'Liberals'/'Leftists' in America

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: 'Liberals'/'Leftists' in America

Postby DrEvil » Sat Jul 01, 2023 3:14 pm

^^Pretty sure that guy is just amused to find out his aunt is just like him and not actually a liberal or leftist at all.

In other news, it's now legal to discriminate against gay people in the US again. Damn those filthy liberals. No wait, it was the conservative fucknuggets on the supreme court who did it, because some absolute fucking disgrace of a "christian" lied about being asked to make a gay website for a straight man the day after she filed the case.

The good news is it cuts both ways. Can't wait to see the dumb fucks realize it has consequences for them personally (which obviously wasn't supposed to happen, ever. Perish the thought!).

Oh, and trans people now risk a year in prison in Florida if they use the bathroom they identify with instead of the one that corresponds to their gender at birth, which should also be fun, since bodybuilder dudes with beards now have to use the women's bathroom, which of course will end up with some of them getting the shit beat out of them, which is exactly the point (it's already happened a few times).

At this point I'm honestly just waiting for some republican to seriously suggest that trans people should have to wear some kind of identifying mark in public (to protect the children, obviously). Perhaps a yellow star prominently displayed on the lapel.
"I only read American. I want my fantasy pure." - Dave
DrEvil

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby PufPuf93 » Sat Jul 01, 2023 5:25 pm

DrEvil » Sat Jul 01, 2023 12:14 pm wrote:^^Pretty sure that guy is just amused to find out his aunt is just like him and not actually a liberal or leftist at all.

In other news, it's now legal to discriminate against gay people in the US again. Damn those filthy liberals. No wait, it was the conservative fucknuggets on the supreme court who did it, because some absolute fucking disgrace of a "christian" lied about being asked to make a gay website for a straight man the day after she filed the case.

The good news is it cuts both ways. Can't wait to see the dumb fucks realize it has consequences for them personally (which obviously wasn't supposed to happen, ever. Perish the thought!).

Oh, and trans people now risk a year in prison in Florida if they use the bathroom they identify with instead of the one that corresponds to their gender at birth, which should also be fun, since bodybuilder dudes with beards now have to use the women's bathroom, which of course will end up with some of them getting the shit beat out of them, which is exactly the point (it's already happened a few times).

At this point I'm honestly just waiting for some republican to seriously suggest that trans people should have to wear some kind of identifying mark in public (to protect the children, obviously). Perhaps a yellow star prominently displayed on the lapel.

Apologize that some Americans are Nazi racist trash and project.

For about the last 1700 years, "Christians" get riled up and go on killing sprees to take non-Christians' stuff and sanitize the gene pool.

Can't have a real conversation anymore at RI and maybe that is the point.
PufPuf93

Postby Harvey » Sat Jul 01, 2023 5:54 pm

Perhaps ya'll should try it having both just signalled that discussion about 'affirmative action' is forbidden.

Have either of you actually given any serious thought to the issue? Can you state your position coherently? I can. What's stopping you?
And while we spoke of many things, fools and kings
This he said to me
"The greatest thing
You'll ever learn
Is just to love
And be loved
In return"

Eden Ahbez
Harvey

Blog: View Blog (20)

Postby Harvey » Sat Jul 01, 2023 6:16 pm

I assure you, I'm far to the left of anyone expressing an opinion at RI. In fact, those professing their leftist leanings most strongly are the gravest disappointment.

Edit: Me included. I'm professing but I don't do enough.

This he said to me
"The greatest thing
You'll ever learn
Is just to love
And be loved
In return"

Eden Ahbez
Harvey

Postby stickdog99 » Sun Jul 02, 2023 12:06 pm

Yeah, the Supreme Court sucks at everything except keeping us fighting with our next door neighbors rather than those who control them.

No class conflict allowed other than religious and tribal political "classes."

But seriously, the SCOTUS sucks. So don't pretend that your anti-SCOTUS views are somehow persecuted.
stickdog99

Postby DrEvil » Sun Jul 02, 2023 5:31 pm

Harvey » Sat Jul 01, 2023 11:54 pm wrote:

Perhaps ya'll should try it having both just signalled that discussion about 'affirmative action' is forbidden.

Have either of you actually given any serious thought to the issue? Can you state your position coherently? I can. What's stopping you?

I haven't said anything about affirmative action because I haven't taken the time to educate myself enough on the subject to have an informed opinion. The gay discrimination decision is a different supreme court ruling, and the transgender bathroom law is a Florida thing (raise your hand if you're surprised).

I'm sorry you feel like me being strongly in favor of or against something "signals" to you that discussion is forbidden, but that's really a you issue.

How about arguing against what I said if you disagree with it?
"I only read American. I want my fantasy pure." - Dave
DrEvil

Postby Harvey » Sun Jul 02, 2023 6:58 pm

Sorry, you say so little I must respond to the subtext. I'm being an arsehole again - I was responding to Puf's subtext. I think.
This he said to me
"The greatest thing
You'll ever learn
Is just to love
And be loved
In return"

Eden Ahbez
Harvey

Postby Belligerent Savant » Wed Jul 05, 2023 8:48 pm

Meaning to take an actual sabbatical from here but dropping the following as a 'drive-by' submission as it fits almost perfectly with the theme/intent of this thread:

Stuart Parker, social antibody and career Moop
@stuartlosaltos

In my 36 years as a climate activist, no conservative who has disagreed with me on climate has ever tried to destroy my career, my home, my relationship, my friendships, my social media accounts, my radio shows, my podcasts or my recreational activities.

People working in the fossil fuel industry who feel my efforts are destroying their employment prospects, people who think climate change is a hoax, a fraud I am helping to perpetrate, people who falsely believe I receive money from shadowy European interests: none of these people have felt entitled to go after my ability to earn a living or have a romantic partner.

In my 3 years of opposing genderwang, dozens, likely hundreds of progressives, many of whom I considered comrades or friends, have felt it totally appropriate to engage in unapologetic concerted public efforts to destroy these things, to even come after my fortnightly tabletop Runequest games and try to stop those.

In a social partition of contemporary North America, I would rather be in a conservative society, even if it were significantly more on fire, because I wouldn't feel unsafe disagreeing with my neighbours.

Last edited
5:15 PM · Jul 5, 2023

Unacceptable 51% Tin Foil Troll For a Minute
@FoolForaMinute
·
I’m a die-hard lefty who is also utterly dismayed by the left’s adoption of the nonsensical notions that A) there is a pure position in all matters; B) they are uniquely qualified to know what it is; and C) they therefore have the right to police everyone else

I was at a conference in Prague just now, where a left wing US civil rights lawyer and prof. told me that now, in his classes, the students that are willing to discuss positions other than their own are almost entirely the right wingers.
Unfathomable, really

... among the most problematic is the shutting down of actual diversity ( ie of viewpoint) among the ranks. E.g., According to the left, middle-aged middle-class, white, secular, lefty, educated women do not oppose vaccine mandates and lockdowns. In other words I do not exist

So the confrontation with the actual reality of real life left-leaning people who beg to differ from the current orthodoxy leads not to discussion but to the impulse to, first deny and, second, erase their existence.

TAFKA Trap
@TafkaTrap
·
No offense, but if you believe those things (and I agree with you 100% on them!) you’re not as die hard a lefty as you think

Unacceptable 51% Tin Foil Troll For a Minute
@FoolForaMinute

The thing is that those points have nothing whatsoever to do with left/right division.
But we are increasingly confronting package-deal politics on the left that admits no discussion - a recent phenomena that, to my mind, positions the left within the traditional corporate machinery

https://twitter.com/FoolForaMinute/stat ... 50498?s=20

https://twitter.com/stuartlosaltos/stat ... 88355?s=20
Belligerent Savant

Postby Belligerent Savant » Sat Jul 29, 2023 5:45 pm

Belligerent Savant » Sat Jul 29, 2023 4:44 pm wrote:.
To drive it home even further, given the recent comments here Re: social security and other domestic social programs, observe the hypocrisy/irony:

Lee Fang
@lhfang

Lol within about 15 hours from this tweet Bernie Sanders voted against a special inspector general audit of $117 billion in Ukraine war money/contractors.

Bernie Sanders
@SenSanders

Somehow, we never have enough money for health care, education, or housing, but always have more than enough money for a bloated and wasteful Defense Department that cannot even pass an independent audit. It’s time to change our national priorities NOW.

3:08 PM · Jul 27, 2023

https://twitter.com/lhfang/status/16850 ... 80128?s=20
Belligerent Savant

Postby stickdog99 » Sat Jul 29, 2023 6:59 pm

The unholy alliance between capital, postmodernism, and left authoritarianism | Capital has weaponized the ideology of its critics to support its aims.

I. Introduction

I’m completely fascinated by the unholy alliance between capital, postmodernism, and left authoritarianism. I have not seen others describe this phenomenon yet so I will report what I am seeing.

Capital, stored wealth, money itself — and all of the power that flows from that — seeks to expand itself. That’s what it has always done. As many have pointed out, capital follows the logic of a cancer cell — endless expansion, no matter the results for the system as a whole. (I’m not criticizing capitalism per se but rather the sort of predatory monopoly capitalism that always makes a mess of things.)

For most of human history the way that capital expanded is through the exploitation of nature (taming & breeding animals, farming, and mining). Exploiting nature on a large scale requires a lot of labor, so the ruling class developed slavery, serfdom, castes, indentured servitude, addiction, etc. Warfare enables one group to take resources from another so the lower classes were also turned into soldiers. By designing societies to exploit nature, people, and others over the last 500 years, the members of the ruling class have obtained so much wealth that they are now able to direct the course of human events throughout the developed world.

Now capital has figured out a new gold mine — the exploitation of the body itself. The organs, cells, and genetic material of the body can be enclosed, captured, enslaved, “legally” stolen, harnessed, and otherwise made to serve capital. As I have observed previously, mRNA shots turn every cell in the body into a miniature concentration camp engaged in forced labor for capital. This biological capture extends to the natural world too as the genetic material in our food is patented, manipulated, and tortured to produce more wealth for the ruling class. And then all of the human health harms caused by the genetic and chemical manipulation of nature can be further monetized by treating them, ineffectively, with more pharmaceuticals. It’s a perfect business model — until the entire system collapses.

The era that we live in now can best be described as the Iatrogenocene — where all relationships on earth are mediated by the harmful involvement of the chemical and pharmaceutical industries.

Total wealth on earth is estimated to be just north of $400 trillion dollars. The ruling class already owns half of it. Via the iatrogenocide — creating and “treating” chronic illness — the ruling class will be able to strip the remaining $200 trillion from the poor and working class and turn us into permanent slaves once again.

II. Ideology as a tool for covering up crimes against humanity

All of the above is rather odious. At some point the poor and working classes might get tired of being exploited and rise up to kill the ruling class (not as often as one might think, but it happens occasionally throughout history). So the ruling class requires elaborate systems of obfuscation in order to cover their tracks and continue their exploitation.

In the earliest times, this was accomplished through religions that were constitutive of the state. The ruling class — from the Pharaohs to various kings — declared that they were closer to God than the peasants. Anyone who opposed the ruling class thus hated God (not a good look in a theocracy). Human sacrifice (from Aztec & Mayan temple ceremonies to drawing & quartering heretics in medieval Europe) reinforced the point that the ruling class, much like God, really did decide matters of life and death. This hierarchy was considered the normal way to order human societies.

Over the last five centuries, the obfuscation of the crimes of the ruling class was partly accomplished through high art. Who can complain about slavery and colonialism when the “centre” (England, continental Europe, and then America) uses some of that ill-gotten wealth to create beautiful paintings, symphonies, museums, philosophy, and then later, science. It creates the impression, sometimes even spoken aloud, that ‘the exploiters really are the best people so even if there is some pain (well, genocide) along the way, it’s okay because the exploiters are creating civilization itself!’ I really like the arts (and indeed they are often a tool of liberation) but if you follow the money, the history of high art and empire are often intertwined.

In our current era, as the exploitation has grown even more despicable (global biological fascism), the ruling class has needed to come up with even more clever tactics. Enter postmodernism and left authoritarianism. The ruling class literally figured out how to take their fiercest critics and weaponize them to serve capital. It’s really their most extraordinary achievement — a level of mind control beyond anything the Pharaohs could have dreamed of.

III. Postmodernism

Postmodernism, led by the French philosophers Jacques Derrida and Michel Foucault, declared that it is impossible to determine objective truth. The only “truth” is the relative perspective of each individual person. Since its introduction in the 1960s, postmodernism has metastasized throughout the social sciences, art, and culture and now is the predominant ideology of the left.

Postmodernism makes things disappear on a society-wide scale. If there is no objective truth that can be known, voilà, no structural problems to be solved other than our own psyches that can be treated with drugs or psychotherapy. This strange ideology is incredibly valuable to capital. The ruling class wants to do horrible things to our bodies. And postmodernism has become a Magic Eraser of these crimes.

So the autism epidemic becomes, through the magic transmogrification of postmodernism, the Neurodiversity Movement!™️ It’s no longer the largest chemical poisoning event in history, it’s simply A Different (Maybe Better!?) Way of Being!™️ This is not a problem to be solved, this is a civil rights movement to be celebrated!™️

Capital also figured out that they can make $1.3 million per person they “transition” to a “different gender” via chemicals and surgery. Increasingly the business plan targets queer, autistic, and mentally ill kids, many of whom may not be able to give informed consent. This is troubling to people with common sense. Enter postmodernism that re-brands this violent assault on the body as “gender-affirming care”. It’s striking that every word in that phrase is incorrect — they are referring to sex not gender, there is nothing affirming about telling people they are born in the wrong body, and chemical poisons and radical surgeries that often cause pain and complications for a lifetime are the opposite of “care”. But since there can be no objective truth, all that matters is the perspective of those with sex dysphoria (regardless of the fact that those views may change later, but cannot actually be reversed). Under the guiding hand of postmodernism, the wide-scale poisoning, mutilation, and castration of sexual minorities becomes something to be celebrated, the highest form of civilization (while any regret is hidden from view).

Under postmodernism, any form of toxic injury is made to disappear, never to be investigated, and the injured are celebrated but not actually supported in the weirdest display of internal mental colonization in history.

However, the reliance on postmodernism as the point of the spear for capital creates its own set of problems. If there can be no objective truth, then it’s really hard to force people to do things. And capital really really wants to force people to do things. Enter left authoritarianism.

IV. Left authoritarianism

Over the last 50 years, the political left in the United States has been a loose coalition of classical liberals, postmodernists, left authoritarians (the remnants of the Marxist left), and various interests groups — women, Blacks, Latinos, environmentalists, and LGBT persons. Democrats got tired of losing elections so in the 1992 presidential race, Bill Clinton brought capital (Pharma and Silicon Valley) into the coalition. But when the ruling class wants to institute global biological fascism, they really need the ideological muscle of left authoritarianism.

We saw this during Covid. The CIA injected a bit of fear into society in January 2020 and suddenly the left authoritarians in public health and the media were barking that there is The Science™️, it is known only by corporations and the state, everyone must mask up, isolate in their homes, and drive themselves to their poisoning appointments in stadium parking lots, convention centers, and pharmacies.

Because both postmodernism and left authoritarianism are just ideological props to cover up the underlying crimes, no one bothered to point out that left authoritarianism is the exact opposite of postmodernism. They are just deployed to suit the particular occasion and the paid talking heads in the media will read whatever script is handed to them that day.

What’s so incredibly sad about this, is the number of useful idiots in the legacy media and academia who unironically go along with all of this. One day they are postmodern, the next day they are authoritarian, the next day they are fascist. They just want to be part of the in-crowd, they do not care about the content of the programming. This is the case throughout the bourgeoisie — the earnest little squirrels at the NY Times, Washington Post, Atlantic, New Yorker, CNN, MSNBC, and throughout academia, furiously typing away every day to participate in the narrative, never once realizing that they are actually viewed with contempt by the ruling class they faithfully serve.

V. Where is the political right in all of this?

Over the last 50 years, the political right has been an odd coalition of the ruling class (Wall Street bankers, Fortune 500 companies), the rural poor, evangelical Christians, and libertarians. The tacit agreement that held the coalition together was that the rich would get low taxes and no regulations in return for the base getting token rhetoric on cultural issues (support for religion in public life, opposition to homosexuality, support for the Second Amendment, and opposition to abortion). Usually what happened is that the rich got everything they wanted and the base got platitudes with no action. With Trump naming three justices to the Supreme Court, the Republican base is suddenly having all of their wishes granted.

In the Covid crisis, the Wall Street faction of the Republican Party was horrible. Massive corporations including Amazon, Home Depot, and Target used the lockdowns to increase their market share. Every company except Pharma loses money when workers are injured by vaccines, but the big corporations pushed them on their workers anyway. We know that these large corporations are amoral but during Covid they were immoral.

But there were two bright spots in the Republican coalition.

The latest survey from the Pew Research Center shows that evangelical Christians have changed their minds about vaccines in greater numbers than just about any other large group. In the space of just the last four years their support for mandatory vaccinations has dropped by 39 points. This suggests that evangelicals are better at putting real world evidence ahead of ideology than many of those who pride themselves on their scientific objectivity.

About 20 Republicans in Congress have been good but the rest are as useless as the bougiecrats. The Libertarian Party and most long-established conservative non-profit organizations completely forgot all of their values in the face of fear.

But the “small l” libertarian think tank, the Brownstone Institute, has done some of the best work in the world to stop the rise of global Pharma fascism. Several times per week the Brownstone Institute publishes the best writing from dissident academics to help us understand the crisis and develop solutions. The Brownstone Institute also publishes books, hosts an annual conference, and organizes regular in-person gatherings to build a counter-hegemonic movement for freedom.

VI. Conclusion

Ideas matter. Postmodernism, authoritarianism, and Pharma fascism are destined for the slag heap of history. But in the meantime they will continue to cause a lot of carnage.

If we survive the current crisis, it will be because of this new coalition of disaffected Democrats together with evangelical Christians and “small l” libertarians who reject postmodernism, authoritarianism, and fascism and fight with everything we’ve got for freedom, rationality, and common sense.
stickdog99

Postby Belligerent Savant » Sat Jul 29, 2023 8:17 pm

^^^
Some good content in there. One notable quote:
Toby Rogers:
The ruling class literally figured out how to take their fiercest critics and weaponize them to serve capital.

Belligerent Savant » Sat Jul 29, 2023 7:15 pm wrote:.
Another example of the sheer hypocrisy among those that decry 'fossil fuels' but are OK with Military deployments. Apparently 'fossil fuels' are only an issue when THE PLEBES use it, but when the Military uses it (far, far more so than any grouping of plebes) there's SILENCE by the "climate activists".

NOTE: the below metrics are from 2017, well before recent activities in the Ukraine (among other overseas activities).

@cordeliers
The dead giveaway that the "Just Stop Oil" activists are doing the work of the ruling class is that they never protest use of fossil fuels by the US military and NATO.

Report: The U.S. Military Emits More CO2 Than Many Industrialized Nations [Infographic]

Niall McCarthy
Jun 13, 2019

https://twitter.com/cordeliers/status/1 ... 49824?s=20
Belligerent Savant

Postby Belligerent Savant » Tue Aug 08, 2023 7:40 pm

Belligerent Savant

Postby stickdog99 » Wed Aug 16, 2023 2:41 pm

https://freddiedeboer.substack.com/p/le ... uestions-i

Why did AOC announce her endorsement of Joe Biden on Pod Save America, given that podcast’s reputation for hippie-punching, when she could have sent out a one-sentence press release or declined to endorse at all? Why did she do it mere days after host Jon Favreau collapsed in laughter at the idea that Democrats should have to actually appeal to the left?

Why did AOC cry on the floor about Palestine and then vote “Present” rather than “No” on a bill to fund Israel’s military machine? Why did she vote to deny rail workers the right to strike? Why did she vote in favor of the American Rescue Plan, after vowing to fight to include a minimum wage increase, when she’s shown a perfect willingness to make protest votes in the past? What rhyme or reason has there ever been to her role as a legislator?

Why did she attend the 2021 Met Gala, during a devastating pandemic, when that event reflects exactly the elitism and excess that AOC once railed against? Without wearing a mask, when she had been admonishing Americans for the entire pandemic to mask up? Why make that choice, at that particular moment in history?

Why has she not pursued the issue of the border crisis under President Biden with the same visibility and passion that she pursued it under President Trump? What happened to kids in cages? I can go back and find the fundraising emails about immigration and the border from 2018 to 2020. People voted and gave money based on the idea that Democrats would do something about this issue. How are they supposed to feel now that Democrats have essentially nothing to say about the crisis?

What of substance is the Democratic party offering the leftist voters whose votes, they believe, they’re entitled to? What is the positive agenda of Democrats, a message that goes beyond “we’re not Trump”? And what is the plan through which the Justice Democrats and Bernie Sanders achieve some sort of meaningful and lasting change to the Democratic party?

stickdog99

Postby stickdog99 » Wed Aug 16, 2023 5:12 pm

https://tobyrogers.substack.com/p/think ... st-14-2023

The state of our union

The ruling class wants to kill us.
The bougiecrats want to die in service of capital.
The rest of us are walking around in crazytown just shaking our heads at the absurdity of the whole situation.
stickdog99

Postby stickdog99 » Sat Oct 21, 2023 9:26 pm

The Left Needs to Find Itself

It is tiring to be accused of being ‘far-right’ by people doing the bidding of the corporations and investors who recently made a killing on Covid. It is particularly irritating that such people, whilst deriding low-income workers and the ‘uneducated,’ have convinced themselves that they are somehow being virtuous. They call themselves ‘left,’ but so do I. We either need to rethink or ditch these outdated epithets, or be more honest about our positions.

As explanation, the following is a list of some actual ‘left’ policies I have always supported. They lean towards public health issues, as this is relevant to the times. They include:

* An emphasis on human rights, bodily autonomy and freedom of movement.
* An effort to limit inequality in wealth distribution.
* Decolonization (i.e., large rich countries and the corporations in them (or that run them) should not dictate to, or extract wealth from, smaller and poorer countries.)
* Community-based influence or control on local policy and resources, particularly healthcare.
* A publicly funded health system that ensures reasonably equal access to good basic care.
* Free and equal opportunity for education, to reduce poverty and improve gender equality.
* Constitutional democracy, where governments exist on the will of the people, and inviolable rules protect minorities.
* Free speech (essential to stop dictators from entrenching themselves, and to ensure progress)
* Willingness to stand your ground for the above principles, even at some personal cost.

The list could go on, but generally this is where I was, and remain. This is why, ignorantly or not, I have always voted that way. Working in global health, I had thought that was where most of my colleagues were, though I was fine with those that differed. However, with notable exceptions, nearly all have actively supported the following list of antithetical policies during the past few years:

* Mandated face coverings and injections, and vilification and exclusion of individuals and minorities who refused (Note: “exclusion” is the opposite of “inclusion,” so the opposite of DEI)
* Desperation to defend the largest concentration of wealth in the history of humankind, with ‘left-wing’ media lauding the recipients (and incidentally sponsored by them).
* Imposition of global policies geared to ensure broad uptake in low-income countries of Western health products to address a Western problem (i.e., “No one is safe until everyone is safe”), at the cost of deterioration of the health issues that actually impact low-income countries most.
* Increasing centralization in international public health policy, with the World Health Organization (WHO), ‘philanthropists’ and a parrot-like sponsored media pushing the same policies on young mothers in Nigerian villages that they push on aged-care centers in Seattle.
* Restricting healthcare access across much of the globe, from chemotherapy for NHS cancer patients in Britain and basic birthing support for young mothers in Kenya.
* Advocating for school closures that will ensure increased poverty for the next generation, widening gender inequality, promoting child marriage, and child labor.
* Rule by emergency decree, because the public may choose differently from the government. Then planning for a transfer of powers to the WHO for any health event, or even the threat of one, that WHO staff in a comfortable Swiss city deem to call an “emergency.”
* Development of a whole new concept called an ‘infodemic.’ This involves people who are losing their right to show their face, work or visit family, questioning the regime that is removing these rights. The same regime that is profiting from their confinement. In an infodemic, the people asking the questions are deemed to be the problem, not the regime. (Remember when raging against the machine was a thing?)

Support for these actions requires an abandonment of any inclination to stand for those principles that we (the ‘left’) once believed in. Perhaps to hide this weakness from themselves, many now label human rights advocates and free-speech defenders as ‘anti-whatever’ or ‘whatever-denier (insert the latest thing, it is usually incoherent, or use the derogatory “free-dumb” instead).

If someone cannot see though this piece of Orwellian double-speak played out in the media and in life, benefiting the few at the expense of the many, then the behavioral psychology is working as intended. They won’t recognize reality until they snap out of it. But for those who agree with the first list above, but still persist in closing down debate and name-calling, self-reflection might bring a return of strength.

People can change their minds. Intelligent people do as they learn new things and find time to think.

Which brings us to the obvious conclusion. The new movement of cancellation, vilification, exclusion, and abuse is not a left or right movement. It promotes a form of totalitarianism closer to fascism than anything else, whilst calling others “fascist” for valuing free thought and free association. Fascism is not a synonym for freedom; it has a different and unpleasant meaning.

We live in a divided society. The divide is political. It is between those who value democracy, equality, and intrinsic human worth and those who think it virtuous to deride them. Those who still recognize these values as worthy should stop calling people stupid names and start asking, and allowing, questions. Inclusiveness is not a dogma; it is fundamentally the opposite. There is strength in diversity, not in subservience to another’s uniformity.
stickdog99

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion