Quote Only Thread

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Of course

Postby Gouda » Thu Sep 14, 2006 12:45 pm

"Take a step back, 9/11 minutiae obsessives, and think about the other dark, defining moment of this generation -- Hurricane Katrina. We have a clear case of blatant genocide against the poor and blacks of New Orleans, who were left to die while their overlords shopped for shoes, played air guitar, and went about their business as usual as the water rose, ignoring the screams and pleas of people swimming like rats in sewer. Babies dying of thirst? Check. The elderly left to die of heat stroke in nursing homes? Check. People screaming for food and water and medicine for days while their government blocks them from crossing a bridge to safety? Check....<br><!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong><br>Katrina doesn't need a 'truth' movement, anyway. The truth is appallingly clear. Katrina, and 9/11, need a <!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>consequences</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--> movement."</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--><br><br>--Professor Pan <p></p><i></i>
Gouda

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby chiggerbit » Sat Sep 16, 2006 7:44 pm

"...Blackberry: Men have always hated us.<br> <br>Holly: No. They just destroyed the warren because we were in their way..". <br><br>-<!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>Watership Down</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--> <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p216.ezboard.com/brigorousintuition.showUserPublicProfile?gid=chiggerbit@rigorousintuition>chiggerbit</A> at: 9/16/06 8:00 pm<br></i>
chiggerbit

Postby chiggerbit » Sat Sep 16, 2006 7:53 pm

"Good evening from Havana, Cuba, the host city for what is called the Summit of Non-Aligned Nations--in short, all of the enemies of the United States, really, gathered in one room."<br><br><br>Brian Williams, 9/15, 2006 on MSNBC, <br>regarding the 118 non-aligned countries which include India, Pakistan <p></p><i></i>
chiggerbit

Postby chiggerbit » Sat Sep 16, 2006 8:08 pm

"No, I do not have remorse! I pity the people who were there. I always think of it, Brian, as being, the dropping of the atom bomb was an act of war to end a war."<br><br><br>Enola Gay navigator "Dutch" Van Kirk<br> <p></p><i></i>
chiggerbit

Postby chiggerbit » Sat Sep 16, 2006 9:01 pm

"..On one occasion, the air conditioning had been turned down so far and the temperature was so cold in the room, that the barefooted detainee was shaking with cold. ..... On another occasion, the [air conditioner] had been turned off, making the temperature in the unventilated room well over 100 degrees. The detainee was almost unconscious on the floor, with a pile of hair next to him. He had apparently been literally pulling his hair out throughout the night. On another occasion, not only was the temperature unbearably hot, but extremely loud rap music was being played in the room, and had been since the day before, with the detainee chained hand and foot in the fetal position on the tile floor. <br><br>If I read this to you and did not tell you that it was an FBI agent describing what Americans had done to prisoners in their control, you would most certainly believe this must have been done by Nazis, Soviets in their gulags, or some mad regime--Pol Pot or others--that had no concern for human beings. Sadly, that is not the case. This was the action of Americans in the treatment of their prisoners...". <br><br>-- Democratic Senator Dick Durbin <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p216.ezboard.com/brigorousintuition.showUserPublicProfile?gid=chiggerbit@rigorousintuition>chiggerbit</A> at: 9/16/06 7:58 pm<br></i>
chiggerbit

Postby chiggerbit » Sat Sep 16, 2006 9:18 pm

"...So many of the people in the arena... were underprivileged anyway, so this is working very well for them..."<br><br>Barbara Bush on Katrina victims in the Dome. <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p216.ezboard.com/brigorousintuition.showUserPublicProfile?gid=chiggerbit@rigorousintuition>chiggerbit</A> at: 9/16/06 7:59 pm<br></i>
chiggerbit

Postby chiggerbit » Sat Sep 16, 2006 9:50 pm

"....BEN-VENISTE: Nice to see you again.<br><br>RICE: Nice to see you.<br><br>BEN-VENISTE: I want to ask you some questions about the August 6, 2001, PDB. We had been advised in writing by CIA on March 19, 2004, that the August 6 PDB was prepared and self-generated by a CIA employee. Following Director Tenet's testimony on March 26 before us, the CIA clarified its version of events, saying that questions by the president prompted them to prepare the August 6 PDB.<br><br>Now, you have said to us in our meeting together earlier in February, that the president directed the CIA to prepare the August 6 PDB.<br><br>The extraordinary high terrorist attack threat level in the summer of 2001 is well-documented. And Richard Clarke's testimony about the possibility of an attack against the United States homeland was repeatedly discussed from May to August within the intelligence community, and that is well-documented.<br><br>You acknowledged to us in your interview of February 7, 2004, that Richard Clarke told you that al Qaeda cells were in the United States.<br><br>BEN-VENISTE: Did you tell the president, at any time prior to August 6, of the existence of al Qaeda cells in the United States?<br><br>RICE: First, let me just make certain...<br><br>BEN-VENISTE: If you could just answer that question, because I only have a very limited...<br><br>RICE: I understand, Commissioner, but it's important...<br><br>BEN-VENISTE: Did you tell the president...<br><br>RICE: ... that I also address...<br><br>It's also important that, Commissioner, that I address the other issues that you have raised. So I will do it quickly, but if you'll just give me a moment.<br><br>BEN-VENISTE: Well, my only question to you is whether you...<br><br>RICE: I understand, Commissioner, but I will...<br><br>BEN-VENISTE: ... told the president.<br><br>RICE: If you'll just give me a moment, I will address fully the questions that you've asked.<br><br>First of all, yes, the August 6 PDB was in response to questions of the president -- and that since he asked that this be done. <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>It was not a particular threat report.</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--> And there was historical information in there about various aspects of al Qaeda's operations.<br><br>Dick Clarke had told me, I think in a memorandum -- I remember it as being only a line or two -- that there were al Qaeda cells in the United States.<br><br>Now, the question is, what did we need to do about that?<br><br>And I also understood that that was what the FBI was doing, that the FBI was pursuing these al Qaeda cells. I believe in the August 6 memorandum it says that there were 70 full field investigations under way of these cells. <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>And so there was no recommendation that we do something about this</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END-->; the FBI was pursuing it. <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>I really don't remember, Commissioner, whether I discussed this with the president</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END-->.<br><br>BEN-VENISTE: Thank you.<br><br>RICE: I remember very well that the president was aware that there were issues inside the United States. He talked to people about this. <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>But I don't remember the al Qaeda cells as being something that we were told we needed to do something about.</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--><br><br>BEN-VENISTE:<!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong> Isn't it a fact, Dr. Rice, that the August 6 PDB warned against possible attacks in this country? And I ask you whether you recall the title of that PDB?</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--><br><br>RICE: <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>I believe the title was, "Bin Laden Determined to Attack Inside the United States.....'"</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--><br><br><br>Condi Rice in her testimony before the 9/11 commission regarding the August 6, 2001 Presidential Daily Briefing memo received at Bush's Crawford "Ranch" approximately 5 weeks before 9/11.<br><br> <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p216.ezboard.com/brigorousintuition.showUserPublicProfile?gid=chiggerbit@rigorousintuition>chiggerbit</A> at: 9/16/06 8:23 pm<br></i>
chiggerbit

Postby chiggerbit » Sat Sep 16, 2006 9:56 pm

"...The goal of Islam, ladies and gentlemen, whether you like it or not, is world domination..".<br><br>Christian Dominionist Pat Robertson on Muslim outrage over Mohammed cartoon <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p216.ezboard.com/brigorousintuition.showUserPublicProfile?gid=chiggerbit@rigorousintuition>chiggerbit</A> at: 9/16/06 8:01 pm<br></i>
chiggerbit

Postby Sweejak » Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:43 am

<!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>A command rings out within me: "Dig! What do you see?"<br>"Men and birds, water and stones."<br>"Dig deeper! What do you see?"<br>"Ideas and dreams, fantasies and lightning flashes!"<br>"Dig deeper! What do you see?"<br>"I see nothing! A mute Night, as thick as death. It must be death."<br>"Dig deeper!"<br>"Ah! I cannot penetrate the dark partition! I hear voices and weeping. I hear the fluttering of wings on the other shore."<br>"Don't weep! Don't weep! They are not on the other shore. The voices, the weeping, and the wings are your own heart."<br>-- Nicos Kazantzakis, Saviors of God: Spiritual Exercises.<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--> <p></p><i></i>
Sweejak

Re: Quote Only Thread

Postby Pirx » Wed Sep 20, 2006 10:54 am

"We are part of a symbiotic relationship with something which disguises itself as an extra-terrestrial invasion so as not to alarm us."<br>-Terrence McKenna <p></p><i></i>
Pirx

Re: Quote Only Thread

Postby dugoboy » Wed Sep 20, 2006 10:35 pm

"Non-violence is the greatest force at the disposal of mankind. It is mightier than the mightiest weapon of destruction devised by the ingenuity of man. <br><br>Destruction is not the law of the humans. Man lives freely by his readiness to die, if need be, at the hands of his brother, never by killing him. <br><br>Every murder or other injury, no matter for what cause is a crime against humanity." <br><br>- Mahatma Gandhi <p>___________________________________________<br>"BushCo aren't incompetent...they are Complicit!" -Me<br><br>"Speaking the Truth in times of universal deceit is a revolutionary act" -George Orwell<br><br>"When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it - always." -Mahatma Gandhi</p><i></i>
dugoboy

William S Burroughs:

Postby orz » Sat Sep 23, 2006 12:23 pm

<!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers.<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br><!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>Madness is confusion of levels of fact...Madness is not seeing visions but confusing levels.<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br><!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>No one owns life, but anyone who can pick up a frying pan owns death.<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br><!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>A paranoid-schizophrenic is a guy who just found out what’s going on.<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br><!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>There is simply no room left for 'freedom from the tyranny of government' since city dwellers depend on it for food, power, water, transportation, protection, and welfare. Your right to live where you want, with companions of your choosing, under laws to which you agree, died in the eighteenth century with Captain Mission. Only a miracle or a disaster could restore it.<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--> <p></p><i></i>
orz

quote only thread

Postby Moddey Screbbagh » Sat Sep 23, 2006 1:58 pm

Yeats, on his fellow Theosophists:<br><br>"They had no scholarship, and they spoke and wrote badly, but they discussed great problems ardently and simply and unconventionally as men, perhaps, discussed great problems in the medieval universities." <p></p><i></i>
Moddey Screbbagh

Re: quote only thread

Postby chiggerbit » Sat Sep 23, 2006 11:02 pm

Cats <br><br> "Do not meddle in the affairs of cats, for they are subtle and <br>will pee on your computer." -- Bruce Graham <br><br> "There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast." <br>-- Unknown <br><br> "Thousands of years ago, cats were worshipped as gods. Cats <br>have never forgotten this." -- Anonymous <br><br> "In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats." -- English proverb <br><br> "As every cat owner knows, nobody owns a cat." -- Ellen Perry <br>Berkeley <br><br> "One cat just leads to another." -- Ernest Hemingway <br><br> "Dogs come when they're called; cats take a message -- and get <br>back to you later." -- Mary Bly <br><br> "Cats are rather delicate creatures, and they are subject to a <br>good many ailments, but I never heard of one who suffered from <br>insomnia." - - Joseph Wood Krutch <br><br> "People that hate cats will come back as mice in their next <br>life." - - Faith Resnick <br><br> "There are many intelligent species in the universe. They are <br>all owned by cats." -- Anonymous <br><br> "I have studied many philosophers and many cats. The wisdom of <br>cats is infinitely superior." - - Hippolyte Taine <br><br> "No heaven will not ever Heaven be; Unless my cats are there to <br>welcome me." -- Unknown <br><br> "There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music <br>and cats." -- Albert Schweitzer <br><br> <p></p><i></i>
chiggerbit

Re:quotes only thread

Postby JD » Tue Sep 26, 2006 3:18 am

"The truth is the uncovering of a lie"<br><br>Daniel Wolf <p></p><i></i>
JD

PreviousNext

Return to L'Encyclopedie