilver2
17%

Total votes : 6

RI-Board-Style... and wut it sez bout U

Postby elfismiles » Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:28 pm

I'm board :eeyaa and I'm in self-imposed facebook exile ... and i hate this place.

and i'm here ...

and i'm asking something meaningless

What is your RI board-style set to?

ri-board-style.PNG

* AeroBlack (Always liked it - that nifty yelo and blue lightning header image and all)
* CA Vintage (was it always that basic and boring? I thought it was different...)
* darksunyellow (there's the whole yelo blu litnin header image!)
* DivineBlack (nice, elegant, sublime?)
* DivineBlack Getaway (DIRP! but DIG the moving background, man!)
* Getaway Darkblue (OH! Stab me in the heart, why dontcha? How I have missed thee!)
* prosilver (still a decent looking default)
* RI 2012 (aaaahhhh, my old standard ... to this day - need to change it!)
* subsilver2 (rocking the default -- even HARDER! Meh...)

I played around with all of these ... nearly a decade ago ... and keep going back to RI 2012. With Getaway Darkblue as a close runner up.

I liked the other couple of attempts at alternate themes. Oh how I love themes. I spent so many hours trying on desktop themes for my mac so many decades ago ... <sigh>

ri-board-style-2012-old-skool.PNG

ri-board-style-darksunyellow.PNG

- SMiles
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
elfismiles

Blog: View Blog (4)

Re: RI-Board-Style... and wut it sez bout U

Postby elfismiles » Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:33 pm

ri-board-style-getaway-darkblue.PNG

ri-board-style-divineblack-getaway.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
elfismiles

Postby cptmarginal » Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:42 am

Funny you should ask; I was just thinking about this. I too am stuck on RI 2012 (albeit with Dark Reader extension enabled) and have considered changing it temporarily.

Nothing says phpBB like :dancingfrog: :ufo: :dancingfrog:

By the way, I just posted in the ufology thread that I have finally started reading UFOs: Reframing the Debate
The new way of thinking is precisely delineated by what it is not.
cptmarginal

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby mentalgongfu2 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:46 pm

I have never even attempted to change it from the default. I can't even properly vote because I don't know which one of those options describes it. I think I saw discussion years ago that it was possible, but I've never even previewed another style. What does that say about me? Meh, I'll let you judge.
"When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media in order to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink!"
mentalgongfu2

Postby PufPuf93 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:53 pm

mentalgongfu2 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:46 pm wrote:I have never even attempted to change it from the default. I can't even properly vote because I don't know which one of those options describes it. I think I saw discussion years ago that it was possible, but I've never even previewed another style. What does that say about me? Meh, I'll let you judge.

user control panel / options / board preferences

My vote is for getaway dark blue now discovered how to set board preferences. However, I had no idea that there was a choice.
PufPuf93

Postby Grizzly » Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:25 am

I always log in and go to 'Active posts' ... e,g, View active topics
RI 2012, yes, I’m boring that way.
“The more we do to you, the less you seem to believe we are doing it.”

― Joseph mengele
Grizzly

Postby dada » Thu Jun 18, 2020 2:03 pm

How could anything on Rigorous Intuition be meaningless?

I'm using the one with the moving background. I usually like my text dark and my page light, but light text on dark background isn't so disruptive as to be unuseable. Kind of reminds me of when I'm developing negatives for printing the newspaper.

What does it say about me. I see the discussion board as a film negative. Sometimes I go with the opposite of what I prefer. And I think backgrounds should move.

Or am I not supposed to psychoanalyze myself, let someone or something else do it. Should I go and get a horoscope card from the animatronic fortune teller at the amusement center.
Both his words and manner of speech seemed at first totally unfamiliar to me, and yet somehow they stirred memories - as an actor might be stirred by the forgotten lines of some role he had played far away and long ago.
dada

Postby elfismiles » Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:18 am

I've been trying out the divineblack-getaway with its animated movement oriented "connected dots" / "spheres of influence" conspiracy-esque inducing coolness ... but there are drawbacks in layout that I don't want to redraw my mental maps around to use (where is the post date on this post with this layout?) ... was pleasantly surprised that the background works on mobile phone browsers too ..

Likely about to switch to yet another for a day or so and see how it feels.

Of course I've gone through this exercise a few times over the past 8 years but ...
elfismiles

Postby dada » Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:11 am

was pleasantly surprised that the background works on mobile phone browsers too ..

I do all my interneting on the phone. Read pdf books, or I might watch an old horror movie, maybe a speedrun of a new hack of an old game once or twice a year, all on the phone.

This way when I sit at the computer, it's to write and that's it. I would do image manipulation on the computer too, but I haven't been doing any of that recently.

Only other thing I do on the computer is play the occasional game in emulation. I've read that brain scientists say solving puzzles can help keep the mind sharp.
Both his words and manner of speech seemed at first totally unfamiliar to me, and yet somehow they stirred memories - as an actor might be stirred by the forgotten lines of some role he had played far away and long ago.
dada

Return to General Discussion