Fascist Takeover, Americans cheer

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Fascist Takeover, Americans cheer

Postby DrEvil » Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:14 pm

JackRiddler » Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:17 pm wrote:
DrEvil » Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:42 am wrote:
JackRiddler » Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:48 am wrote:
DrEvil » Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:04 pm wrote:^^Was the economy tanking when Trump got elected?

Yes. The economy is always in a process of tanking. It's a design feature. The next crash is always coming.

Sure, but it's the degree of tankage. It wasn't tanking nearly as bad back then as now.

You may as well say a transatlantic flight at 30,000 feet skirting the coast of Greenland isn't as low in altitude as it's going to be when it lands in London. "Booms" and busts are part of the program. Crashes are big cash-ins for the system owners. There are reasons why the political management is restrained from fully using the tools most effective in postponing (for a while) and lessening the impact of crashes. Bezos on paper is worth 70 billion more since the start of the year, and there's still no credible stimulus in the U.S.

This is most true in the U.S. Countries that still have more organized and semi-conscious lower orders, like Canada, have been dispensing money to households monthly. A few with more organized lower orders and less monetary sovereignty, meanwhile, are seeing upheavals and revolutions.

I agree with all this, my original observation was just that of all the times to waste money on fly-overs, now would be a pretty bad choice (unless, as Norton pointed out, you're part of the ruling class and want some bread and circus).

Money not spent on military dick-waving doesn't automatically appear in the coffers of social services, it's just saved for future dick-waving, but it's the principle: don't waste money on frivolous shit at a time like this.
"I only read American. I want my fantasy pure." - Dave
DrEvil

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Belligerent Savant » Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:51 pm

Harvey » Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:14 pm wrote:

I do think we're nearing the point where the level of fear most people seem to be living under could very easily see them corralled into almost any abandonment of their rights and the rights of others, if offered the promise of a solution to their fears. We've seen it all before too many times. Even absent some catastrophic and catalysing event.

Trump is almost old fashioned in making fascism look like what it is. But for the last seventy five years it has looked like clean cut all American boys travelling around the globe and killing many of they people they came into contact with, like Michael Myers in a uniform. (Or politely spoken British boys travelling the world and doing more or less the same thing. Perhaps enlisting locals to do the dirty work wherever possible.)

In both cases, most of what was really done happened far away to people 'we' charmingly called rag-heads, slants, gooks or sand niggers. Most of it has probably never even been seen or heard of, outside certain military circles, and certainly not by domestic populations, or only rarely. My Lai was one of many other similar events which we didn't hear about, according to many who were there.

For a time it appeared there was an accord between government and governed. Obama was elected, now the system could at last work as it was intended to work. Wrong. Even though Manning and Wikileaks had made it possible to see clearly, the wars continued and even escalated, largely without scrutiny.

Because each system has been seen as notionally democratic, the killing in American wars of around 30 million people during that seventy five year period didn't look like a World War at all, or even fascism. It was somehow different. In each case, every war and act of piracy has always, quite plausibly, been dressed as an act of defence against one unreasoning enemy after another. And of course, every defensive act by the enemy is an unprovoked aggression. It's not even as though such enemies don't exist, they certainly do, just that wherever they don't, it's often expedient to create them.

But who can seriously imagine that the authors of all this carnage, working in close collaboration with each other, would now stoop so low as to do similar things to their own populations, for exactly the same motives? That's just illogical.

This is an excellent take, in my view. A crisp distillation of thoughts/sentiment I share but wouldn't have articulated as well.
Belligerent Savant

Postby Harvey » Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:11 pm

Belligerent Savant » Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:51 pm wrote:
This is an excellent take, in my view. A crisp distillation of thoughts/sentiment I share but wouldn't have articulated as well.

Cheers mate.
And while we spoke of many things, fools and kings
This he said to me
"The greatest thing
You'll ever learn
Is just to love
And be loved
In return"

Eden Ahbez
Harvey

Blog: View Blog (20)

Postby kelley » Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:51 pm

concise and on point Harvey

would add outsourcing the costs of training, arming, and directing death squads to a virus has been an economical touch
kelley

Postby Grizzly » Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:21 pm

Go right to the heart. Families...

45 facts about small businesses in America

https://roanoke.com/business/investment/personal-finance/45-facts-about-small-businesses-in-america/collection_5949d2ea-aa63-5b63-abbd-a7df569b45fa.html#1

99.9% of US companies are small businesses

Small businesses employ 59.9 million workers

Nearly 1 in 5 small businesses in the U.S. are family-owned. This means that two or more members of the same family run the company, and the majority of ownership lies within a family, according to data analyzed by SCORE. Family-owned businesses are responsible for employing 60% of all workers in the country.
“The more we do to you, the less you seem to believe we are doing it.”

― Joseph mengele
Grizzly

Previous

Return to General Discussion