On "Trans Kids" and related topics..

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: On "Trans Kids" and related topics..

Postby drstrangelove » Mon Feb 12, 2024 5:41 pm

rugs been pulled. things are swinging neocon to support the wardrive. some very sorry people are about to experience the kind of persecution they've been larping about for over a decade. the stimulus of the weimar days are over. now comes the response.
drstrangelove

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Elvis » Mon Feb 12, 2024 8:35 pm

drstrangelove » Mon Feb 12, 2024 2:41 pm wrote:rugs been pulled. things are swinging neocon to support the wardrive. some very sorry people are about to experience the kind of persecution they've been larping about for over a decade. the stimulus of the weimar days are over. now comes the response.

Weimar days?
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Postby DrEvil » Tue Feb 13, 2024 8:40 pm

Weimar Republic, the implication being things are about to go full fascist, if I had to guess. Not sure who's been larping though.
"I only read American. I want my fantasy pure." - Dave
DrEvil

Postby Belligerent Savant » Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:22 pm

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/135 ... big-mother

Adding a portion of the first image (page 92) in text below:
Among the countless lesser questions that the subject raises, here are a sample few, some (though probably not all) of which the subject makes unavoidable.

1) Biological sex and social gender roles
2) Possible causes for body dysphoria and gender confusion
3) Possible outside interests the Trans Agenda may be serving, whether corporate, military, governmental, ideological, metaphysical, or otherwise
4) How transgenderism affects women and their position in society
5) How it affects men and theirs
6) How transgenderism overlaps with/is compatible with transhumanism
7) How children are being affected and endangered by transgenderism as a social trend
8 ) How (or if) transgender individuals are being discriminated against and abused in society
9) Class and privilege, and how transgender individuals may be themselves practising discrimination and abuse
10) Whether ideology can be seen as a counter-measure or corrective to biology and psychology
11) Whether identity has any existence outside of social contagion and social constructs designed to control human beings and suppress their life force
12) Social and possibly biological anomalies within a community or species
13) Group identity, social contagion, and scapegoating

And so on.
Last edited by Belligerent Savant on Thu Feb 29, 2024 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Belligerent Savant

Postby Belligerent Savant » Thu Feb 29, 2024 11:20 am

Also -

In my prior post, the last ‘screenshot’ image of the book page references an article, titled, ‘Forget what gender activists tell you; here’s what medical transition looks like’, which was cited in an earlier page of this thread:

Belligerent Savant » Thu Apr 21, 2022 9:33 am wrote:
@ComradeDoom1
·
Scott Newgent, trans man and staunch opponent of transitioning minors, describing complications from his own transition

https://quillette.com/2020/10/06/forget ... ooks-like/

https://twitter.com/ComradeDoom1/status ... 0n8vArhn3Q

The opening paragraph of the above-linked piece:
Forget What Gender Activists Tell You. Here’s What Medical Transition Looks Like

Scott Newgent

06 Oct 2020 7 min read

At a recent gathering, a daughter’s friend told us, “I’m probably trans because I don’t like female puberty.” This instantly got my attention, because I have known this child for years, and I never saw any indication of her being trans. I innocently asked her why she would say that. Was it a joke, perhaps? She replied, “I don’t like my boobs growing, and Reddit says I’m probably trans.”

Profile page of the above Twitter account, for whatever it may be worth to some:
https://twitter.com/ComradeDoom1?s=20&t ... 0n8vArhn3Q
David M
@ComradeDoom1

Aspiring polyglot. Gay, not queer. The medicalization of society is a major threat to humanity.
Joined November 2017

426 Following
4,561 Followers

Here’s a more extended excerpt from the above-referenced article:

At a recent gathering, a daughter’s friend told us, “I’m probably trans because I don’t like female puberty.” This instantly got my attention, because I have known this child for years, and I never saw any indication of her being trans. I innocently asked her why she would say that. Was it a joke, perhaps? She replied, “I don’t like my boobs growing, and Reddit says I’m probably trans.”

That night, I tracked down these Reddit exchanges, and my jaw dropped when I saw how many people and organizations were heavily pushing the possibility of her being trans. But perhaps I shouldn’t have been surprised, given the way such attitudes have gone mainstream. This includes the pediatrician mom whose recent opinion piece for the New York Times was titled What I Learned as the Parent of a Transgender Child. For kids Googling this subject, the overall effect is the equivalent of one big glitter bomb going off on their screen.

I write all this as a 47-year-old transgender man who transitioned five years ago. I’m also a parent to three teenagers. Though I admire the good intentions of parents who seek to support their children, I have serious concerns about reckless acquiescence to a child’s Internet-mediated self-diagnosis. Many older transgender folks share these concerns, too. In many cases, we are people who have been quietly going about our lives in society for years, anonymously sharing shops, offices, elevators, and sidewalks with everyone else, without making a big deal of our identity or proselytizing to others. We like it that way. But given the current climate, we now need to speak out.

That one comment by my daughter’s friend caused me to investigate the organizations that purport to advocate on behalf of the trans community. I found that they typically push an approach based on quickly and enthusiastically affirming any indication of gender dysphoria. As someone who is trans myself, I know that this is the wrong approach. Yes, some children who say they are trans really will need to transition one day, because they have a lifelong condition. But parents who automatically assume that this is the case with their child aren’t necessarily following the child’s best interests.

Transgenderism isn’t a vague feeling, or a distaste for stereotypical roles. It’s a serious internal condition that causes you to want to become the opposite sex. Medical transition, such as the kind I went through, can enhance an illusion that helps some gender dysphoric individuals navigate the world with more comfort. It did for me, and it was the right path for me to choose.

I wasn’t “born in the wrong body.” I was born female. But I didn’t like it. So I changed my appearance, at significant monetary, psychological, and physical cost, with plastic surgery and hormones. My sex never changed, though. Only my appearance changed.

Anyone going through this is in store for a brutal process. Yet we now have thousands of naïve parents walking their children into gender-treatment centers, often based on Internet-peddled narratives that present the transition experience through a gauzy rainbow lens. Many transition therapies are still in an experimental phase—as you will learn if you become sick during or after these treatments.

During my own transition, I had seven surgeries. I also had a massive pulmonary embolism, a helicopter life-flight ride, an emergency ambulance ride, a stress-induced heart attack, sepsis, a 17-month recurring infection due to using the wrong skin during a (failed) phalloplasty, 16 rounds of antibiotics, three weeks of daily IV antibiotics, the loss of all my hair, (only partially successful) arm reconstructive surgery, permanent lung and heart damage, a cut bladder, insomnia-induced hallucinations—oh and frequent loss of consciousness due to pain from the hair on the inside of my urethra. All this led to a form of PTSD that made me a prisoner in my apartment for a year. Between me and my insurance company, medical expenses exceeded $900,000.

During these 17 months of agony, I couldn’t get a urologist to help me. They didn’t feel comfortable taking me on as a patient—since the phalloplasty, like much of the transition process, is experimental. “Could you go back to the original surgeon?” they suggested.

Whenever you question the maximalist activist line on trans affirmation, you are directed to The World Professional Association for Transgender Health (or WPATH) as a reference. But much of what you find there consists of vague phrases such as “up to doctor’s discretion.” Several lawyers suggested I had a slam-dunk medical-malpractice case—until they realized that trans health doesn’t really have a justiciable baseline. As a result, treatment often is subpar, as I have experienced first-hand.

Lupron, the hormone blocker some doctors seem intent on giving to kids like Tylenol, isn’t even FDA-approved to treat children with gender dysphoria. (In 2001, the manufacturer pled guilty to fraudulent sales practices with regard to its marketing as a prostate-cancer drug.) We don’t yet know its long-term effects off-label, despite the fact parents have been assured that its effects are safe and even reversible.

Here is what we do know: The long-term use of synthetic hormone therapy shortens lives. Specifically, these medications are associated with an increased risk of heart attacks, pulmonary embolisms, bone damage, liver and kidney failure, mental-health complications, and more. Almost a quarter of hormone-therapy patients on high-dose anabolic steroids (such as the testosterone taken by female-to-male transitioners) exhibit major mood-syndrome symptoms. Between three and 12 percent go on to develop symptoms of psychosis.

https://www.transregretters.com/team/fo ... looks-like
Belligerent Savant

Postby Belligerent Savant » Thu Mar 21, 2024 1:30 pm

This is the same person referenced above.

https://twitter.com/NotScottNewgent
Belligerent Savant

Previous

Return to General Discussion