Kissinger fireside chat: AI for Humanity

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Kissinger fireside chat: AI for Humanity

Postby Grizzly » Sun Sep 06, 2020 9:54 pm

after listening to Tim Dillon's podcast with Whitney Webb I was able to learn a little bit more about the newly formed agency NSCAI (national security commission on artificial intelligence)

Webb mentions a document that was only able to come to the light of day from a freedom of information act request...this document or slideshow rather is eye opening to say the least.

it lays the foundations for why the United States, or the World basically, needs to adopt china's take on information collection, surveillance and distribution.

I then took to youtube and discovered that the NSCAI does in fact have a youtube channel...with only 74 subscribers. there are hours of public meeting videos and "fireside chats" with many of the players from withing this NSCAI...one being Kissinger.

Its seems very strange that these hour long videos only have a few hundred views.

I reccommend the dillon/web episode.

read the pdf as well to better grasp the situation that we are being lead into here.
https://epic.org/foia/epic-v-ai-commission/EPIC-19-09-11-NSCAI-FOIA-20200331-3rd-Production-pt9.pdf

-----
tangentially related? I came across this, that somebunal may be of interest:

A Closer Look: Indira Singh talks about Ptech

Only 1,324 views!!?? 5 comments... Wow.

For those that read faster... a transcript of this edited conversation of Indira Singh about Ptech at Lars Schall’s web site here: …

https://www.larsschall.com/2018/08/03/a-closer-look-indira-singh-talks-about-ptech/

GCHQ/MI6,too

Mods, feel free to move this to whatever thread that seems best, I couldn't decide between it's own thread, 'Artificial Intelligence / Digital life / Skynet megathread', Epstein, or New World Order and the World Economic Forum. Ultimately, it so overlaps all these (and possibly others) that I went with this. But wont mind it being moved or left on it's own.
“The more we do to you, the less you seem to believe we are doing it.”

― Joseph mengele
Grizzly

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Kissinger fireside chat: AI for Humanity

Postby cptmarginal » Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:47 am

Ah, Kissinger with 252 views. Even less than these WINEP videos I was just checking out on Youtube, with Patrick Clawson slavering over Iran.

It's funny how all of the institutional gov-connected think tanks and so forth have the comments turned off on all of their pathetic uploads. Sometimes they are even unlisted.

(I just tried using GPT-3 to come up with a fictional transcript of Henry's fireside chat, but it wasn't crazy or remarkable enough to post.)
The new way of thinking is precisely delineated by what it is not.
cptmarginal

Postby cptmarginal » Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:54 am

By the way: I listened to that Tim Dillon-Whitney Webb podcast when it was first released and while it was informative and funny, she got some of the facts about Maxwell wrong and exaggerated others.
cptmarginal

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:03 pm

it lays the foundations for why the United States, or the World basically, needs to adopt china's take on information collection, surveillance and distribution.

This seems hard for me to square. The world does mirror China's system. This just seems like a pretext for admitting that and making it official.

I've always been very struck by the fact that the United States and China are framed as radically opposed visions of how to administrate the superstate when in fact, there is vanishingly little daylight in between their respective models.

Further: it's not like AI / AGI / machine learning approaches will do fuck all to actually improve governance. It will just be used like every other report, spreadsheet, power point presentation and expert opinion: as a prop to justify whatever half-assed "solutions" that the committee has decided to impose on the rest of us. "It wasn't us, it was the algorithm!."

The future has proven to be amazing indeed, but that's mostly due to our collective failures rather than the triumph of all our over-hyped sci-fi techologies.
Wombaticus Rex

Postby JackRiddler » Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:20 am

Wombaticus Rex » Mon Sep 07, 2020 7:03 pm wrote:I've always been very struck by the fact that the United States and China are framed as radically opposed visions of how to administrate the superstate when in fact, there is vanishingly little daylight in between their respective models.

Rewind 30 years and this is the kind of thing I was saying about the United States and the Soviet Union, in my circle-A anarchist days. Lot of truth in it, I still believe.

Further: it's not like AI / AGI / machine learning approaches will do fuck all to actually improve governance. It will just be used like every other report, spreadsheet, power point presentation and expert opinion: as a prop to justify whatever half-assed "solutions" that the committee has decided to impose on the rest of us. "It wasn't us, it was the algorithm!."

The overall development of such systems will have its own powerful inherent logics toward ever-greater control, articulation, and depth in shaping the development of society, political economy, and the culture. It will reach into our souls, so to speak, and increasingly condition and create what people are. This will happen regardless of how arbitrary the outcomes will be in comparison to stated purposes, or how many committee plans go wrong or are full of shit. Given the givens, it will also "pragmatically" perpetuate (however much in new and evolving forms) a host of status-quo prejudices and hierarchies as path of least resistence. These dynamics will be necessary if mostly inadvertant (still largely unknown-undiscovered if influencable by plan). The system of it will develop a momentum that sooner or later overwhelms most other considerations, at least until system breakdowns. That doesn't mean it can't fall apart in five years, but the longer it goes, the less likely that becomes. The underlying forces driving it are powerful and path dependency takes over.

The future has proven to be amazing indeed, but that's mostly due to our collective failures rather than the triumph of all our over-hyped sci-fi techologies.

This is what the best sci-fi has always said.

We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Return to General Discussion