Quote Only Thread

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Quote Only Thread

Postby erosoplier » Tue Sep 05, 2006 3:49 pm

"Evil men obsessed with ambition and unburdened by conscience must be taken very seriously, and we must stop them before their crimes can multiply."<br><br> -- President Bush, Oct. 6, 2005 <br> <p></p><i></i>
erosoplier

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby johnny nemo » Tue Sep 05, 2006 5:10 pm

<!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em><!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>"The real menace of our republic is this invisible government which like a giant octopus sprawls its slimy length over city, state and nation.</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--> Like the octopus of real life, it operates under cover of a self created screen....<!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>At the head of this octopus are the Rockefeller Standard Oil interests and a small group of powerful banking houses generally referred to as international bankers. The little coterie of powerful international bankers virtually run the United States government for their own selfish purposes. They practically control both political parties."</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--></em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--> <br><br>New York City Mayor John F. Hylan, 1922 <br> <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p216.ezboard.com/brigorousintuition.showUserPublicProfile?gid=johnnynemo>johnny nemo</A> at: 9/5/06 3:11 pm<br></i>
johnny nemo

Postby Ouish » Wed Sep 06, 2006 4:43 am

Writing is of use to the psyche only if the writer discovers something he did not know he knew in the act itself of writing.<br> -- Norman Mailer <p></p><i></i>
Ouish

Postby Ouish » Wed Sep 06, 2006 4:50 am

Paranoia? It is either the center of one's sanity or the edge of one's psychosis. You never know when it's devoted to your safety or to your ultimate breakdown.<br> -- Norman Mailer <p></p><i></i>
Ouish

Postby darkbeforedawn » Thu Sep 07, 2006 11:39 pm

“Most people prefer to believe that their leaders are just and fair, even in the face of evidence to the contrary, because once a citizen acknowledges that the government under which he lives is lying and corrupt, the citizen has to choose what he or she will do about it. To take action in the face of corrupt government entails risks of harm to life and loved ones. To choose to do nothing is to surrender one’s self-image of standing for principles. Most people do not have the courage to face that choice. Hence, most propaganda is not designed to fool the critical thinker but only to give moral cowards an excuse not to think at all.”<br><br>Michael Rivera<br> <p></p><i></i>
darkbeforedawn

Postby Rigorous Intuition » Thu Sep 07, 2006 11:48 pm

Prime Minister: So a deliberate conspiracy involving all these people?<br><br>Assistant: Yes.<br><br>PM: but no real evidence<br><br>Assistant: Of course not, that's the whole point. These people don't sit in committee and plan the downfall of elected government. They don't keep any minutes, you can't actually prove it. You just have to know how it's done.<br><br>- from <!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>A Very British Coup</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--> <p></p><i></i>
Rigorous Intuition

Postby chiggerbit » Fri Sep 08, 2006 1:36 am

"...Fiver: There's something very queer about the warren this evening... <br><br>Hazel: Is it dangerous? <br><br>Fiver: It's not exactly danger, it's... oh, I don't know. Something oppressive... like thunder...."<br> <br><br>from<!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em> Watership Down</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--><br> <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p216.ezboard.com/brigorousintuition.showUserPublicProfile?gid=chiggerbit@rigorousintuition>chiggerbit</A> at: 9/16/06 8:05 pm<br></i>
chiggerbit

Postby Rigorous Intuition » Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:01 am

"I can, therefore I am." - Simone Weil <p></p><i></i>
Rigorous Intuition

pkd again

Postby orz » Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:54 am

<!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>This, to me, is the ultimately heroic trait of ordinary people; they say no to the tyrant and they calmly take the consequences of this resistance.<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br><!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--> <p></p><i></i>
orz

Postby sijepuis » Fri Sep 08, 2006 11:46 am

I have studied the human race with diligence and strong interest all these years in my own person; in myself I find in big or little proportion every quality and every defect that is findable in the mass of the race. <br><br>-- from <!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>Mark Twain in Irruption</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--> <p></p><i></i>
sijepuis

Postby Rigorous Intuition » Fri Sep 08, 2006 11:57 am

"Jesus Christ our Saviour, what is it that he saved? Look at our pietists, the most Christian of all Christians, those pale, wicked, terror-stricken creatures, who cannot smile and who look like maniacs. They seem to carry a demon in their hearts and, mark you, most of their leaders end up in prison as malefactors. Why should their Lord have delivered them over to the enemy? Is religion a punishment, and is Christ the spirit of vengeance?<br><br>"All the ancient Gods reappeared as demons at a later date."<br><br>- August Strindberg <p></p><i></i>
Rigorous Intuition

Postby Gouda » Fri Sep 08, 2006 1:27 pm

"I just want people to tell the truth."<br><br>-- Bill Clinton <br><br>(Speaking to reporters in Arkansas on Thursday 07 Sept 2006 about ABC's miniseries, "The Path to 9/11") <br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://edition.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/TV/09/08/abc.movie/index.html">edition.cnn.com/2006/SHOW...index.html</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--> <p></p><i></i>
Gouda

Postby Gouda » Fri Sep 08, 2006 2:59 pm

”Great ideas, it has been said, come into the world as gently as doves. Perhaps then, if we listen attentively, we shall hear amid the uproar of empires and nations, a faint flutter of wings, a gentle stirring of life and hope. Some will say that this hope lies in a nation; others in a person. I believe rather that it is awakened, revived, nourished by millions of solitary individuals whose deeds and works every day negate frontiers and the crudest implications of history. As a result, there shines forth fleetingly the ever-threatened truth that each and every person, on the foundation of his or her own sufferings and joys, builds for all.”<br><br>-- Albert Camus, "The Artist and His Time" <p></p><i></i>
Gouda

Postby chiggerbit » Sat Sep 09, 2006 2:56 pm

"Stop throwing the Constitution in my face. Its just a goddamned piece of paper!"<br><br>President George W. Bush<br>2005<br> <p></p><i></i>
chiggerbit

Postby biaothanatoi » Mon Sep 11, 2006 9:54 am

Alexander Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago<br><br>In keeping silent about evil, in burying it so deep within us that no sign of it appears on the surface, we are implanting it, and it will rise up a thousand fold in the future. When we neither punish nor reproach evil-doers, we are not simply protecting their trivial old age, we are thereby ripping the foundations of justice from beneath new generations. <p></p><i></i>
biaothanatoi

PreviousNext

Return to L'Encyclopedie