Vienna joins Paris, Tunisia, Mumbai etc: mass shooting

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Vienna joins Paris, Tunisia, Mumbai etc: mass shooting

Postby Harvey » Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:38 am

The third wheel.jpg

ISIS is now largely understood to have been a joint US/UK/Saudi invention, so I have to ask, what is the utility in continuing to describe mass killings as 'inspired by ISIS' or carried out by ISIS? As the death toll at Kabul university (almost unreported) reaches 35, the death toll in Vienna stands at 4 with dozens injured (world wide press).

Incidentally, as the events were occurring last night it was interesting to see many pro-Israeli individuals and groups acting in synchrony on social media to claim a synagogue had been targeted (which isn't true) and are still making the same claims this morning. At the same time, some anti-Turkish groups were putting out what turned out to be fairly accurate information regarding the origin and affiliations of the shooter, while he was still at large and unidentified. The usual reports of multiple shooters in different locations have resolved into one shooter at six locations. The shooter was known to intelligence services and he was on early release on terrorism charges etc.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/vienna-terror-attacks-know-after-22948219

At least one gunman opened fire at six different locations in Austria's capital, where residents have been urged to stay off the streets amid the police operation.

It is understood that at least 12 people have been arrested and at least 15 properties have been raided by police.

The suspect was known to domestic intelligence services and "deceived everyone" when he took part in a deradicalisation programme before he was released from jail late last year.

Here is everything we know about the attack so far.

The massacre carried out by at least one "Islamist" gunman started near the Stadttempel synagogue in central Vienna at about 8pm local time, according to officials

Chilling footage shows a gunman, armed with an automatic assault rifle, shooting a young man in a cobblestone street outside what appeared to be a bar on the street housing the capital's main synagogue.

The killer then shoots the man with a pistol at close range as the victim lay on the ground.

Witnesses said the attacker or attackers fired into crowds into crowds in bars as revellers enjoyed the final night before a Covid-19 lockdown.

They said they saw a man shoot "like crazy" before police arrived, according to public broadcaster ORF.

The gunman or gunmen attacked six locations in central Vienna, with one of the terrorists being shot dead at about 8.09pm, about nine minutes after the incident began.

Reports said the attacker was killed by a special police tactical unit that is overseen by the Ministry of the Interior.

(etc)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
And while we spoke of many things, fools and kings
This he said to me
"The greatest thing
You'll ever learn
Is just to love
And be loved
In return"

Eden Ahbez
Harvey

Blog: View Blog (20)

Speculation but

Postby JackRiddler » Tue Nov 03, 2020 1:04 pm

This is smacking of strategy of tension.
We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Vienna joins Paris, Tunisia, Mumbai etc: mass shooting

Postby Harvey » Tue Nov 03, 2020 4:22 pm

Shame McCruisken isn't here to translate German news for us and be johnny on the spot (I know he's in Germany not Austria, but he's close enough.) :shrug:
Last edited by Harvey on Wed Nov 04, 2020 7:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
This he said to me
"The greatest thing
You'll ever learn
Is just to love
And be loved
In return"

Eden Ahbez
Harvey

Re: Vienna joins Paris, Tunisia, Mumbai etc: mass shooting

Postby Harvey » Wed Nov 04, 2020 7:11 am

https://www.euronews.com/2020/11/02/several-injured-in-exchanges-of-fire-in-vienna-say-police-amid-reports-of-shooting-at-syna

Vienna's Chief Rabbi Schlomo Hofmeister told broadcaster LBC in a radio interview that he was in the Seitenstettengasse synagogue's compound and saw multiple gunmen firing into bars and restaurants.

"The gunmen were running around, shooting at least 100 rounds or even more, in front of our building," he added.

He said he "doubted it was an attack on the synagogue, adding: "At this time of night there is no activity taking place in the great synagogue, we don't really know, however, what's going on."

Police asked social media users not to share photos or videos that purported to show the incident because it "endangers both emergency services and the civilian population".

In videos shared on social media, people were pictured running as what appeared to be gunshots could be heard.

Q: "How many gunmen did you see?"

A: "At least two."
This he said to me
"The greatest thing
You'll ever learn
Is just to love
And be loved
In return"

Eden Ahbez
Harvey