Prayer for Cordelia

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Prayer for Cordelia

Postby Brigit » Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:33 pm

Cordelia was my beloved cousin. She passed away on 11/12/21, one day after her 69th birthday. She was a charismatic, ethereal beauty who was sensitive, kind and brilliant; my first memory of her was when I was 2 years-old; my older sister and she were jumping up and down on our grandmother's bed and arguing about which one was 4-years old. She found this site in October 2009 and I joined as Brigit since she was Cordelia, honoring our Celtic roots.

I am heartbroken and posting this because she loved this website. As she struggled with a crippling illness in her final years of life, she found the kind of companionship she so needed right here! Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your authenticity, passion, and depth of mind. I confess to being a "lurker" on this wonderful website when I am hungry for real information.

"Dante's Prayer" by Loreena McKennitt was the last music that Cordelia heard as she slipped away. It was her favorite.

In light and darkness,
Brigit
Into the light of the dark black night
Brigit

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Prayer for Cordelia

Postby Harvey » Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:38 pm

Oh no. All my love to you and family.
And while we spoke of many things, fools and kings
This he said to me
"The greatest thing
You'll ever learn
Is just to love
And be loved
In return"

Eden Ahbez
Harvey

Blog: View Blog (20)

Postby Belligerent Savant » Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:56 pm

terribly sorry, and sad, to hear this. I was recently wondering about her (lack of) presence here. Thank you for sharing this here, and glad to hear she was around you/family/comfortable surroundings as she passed.
Belligerent Savant

Postby Iamwhomiam » Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:57 pm

My condolences to you, Brigit and to your and Cordelia's family. This is very saddening news. I will miss Cordelia.

Our communications, few as they were, including a phone call, were always interesting, but cannot be shared publicly or I would share more with you. Perhaps you're already aware of what had transpired prompting our conversations, but if not, it was very RI, as in bizarre.

Be well, Brigit.

Blessings, Peace and Love,

Iamwhomiam

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUHvj1cxOs0
Iamwhomiam

Postby JackRiddler » Wed Nov 17, 2021 3:33 pm

Condolences to you and your family Brigit. Cordelia was great on this site, and that is how we know her. I'm sorry we never had a chance to meet in person.
We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Postby Elvis » Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:08 pm

Thank you, Brigit, for letting us know. Condolences.
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Postby BenDhyan » Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:18 pm

My condolences to you and family Brigit, welcome to the return to the light Cordelia.
Ben D
BenDhyan

Postby DrEvil » Wed Nov 17, 2021 6:43 pm

My condolences.
"I only read American. I want my fantasy pure." - Dave
DrEvil

Postby norton ash » Wed Nov 17, 2021 9:30 pm

My condolences. A terrible loss.
Zen horse
norton ash

Postby Joe Hillshoist » Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:03 am

I'm sorry for your loss Brigit.

Take care Cordelia, wherever you are.
Joe Hillshoist

Postby Marionumber1 » Thu Nov 18, 2021 5:43 pm

I'm so sorry, Brigit; no one should have to go through what you are right now. Cordelia was a wonderful member here, and as a relative newcomer to this board I wish I had more of a chance to interact with her.
Marionumber1

Postby stickdog99 » Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:58 pm

Thank you so much for posting this.

This is real kick in the teeth for me personally.

Your cousin was a very wise woman, and her wisdom will be sorely missed both here and in a world that sorely needs more of it.

Best wishes to you and your family.
stickdog99

Postby Perelandra » Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:31 am

Sorry for your loss, and RI's.
“The past is never dead. It's not even past.” - William Faulkner
Perelandra

Postby JackRiddler » Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:11 pm

Cordelia » Fri Dec 11, 2020 9:55 am wrote:Life asked death, 'Why do people love me but hate you? '

Death responded, 'Because you are a beautiful lie and I am a painful truth.

Author Unknown
We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Postby Grizzly » Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:07 pm

Damn.

This gave me great comfort when I lost my daughter in 2015 ...

Why You Want a Physicist to Speak at Your Funeral

You want a physicist to speak at your funeral. You want the physicist to talk to your grieving family about the conservation of energy, so they will understand that your energy has not died.

You want the physicist to remind your sobbing mother about the first law of thermodynamics; that no energy is created in the universe and none is destroyed. You want your mother to know that all your energy, every vibration, every BTU of heat, every wave of every particle that was her beloved child remains with her in this world. You want the physicist to tell your weeping father that amid the energies of the cosmos, you gave as good as you got.

And at one point, you’d hope that the physicist would step down from the pulpit and walk to your brokenhearted spouse there in the pew and tell him that all the photons that ever bounced off your face, all the particles whose paths were interrupted by your smile, by the touch of your hair, hundreds of trillions of particles, have raced off you like children, their ways forever changed by you.

And as your widow rocks in the arms of a loving family, may the physicist let her know that all the photons that bounced from you were gathered in the particle detectors that are her eyes, that those photons created within her constellations of electromagnetically charged neurons whose energy will go on forever.

And the physicist will remind the congregation of how much of all our energy is given off as heat. There may be a few fanning themselves with their programs as he says it. And he will tell them that the warmth that flowed through you in life is still here, still part of all that we are, even as we who mourn continue in the heat of our own lives.

And you’ll want the physicist to explain to those who loved you that they need not have faith; indeed, they should not have faith. Let them know that they can measure, that scientists have measured precisely the conservation of energy and found it accurate, verifiable and consistent across space and time. You can hope your family will examine the evidence and satisfy themselves that the science is sound and that they’ll be comforted to know your energy is still around.

According to the law of the conservation of energy, not a bit of you is gone. You’re just less orderly. Amen.
“The more we do to you, the less you seem to believe we are doing it.”

― Joseph mengele
Grizzly

Next

Return to General Discussion