#EmergencyMoneyforthePeople

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: #EmergencyMoneyforthePeople

Postby DrEvil » Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:16 pm

I don't know. Things went downhill after we stopped raiding British monasteries.
"I only read American. I want my fantasy pure." - Dave
DrEvil

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby lucky » Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:59 am

..Still waiting for the trickle down effect? - come on bezos, Musk, Gates n all turn on the taps. Surely $1b is enough.
There's holes in the sky where rain gets in
the holes are small
that's why rain is thin.
lucky

Postby Harvey » Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:35 am

DrEvil » Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:16 pm wrote:I don't know. Things went downhill after we stopped raiding British monasteries.

:wink
And while we spoke of many things, fools and kings
This he said to me
"The greatest thing
You'll ever learn
Is just to love
And be loved
In return"

Eden Ahbez
Harvey

Blog: View Blog (20)

Postby lucky » Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:05 am

:wallhead:
There's holes in the sky where rain gets in
the holes are small
that's why rain is thin.
lucky

Postby Joe Hillshoist » Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:08 pm

Joe Hillshoist

Postby conniption » Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:37 pm

Hightower Lowdown

A wealth of riches, a poverty of morals
February 18, 2021 1 min read

> snip <

...Let’s say you’re a millionaire. That’s a lot of money, right? Now let’s say you’re a billionaire. That’s a lot more money! But how much more?

...Think of all those dollars as seconds on a clock. A million seconds would total 11 days – but a billion seconds equals nearly 32 years! Rich is nice, but billionaire-rich is over the moon – and the wealth of billionaires is now zooming out of this world. There are only 2,200 of these überrich dudes in the world, but the wealth stashed away by these elites hit a new record this summer, averaging more than $4 billion each. They’ve even pocketed an extra half-billion bucks on average in the midst of the COVID-19 economic crash...
continues... https://hightowerlowdown.org/podcast/a- ... -morals-2/
conniption

Postby Grizzly » Sat Feb 27, 2021 3:39 am

Joe Biden is bombing Syria, but he's also waging a different kind of war against the American people.
https://www.reddit.com/r/AOC/comments/lt62yh/joe_biden_is_bombing_syria_but_hes_also_waging_a/

Not to mention student debt forgiveness ...

Funny if the 'Squad' squat AOC, OMAR, were serious they'd collectively with that pos, Bernie move to repeal the AUMF immediately.

Not far enough in my opinion.

https://twitter.com/Ilhan/status/1365371946280620036

“The more we do to you, the less you seem to believe we are doing it.”

― Joseph mengele
Grizzly

Postby Grizzly » Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:22 am

I don't know man... I haven't seen anything in my account yet. Nor have I seen much of hologram Joe...

― Joseph mengele
Grizzly

Postby conniption » Sat Mar 27, 2021 3:00 am

I didn't know where to post this video, Griz, so... here we are. I do like both Michael Hudson and Pepe Escobar. If there is anyone to explain this horrible mess, maybe they can.

The Saker blog has a transcript of the video which is (unfortunately) 2 hours long!

In Quest of a Multipolar Economic World Order with Michael Hudson and Pepe Escobar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecElFWphOAE

•Mar 24, 2021
Henry George School of Social Science

In this second round of conversation, Professor Michael Hudson and Pepe Escobar discuss the emerging economic world order which they define not so much as a conflict between nations, but a rivalry between two competing models of the economy. The finance capital driven model of the West with a domination of the FIRE sector, versus the mixed economy model represented by China and Russia which seeks to rein in rent seeking, combined with public banking and state funded infrastructure to support market compliant industrial development. In Professor Hudson’s view, this model was advocated by classical economists, from Mill, Ricardo, to Henry George; and is largely responsible for the West’s past successes.
conniption

Postby Belligerent Savant » Sun Mar 28, 2021 2:06 pm

This chart shows the exact OPPOSITE of money for "The People". It does, however, show a dramatic SPIKE in money funneled to the VERY FEW, and it's continuing to trend UPWARD, since 2020.

Needless to say, it's all tied to events pushed forward since early 2020.

https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/WFRBST01134

Source: Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (US)

Release: Distributional Financial Accounts

Units: Percent of Aggregate, Not Seasonally Adjusted

Frequency: Quarterly

The DFAs integrate two data products produced by the Federal Reserve Board: the Financial Accounts of the United States, which provide quarterly data on aggregate balance sheets of major sectors of the U.S. economy, and the Survey of Consumer Finances (SCF), which provides comprehensive triennial microdata on the assets and liabilities of a representative sample of U.S. households.
Information on the data collection process can be found at the Board of Governors.
Suggested Citation:

Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (US), Share of Total Net Worth Held by the Top 1% (99th to 100th Wealth Percentiles) [WFRBST01134], retrieved from FRED, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis; https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/WFRBST01134, March 27, 2021.

Belligerent Savant

Postby Elvis » Sun Mar 28, 2021 6:51 pm

This graph shows the different priorities of the two political parties' relief spending. They are not the same.

Dem vs GOP bills.jpg

Good to keep in mind that economies begin with spending.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Postby Belligerent Savant » Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:10 pm

The net historical results have shown that neither major Party operates to the benefit of the majority (at the National level), despite appearances, bromides and/or platitudes that may suggest otherwise. This much has been clear for some time.
Belligerent Savant

Postby Agent Orange Cooper » Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:17 pm

Abolish the IRS.
Agent Orange Cooper

Postby Grizzly » Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:00 pm

Ronald Reagan fires 11,359 air-traffic controllers (1981)
https://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/reagan-fires-11359-air-traffic-controllers

"Not only fired them, but barred them from working as air traffic controllers in the US again, so throwing their entire career down the shitter."

Also, "Richard Sharpe: "The strikers were often working-class men and women who had achieved suburban middle class lives as air traffic controllers without having gone to college. Many were veterans of the US armed forces where they had learned their skills; their union had backed Reagan in his election campaign. Nevertheless, Reagan refused to back down. Several strikers were jailed; the union was fined and eventually made bankrupt. Only about 800 got their jobs back when Clinton lifted the ban on rehiring those who went on strike. Many of the strikers were forced into poverty as a result of being blacklisted for [U.S. government] employment."

The reason I remember this so vividly is because it wasn't long after this that my old man, was "Let go" (laid off) from a job his father retired from, with full benefits. (They were company men) it later became known what had happened to him when Michael Moore published, 'Downsize This! Random Threats from an Unarmed American'. A decade later.... I was to young to understand the full repercussions this was to have on our family. I watched my father lose this job, lose his retirement, lose his pension. I watched him get hired back a year or so later at half his pay. After losing nearly everything. I literally watch a man's spirit get broken. And everything he believed in turned back on him.

There's more to it, but the domino effect this caused our family is almost to painful to talk about...

― Joseph mengele
Grizzly

Postby stickdog99 » Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:25 pm

My guess is that 90% of people who have ever considered their relationship to the organization they work for as anything more than a one way "at will" agreement of temporary indentured servitude have been crushed in the same manner that your father was. This apples to me, my wife, my siblings, my parents, and almost all my friends.

The only person I know who this does not apply to (yet) is a relative who works for a co-op, but this co-op is under constant pressure to sell out, so even he is not immune.
stickdog99

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion