BlackRock Inc.

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

BlackRock Inc.

Postby drstrangelove » Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:02 pm

The obfuscation of ownership here is nothing more than a carnival shell game leading back to custodian banks through legal documents like global custody agreements, but I found this interesting investigation done by a Redditor into the specifics of the sleight of hand:
Lets start with BlackRock, the largest institutional investor in the world.
When you walk up to the door, BlackRock looks like this:

It’s a big, bad ass company, and Larry Fink is the all powerful deity in control of assets worth almost half of America’s GDP. But does Larry own BlackRock? When you look into the actual ownership, the voting rights, equity, etc. it looks like this (from wallstreetzen):

It looks to me like Merrill Lynch owns BlackRock for the most part. BlackRock only owns 6.5% of BlackRock. Hell, even Vanguard owns more.
But this is an illusion as Merrill Lynch is a wholly owned subsidiary of Bank of America. So BofA is the real owner of this megamachine. Well, not really, because Bank of America doesn’t own Bank of America. When I add the actual ownership of Merrill Lynch (BofA) into the Treemap it looks like this:

We see BlackRock actually owns more BlackRock than we thought through ownership of Merrill Lynch. Quite a bit of BR is owned by Berkshire Hathaway. I delved into Berkshire a bit and there are interesting things to say about it, but I won’t discuss it in this report. This apparent ownership is still illusory, since all of the companies other than Merrill Lynch/BofA are also owned by other companies. If I fill out the rest of the Treemap with their ownership it looks like this:

So here at last is BlackRocks ownership. Except of course its not because each of these companies are also owned by others. If I fill in all of these companies with their ownership it looks like this:

As you keep filling in the ownership further and further eventually it gets below the resolution of the screen, or your eye, or the wavelength of light.

Using this same process for BlackRock it looks something like this:

Welcome to BlackRock. The name is certainly fitting. In this Treemap the white represents Retail investors, the gray represents non-institutional insider investment (the actual people we think of as "owners") and the black represents the Big Bad megamachine: Megacorp.

- https://www.reddit.com/r/Superstonk/com ... up_part_1/

it's like a carnival shell game using matryoshka dolls.

any further knowledge or information regarding The Blackstone Group/BlackRock Inc please add it here.
drstrangelove

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: BlackRock Inc.

Postby drstrangelove » Sun Jan 09, 2022 6:12 am

Edward Bruce McEvoy, Snr managing director of Blackstone Group had a registered address at the building Jeffrey Epstein kept his models - https://offshoreleaks.icij.org/nodes/80100083

"When the government's Trust Corp. started auctioning off billions in troubled assets, Schwarzman & Co. was flush and ready to buy. It began snapping up dozens of apartment buildings in places like Arkansas and Texas. Blackstone's real estate business was born out of the S&L crisis.” - https://www.forbes.com/sites/steveschae ... ble-force/

“He (Peter G.Peterson) attended the August 1971 meeting at Camp David that resulted in Nixon ending the gold standard as part of his so-called New Economic Policy. By the time Peterson released a study of world trade and monetary issues, he was known as the “economic Kissinger,” a flattering comparison to the influence of Nixon’s national security adviser, Henry Kissinger.
- https://www.bloombergquint.com/business ... dies-at-91

hmmmmmm
drstrangelove

Postby drstrangelove » Sun Jan 09, 2022 6:15 am

“Mr. Altman's Treasury job forced on him a similar juggling of roles, but under harsher scrutiny. Early in his tenure, he took on an additional task: acting head of the Resolution Trust Corporation, which administers insolvent savings and loan associations.”
https://www.nytimes.com/1994/08/02/us/a ... andal.html

“Fink started the advisory business in 1988, almost literally in the ashes of First Boston. His first client was a savings-and- loan institution, an industry he knew well. With help from the major Wall Street firms, including First Boston, the S&L industry had expanded too rapidly and made poor investments. By the late 80s, the industry was on the verge of failure, and one of Fink’s next clients was the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation. Until the Resolution Trust Corporation was established, the F.D.I.C. hired him to manage the assets of S&Ls that had been taken over by the government.”
- https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2010/04/fink-201004

hmmmm
drstrangelove

Postby drstrangelove » Sun Jan 09, 2022 6:19 am

When you put this all together, which I'm currently in the process of doing, what you get is a conspiracy of the business cycle.
drstrangelove

Postby Grizzly » Sun Jan 09, 2022 4:37 pm

This ^^
Leviathan.
“The more we do to you, the less you seem to believe we are doing it.”

― Joseph mengele
Grizzly

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:04 am

There was a thread in which I distinguished myself by mixing up blackstone and blackrock -- perhaps an inevitable confusion given the lineage there, not to mention the amount of overlapping personas.

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=36455
Wombaticus Rex

Postby drstrangelove » Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:09 pm

Well BlackRock was Blackstone for the first 6 years of its life. Larry Fink worked for Blackstone Financial Management while he was at the FDIC securitising all the properties the govt got from acquired thrifts.

I wish I had posted this as a continuation of that thread, or the Peter G. Peterson one. Because what I'm looking into is the business cycle conspiracy you touched on in there.

just a brief timeline that I'm fleshing out:
1971 - Peter G. Peterson(Blackstone) became key economic advisor to Nixon and attended the meeting at Camp David that resulted in Nixon ending the gold standard.

1970-1980(more or less) - Rampant Inflation

1979 - Roger Altman(Blackstone) becomes Assistant Secretary for Domestic Finance within the US Treasury of the Carter administration until 1981. The banking sector is deregulated through the Depository Institutions Deregulation and Monetary Control Act of 1980 & The Garn–St. Germain Depository Institutions Act of 1982

1980-90(more or less) - Commercial Real Estate Scam

1988 - Larry Fink joins Blackstone, creates Blackstone Financial Management and starts managing the FDIC.

1992 - Roger Altman(again!) leaves Blackstone and becomes Deputy Treasury Secretary within the Clinton Administration, putting him in charge of the Resolution Trust Corporation.

One Blackstone involved in inflationary policy at start of 70s. One Blackstone involved in banking deregulation at start of 80s(this connection is tenious though, more guilt by association). Two Blackstone in charge of govenment acquired properties in the fallout. And boom, the worlds biggest asset manager burgeons out of this manure ever since.
drstrangelove

Postby Joe Hillshoist » Tue Jan 11, 2022 2:07 am

The price of oil tripled in 1973, was stable for a while then doubled again during 1979. Wouldn't have more to do with inflation than anything else that decade?
Joe Hillshoist

Postby drstrangelove » Tue Jan 11, 2022 3:56 am

The way in which the Nixon admin went about decoupling the USD from gold on foreign exchange markets was a big contributing factor. As far as I'm aware this is commonly acknowledged. Though I wouldn't be surprised if people were making reductionist arguments that it was all OPEC and nothing else.
drstrangelove

Postby Joe Hillshoist » Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:08 am

Don't know much about economics. Don't really care but...

Modern economy is based on oil. It uses oil to turn physical work (ie physics definition of work) into products/money or lets just say economic activity. In the space of what? ... a month... two? it tripled in price. Crude oil per barrel went from about $20 to about $60 bucks a barrel. its about that right now. Maybe $75 at the moment.

Then five years later it doubled in price again over about a year. The ppb of oil was nearly twice what it is now.

In less than 10 years it went from 20ish bucks a barrel to 130 bucks a barrel. Not because of the gold standard but simply cos of access and supply issues.

So how is the other thing more of a factor in the inflation during that period?

How does inflation benefit "them". Use simple language, I'm economically illiterate.

and also

What else happened? What else did Peterson get up to?
Joe Hillshoist

Postby drstrangelove » Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:14 am

Right, but oil was priced in US dollars, which had just been decoupled from gold in 1971(within foreign exchange markets). Since the value of dollars decreased, that meant the real incomes of OPEC oil producers decreased. In response they started to increase prices.

It's not a binary thing. one begets the other. Just like inflated oil prices begot broader price inflation across the entire economy. But if we are talking original sin, then it was how the USD was decoupled from gold on the foreign exchange markets. I don't know specifically how it was done, but the way it which it was caused an inflationary crisis.

Supply side issues are always made out to be solely to blame for inflation. Since march 2020 the US Fed has doubled the supply of US dollars, yet all you'll read about in the newspapers are supply chain issues causing inflation. Is this true? Yep. Does that mean the Fed literally doubling the fucking money supply has nothing to do with it? Nope.

Peterson is relevant because he was the founder of Blackstone. What Blackstone and BlackRock have been up to over the last 30 years is what I'm researching. But it centres around commercial and residential real estate scams. I'm far from done, but I even think they went over to China and showed the Chinese how to do it. Which is why there are ghost cities there and its biggest real estate developer Evergrande is collapsing, right now, as we speak.

The problem is we have these boom bust cycles that are analysed microscopically. They are treated as separate events even though they are the same wave rising and falling. No one is zooming out. Everyone is zooming in. And that is the trick. 'They' got everyone analysing grains of sands instead of taking in the beach. And if someone mentions the beach, they all go "What the fuck would you know about grains of sand!"
drstrangelove

Postby Joe Hillshoist » Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:54 am

So essentially the price of oil stayed the same in terms of gold but changed in terms of the most used currency?

Or tried to.
Joe Hillshoist

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:14 am

Joe Hillshoist » Tue Jan 11, 2022 1:07 am wrote:The price of oil tripled in 1973, was stable for a while then doubled again during 1979. Wouldn't have more to do with inflation than anything else that decade?

Highly recommend Engdahl's "A Century of War" which addresses this directly thanks to Larouche-trained scholarship and a truly remarkable source document summarizing the Bilderberg meeting that same year.

As with so many other breakthroughs in the parapolitics field, like the work of Jim Hougan and Peter Dale Scott, it has never been "debunked" because it has been assiduously ignored rather than addressed by respectable institutional historians.

The good doctor is very much on the trail of something and is hardly wrong about the fundamental economics here. Just as surely as the Bretton Woods system was a weapon, the petrodollar system that fell into place under Nixon was a weapon, too.

Although it represented a tremendous asset for the US/British finance empire, inevitably, long term, it was a weapon formed against the entire world, and we have seen that get more clear with every passing decade since.

And I'd be remiss not to point out that you're essentially saying the same thing: pointing out that this is just an inevitable consequence of economic cycles does little to discount the good doctor's point that these men are engaged in a careful conspiracy to control, monetize and weaponize fundamental economic cycles.

And that they do demonstrably possess the means to do so, at the scale necessary for the job.
Wombaticus Rex

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:31 am

Also: this churn cycle of creating and inflating assets comes from the intersection of intelligence agencies and organized crime. These are, fundamentally, fund-raising engines for black ops, long since ISO 9001 standardized into technically complex but dumb simple templates.

The actual ops are transitory things: sure, JFK/RFK bleeds into Iran Contra and that spills into Savings & Loans, but the big engine behind all of that is implacable and immense -- as neutral as a programming language, the FORTRAN of transnational finance and intrigues.

That overall system is facing some existential risks right now and trying to navigate a very difficult decade to come, so we're at an opportune moment for limning the contours of the con. As for defeating it or upending it or replacing it, I am far less optimistic.

Also also recommend Anthony Sampson's The Money Lenders, Robert Gilpin's twin towers, The Political Economy of International Relations and Global Political Economy despite being quite hella extremely dry, and more recently, Lee & Lee's The Rise of Carry, a technical but entertaining exposition whereby some hedge fund economists strain to chart the movement of leviathan, misdiagnosing this magnificent malevolence as a market dysfunction. They do at least have to stones to admit there is no fix for it.

That same team recently published a commentary on the current state of play, "The End of Carry?" which is holding up well since January 2021 and available for free online.
Wombaticus Rex

Postby drstrangelove » Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:49 am

Joe Hillshoist » Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:54 am wrote:So essentially the price of oil stayed the same in terms of gold but changed in terms of the most used currency?

Or tried to.

Well the price of oil to gold increased while the price of gold to oil decreased. So more barrels of oil were needed to buy an ounce of gold, and an ounce of gold would buy more barrels of oil. That is, until OPEC raised its prices.

On August 15, 1971, the United States unilater- ally and without consulting allies or the IMF closed the “gold window.”6 With this “floating” of gold, the world moved from a fixed to a flexible exchange-rate sys- tem as countries followed West Germany’s lead and stopped interventions in the foreign-exchange markets once the United States stopped buying dollars with gold (James 1996, 220).
Gold was initially revalued to $38 per ounce, then to $42, and shortly thereafter it was allowed to float freely. By mid-1973, the dollar price of gold had risen to $90.50 per ounce, and by the end of the decade it had risen to more than $455—an increase of 1,200 percent in less than a decade.
As the world adjusted to a new international trading arrangement, currency mar- kets experienced turmoil. From early 1971 to mid-1973, the U.S. dollar fell dramati- cally relative to all Western currencies except the pound sterling. It fell more than 30 percent against the Deutschmark and the Swiss franc, and more than 20 percent against the currencies of Japan, France, Belgium, Holland, and Sweden. On average, by mid-1973 the U.S. dollar had fallen by 25 percent relative to the major Western currencies. Given that oil contracts were stipulated in U.S. dollars, this decline meant that oil revenues per unit from these countries fell to OPEC.

. . .

In 1970, slightly more than 10 barrels of oil would purchase an ounce of gold.8 By the next year, when the Bretton Woods agreement ended, with gold priced at $42 and oil fixed in terms of U.S. dollars at $3.56, oil sellers needed nearly 12 barrels of oil to buy an ounce of gold. This “real” oil price decline, and general worldwide infla- tion did not go unnoticed in the oil-producing countries. In 1971, OPEC built in a 2.5 percent annual inflation factor by which to adjust the nominal (U.S. dollar) price of oil.

Yet, by mid-1973, nearly 34 barrels of oil were required to buy an ounce of gold. In little more than two years, the gold price of oil had fallen by more than 70 percent, and the oil price of gold had risen by almost 200 percent.

. . .

On January 1, 1974, OPEC raised the U.S. dollar price of oil from $4.31 to $10.11, producing the first dramatic price shock. After this increase, the “gold price” of oil (at 12.8 barrels per ounce of gold) was back within its historical range. For the rest of the decade, including the second dramatic price rise in 1979, the gold price of oil stayed within its historical range. At the end of the decade, 14 barrels of oil exchanged for an ounce of gold, well within its historical range but with a “real” price approximately 25 percent lower than at the beginning of the decade.

- https://www.independent.org/pdf/tir/tir ... hammes.pdf

So we know what happened. The interesting question is whether the people advising Nixon, like Peter G. Peterson, knew this would happen before it did happen. If they did know, then why did they do it?
Last edited by drstrangelove on Tue Jan 11, 2022 11:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
drstrangelove

Next

Return to General Discussion