Quote Only Thread

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Quote Only Thread

Postby chump » Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:26 pm

Who are you going to believe, the fake blonde with bigs tits or Stormy Daniels?

- Bill Maher
chump

Blog: View Blog (0)

Continuous badgering & belittling of other R.I. members.....

Postby Cordelia » Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:32 pm

........is reminding me of numerous variations of:

"Holding a grudge is like drinking poison and waiting for the other person to die."

The greatest sin is to be unconscious. ~ Carl Jung

We may not choose the parameters of our destiny. But we give it its content. ~ Dag Hammarskjold 'Waymarks'
Cordelia

Continuous badgering & belittling of other R.I. members.....

Postby seemslikeadream » Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:39 pm

Amen
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Re: Continuous badgering & belittling of other R.I. members.

Postby MacCruiskeen » Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:44 pm

Cordelia » Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:32 pm wrote:........is reminding me of numerous variations of:

"Holding a grudge is like drinking poison and waiting for the other person to die."

To whom are you referring? Who is "holding a grudge"? You don't say, for some reason.

Anyway: Someone -- it might be you, and it might not be you (you see, madam, two can play at your game) -- is reminding me of numerous variations of...

Soft deceitful wiles. Poisonous.
"Ich kann gar nicht so viel fressen, wie ich kotzen möchte." - Max Liebermann,, Berlin, 1933

"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts." - Richard Feynman, NYC, 1966

TESTDEMIC ➝ "CASE"DEMIC
MacCruiskeen

Postby Cordelia » Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:40 pm

^^^ Blake, beautiful, as always.

"........And throughout all Eternity
I forgive you, you forgive me.
As our dear Redeemer said:
“This the Wine, and this the Bread.”

http://www.bartleby.com/236/57.html

We may not choose the parameters of our destiny. But we give it its content. ~ Dag Hammarskjold 'Waymarks'
Cordelia

Postby chump » Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:51 pm

Am I an Idiot? Maybe the neighborhood children were right!

- Al Bundy, Married with Children
chump

Postby MacCruiskeen » Sun May 06, 2018 2:20 pm

"Attraction and Repulsion, Reason and Energy, Love and Hate, are necessary to Human existence." (William Blake)
"Ich kann gar nicht so viel fressen, wie ich kotzen möchte." - Max Liebermann,, Berlin, 1933

"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts." - Richard Feynman, NYC, 1966

TESTDEMIC ➝ "CASE"DEMIC
MacCruiskeen

Postby Elvis » Thu May 10, 2018 3:41 pm

"With Malice toward none, with charity for all, with firmness in the right"
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Postby Cordelia » Sun May 27, 2018 10:53 am

"There is no distinctly native American criminal class except Congress."

"Politicians and diapers must be changed often, and for the same reason."

~ Mark Twain ~

Cordelia

Postby Cordelia » Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:41 am

People who love literature have at least part of their minds immune from indoctrination.
If you read, you can learn to think for yourself.

~ Doris Lessing ~

The fact remains that getting people right is not what living is all about anyway. It's getting them wrong that is living, getting them wrong and wrong and wrong and then, on careful reconsideration, getting them wrong again. That's how we know we're alive: we're wrong.” Maybe the best thing would be to forget being right or wrong about people and just go along for the ride. But if you can do that–well, lucky you.”

~Philip Roth (American Pastoral) ~

Cordelia

Postby chump » Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:57 am

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politics/r ... ion-letter

Read Pruitt’s full resignation letter below.

Mr. President, it has been an honor to serve you in the Cabinet as Administrator of the EPA. Truly, your confidence in me has blessed me personally and enabled me to advance your agenda beyond what anyone anticipated at the beginning of your Administration. Your courage, steadfastness and resolute commitment to get results for the American people, both with regard to improved environmental outcomes as well as historical regulatory reform, is in fact occurring at an unprecedented pace and I thank you for the opportunity to serve you and the American people in helping achieve those ends.

That is why it is hard for me to advise you I am stepping down as Administrator of the EPA effective as of July 6. It is extremely difficult for me to cease serving you in this role first because I count it a blessing to be serving you in any capacity, but also, because of the transformative work that is occurring. However, the unrelenting attacks on me personally, my family, are unprecedented and have taken a sizable toll on all of us.

My desire in service to you has always been to bless you as you make important decisions for the American people. I believe you are serving as President today because of God’s providence. I believe that same providence brought me into your service. I pray as I have served you that I have blessed you and enabled you to effectively lead the American people. Thank you again Mr. President for the honor of serving you and I wish you Godspeed in all that you put your hand to.

Your Faithful Friend,
Scott Pruitt

chump

Postby Iamwhomiam » Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:41 pm

Iamwhomiam

Postby Iamwhomiam » Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:13 pm

If you bring forth what is within you, what you bring forth will save you. If you do not bring forth what is within you, what you do not bring forth will destroy you."
Gospel of Thomas, the Doubter
Iamwhomiam

Postby liminalOyster » Sun Aug 26, 2018 4:08 am

The Pontiff told two of the abuse survivors that 'those involved in corruption and cover up within the church are 'caca", with his translator clarifying: 'Literally filth as one sees in the toilet'.

Pope Francis during his August 2018 visit to Ireland.
"It's not rocket surgery." - Elvis
liminalOyster

Postby Elvis » Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:59 pm

From Craigslist:

We are an experimental group called Novichok searching for a 2nd drummer, our current drummer has ran into some unforeseen financial difficulties making him unavailable to practice for the coming couple of months. . .

. . . We're both in our early twenties but we'll take anyone of any age or skill level. . . .
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

PreviousNext

Return to L'Encyclopedie