Has RI gone MAGA?

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Has RI gone MAGA?

Postby Elvis » Sun Sep 19, 2021 3:10 pm

Two members have written me saying RI is now a MAGA mouthpiece. To the new observer, it might reasonably appear so.

Has RI gone MAGA?
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Has RI gone MAGA?

Postby stickdog99 » Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:08 pm

Allow me to guess. These same members are imploring you to censor al the "MAGA mouthpieces" on RI. Right?

stickdog99

Postby PufPuf93 » Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:42 pm

Elvis » Sun Sep 19, 2021 12:10 pm wrote:Two members have written me saying RI is now a MAGA mouthpiece. To the new observer, it might reasonably appear so.

Has RI gone MAGA?

RI is a good place to learn about MAGA propaganda and twisted "science" seeded into society to foment chaos.

I still find RI interesting and an aid to things one sees on the internet.

Otherwise there is far less proportion of insightful, not often discussed edgy stuff, than in the past

For the record I did not say anything to Elvis. Not my style. RI is what it is and a habit that provides comfort.
PufPuf93

Postby Luther Blissett » Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:55 pm

I think there has always been a small contingent starting threads based on conservative, sometimes even quasi-fascist or anti-semitic hypotheses. This always (and I'm talking as far back as you can go on this iteration of the board) gave it the appearance of an at-least partial proto-MAGA place.

I've been reading a ton but barely posting. The quality of information I still find when searching the forum is just as high as it's always been.
The Rich and the Corporate remain in their hundred-year fever visions of Bolsheviks taking their stuff - JackRiddler
Luther Blissett

Postby norton ash » Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:45 pm

No. Right wing input, but little MAGA.
Zen horse
norton ash

Postby Joe Hillshoist » Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:28 pm

Luther Blissett » 20 Sep 2021 07:55 wrote:I think there has always been a small contingent starting threads based on conservative, sometimes even quasi-fascist or anti-semitic hypotheses. This always (and I'm talking as far back as you can go on this iteration of the board) gave it the appearance of an at-least partial proto-MAGA place.

I've been reading a ton but barely posting. The quality of information I still find when searching the forum is just as high as it's always been.

I'm glad to you're still around Luther. The other day when I was here I wondered what you were up to and how you were going.
Joe Hillshoist

Postby Joe Hillshoist » Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:55 pm

Elvis » 20 Sep 2021 05:10 wrote:Two members have written me saying RI is now a MAGA mouthpiece. To the new observer, it might reasonably appear so.

Has RI gone MAGA?

No more than it ever was.

Probably less in that 10 - 15 years ago there were often infiltration attempts by neo nazi shitheads but these days there are other more visible platforms for them to stand on.
Joe Hillshoist

Postby Elvis » Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:35 am

Thanks for the comments so far. It's a provocative title question, I know, but 'MAGA' did come up, so I thought it merited reflection.
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Has Public Relations become invisible to RI?

Postby Harvey » Mon Sep 20, 2021 6:30 am

Since no specific examples are offered except vague and nonsensical assertions, my response is no. The question is cartoonish.

Am I to understand that any critique on a wide range of topics which are completely and actively suppressed by supposed left media (from 9/11 to Covid) is now indicative of MAGA? As an Englishman, I find the idea simply hilarious.

A discussion with professor Piers Robinson on propaganda, censorship and self censorship with regard to the last few years and academia in particular. Begins around 09:30

https://rokfin.com/stream/9218
And while we spoke of many things, fools and kings
This he said to me
"The greatest thing
You'll ever learn
Is just to love
And be loved
In return"

Eden Ahbez
Harvey

Blog: View Blog (20)

Postby BenDhyan » Mon Sep 20, 2021 6:36 am

Elvis » Mon Sep 20, 2021 5:10 am wrote:Two members have written me saying RI is now a MAGA mouthpiece. To the new observer, it might reasonably appear so.

Has RI gone MAGA?
:rofl:
Ben D
BenDhyan

Postby drstrangelove » Mon Sep 20, 2021 6:39 am

Two value logic is the underlying idea behind western philosophy and everything begotten from it. Everything is made up of binaries, quite literally in the digital era.

When the threat comes from 'the left', to oppose it, one must attack them from 'the right'. Even if, in reality, most people have left the political spectrum entirely.

We are doing what the Romans did when Classical civilisation committed suicide. Which is ending the farce of the political system. And Rome was nothing but a farce.

Make America great again? Nah, but a short sharp decline instead of an elongated suffering would probably be better for future generations.
drstrangelove

Postby thrulookingglass » Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:12 am

Right wing rhetoric has taken over the board echoing talking points held by Trump supporters and the Qanon crowd.
thrulookingglass

Postby BenDhyan » Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:21 am

^ Your comment begs the obvious question, who exactly are the perps echoing talking points of the Qanon crowd?
Ben D
BenDhyan

Re: Has Public Relations become invisible to RI?

Postby Belligerent Savant » Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:29 am

Harvey » Mon Sep 20, 2021 5:30 am wrote:Since no specific examples are offered except vague and nonsensical assertions, my response is no. The question is cartoonish.

Am I to understand that any critique on a wide range of topics which are completely and actively suppressed by supposed left media (from 9/11 to Covid) is now indicative of MAGA? As an Englishman, I find the idea simply hilarious.

drstrangelove » Mon Sep 20, 2021 5:39 am wrote:
When the threat comes from 'the left', to oppose it, one must attack them from 'the right'. Even if, in reality, most people have left the political spectrum entirely.

We are doing what the Romans did when Classical civilisation committed suicide. Which is ending the farce of the political system. And Rome was nothing but a farce.

a short sharp decline instead of an elongated suffering would probably be better for future generations.

Echo the astute commentary above. Emphasis mine.

Taken at face value, the OP question is one of the stupidest posed here in a long time, rivaled in stupidity by the response from thrulookingglass above.

Time to focus my attention elsewhere.
Belligerent Savant

Postby drstrangelove » Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:45 am

BenDhyan » Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:21 am wrote:^ Your comment begs the obvious question, who exactly are the perps echoing talking points of the Qanon crowd?

I'd be one of them.

Jeffrey Epstein worked for or very closely with a member of the Rothschild family while operating a hard candy blackmail operation compromising US politicians.

That sounds like antisemitic qanon nonsense theory, but I can prove it: http://thehotstar.net/lynnforester.html

Thing is, qanon is half right. And that's why so many people have be suckered into it. It acknowledges an inconvenient truth and builds a comical lore of bullshit on top of it. Classic psyops shit. As if government agencies couldn't figure out who Q was. One big well poisoning operation to keep the professional classes away from it.

And even still, most conspiracy folk think the Epstein thing had something to do with intelligence agencies, as if we still live in a world of nation states rather than continental blocks. Epstein worked for the same people the agencies of Israel and the US work for. Intergenerational banking dynasties.

These days, if you aren't on some kind of qanon shit, you've lost track of the times changing.
drstrangelove

Next

Return to General Discussion