Twitler

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Twitler

Postby stickdog99 » Mon Apr 25, 2022 4:27 pm

Elon Musk is a WEF Young Leader.

He is supposedly a free speech absolutist.

However, he seems far more obsessed with digitally verifying every post made on Twitter.

Is his purchase of Twitter yet another attempt to grease the skids for a Big Tech, Big Pharma, Big Brother dystopia in which your ability to participate in society and access programmable digital currency is wholly dependent on submitting to an all encompassing digital ID system that tracks and attempts to control your every move, purchase, public opinion, and healthcare decision?
Last edited by stickdog99 on Tue Apr 26, 2022 2:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
stickdog99

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Belligerent Savant » Mon Apr 25, 2022 6:25 pm

We shall find out the parameters soon enough.

For example, wonder what he means by "authenticating all humans", in this quoted bit:

All that aside, pause for a moment and consider how divorced from stability our society has become, whereby a significant portion of the populace -- if we're to believe the reactions on social media and elsewhere at face value; we'd have to assume a portion of it is pandering/theatrics/exaggeration -- are losing their minds over the prospect of a more "open"/democratic platform (however genuine this claim turns out to be).

Many factors involved in these escalations. More pervasive conditioning via social media and related platforms is part of it. I wonder how much of this is tied to metaphysical/occult/astrological aspects: the dawn of a new era. With each passing year I give more credence to esoteric theories.

It appears, at least from currently available information, that those in positions of power/influence are taking overt/forceful measures to push society into a new paradigm. But how much of this is inevitable, regardless, and to what extent do we have a window of opportunity to take (at least some) ownership of what it may become in the years ahead? Much will depend on how many remain entranced.
Belligerent Savant

Postby MacCruiskeen » Mon Apr 25, 2022 7:39 pm

Elon Musk wrote:authenticate all humans

"Authenticate! Authenticate!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NEGObFXq2I

The Soth Effrican billionaire philanthropist might be easier to trust if he hadn't encircled us Earthings with satellites. It doesn't help that his face is injection-moulded in plastic.

https://preview.redd.it/9zrg14rvxqn61.j ... 870abff405
"Ich kann gar nicht so viel fressen, wie ich kotzen möchte." - Max Liebermann,, Berlin, 1933

"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts." - Richard Feynman, NYC, 1966

TESTDEMIC ➝ "CASE"DEMIC
MacCruiskeen

Postby drstrangelove » Tue Apr 26, 2022 2:06 am

Morgan Stanley is the bank musk secured financing from for this deal. Which is to say Morgan Stanley has literal leverage over him.

When I was looking into blackstone/rock I noticed a pattern in the career trajectory of people who worked for the Rockefeller family private equity fund. Almost half of the executive team had worked at Merrill lynch in the lead up to the gfc in 2008, after that they went on to Morgan Stanley, then finally the Rockefeller group. The ceo fit this pattern as well. The current chairman of the NY fed, a historically a Rockefeller institution and most likely still is, worked first at Merrill lynch, then Morgan Stanley.

You don’t follow the money these days because it leads offshore. You don’t follow ownership rights because that leads into the black hole of mutual funds. You follow the career trajectory of apparatchiks.
drstrangelove

Postby stickdog99 » Tue Apr 26, 2022 3:06 am

stickdog99

Postby stickdog99 » Tue Apr 26, 2022 3:21 am

stickdog99

Postby MacCruiskeen » Tue Apr 26, 2022 4:03 am

^^ "what concerns most of us is rapid viral 'algorithmic' spread of certain content"

These people really do see censorship as a public health measure, exactly analogous to vaccination. Dissent = disease. Nip it in the bud! Stamp those Killer Dots out! Don't let them spread! Zero Dissent!

Note too the unthinking trust in "the SM companies' own research". (Sado-maso?) We can leave it to those highly skilled technicians to identify & eradicate the truly dangerous mind-viruses, you see. Only they are qualified to judge what's nefarious and what's not. FB, Twitter, Google, WHO, CDC, BBC, YT, FEMA, NATO -- they're the experts, let them do their jobs! Follow TheScience!

Full Spectrum Dominance.
"Ich kann gar nicht so viel fressen, wie ich kotzen möchte." - Max Liebermann,, Berlin, 1933

"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts." - Richard Feynman, NYC, 1966

TESTDEMIC ➝ "CASE"DEMIC
MacCruiskeen

Postby drstrangelove » Tue Apr 26, 2022 7:44 am

Also shareholders have to vote for this to go through. This just means board has accepted the offer they will vote on. Be interesting to see if the funds block musk or allow him to have it. I’d imagine they would’ve blocked financing if they were against this. Maybe it’s market manipulation though. Pump and dump Twitter stock by giving finance and board approval, only to use vanguard blackrock etc. to block the deal.
drstrangelove

Postby Luther Blissett » Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:04 am

MacCruiskeen » Fri Mar 11, 2022 3:26 pm wrote:How many of us at RI have been un-personed by Twitler in the two years since COUPVID was launched? I know of:

me
Harvey
Belligerent Savant

I was shadowbanned for a couple years — where I could read superficial posts (especially those linked from the endless notifications they started sending me after shadowbanning me) but no threads, no accounts, no query results, etc. — but I’m back now.

It was a strange purgatory, not that I minded too much. I was knee deep in little side projects and only occasionally missing its benefits. It looked almost as if everyone else had closed their accounts shortly after posting those top-level recommended tweets.
The Rich and the Corporate remain in their hundred-year fever visions of Bolsheviks taking their stuff - JackRiddler
Luther Blissett

Postby DrEvil » Tue Apr 26, 2022 6:20 pm

Belligerent Savant » Tue Apr 26, 2022 12:25 am wrote:.

We shall find out the parameters soon enough.

For example, wonder what he means by "authenticating all humans", in this quoted bit:

All that aside, pause for a moment and consider how divorced from stability our society has become, whereby a significant portion of the populace -- if we're to believe the reactions on social media and elsewhere at face value; we'd have to assume a portion of it is pandering/theatrics/exaggeration -- are losing their minds over the prospect of a more "open"/democratic platform (however genuine this claim turns out to be).

Many factors involved in these escalations. More pervasive conditioning via social media and related platforms is part of it. I wonder how much of this is tied to metaphysical/occult/astrological aspects: the dawn of a new era. With each passing year I give more credence to esoteric theories.

It appears, at least from currently available information, that those in positions of power/influence are taking overt/forceful measures to push society into a new paradigm. But how much of this is inevitable, regardless, and to what extent do we have a window of opportunity to take (at least some) ownership of what it may become in the years ahead? Much will depend on how many remain entranced.

It's gonna be fun to watch this unfold, but he doesn't seem to have a fucking clue what he's talking about (classic engineer mindset: I'm good at rockets and EVs, ergo I'm good at social media). He wants to open source the algorithm and defeat spam bots. :roll:

Open sourcing the algorithm is the greatest gift he can give to the spammers. That way they know exactly how the system works and how they can game it.

He should just remove the algorithm altogether. Let people see a chronological view of what people they follow posted. Right now, if I post something sensible no one will see it, because it doesn't create engagement. If I post something incendiary it jumps to the top of people's feed. They then react in outrage, which also creates engagement, so their replies are promoted. It's a race to the bottom.

Someone pointed out another thing about having an algorithmic feed that values engagement compared to a chronological feed: with a chronological feed you can start at the top and read down until you get to the ones you read yesterday. Having done that you're caught up for the day and don't return until tomorrow, meaning less engagement and (gasp!) less shareholder value.

Problem is Musk borrowed a ton of money to get the deal, so profits (engagement) will be the top priority.

Another thing (courtesy of techdirt): Twitter isn't the town square; the Internet is the town square. Twitter is just a very prominent building on that square, but there's tons of other buildings too.

Hopefully Musk fucks it up completely and Twitter goes the way of Myspace. He can bring a copy of the code to Mars and run it on the intranet and annoy the other Martians. Flamewars are always good in closed, fragile environments. It creates engagement (I know would watch the hell out of a civil war on Mars).
"I only read American. I want my fantasy pure." - Dave
DrEvil

Postby Belligerent Savant » Fri Apr 29, 2022 11:31 am

Indeed, it would be the ideal (for the algorithm to go open source, and for Twitter to go the way of MySpace, etc.). I suspect other agendas, unfortunately (regardless of any open source actions taken). Time will tell, of course.

In the meantime:

@DowdEdward
·
These folks seem nice.

https://twitter.com/DowdEdward/status/1 ... yEk5Txv8MQ
Belligerent Savant

Postby Joe Hillshoist » Sun May 01, 2022 8:41 am

MacCruiskeen » 26 Apr 2022 18:03 wrote:^^ "what concerns most of us is rapid viral 'algorithmic' spread of certain content"

These people really do see censorship as a public health measure, exactly analogous to vaccination. Dissent = disease. Nip it in the bud! Stamp those Killer Dots out! Don't let them spread! Zero Dissent!

Note too the unthinking trust in "the SM companies' own research". (Sado-maso?) We can leave it to those highly skilled technicians to identify & eradicate the truly dangerous mind-viruses, you see. Only they are qualified to judge what's nefarious and what's not. FB, Twitter, Google, WHO, CDC, BBC, YT, FEMA, NATO -- they're the experts, let them do their jobs! Follow TheScience!

Full Spectrum Dominance.

What that antiwork poster is actually talking about - the algorithmic, viral spread of certain content - is actually perfectly illustrated by this image:

@DowdEdward
·
These folks seem nice.

I don't think that's really an example of free speech to be honest. I think something else is going on here.
Joe Hillshoist

Postby Joe Hillshoist » Sun May 01, 2022 8:45 am

BTW That image raises some interesting questions. Questions like" is it actually morally wrong to kill billionaires."

Not necessarily for anything specific like the twitter take over but as a general principle.
Joe Hillshoist

Postby Joe Hillshoist » Sun May 01, 2022 8:47 am

And before Mac gets all moralistic about murdering rich scum... there's a fair chance if someone is "worth" a million dollars the generation of their money has probably caused at least one untimely and unnecessary death.
Joe Hillshoist

Postby MacCruiskeen » Thu Jun 09, 2022 5:35 pm

I've lost count of the sane and honest and informative Twitter accounts that have been disappeared abruptly & instantly & without warning, this year alone. No laws apply, np comeback is possible, no appeals will be heard.

Project Fear proceeds apace. While everyone is being forced online, everything and everywhere is being Twitlerfied -- YouTube, Facespook, Instagram, you name it.

Whatever you say, say nuthin'. You don't wanna be told you caused offence.

TESTDEMIC ➝ "CASE"DEMIC
MacCruiskeen

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion