S.T.S versus S.T.O.

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

S.T.S versus S.T.O.

Postby marykmusic » Wed Feb 22, 2006 3:02 pm

This, to me, is the difference between Dark and Light.<br><br>S.T.S. is Service to Self.<br><br>S.T.O. is Service to Others.<br><br>What is the motive? Is it to appear powerful, to acquire material wealth, to be able to talk down to others? That's S.T.S.<br><br>Or rather, is it to stop the agenda of those with destruction of the Earth and all in it? That's S.T.O. This transcends the petty differences between us and concentrates on becoming more than what we are, without a power- or guilt-trip accepted or given. It's 'way beyond religion and into the realm of pure philosophy.<br><br>Discuss, please. --MaryK <p></p><i></i>
marykmusic

Blog: View Blog (0)

Good points

Postby Col Quisp » Wed Feb 22, 2006 3:06 pm

But what is there to discuss? Good vs. evil? That's not new.<br><br>STS is vital to survival, I'm afraid. Without taking care of yourself, you cannot serve others. Sorry, but that's the way it is. Besides, if we are all one, then service to self is service to others! Om, ha!<br> <p></p><i></i>
Col Quisp

Re: Good points

Postby Col Quisp » Wed Feb 22, 2006 3:13 pm

One more thing: The two are NOT mutually exclusive. I believe that Aleister Crowley put it best:<br><br>Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law...<br>and the law is love.<br><br> <p></p><i></i>
Col Quisp

Postby marykmusic » Wed Feb 22, 2006 3:28 pm

The discussion is that there is a <!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>very fine line</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--> here. Keeping oneself alive is the first rule of a firefighter, for example, because what good is dying or getting hurt trying to save someone when that ends one's future usefulness? I'm an EMT, and I won't hurt myself to save somebody else, but I'll do everything I possibly (within reason) can. That's still S.T.O. I only do volunteer First-Responder stuff; I don't work for an ambulance company or anything like that. I try to help animals that I see need it, but I won't go fix someone's mean horse (like I used to) and take a chance of being injured so I can't do what I need to do. <br><br>Anyway, my whole point is that it's all a learning experience. Self-examination. Do I want to become a better psychic simply so I can make money at it? (In Sedona, of course, where people with my skills charge $200/hour.) Or do I want to raise my awareness so I can know more, learn more, and be more useful to the planet in general?<br><br>I'd rather earn the money playing music. The awareness level of <!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>everyone</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END-->, not just mine, is being raised. Discussions such as here at R.I. do that, too, or I wouldn't put my time, thought, and energy into this. --MaryK <p></p><i></i>
marykmusic

Postby Gouda » Wed Feb 22, 2006 3:38 pm

How much of this STO vs. STS thing was developed by the LKJ & the Cassiopaeans? Where and how does this dichotomy exist in thought prior to their promulgating it all wrapped up their own context? <br><br>on edit: "<!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>where and how</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--> does" added <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p216.ezboard.com/brigorousintuition.showUserPublicProfile?gid=gouda@rigorousintuition>Gouda</A> at: 2/22/06 12:54 pm<br></i>
Gouda

Postby marykmusic » Wed Feb 22, 2006 5:01 pm

This is the most basic teaching of Magickal practice. Far pre-dates LKJ by centuries, if not longer. --MaryK <p></p><i></i>
marykmusic

Postby * » Wed Feb 22, 2006 5:07 pm

<br><!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr><!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>I believe that Aleister Crowley put it best</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--><hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br> That would be THE Aleister Crowley: taker of the left-hand path, n'est ce pas?<br><br> I'm with MaryK on this (again)<br><br><br><br> <p></p><i></i>

Postby Gouda » Wed Feb 22, 2006 5:19 pm

mkm: via Gurdjieff and Boris Mouravieff? <p></p><i></i>
Gouda

Postby marykmusic » Thu Feb 23, 2006 1:29 am

The origin of this particular phraseology is shrouded in history... it's as old as black-vs.-white-magick, I'm sure. --MaryK <p></p><i></i>
marykmusic

Postby Gouda » Thu Feb 23, 2006 8:04 am

I was just curious because I found it curious (in my limited browsing of LKJ's site) that her channeled Cassiopaeans were using these very same terms as if they were informing the group for the 1st time. In her ensuing research, she backs up what the C's were saying to her by referencing the work of Gurdjieff and Mouravieff and the 4th way stuff (<!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>inter alia</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END-->). I have not read her <!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>Ancient Science</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--> so of course, maybe there she gets into the deeper history of STO vs. STS. Anyway, I am a bit esoterically impaired and that is where I 1st saw "STO vs. STS." I have to admit I am more interested in the origins and development and uses of this phraseology than whether one is the way to go over the other. <p></p><i></i>
Gouda

STO/STS

Postby televisionchild » Thu Feb 23, 2006 3:38 pm

The phrase-acronym "STO/STS" was first put forth, as far as I know, in the Law of One series as channeled by Carla Rueckert back in '81. LKJ cribbed the phrase for her work, but it was through Carla that it originated, not Gurdjieff or Mouravieff. <br><br>The being Carla channeled who coined this phrase was Ra. Some folks consider this work to be high quality channeled material, including LKJ. <br>(www.llresearch.org)<br><br>David Wilcock takes Carla's work one step further, claiming to be the reincarnation of Edgar Cayce. He has broadly discussed the STS/STO discussion on his yahoo group "asc2k":<br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/asc2k/messages">groups.yahoo.com/group/asc2k/messages</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--> <br>www.divinecosmos.com<br><br>What Carla (via Ra), Laura (via the C's) and David (who also claims to channel Ra) all have in common in their work is a focus on a major planetary dimensional shift coming sometime right around the date of winter solstice, 2012. They each however have their own particular emphasis and angles of approach to this theme. <p></p><i></i>
televisionchild

oop

Postby televisionchild » Thu Feb 23, 2006 3:40 pm

dang butterbrain...<br><br>make that "discussed the STS/STO distinction..."<br><br> <p></p><i></i>
televisionchild

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Sat Nov 11, 2006 9:50 pm

Hey folks, I been digging into the Signs of the Times for about 6 months now and the sheer volume of material is downright exhausting. She seems to have a pretty fierce intellect -- I dig her stuff. Any major complications I should be aware of?
Wombaticus Rex

got a link

Postby MASONIC PLOT » Sun Nov 12, 2006 6:23 pm

is there a link for that Rex?
MASONIC PLOT

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Mon Nov 13, 2006 12:23 am

Wombaticus Rex

Next

Return to Spirituality