#EmergencyMoneyforthePeople

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: #EmergencyMoneyforthePeople

Postby Elvis » Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:08 pm

Grizzly wrote:The reason I remember this so vividly is because it wasn't long after this that my old man, was "Let go" (laid off) from a job his father retired from, with full benefits. (They were company men) it later became known what had happened to him when Michael Moore published, 'Downsize This! Random Threats from an Unarmed American'. A decade later.... I was to young to understand the full repercussions this was to have on our family. I watched my father lose this job, lose his retirement, lose his pension. I watched him get hired back a year or so later at half his pay. After losing nearly everything. I literally watch a man's spirit get broken. And everything he believed in turned back on him.

There's more to it, but the domino effect this caused our family is almost to painful to talk about...

Neoliberal "trickle-down" economics is evil. The more I learn & think about it, the more evil it is, from one end to the other.
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Grizzly » Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:22 pm

Agreed... ^^^

Fuck Ronald Reagan, and every President after him and most, before him..
“The more we do to you, the less you seem to believe we are doing it.”

― Joseph mengele
Grizzly

Postby DrEvil » Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:51 pm

America desperately needs unions. The Amazon workers in Bessemer just voted not to unionize, not because they don't want to, but because they're afraid of losing their jobs (not to mention all the shitty, should-be-criminal tactics Amazon employed in the run up), same as happened when Walmart employees unionized: oops, store got closed and everyone lost their jobs.
"I only read American. I want my fantasy pure." - Dave
DrEvil

Postby Grizzly » Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:41 pm

^^^
Yes unions and guaranteed jobs.But no politician in their right mind would EVER support that not even sheepdog Bernie.

― Joseph mengele
Grizzly

Postby Elvis » Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:54 pm

Grizzly » Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:41 pm wrote:^^^
Yes unions and guaranteed jobs.But no politician in their right mind would EVER support that not even sheepdog Bernie.

:shrug:

Jobs for All | Bernie Sanders Official Website

https://berniesanders.com › issues › jobs-for-all

Key Points · Enact a federal jobs guarantee, to ensure that everyone is guaranteed a stable job that pays a living wage.
We can and should have a full-employment economy. In 1944, President Franklin Delano Roosevelt talked about the right of every American to have a job. That was true then. It is true today. A job guarantee will lower the crime rate, improve mental health, and create a stronger sense of community. It will create a much healthier and happier America. A full-employment economy is not a radical idea.
https://berniesanders.com/issues/jobs-for-all/

I'm reading this book:

JG book.jpg
http://pavlina-tcherneva.net/job-guarantee-faq/
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Postby Grizzly » Thu Apr 15, 2021 5:54 pm

Jobs for All | Bernie Sanders Official Website

https://berniesanders.com › issues › jobs-for-all

Key Points · Enact a federal jobs guarantee, to ensure that everyone is guaranteed a stable job that pays a living wage.
We can and should have a full-employment economy. In 1944, President Franklin Delano Roosevelt talked about the right of every American to have a job. That was true then. It is true today. A job guarantee will lower the crime rate, improve mental health, and create a stronger sense of community. It will create a much healthier and happier America. A full-employment economy is not a radical idea.

https://berniesanders.com/issues/jobs-for-all/

Nice.. well, I'm often wrong but seldom in doubt...lol Still a sheepdog though :moresarcasm

― Joseph mengele
Grizzly

Previous

Return to General Discussion