Several Years Ago
67%
Uncertain
8%

Total votes : 12

Re: Didn’t Jack Palance Already Die?

Postby Nordic » Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:31 pm

justdrew » Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:57 am wrote:
Nordic » 03 Feb 2015 20:27 wrote:Incredibly, Abe Vigods is still alive.

93 according to Wikipedia.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abe_Vigoda

Btw the photo of Shirley Temple and J Edgar really creeped me out for some reason.

Probably because he has the same dress in a larger size. :clown

I think it's more because it reminds me of this:

"He who wounds the ecosphere literally wounds God" -- Philip K. Dick
Nordic

Blog: View Blog (6)

Postby BrandonD » Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:02 pm

One of the most widespread examples of this phenomenon is one that I happen to be "afflicted" by. It's kind of a ridiculous one, though.

There was a recent survey on the different types of "alternate timeline" examples, this survey attempted to find out which example had the greatest number of people who've experienced it. The one with the most people was the Berenstain Bears.

The Berenstain Bears were a popular children's book series in the 80s. I had a lot of them when I was a child, except with one crucial difference: according to my memory they were called "The Berenstein Bears" spelled with an E rather than an A. I distinctly remember this because my mom actually pronounced it like the word "stain" but it was spelled "stein", and I always thought this was strange as a little kid. So it particularly stood out for me, as well as many many other people apparently.

It still looks wrong to this day, spelling it "stain".

Lots of people with this different memory have dug out their old books only to find that their old books are also spelled "stain", and yet we all specifically remember it being spelled "stein" in our childhood.

You'd be hard-pressed to find a more ridiculous slice of random weirdness than that.
"One measures a circle, beginning anywhere." -Charles Fort
BrandonD

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby SonicG » Sun Feb 08, 2015 1:08 am

Reminds me kinda of Brendon Walsh's thing about Gene Hackman...
http://www.cc.com/video-clips/b3576o/jo ... -faking-it

If the vid is wonkey...
Spoiler:BRENDON WALSH: GENE HACKMAN

Everybody heard by now that Gene Hackman died today, right? I just made that up. I like seeing people get sad. You got sad as s**t! You didn't realize how much you love Gene Hackman until I just told you that he died! I want you to go home tonight and write a letter to Gene Hackman, tell him how much you love him. I just gave you a second chance.
"a poiminint tidal wave in a notion of dynamite"
SonicG

Postby justdrew » Sun Feb 08, 2015 2:54 am

and now for a musical answer to the question of when did jack palance die...

and how do we even really KNOW jack palance was a real person even? For all we know, THEY just hired an actor to play jack palance. :P
By 1964 there were 1.5 million mobile phone users in the US
justdrew

Blog: View Blog (11)

Postby BrandonD » Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:16 am

justdrew » Sun Feb 08, 2015 1:54 am wrote:and now for a musical answer to the question of when did jack palance die...

and how do we even really KNOW jack palance was a real person even? For all we know, THEY just hired an actor to play jack palance. :P

I really enjoyed the actor playing Jack Palance playing a cowboy in City Slickers.
"One measures a circle, beginning anywhere." -Charles Fort
BrandonD

Postby justdrew » Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:36 pm

aka Volodymyr Palahniuk. I suppose it's just a coincidence both his parents were form Ukraine. :eeyaa

and that he was born in 1919
By 1964 there were 1.5 million mobile phone users in the US
justdrew

Blog: View Blog (11)

Postby TheDuke » Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:33 am

My own personal and completely random example of the Mandela Effect is Ian McShane. I am sure after watching him one night a few years back and then looking him up online that I read obituaries and other sources that said he had died after a battle with cancer.

A couple of years later and he's still popping up in shows and movies!
TheDuke

Postby zangtang » Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:51 am

Jon Lord (keyboards) from Deep Purple died twice - which i can't explain -

but Ernst Borgnine? - hoary old fuck died twice (to my recollection - certainly died once)
- then shows up about 3 years later as the records-keeper in RED with Bruce Willis!

- and the director 'reveals' him to the audience.....the huge (bank-style) vault door opens and there standing behind it is....A man whose death i heard about on the news several years previously

- when Bruce warns him (after breaking in to Langley) about catching hell for helping him Ernst goes 'what, after the shit I've seen?.....'
zangtang

Postby Searcher08 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:53 pm

zangtang » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:51 pm wrote:Jon Lord (keyboards) from Deep Purple died twice - which i can't explain -
'

When did you think Jon had died?
(Asking as a Purple fanatic)

Curious as his (actual) death was big deal for me - felt like losing a friend.
Searcher08

Postby zangtang » Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:27 pm

well of course thats tricky!

- so just went to google to find when he did actually officially die (2012) and the 1st suggestion in the box when i've got as far as jon lord is.....'jon lord death'....but i guess thats not too woo-woo.....

obviously cant remember when i heard (if i ever did....) of his death the 1st time, but i 'seem' to recall hearing it on the radio news, anywhere between 2-5 yrs before hearing it (& seeing it, as he made the beeb news @ 10)
for the 2nd (to my mind) time in 2012.

Now i know i said much the same for Borgnine (freaked me the fuck out right there in the cinema!) so you are free to put your materialist power of pure rationality hat on - and
you'll prolly win because i'm not in a position to display any scientific exactitude here - but those fuckers died twice!!!!!

the mind & its memory play some involuted tricks on us - sometimes on a daily basis(!) but (and yeah, feel forgiven if whilst searching for rational explanation
you wonder if this correlates with.....what did you just say? - oh nothing i just had a small deja vu - what did you see - I just saw a black cat walk past & then another just like it.....etc)

these just dont feel like memory tricks or lapses (not that i know what they should feel like).....
- i'm making a sow's ear of the prose here, suffice to say some things just dont add up.

i'm off to see if they gave Borgnine a 'reprise' in RED2........
- prolly find out he's dead!
zangtang

Postby Iamwhomiam » Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:14 pm

Deep Purple was great. I loved their early work and turned my son onto them. Vanilla Fudge, too. Borgnine was credible in most parts he chose not to overplay. I kinda loved the guy.

Oh, btw, Abe Vigoda is still alive: http://www.abevigoda.com/
Iamwhomiam

Postby Iamwhomiam » Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:18 pm

Deep Purple was great. I loved their early work and turned my son onto them. Vanilla Fudge, too. Borgnine was credible in most parts he chose not to overplay. I kinda loved the guy.

Oh, btw, Abe Vigoda is still alive: http://www.abevigoda.com/
Iamwhomiam

Postby RocketMan » Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:58 am

In the name of all that is good and holy... OLIVIA DE HAVILLAND and JOAN FONTAINE are still alive?!! :eek: Well it's good of course that they're still alive but... wow. :shock2:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/race/j ... k_20150701
-I don't like hoodlums.
-That's just a word, Marlowe. We have that kind of world. Two wars gave it to us and we are going to keep it.
RocketMan

Postby jingofever » Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:43 am

RocketMan » 02 Jul 2015 06:58 wrote:In the name of all that is good and holy... OLIVIA DE HAVILLAND and JOAN FONTAINE are still alive?!! :eek: Well it's good of course that they're still alive but... wow. :shock2:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/race/j ... k_20150701

Joan Fontaine is dead in my universe. Olivia de Havilland is still alive though. Kirk Douglas too. Kirk Douglas is only a few months younger than Olivia de Havilland but it seems much less remarkable that he is still alive.
jingofever

Postby RocketMan » Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:11 am

Right you are, seems that Fontaine died last December.
-I don't like hoodlums.
-That's just a word, Marlowe. We have that kind of world. Two wars gave it to us and we are going to keep it.
RocketMan

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion