Suez Canal 2021

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Suez Canal 2021

Postby mentalgongfu2 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:57 am

So, international shipping being a thing that matters to me, the whole ship stuck in the suez canal that happened recently is of interest.

But it took someone else to ask the question, what if it wasn't an accident?

I can't answer that, but here's a factoid/infogram.

https://nypost.com/2021/03/24/cargo-shi ... uez-canal/
Cargo ship drew a penis and butt before getting stuck in Suez Canal

By Hannah Frishberg

March 24, 2021 | 2:36pm | Updated
Enlarge Image
suez-ship-stuck
A satellite handout image released by Planet Labs Inc on March 24, 2021, shows the Taiwan-owned Ever Given lodged sideways -- and the route it took to reach that point. AFP; VesselFinder

Hot dog does this container ship have bad luck.

Before getting itself into a pickle by running aground in the Suez Canal, this unfortunate vessel drew one.

According to nautical tracking service VesselFinder, the massive Ever Given charted a route resemblant of a penis, testicles and an enormous butt in the Red Sea before it became stuck, causing an intercontinental traffic jam in the maritime artery.

As for the possibility that the vessel tracking site somehow conjured the data as a juvenile genital joke, “There is no room for some kind of conspiracies or false data,” a spokesperson for the site told Vice.

“Innocent, but terrible luck,” disinformation researcher John Scott-Railton captioned a tweet of the Ever Given’s watery, x-rated route.

The gigantic ship — which measures in at more than four football fields long and over 440 million pounds — became lodged in the Suez Canal when high winds and a dust storm turned it sideways on Tuesday. Previous to that, it was en route to the Netherlands from China. The way in which the ship became stuck was “the most awkward way possible,” Scott-Railton tweeted.
suez-ship-stuck
In this photo released by the Suez Canal Authority, a boat navigates in front of the cargo ship Ever Given on Wednesday, March 24, 2021, after it become wedged across Egypt’s Suez Canal and blocked all traffic in the vital waterway
AP

“Ship in front of us ran aground while going through the canal and is now stuck sideways looks like we might be here for a little bit,” a person aboard another ship in the canal captioned an image of the Ever Given.

Multiple attempts to free it by small Egyptian vessels were unsuccessful, but crews were eventually able to partially free it on Wednesday.

UPDATE 2: Suez Canal Blocked by Huge container ship; Video simulation of the controversial trackhttps://t.co/3PXwGMuqdh #EverGiven #SuezCanal #ContainerShip #grounded pic.twitter.com/3QHetlOQxx
— VesselFinder (@VesselFinder) March 24, 2021

While traffic appears to have now resumed, the situation was so bad that many familiar with the waterway feared it would be blocked for days — a major issue as it serves as a vital link between Africa and Asia and the main conduit for roughly 12 percent of global trade.

“After all day trying to refloat the mega container ship ‘Ever Given’, in the Suez Canal, there is a steady log jam of ships waiting in the Mediterranean & Red Sea and in the canal itself,” a sea traffic-follower observed on Tuesday.

__

Possibly of note, I keep seeing stories refer to it as the "Ever Given," yet the only picture I've seen looks more like "Evergreen" painted on the side.

Is this just a typo from the many AI software programs now writing news stories that no one has bothered to correct?

I saved a pic on my own domain for posterity.
From: https://www.globaltimes.cn/page/202103/1219372.shtml

"When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media in order to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink!"
mentalgongfu2

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Suez Canal 2021

Postby mentalgongfu2 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 2:04 am

"When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media in order to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink!"
mentalgongfu2

Postby BenDhyan » Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:08 am

Evergreen is the name of the shipping line, "Ever Given" is the name of the ship.

Given the size of the ship, its length and height due to all the containers on deck would provide a huge surface area, and due to its buoyancy despite its massive dead weight, I imagine a strong cross wind could cause it to be blown off track.
Ben D
BenDhyan

Postby thrulookingglass » Thu Mar 25, 2021 12:49 pm

Feed on the Abrahamic God's indoctrinations! Penises and butts dangerous, nuclear, biological, and chemical weapons are necessary to keep the peace.
Sorry your insta-pot delivery will be slowed.
"BUT I WAN'T AN OOMPA LOOMPA NOOOW!"
thrulookingglass

Postby Iamwhomiam » Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:55 am

BenDhyan » Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:08 am wrote:Evergreen is the name of the shipping line, "Ever Given" is the name of the ship.

Given the size of the ship, its length and height due to all the containers on deck would provide a huge surface area, and due to its buoyancy despite its massive dead weight, I imagine a strong cross wind could cause it to be blown off track.

The only thing that allowed this mishap to occur is someone was asleep at the wheel. Ships of this size, it is huge, always have bow and stern thrusters which are used to counter such forces as crosswinds. They are essential in docking, as well. The shipping line should be banned for a year from using this canal and incur huge fines. The Captain will surely be fired.

Iamwhomiam

Postby BenDhyan » Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:22 am

^ I was not aware of the bow and stern thrusters, so yes, apparently human error is involved.
Ben D
BenDhyan

Postby thrulookingglass » Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:18 pm

You may be right. If the US Navy needed to use the Suez canal it would be cleared immediately. All warfare is based off of deception.
Last edited by thrulookingglass on Fri Mar 26, 2021 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thrulookingglass

Postby JackRiddler » Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:28 pm

It's nuts that something this big exists and tries to go through the canal.

On the spot seizure for damages caused seems reasonable, assuming it's even possible to unload the containers and drag the ship on to land, but there's no Nasser here. I hear the only tugboats that can do it are in the Netherlands? Meanwhile the owner's like, we have to get through, no backing up, because that would delay delivery by weeks and COST US! Amazing.
We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Postby thrulookingglass » Fri Mar 26, 2021 4:04 pm

delinquency, you're soaking in it.
thrulookingglass

Postby DrEvil » Fri Mar 26, 2021 4:34 pm

I'm beginning to see why China is so keen on the Arctic. No wonder they're building nuclear icebreakers.
"I only read American. I want my fantasy pure." - Dave
DrEvil

Postby conniption » Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:31 pm

Suez Canal Blocked: A "Worst Case Scenario for Global Trade"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uy5oym-qFn4

•Premiered Mar 25, 2021
Ice Age Farmer

~~~

Last edited by conniption on Fri Mar 26, 2021 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
conniption

Postby Grizzly » Fri Mar 26, 2021 7:10 pm

“The more we do to you, the less you seem to believe we are doing it.”

― Joseph mengele
Grizzly

Postby Elvis » Sat Mar 27, 2021 3:38 am

“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Postby BenDhyan » Sat Mar 27, 2021 8:38 am

Mind you, it could still be MIHOP, for what purpose I can't image apart from hurting the already global economy? And there is the symbolism of a 'bridge' across the red sea between Egypt and Sinai at Pesach/Passover, I love how synchronicity makes the seeming mundane flow of life's activities more of a work of art.
Ben D
BenDhyan

Postby stickdog99 » Sat Mar 27, 2021 9:46 am

stickdog99

Next

Return to General Discussion