What happened?

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

What happened?

Postby ShinShinKid » Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:03 pm

I wondered where to post this. I had a hugely profound experience this weekend. I bashed my hand playing Wii, and off to the urgent care I went.
To make a long story short, I had a VERY adverse reaction to the lidocaine they were putting in my thumb...my wife says I turned a greenish-blue, and went limp, and started to convulse. She says that right before I came to, I had let out a "death rattle"...sort of a soft choking that comes from the gut...
What I experienced was well,...I am actually having trouble writing this. I get really emotional, and my heart rate skyrockets when I try to remember what happened.
I can only try to write what I felt:

I "saw" a series of very bright, vivid photographs -- some I recongnized as memories, others I did not. They flashed very quickly in front of me. And then I "felt my legs lifting out of wet Levi's". My arms as well, it felt like a wet jean jacket. I could hear my wife screaming, "Baby, come back"! It was a totally different pitch, it was very high. My wife's voice is not normally, or even abnormally a pitch like that. It was like I was hearing her voice from when she was a little girl. Anyways, more on this later. Anyone, please let me know what you think. Thanks

Edited for syntax.
Well played, God. Well played".
ShinShinKid

Blog: View Blog (26)

Re: What happened?

Postby justdrew » Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:41 am

thanks for sticking around!

sounds like hypoxia and maybe the earliest NDE phase. have you ever had lidocane before?
By 1964 there were 1.5 million mobile phone users in the US
justdrew

Blog: View Blog (11)

Postby elfismiles » Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:43 am

Wow! Sounds like an NDE to me.

Hope you are doing better.
elfismiles

Blog: View Blog (4)

Postby ShinShinKid » Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:25 pm

Thanks, I am still shaking some effects off. I don't think I went all the way "under". But I do feel like I "peered over the wall"...to use a favorite phrase of Gilgamesh.
I have had lidocane before, but that was for oral surgery, and they used an I.V. to give me a bit of a tranquilizer IIRC.
I also am now very much appreciating my wife and my constant "I love you"s, waving goodbye from the porch (even when just going to the 7-11), and just overall trying to be close.
Just wow.
Thanks again.
ShinShinKid

Postby Alaya » Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:39 am

Oh, ShinShin, I''m glad you're still with us too. I had a very bad experience in a hospital.

I still wonder if they did not slip me something like a date rape drug. Long story.

I'm just glad you're okay and yeah, small things become outstanding after a NDE if that's what it was. :hug1:
Alaya

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby ShinShinKid » Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:35 am

Thanks, Alaya --

:hug1:

I went to see my doctor yesterday. We talked about what happened, he took the stitches out. He said my initial reaction was "vaso vagal". I have something against needles, but I've had some bad medical related needle occurrences.
So anyway, he didn' t know what to make of my losing faculties, he just listened and told me to lay down next time next time I get the lidocane.
ShinShinKid

Postby Alaya » Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:20 am

I grok. Have that vaso thing too. It's well nigh impossible to find a usable vein and when the needle comes near them, they jump away or wriggle away like worms. They always have to call in the expert and then it's seven stabs before success.

:eeyaa :partyhat
Alaya

Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Spirituality