Long time no see buddies

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Long time no see buddies

Postby RocketMan » Wed Dec 27, 2023 4:25 am

Hello everyone :hug1:

I hope there's been some turnover/development on the board membership side so that there are also new regulars who don't know me...

Anyway, I have been going through some heavy duty personal development, and also major rejiggerings of my ideological foundations, so I just haven't had the bandwidth. Never considered dumping RigInt tho, just been kind of afraid to look here as world events cascade and people here write so much. Too much backlog. :jumping:

Anyway, I'm still alive, actually (paradoxically considering the state of the world) feeling better than ever.

The struggle continues, comrades. Down with imperialism.
-I don't like hoodlums.
-That's just a word, Marlowe. We have that kind of world. Two wars gave it to us and we are going to keep it.
RocketMan

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Long time no see buddies

Postby Laodicean » Wed Dec 27, 2023 5:07 pm

Good to see you back, RocketMan. Board's been a bit glitchy lately. No new faces - seems just a few are around lately.

Safe travels during the collapse and all that.

Laodicean

Blog: View Blog (16)

Postby stickdog99 » Wed Dec 27, 2023 7:54 pm

Yep. Not much discussion recently. It seems that few care to consider what has gone down over the last 3+ years.

But I am happy to see that y'all (both) are well.

Fight the power.
stickdog99

Postby BenDhyan » Fri Dec 29, 2023 7:13 am

End times are here, time for Jack to unlock his old thread and determine the winner...

Last one to post in this thread wins
Ben D
BenDhyan

Postby DrEvil » Fri Dec 29, 2023 6:43 pm

“The Earth is not dying, it is being killed. And those who are killing it have names and addresses.”

- Utah Phillips

Happy collapse everyone!
"I only read American. I want my fantasy pure." - Dave
DrEvil

Postby Belligerent Savant » Fri Dec 29, 2023 8:14 pm

Such hubris by Utah Phillips, whoever they are. Humans do not -- and will not -- threaten to "kill" the Earth. The Earth will do just fine, long after most, if not all, humans have long passed. A small subset of humans, however -- those with immense power, wealth and influence -- are absolutely, egregiously harming many other humans (and using various forms of "crisis" as justification. Including the highly fraudulent "climate crisis".)

With Respect to the OP: Cheers back at you, RocketMan.

Regarding the following:

RocketMan » Wed Dec 27, 2023 3:25 am wrote:...I have been going through some heavy duty personal development, and also major rejiggerings of my ideological foundations...

Always applaud anyone's efforts to re-assess and re-calibrate previously held beliefs/ideologies/constructs. It may or may not align with some of my own recalibrations/adjustments, but in my opinion, at least, it's increasingly important for each of us to perform periodic self-assessments from time to time, particularly in light of increasingly volatile, tribalistic, and dogmatic rhetoric coming from multiple directions.
Belligerent Savant

Postby DrEvil » Fri Dec 29, 2023 9:26 pm

Utah Phillips:

Bruce Duncan "Utah" Phillips (May 15, 1935 – May 23, 2008)[1] was an American labor organizer, folk singer, storyteller and poet. He described the struggles of labor unions and the power of direct action, self-identifying as an anarchist.[2] He often promoted the Industrial Workers of the World in his music, actions, and words.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Utah_Phillips

He's talking about the same rich people you're talking about, and they very much have names and addresses (which should be widely publicized, preferably with pictures and directions. You know, for research purposes), and he's not talking about the planet itself, but the ecosystem we currently live in and depend on, which we are completely fucking up even if you don't count climate change. And sure, the ecosystem will probably recover after we're gone (or not. See: Mars, Venus), but that's such a nihilistic and useless outlook.

What you're really saying is, once every good deed, every piece of art, music, literature and poetry, every act of love and compassion, every moment of awe, joy and wonder, every good argument and late night drinking and laughing with your friends, every child, woman and man, every trace of our existence is gone to dust and completely forgotten, things will be alright again.
"I only read American. I want my fantasy pure." - Dave
DrEvil

Postby Elvis » Mon Jan 01, 2024 2:44 pm

Hullo RocketMan! Great to see you're doing well. :yay
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Postby RocketMan » Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:59 am

The board seemed to experience some major problems but I am still here! The errors chased me away again after my initial hullo...
-I don't like hoodlums.
-That's just a word, Marlowe. We have that kind of world. Two wars gave it to us and we are going to keep it.
RocketMan

Postby SonicG » Mon Apr 22, 2024 7:50 pm

RocketMan » Mon Apr 22, 2024 1:59 pm wrote:The board seemed to experience some major problems but I am still here! The errors chased me away again after my initial hullo...

It's a pain but hitting refresh a few times seems to work! and welcome back! I too am back after a hiatus of however long...
"a poiminint tidal wave in a notion of dynamite"
SonicG

Postby Elvis » Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:45 pm

Let's get this party started! :partyhat
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Return to General Discussion