Q-Anon as Information Warfare Operation

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Q-Anon as Information Warfare Operation

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Sat Sep 10, 2022 9:11 am

Perhaps fittingly for a board that styles itself explicitly anti-fascist, pretty much all of the QAnon discourse here has been limited to relaying essays from ostensibly "left" corporate media monitoring the movement as a force amplifier for the Dread Chaos God Trump. Which is not to dismiss that angle, tiresome though it be, because that movement is rather transparently a forward wedge to motivate the craziest / most susceptible members of his base demographic, while also bringing in new members from existing conspiracy theory circles, which it did.

What is rather non-transparent is who is running that particular circus. Those satisfied that it is a fabrication created on Chan boards and run by Jim Watkins would presumably be equally satisfied that Nugan Hand bank was a simple scam concocted by Bernie Houghton, an almost identical .mil fixer with an almost identical resume and career arc -- really the only difference there is sexual proclivities and which continent they landed on.

Paired with a curious recent video promo offered by a military unit that is hardly famous for their public statements, I would like to share a huge wink to the camera offered by one Michael Flynn, one of the most interesting military alumni of the past two decades. To wit:

Former National Security Advisor and retired three-star Gen. Michael Flynn shared his thoughts on the QAnon movement in an exclusive interview with The Western Journal on Friday.

Flynn expressed his belief that the origins of QAnon have links within the United States government, strongly rejecting insinuations from the establishment media that he’s connected to the conspiratorial movement in any way.

“This whole QAnon thing — I’ve been very public and outspoken about it … they want to tag me as though I’m ‘the guy,'” the former director of the Defense Intelligence Agency said.

Flynn pointed to his own military experiences in his assessment, describing instances in which the U.S government had used information warfare against terrorist organizations such as ISIS and al-Qaeda.

“One of the things that I do know about our government is our government’s ability to project, and our government’s ability to put together disinformation campaigns, psychological operations and psychological campaigns…”

“Information warfare is something our government gets involved in.”

“I raise this because… I really do believe that it [the QAnon movement] is some type of government campaign. Maybe it’s being done by … ultra-government organizations, you know, that are working on behalf of it.”

Flynn pointed to “crazy ideas” associated with the QAnon movement — usually labeled by the mainstream media as a “baseless conspiracy theory” — such as the notion that, during his presidency, Trump was “battling an entrenched bureaucracy and sex trafficking ring run by pedophiles” and currently, that Trump is still the acting, sitting President.

TWJ Deputy Managing Editor Josh Manning asked Flynn to elaborate on his theories on QAnon’s origins.

“This is me speculating, but it is also — when I speculate, I also have a level of expertise in these types of efforts,” said the former National Security Advisor, describing his extensive resume in the intelligence world.

“This is something that I can see our government — and they’re going to go crazy on this — but I can see our government, you know, somewhere, at some level, putting something like this together, but bifurcating it from the government and turning it over to another body.”

The movement’s origins stem from anonymous posts on an internet forum supposedly authored by a senior U.S government official with ‘Q’ top-secret security clearance.

Some proponents of the movement trust in the idea of a wide-ranging ‘plan’ in which their adversaries will be arrested in masse — an idea Flynn urged conservatives to reject.

“This idea that there’s some ‘plan,’ or something that’s going to happen…”

“You know, I keep telling people. The plan is ‘We the People.’ The plan is you and I,” said the retired general.

“The plan is me and guys like me and people like me getting out there to encourage people to get involved in the everyday life of this country.”

“That’s the plan! That’s it. It’s that simple.”

Matt Farwell wrote an insightful and level-headed piece on Flynn's Long Game -- not a Pinochet coup, but a Washington / Grant / Eisenhower shot for the White House.

I have long been viewing the events around Trump's election as a shadow war between the NGO/intelligence complex and the military intelligence complex. One of them exist to serve a globalist empire that pursues policies and goals inimical to the citizens of the United States, one of them exist to actually enforce and protect that empire. And is entirely compose of citizens of the United States. (Well, for now, at least.) Understandably, there is a fair amount of friction over who is really in charge of what, and Trump was a bid to renegotiate terms. That dispute is ongoing.

As ominous as the current conglomeration of corporate and state power is, I cannot help but perceive a strategy -- likely to be a very successful one -- of "giving them enough rope." There are interesting course corrections afoot right now: LGBTQ backlash gaining a big demographic, CNN re-arranging their political orientation, and of course, incoming economic shock waves that will favor reactionary politics. I suspect there are offices, likely adjacent to Andy Marshall's old ONA shop, that have been planning for this contingency for quite some time.

I also suspect, despite his sheer box office draw, Trump will not be the vessel for that: an ex-SEAL from Yale and Harvard will be, though.

For all the power and reach that intelligence agencies have, it is worth remembering how shit their track record is. Data is not a substitute for realistic, accurate assumptions, and when you staff your panopticon full of English majors and Mormons, you're going to fuck yourself eventually.

Anyways, I have a lot more to add and expand on, but I just wanted to get the ball rolling and I have a long day of chores and travel ahead. In the meantime, please do not make this thread a repository for any and all media involving QAnon and Flynn; most coverage and commentary on this is pure noise.
Wombaticus Rex

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Q-Anon as Information Warfare Operation

Postby drstrangelove » Sat Sep 10, 2022 5:49 pm

don't think there even is a strategic level to intelligence agencies these days. I'd assume it's just a technocracy of edward snowdens controlled through seemingly innocuous appointments to key positions, such as assistant-secretary of whateverthefuck NSA. These being external political appointments as opposed to internal private institutional ones. The biggest threat to NGOs are new money NGOs, but old money captures new money in a bottle of the corporation. gotta give up control to access your wealth, and then you gotta kiss the ring if you want to keep it through access to the off shore network/city of london etc.

the play is to get the majority, that is - urban populations, to consent to fascism in the name of liberalism so oligarchs can freeze the class structure in place while western civ reinvents itself(dies). this explains qanon/trump everything else. the key is getting a majority to fell like a persecuted minority. so you break the majority(metropolitan progressives) up into little cosmetic groups based on gender, ethnicity and sexual orientation, and then get trump to attack them one by one like napoleon.

they've even managed to revive eugenics through critical race theory.
drstrangelove

Postby kelley » Sat Sep 10, 2022 9:27 pm

fantastic topic and well done

let's see where this one can go
kelley

Postby km artlu » Sun Sep 11, 2022 2:39 am

Insightful work Rex, and potentially valuable to help understand coming events. Thank you.

I very much hope you do add to and expand on your initial post here.
km artlu

Postby semper occultus » Sun Sep 11, 2022 9:25 am

I guess it's just a continuation of the Cold War era work documented by Vallee in Messengers of Deception, given various gain of function tweaks by Cass Sunstein & the ARG creators with Trump acting as the spike protein to hack people's immune system.
semper occultus

Postby drstrangelove » Sun Sep 11, 2022 11:55 pm

interesting is this new breed of internet warrior born of social media addicts following events in Ukraine through the fog of war in real time. it has become somewhat of an epoch in the social media era. online spectators swept up in the 'meta-battle', contributing to the propaganda, believing their observations are insightful enough to warrant opsec. gonzo-propaganda. in the west we had disparaged this sort of practice with terms like 'keyboard warrior' or 'armchair general' to reinforce the "passiveness" in doing this as opposed to actually fighting, but in china they masculinized the practise with the term 'wolf warrior'. so then cue. . .

this video Rex linked, to me, is far more interesting than either donald trump or Qanon, as it appears to be the canary in the coal mine for the mass mobilisation of social media addicts in preparation for meta-war. the war beyond the war. it's one of the best pieces of propaganda i've ever seen, and appears to be coining the phrase "ghost warrior". the warriors on the battle field that can't be seen but haunt the enemy through participation in online propaganda etc. seems a bit of a misstep for them to try and formally recruit people for these efforts, when they just need to forge an identity for the role people can adopt. or perhaps this will be a sort of 'work from home' gig.

all this time i've been wondering how they'd draft people into a third world war, blindly thinking this would have to be done 'kinetically'. but really it's going to be small professional armies on the ground. mass production of autonomous military units. mass mobilisation of meta-warriors online participating in gonzo propaganda campaigns. and of course mass austerity all round.
drstrangelove

Postby Handsome B. Wonderful » Mon Sep 12, 2022 7:29 pm

I've long thought Qanon was a psy-op by the CIA, NSA, military industrial complex, take your pick. Just as the Tatarian Empire was a sociological experiment. I suspect Q was started to weed out any right-wing extremists, to build a database of any that were still not widely known. Now the establishment knows who most of them are, and they got their numbers and addresses.
Born we are the same, within the silence, indifference be Thy name
Torn we walk alone, we sleep in silent shades
The grandeur fades, the meaning never known- 'Born' Nevermore
Handsome B. Wonderful

Postby cptmarginal » Mon Sep 12, 2022 8:38 pm

That Flynn interview is a real doozy

For all the power and reach that intelligence agencies have, it is worth remembering how shit their track record is. Data is not a substitute for realistic, accurate assumptions, and when you staff your panopticon full of English majors and Mormons, you're going to fuck yourself eventually.

Bravo
cptmarginal

Postby Joe Hillshoist » Wed Sep 14, 2022 5:12 am

Joe Hillshoist

Postby Belligerent Savant » Wed Sep 14, 2022 2:10 pm

intriguing topic and well-framed intro; echo what others already conveyed.

Among other items of interest, the below bit in particular draws me in:

Wombaticus Rex » Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:11 am wrote:
I also suspect, despite his sheer box office draw, Trump will not be the vessel for that: an ex-SEAL from Yale and Harvard will be, though.

When I first looked into his pre-Governor background, it raised a signal that this is an individual being 'prepped' for lofty objectives.
I'm not suggesting it was all planned early on, but there may have been strategic guidance along the way, perhaps outside of his own purview. (all speculation at this time, of course)

In this and other respects, it appears he may become the "red" team's version of Obama.

During his campaign trail in '07 and '08 (when I was less cynical and more of an idealist), I was a fan of Obama's flourish, rhetoric, and ideals. Then he got elected, and it went downhill from there. But prior to that, he lured me in.
(this is all nothing more than conjecture at the moment)

DeSantis is giving me very similar vibes. Time will tell. And perhaps, WRex (and others) may add some color in the meantime.
Belligerent Savant

Postby Belligerent Savant » Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:41 am

Minor edit note: just realized the comment in the 2nd parenthesis, above: "(this is all nothing more than conjecture at the moment)" was left in inadvertently and should be removed/ignored.

[removed attempt at humor]
Belligerent Savant

Postby Harvey » Thu Mar 09, 2023 9:52 am

Don't quite know where to put this but it seems to sketch out connections and interactions between many of the players, cartels and scandals including Ukraine, Biden, Flynn, Rothschild, FTX, Bankman-Fried, Maxwell, Israel, Clintons, Saudi, Kissinger, Murdoch, Jim Jones, Banon, Okeefe, Eric Prince, etc, etc, shining light with specific evidence of these various strands intersecting in New Hampshire. Some of the conclusions strike me as somewhat eccentric, but it's certainly very interesting.

I'd quite like to hear what the more knowledgeable folk around here can glean from it.

And while we spoke of many things, fools and kings
This he said to me
"The greatest thing
You'll ever learn
Is just to love
And be loved
In return"

Eden Ahbez
Harvey

Blog: View Blog (20)

Postby liminalOyster » Thu Mar 09, 2023 4:23 pm

Missed this thread before, Rex. Very glad to see it as Q is now having a reckoning moment with the release of Sommer's book and other landmarks.

Both Q and Pizzagate seem like the first attempts at crowdsourcing Psy-Ops. Like both represent a new species of intervention in which just enough can be predicted about how the great masses will respond to a prompt that its worth a shot at letting that prompt loose.

PG was much more controlled and less sophisticated and had a much clearer desired effect, whereas Q feels like an experiment in creating a kind of narrative entity that will be fed by the volunteer labor of those who become addicted to it.

Presumably there's some calculation preceding it as to the likelihood of whether or not it can be taken back by its originators if need be.

But it still feels like a beta release, like a giant sandbox for observing how people choose to play with it. Or maybe all these Manichean takes on ChatGPT are overly framing my thinking....

At the barest minimum, it does seem that Q has demonstrated that 1) deep and total cultic manipulation is a viable political/electoral strategy - e.g., the phenom of people choosing to estrange from their forlorn families is common, 2) paranoia is easy to induce and feed, plus really really persistent and it doesn't take much to keep it going, 3) people on the fringe are fundamentally not political and thus can be used to great political effect - getting reiki vegans to break bread with sovereign citizens is much, much easier than expected.

To me the most interesting thing about Q is that it demonstrates that people's belief in conspiracy is a much bigger asset for TPTB than could have been expected, a lesson which seems that much more interesting when used to read backwards into history and question who has benefited from CT beliefs over the past 70 years or so.
"It's not rocket surgery." - Elvis
liminalOyster

Postby Harvey » Thu Mar 09, 2023 6:51 pm

liminalOyster » Thu Mar 09, 2023 9:23 pm wrote:Both Q and Pizzagate seem like the first attempts at crowdsourcing Psy-Ops.

Kony 2012 wasn't a psy-op?

PG was much more controlled and less sophisticated and had a much clearer desired effect

Very possibly true, but I want to check something. You are aware that a core element of RI's inquiries over the years has been that of paedophilia as a core methodology of acquiring and maintaining power, with particular regard to blackmail resulting in total control of individuals who are to be accelerated to the highest offices precisely because of their appetites, not despite them. People who do exactly as they are told, who traditionally take the heat for the policies they adopt rather than the authors of said policies, providing a necessary buffer between real power and perceived power. In return they get to indulge in their disturbing passions with total impunity.

If there is nothing at all to Pizza Gate and it was merely a way to prevent the presidency of Hilary Clinton or to distract from real paedophilia which presumably only occurs among Republican politicians, as you seem to be suggesting, then what do you assume motivated Cathy O'brien (for example, one of many) to endure mountainous ridicule from every part of the system, simply to make her allegations in relative obscurity for so many decades? It's a very simple question: why would she say anything that she says?

At the barest minimum, it does seem that Q has demonstrated that 1) deep and total cultic manipulation is a viable political/electoral strategy - e.g., the phenom of people choosing to estrange from their forlorn families is common, 2) paranoia is easy to induce and feed, plus really really persistent and it doesn't take much to keep it going, 3) people on the fringe are fundamentally not political and thus can be used to great political effect - getting reiki vegans to break bread with sovereign citizens is much, much easier than expected.

This could all be true. But have you ever considered that you may be wrong in whole or in part? I have. Have you even read RI as a whole? I haven't - but I'm trying.

To me the most interesting thing about Q is that it demonstrates that people's belief in conspiracy is a much bigger asset for TPTB than could have been expected

Is it possible that belief is optional but that facts are essential? Is it possible that Pizza Gate was simultaneously a lie and a psy-op and a poison pill and a limited hangout and an artefact of internecine rivalry among the paedophile elites and yet that it may have some basis in reality?
And while we spoke of many things, fools and kings
This he said to me
"The greatest thing
You'll ever learn
Is just to love
And be loved
In return"

Eden Ahbez
Harvey

Blog: View Blog (20)

Postby liminalOyster » Thu Mar 09, 2023 7:09 pm

Harvey » Thu Mar 09, 2023 6:51 pm wrote:

Very possibly true, but I want to check something. You are aware that a core element of RI's inquiries over the years has been that of paedophilia as a core methodology of acquiring and maintaining power, with particular regard to blackmail resulting in total control of individuals who are to be accelerated to the highest offices precisely because of their appetites, not despite them. People who do exactly as they are told, who traditionally take the heat for the policies they adopt rather than the authors of said policies, providing a necessary buffer between real power and perceived power. In return they get to indulge in their disturbing passions with total impunity.

If there is nothing at all to Pizza Gate and it was merely a way to prevent the presidency of Hilary Clinton or to distract from real paedophilia which presumably only occurs among Republican politicians, as you seem to be suggesting, then what do you assume motivated Cathy O'brien (for example, one of many) to endure mountainous ridicule from every part of the system, simply to make her allegations in relative obscurity for so many decades? It's a very simple question: why would she say anything that she says?

There's a good long thread here about the ambiguities and realities and etc of PG already. PG absorbing and agglomerating fact and fiction into one big associational chain that affected real victims is pretty clear. That's the medium of it, right?

This could all be true. But have you ever considered that you may be wrong in whole or in part?

Well yes, of course. And always about pretty much everything. I don't claim to know much, to the point it's a way of life for me. Just riffing on ideas here.

To me the most interesting thing about Q is that it demonstrates that people's belief in conspiracy is a much bigger asset for TPTB than could have been expected

Is it possible that Pizza Gate was simultaneously a lie and a psy-op and a poison pill and a limited hangout and an artefact of internecine rivalry among the paedophile elites and yet that it may have some basis in reality?

Well yeah, that's what I think pretty much. Which also then formed the basis for a kind of deployed intervention. Not clear what you think we disagree on here.
"It's not rocket surgery." - Elvis
liminalOyster

Next

Return to General Discussion