On "Trans Kids" and related topics..

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: On "Trans Kids" and related topics..

Postby Joe Hillshoist » Sun Apr 03, 2022 8:48 am

According to this study:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7317390/

...suicide rates among trans women (ie m to f) have dropped since 1972. While trans men and women have higher suicide rates than the general population.

Coincidentally or not 1972 was the year Lou Reed released Transformer. So it was publicly successful art that acknowledged the existence of trans people, well women, on their own terms. There does seem to be a correlation between accepting some people are born as physical men and spiritually/emotionally/etc feel they are women, and a drop in the suicide rate among those people.
Joe Hillshoist

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby drstrangelove » Mon Apr 04, 2022 1:55 am

Joe Hillshoist » Sun Apr 03, 2022 8:48 am wrote:According to this study:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7317390/

...suicide rates among trans women (ie m to f) have dropped since 1972. While trans men and women have higher suicide rates than the general population.

Coincidentally or not 1972 was the year Lou Reed released Transformer. So it was publicly successful art that acknowledged the existence of trans people, well women, on their own terms. There does seem to be a correlation between accepting some people are born as physical men and spiritually/emotionally/etc feel they are women, and a drop in the suicide rate among those people.

This would be true for any self-image. People whose self-image is reflected by society don't tend to kill themselves. Thus many suicides are linked to loss of job status or relationship status, which is the loss of the image one had of oneself, either reflected by a partner or career.

Not that you are drawing this conclusion, but it's been argued by some that this is reason enough to accept another person's self-image if it can save their life. However, this doesn't work as a general principle, because it just leads to people self harming or literally taking themselves hostage to guilt others into things they have no right controlling.

This is the justification behind misgendering. Which is not conforming to someone's self-image, thereby causing them emotional distress which can lead to escalated risk of suicide. Which is true, it does. But unless it is done as a form of harassment people can't be held accountable.

The concept of 'safe space' was designed in large part to coddle the self-image. See what they are doing, or trying to do, is to create more and more collective responsibility for individual behavior through greater and greater abstractions of accountability. You can see this everywhere. If you do X, then that means Y, and since Y causes Z, and Z = V, you are accountable for your actions. They'll literally produce a study that reduces everything to the variable of your actions, apply 'math', to then prove you 'literally' caused 'something' bad to happen in reality.

They are doing this because it allows corporate governance frameworks to control human behavior. They want to control the interpersonal relationships which bind people into community, the only thing protecting them from corporate public authority.

'Woke' culture is designed to inform people on more and more way they are accountable for their actions. The list just keeps on growing. People can't even speak without prefacing what they want to say with an apologetic preamble that acknowledges their biological traits. The inverse is even worse, for instance "as a black women" - "excuse me, a black women is speaking", which draws on biological traits as an entitlement to something.

"Hello, I am a personality with a name, but let me define the context of my speech, not by my experiences, but by my biological traits that define them which I cannot change, except in those instances where the miracles of science allow me." Wait what's that? Personality defined by experiences determined by biological traits? That sounds an awful lot like. . .eugenics.

See they found a workout around. So the human personality turned out to be primarily defined by its experiences, nurture over nature. Nature only being a vague potential defined vaguely by genetic lineage. And they accepted this no doubt, in all its extremity, with the behaviorists like B.F Skinner who built a sensory deprivation cradle for new born children. But what if, our experiences were actually defined primarily by our nature! Eugenics by way of nurture! You are your biological traits, because they define your experiences, which then inform your personality. But this time your biological traits are subjective, though not really, only if the science says so, and we control the science, so. . .Yes, they are inescapable and you are defined by them. But don't worry, that is actually all subjective and apart of culture. Ohh you want to change these biological traits you cannot escape do you? Well they are defined by culture, so what you are really saying is that you want us to change the culture for you? Would you like us to change the culture for you so you can escape your biological traits? We can definitely do that for you. You'll just need to cut off your dick, put this technicolor zoot suit on, paint your face like a clown, and support us in raping the planet by shouting down opposition as bigotry.

If this is confusing, it's only because it doesn't make sense. Because culture no longer makes sense. No one can understand it. Confusing. Many wish it were just simple. Who cares, just find something, whatever it is to agree upon. And there in lies the appeal to authority. Even if it doesn't make sense, at leas itt isn't confusing. Because then you know! And if you know you don't need to think, all you need is memory. Which is why children can be good at chess so long as you are always showing them a move they've seen before.
drstrangelove

Postby MacCruiskeen » Mon Apr 04, 2022 5:46 pm

Professor Higgins was ahead of his time. Follow TheScience™:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Doz5w2W-jAY

(From the musical My Fair Gender-Fluid Person, 1964.)
"Ich kann gar nicht so viel fressen, wie ich kotzen möchte." - Max Liebermann,, Berlin, 1933

"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts." - Richard Feynman, NYC, 1966

TESTDEMIC ➝ "CASE"DEMIC
MacCruiskeen

Postby conniption » Mon Apr 04, 2022 8:33 pm

Neil Oliver on Joe Biden and the 'new world order'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBK81GnuwfE
Apr 2, 2022

transcript: https://truthcomestolight.com/how-much- ... perheroes/
conniption

Postby Belligerent Savant » Sat Apr 16, 2022 11:53 am

How a Skeptic Turned Transgender

A cautionary tale of dogmatism and mental contagion

Ryan Sereno
20 hr ago

It has been over a year since I detransitioned.

I lived as a trans woman for almost four years.

I am an otherwise skeptical and rational person.

I had no history of mental illness or behavioral disorders aside from teenage depression.

How did I get here?

Self Diagnosis:

In 2017, at the age of 23, I stumbled upon the stories of transgender individuals.

They talked about their-life long internal struggles.

How they were not able to connect with others, especially those of the same biological sex.

They talked about how transitioning- wearing clothes of the opposite sex, taking hormones, having surgeries, changing their voices and mannerisms- had finally relieved their internal conflict.

A weight had been lifted off of them.

They had become the happiest they have ever been in their lives.

Then I found their 'transition timelines'- photo montages of their before and after transformations; before hormones vs after 2/3/4 years on hormones.

Their results were surprising and intriguing.

I couldn't believe that people could change their bodies and lives in such a drastic way.

It made me feel curious, excited, and anxious.

It made me feel RIGHT, in an unexplainably primal and fundamental way.

I had struggled with body image issues since my teens, and the idea of feminizing my body felt so appealing.

I could totally abandon the need to be masculine, and become someone completely different.

Or rather, as I believed at the time, become the person I was MEANT to be.

These online forums provided all of the confirmation bias I needed- endless anecdotes of successful transitions, scientific articles confirming the benefits, affirmation and support, resources for finding medical providers.

These all formed overwhelming evidence to support this decision.

This sent me into a year long questioning phase; weighing the benefits (genuine happiness) and the consequences (abandoning a normal life).

I become distraught, started analyzing my body, taking selfies to see how well I could pass as a woman.

After a year of questioning, I had gotten no closer to an answer, so I decided to do a trial period of hormones for 3 months and see how I felt.

The Transition:

Getting cross-sex hormones is an incredibly easy task in most states.

I had a brief appointment at a Planned Parenthood and had my first prescription filled within a matter of days, no questions asked.

I began taking the hormones with the goal of observing how I felt and determining if it was the best course of action for me.

What I did not realize at the time is that most people who start cross-sex hormones, will not stop taking them.

As with other mental illnesses, it is a reinforcing loop.

Behaviours that feed into the illness will strengthen its grasp over the individual.

Though it is not the same as an addiction.

Estrogen does not produce acute euphoria like an opioid.

We do it more out of neurosis than habituation- those who struggle with self harm or bulimia will understand this concept better than most.

Because of this, I did not stop taking the hormones at the 3 month mark.

I felt too happy to stop.

It was changing my body, and I was changing my clothes and mannerisms.

I wasn't addicted to the drug, I was addicted to becoming a new person.

A person 'I always wanted to be'.

Life as a Transwoman:

After a year of taking hormones and growing out my hair, I had become more comfortable with presenting myself as a woman.

At the year and a half mark, I was living this way full time.

I was living in a new city where not many people knew me, so it was easy to introduce myself to people with my new identity.

I was incredibly happy and completely enthralled by my new identity; my new body.

Transition was everything it had been sold as.

Looking in the mirror made me happy, and my new emotions and mental state seemed so genuine and congruent with who I wanted to be.

I knew I would never go back to being the person I was before transition.

During most brief interactions with people, I probably appeared to be just another woman.

But, despite my happiness, my paranoia was ever present.

I feared being found out.

I hated my voice.

I couldn't look up at the birds or sky out of fear of people seeing my adam's apple.

I hated using public restrooms.

I detested social gatherings.

I couldn't leave the house without being perfectly presentable.

But I continued forward, because I really thought I was happy with myself at least.

But my happiness was also very delicate.

It could be destroyed by a glance at my reflection or seeing a photo someone took of me.

My body dysphoria was stronger than ever before and it sent me into periods of deep sadness.

I thought that cosmetic surgery could fix my unhappiness, but that was so against my personal values that it was difficult to seriously consider it.

Yet despite the periods of unhappiness, I thought I was mostly content and that I would always live this way.

Questioning and Clarity Begin to Return:

At the age of 27 I had been on cross-sex hormones for about three years.

During that year I began to question the idea of taking synthetic hormones for the rest of my life.

Standing in the pharmacy line every month with sick people, knowing I myself am not actually sick, was often a brief moment of clarity.

At this point, I also felt myself mentally maturing, and I had been with my fiancée for over 7 years.

The thought of having children one day became more prominent.

The implications of this weighed on my mind.

I wanted to have a long life with my family, but the hormones I was taking could potentially jeopardize that.

I was tasked with what felt like an impossible decision- detransitioning and having kids but being forever unhappy or choosing the happiness of transition with the risk of health complications.

Ultimately, I decided that these were terrible options and I refused to accept them.

I refused the notion that I had to be unhappy for the rest of my life if I detransitioned.

I refused the accept the LGBT rhetoric that transition is the only path to happiness.

Through this period of questioning, I realized transition had taken more from my life than it had given me

It had taken my ability to have normal social relationships, my freedom from big pharma, and my mental peace.

I also began analyzing the research supposedly supporting the gendered brain hypothesis- the concept that transgenderism is caused by a male brain in a female body and vice versa.

I found that the research is not as conclusive as the trans community describes it as.

I began to focus more on the health of my body than its appearance.

I returned to my practice of zen and meditation, reminding myself that my body will grow old and decay and that it has no meaningful control over who I am as a person.

My final year of transition and the following months of detransition were incredibly challenging.

I experienced a lot of personal growth and got my life and mental clarity back.

It has now been over a year since I detransitioned, and I am exceptionally grateful for finding my way back to reality.

Wisdom and Hindsight:

The fallacy of writing this story is that hindsight is 20/20

I can now tell this story with clarity, but it gives the false notion that I could have had clarity when I was going through it.

In reality, I was deeply entrenched in a mental illness and I would not have had the ability to understand my thoughts that I have now.

A depressed person cannot escape their depression through objective reasoning alone.

It often takes a long period of effort and healing.

The same goes for gender ideation.

Although the trans community can operate like a cult, I don't believe that it is the only factor necessary for gender ideation to spread.

I was not heavily involved in the trans community.

My online interaction was very limited after my initial year of questioning.

The thoughts become self perpetuating, like a mental virus.

The contagiousness of gender ideation is more similar to bulimia and suicidal ideation than it is to cult programming.

When a population is exposed to bulimic behavior or suicidal thoughts, those behaviors can become mimetic or 'contagious'.

Gender ideation spreads in the same way.

It does not need a malevolent force to disseminate it, nor does it need social media.

The very nature of the human mind allows for these disorders to take hold.

Although media, politicians, medical practitioners, and academics promote gender ideation, they cannot be blamed for the underlying psychophysiology that enables it.

Nor can transgender individuals be blamed for the feelings they have.

--

The most important wisdom I've gained from this experience is to diligently avoid dogmatic thinking.

If I was more dogmatic and steadfast with my beliefs, I may still be living as a transwoman.

This applies to any of our preconceived notions whether they be political or personal.

Audit your beliefs often and without restraint.

Find their origin, and measure their merit.

Be attached to no idea.

https://ryansereno.substack.com/p/how-a ... ransgender
Belligerent Savant

Postby Belligerent Savant » Thu Apr 21, 2022 10:33 am

@ComradeDoom1
·
Scott Newgent, trans man and staunch opponent of transitioning minors, describing complications from his own transition

https://quillette.com/2020/10/06/forget ... ooks-like/

https://twitter.com/ComradeDoom1/status ... 0n8vArhn3Q

The opening paragraph of the above-linked piece:
Forget What Gender Activists Tell You. Here’s What Medical Transition Looks Like

Scott Newgent

06 Oct 2020 7 min read

At a recent gathering, a daughter’s friend told us, “I’m probably trans because I don’t like female puberty.” This instantly got my attention, because I have known this child for years, and I never saw any indication of her being trans. I innocently asked her why she would say that. Was it a joke, perhaps? She replied, “I don’t like my boobs growing, and Reddit says I’m probably trans.”

Profile page of the above Twitter account, for whatever it may be worth to some:
https://twitter.com/ComradeDoom1?s=20&t ... 0n8vArhn3Q
David M
@ComradeDoom1

Aspiring polyglot. Gay, not queer. The medicalization of society is a major threat to humanity.
Joined November 2017

426 Following
4,561 Followers
Belligerent Savant

Postby MacCruiskeen » Fri Apr 22, 2022 5:27 am

Hi, kids, and welcome to another exciting edition of Follow TheScience™. This week: How To Build A Vagina.

[...]

[Dr Marci] Bowers is not only among the most respected gender surgeons in the world but easily one of the most prolific: she has built or repaired more than 2,000 vaginas, the procedure known as vaginoplasty. She rose to celebrity status appearing on the hit reality-television show “I Am Jazz,” which catalogues and choreographs the life of Jazz Jennings, arguably the country’s most famous transgender teen.

In January 2019, Jeanette Jennings threw her famous daughter a “Farewell to Penis” party. Over a million viewers looked in on guests feasting on meatballs and miniature wieners in the Jennings’ Mediterranean-style Florida home. Family and friends cheered as Jazz sliced into a penis-shaped cake. The rather complicated upcoming procedure came to seem as little more than a Sweet Sixteen.

By that point, Jazz was already Time magazine’s top 25 most influential teen, the co-author of a bestselling children’s book and the inspiration for a plastic doll. She had served as youth ambassador to the Human Rights Campaign, and she had about one million Instagram followers. Hers was no longer just a personal story but an advertisement for a lifestyle and an industry.

On the day of the procedure — dutifully recorded for Instagram — Jazz’s sister, Ari, teasingly wiggled a sausage in front of the camera. As Jazz was about to be wheeled into the operating room, she snapped her fingers and said, “Let’s do this!”

The vaginoplasty she underwent is what surgeons call a “penile inversion,” in which surgeons use the tissue from the penis and testicles to create a vaginal cavity and clitoris. With grown men, a penile inversion was eminently doable. With Jazz, it was much more difficult.

Like thousands of adolescents in America treated for gender dysphoria (severe discomfort in one’s biological sex), Jazz had been put on puberty blockers. In Jazz’s case, they began at age 11. So at age 17, Jazz’s penis was the size and sexual maturity of an 11-year-old’s. As Bowers explained to Jazz and her family ahead of the surgery, Jazz didn’t have enough penile and scrotal skin to work with. So Bowers took a swatch of Jazz’s stomach lining to complement the available tissue.

At first, Jazz’s surgery seemed to have gone fine, but soon after she said experienced “crazy pain.” She was rushed back to the hospital, where Dr. Jess Ting was waiting. “As I was getting her on the bed, I heard something go pop,” Ting said in an episode of “I Am Jazz.” Jazz’s new vagina — or neovagina, as surgeons say — had split apart.

[...]

https://bariweiss.substack.com/p/top-tr ... histle?s=r

https://media.distractify.com/brand-img/K5TFEExwT/0x0/dr-marci-bowers-i-am-jazz-1551809310132.PNG
Jazz improvisers Dr Marci Bowers and Dr Jess Ting (The Penile Inverters).
"Ich kann gar nicht so viel fressen, wie ich kotzen möchte." - Max Liebermann,, Berlin, 1933

"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts." - Richard Feynman, NYC, 1966

TESTDEMIC ➝ "CASE"DEMIC
MacCruiskeen

Postby MacCruiskeen » Tue May 03, 2022 12:29 pm

Thread:

@fitnessfeelingz 27. Apr. 2022

Unreal how fast "Trans-kids" op is spreading. Even a year ago, I never heard about it irl. Now, every parent I know in a liberal area deals w/it. Either teachers pushing it, or they have friends/relatives who are "trans-ing" their children.

I know this is a trite observation, but this "trans-children" issue, even more than Covid, makes me feel like I am literally in a simulation. One of those Star Trek TNG episodes where they are trapped in a hologram or something

https://twitter.com/fitnessfeelingz/sta ... 9098801155

TESTDEMIC ➝ "CASE"DEMIC
MacCruiskeen

Postby MacCruiskeen » Tue May 03, 2022 6:36 pm

Thread:

Rep. Francesca Hong 홍윤정@StateRepHong 3:21 am. · 3 May 2022

Birthing bodies have the right to freedom.

Deciding if or when to become a parent is one of the most personal, life-changing decisions. Access to abortion & reproductive care is a decision we must trust each person to make based on what’s best for their health & their future.

https://twitter.com/StateRepHong/status ... 3859334145

This woman (sorry) body is a State Representative. Half the people she represents are men, the other half are bodies.

ON EDIT: "Birthing bodies" is not just an incredibly insulting and dehumanising dysphemism for women; it's a wilfully (or just stupidly) inaccurate way of referring to women who are seeking an abortion.

TESTDEMIC ➝ "CASE"DEMIC
MacCruiskeen

Postby MacCruiskeen » Fri May 13, 2022 5:56 pm

"Planned Parenthood"

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FSmkBQAWIA8 ... name=small
Charlotte Clymer and Joe Biden at a Planned Parenthood Action Fund presidential forum in Columbia, S.C. on June 22, 2019.

Thread: https://twitter.com/bridgietherease/sta ... 4894180358

TESTDEMIC ➝ "CASE"DEMIC
MacCruiskeen

Postby Grizzly » Sat May 14, 2022 1:02 am

This thread always makes me think of Genesis P-Orridge and Britain's Throbbing Gristle, more so than Lou Reed, and hir's
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genesis_P ... ny_Project

P-Orridge married Jacqueline Breyer, later known as Lady Jaye, in 1995, and together they embarked on the Pandrogeny Project, an attempt to unite as a "pandrogyne", or single entity, through the use of surgical body modification to physically resemble one another. P-Orridge continued with this project of body modification after Lady Jaye's 2007 death. Although involved in reunions of both Throbbing Gristle and Psychic TV in the 2000s, P-Orridge retired from music to focus on other artistic mediums in 2009.

P-Orridge was credited on over 200 releases during their lifetime. They were cited as an icon within the avant-garde art scene, accrued a cult following, and had been given the moniker of the "Godparent of Industrial Music".[1] P-Orridge went by gender-neutral pronouns.[a]

I haven't contributed to this thread because it makes me ill to think what these vipers are doing to the kids these days. Especially because my partner happens to be a social worker/program director, who tells me your brain isn't even reached fully matured until the ages of 26 or so...
“The more we do to you, the less you seem to believe we are doing it.”

― Joseph mengele
Grizzly

Postby Joe Hillshoist » Tue May 17, 2022 2:23 am

Grizzly » 14 May 2022 15:02 wrote:This thread always makes me think of Genesis P-Orridge and Britain's Throbbing Gristle, more so than Lou Reed, and hir's
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genesis_P ... ny_Project

P-Orridge married Jacqueline Breyer, later known as Lady Jaye, in 1995, and together they embarked on the Pandrogeny Project, an attempt to unite as a "pandrogyne", or single entity, through the use of surgical body modification to physically resemble one another. P-Orridge continued with this project of body modification after Lady Jaye's 2007 death. Although involved in reunions of both Throbbing Gristle and Psychic TV in the 2000s, P-Orridge retired from music to focus on other artistic mediums in 2009.

P-Orridge was credited on over 200 releases during their lifetime. They were cited as an icon within the avant-garde art scene, accrued a cult following, and had been given the moniker of the "Godparent of Industrial Music".[1] P-Orridge went by gender-neutral pronouns.[a]

I haven't contributed to this thread because it makes me ill to think what these vipers are doing to the kids these days. Especially because my partner happens to be a social worker/program director, who tells me your brain isn't even reached fully matured until the ages of 26 or so...

There is no comparison between some this stuff and what GPBO was on about.

I'm not even taking a side in this either. I literally don't know anyone that any of this stuff with kids applies to.

But adults ... Bayer Orridge was a tripper and both of them had a very specific thing going on with the way they lived their lives. It was more transhuman than sticking a chip in your head in some ways. People transitioning as adults is closer to them than kids imo.

In Iain Banks' scifi books about The Culture humans can genetically change their biological sex, we develop the technology and it becomes culturally acceptable to live at least some of your life as the opposite sex you were born. Alot of this trans stuff is just the beginning of that.
Joe Hillshoist

Postby Harvey » Tue May 17, 2022 7:16 am

Joe Hillshoist » Tue May 17, 2022 7:23 am wrote:In Iain Banks' scifi books about The Culture humans can genetically change their biological sex, we develop the technology and it becomes culturally acceptable to live at least some of your life as the opposite sex you were born. Alot of this trans stuff is just the beginning of that.

I feel less certain that Banks would have come to the conclusion you have above. There are no Humans in the culture novels, the word is used interchangeably with sentient consciousness. His view was always evolving and politically he was very realistic. In my view, he used The Culture for allegory, rather than as a discussion of the potential of human technology. I would have thought he made this very clear from early on - his short story State of The Art.
And while we spoke of many things, fools and kings
This he said to me
"The greatest thing
You'll ever learn
Is just to love
And be loved
In return"

Eden Ahbez
Harvey

Blog: View Blog (20)

Postby Elvis » Wed May 18, 2022 7:17 pm

The bigotry in this thread is astonishing.

He-men piping up.
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Postby Harvey » Wed May 18, 2022 7:42 pm

Elvis » Thu May 19, 2022 12:17 am wrote:The bigotry in this thread is astonishing.

He-men piping up.

Really.

Used to be, people could just say things around here. Almost everywhere in fact. Now they're all bigots for having concerns, or heaven forbid, an opinion. What's the word for someone who has none but resents the idea that others have?
And while we spoke of many things, fools and kings
This he said to me
"The greatest thing
You'll ever learn
Is just to love
And be loved
In return"

Eden Ahbez
Harvey

Blog: View Blog (20)

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion