Kansan Klumology

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Kansan Klumology

Postby theeKultleeder » Fri Dec 07, 2007 6:23 pm

There is a guy who goes by the name "Kansan" on usenet who has been around awhile. I used to get a kick out of reading his weirdness on alt.magick. He has a whole psuedo-religious world view that revolves around super model Heidi Klum.

The way he strings together occult beliefs, politics, and personal delusion is a good example of what to avoid in "conspirology" or "parapolitical research."

Anyway, it's sort of kooky and fun for awhile, but his ramblings do get boring. It is hard to tell whether he is an honest-to-goodness kook, or a prankster who has woven a magnificent tapestry of joke conspiracy.

I used to live in Wichita, Kansas, from 1988 to 1993.

Because of the intense, continuing, and enduring general interest about me, I think I should reiterate the basics of my biography. My name is Nick Kaffes and I was born in Volos, Greece, on December 25, 1952. That is what the "1225" part of my screen name stands for, my birthday, December 25.

Since you mention the FBI, my immediate family was always under the surveillance of the Greek Security Police (Asphaleia), because my father Alexander had been an operative of the Greek Communist Party (Kommounistikon Komma Ellados, KKE) early in his life. As a matter of fact, the Greek Government imprisoned him for two years in the late 1940s, during the Greek civil war, because of Communist insurgency activities.

During the right-wing military dictatorship that was instituted in Greece on April 21, 1967, this surveillance by the Security Police intensified and included me, a high school student at the time. I was questioned by them on a number of occasions, but never arrested.

In 1970 I came to the U.S. and while I was in Wichita around 1990 I came to accept a conspiracy theory point of view. I started out as a left-wing conspiracy theorist, influenced by my father's Communist leanings, and in 1991 I started publishing a bimonthly newsletter titled "Contemporary Indications of a Conspiracy". One of my newsletter's targets back then was radio talk-show host Rush Limbaugh, whom I used to call "Rausch Limbach", i.e., the "Poison from Limbach".

Rush became concerned about my writings and had the FBI investigate me around 1992 to 1993. Nothing came of it, because I am a very law-abiding and peaceful person, even though my opinions can be unpopular and/or obnoxious at times.

From 1993 and 1998 I used to live in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. During this time my views shifted towards the right and when I came back to America (to Houston this time) I started my newsletter again in 1999 with an extreme right-wing point of view. I stopped publishing my newsletter in 2001.

Since that time I have become a sui generis, i.e., a very idiosyncratic
conspiracy theorist, beyond political party considerations. By now I am the world's most eminent Klumologist and my theories have more of a religious flavor, along with speculations about space aliens.

My latest evolution is wholly due to the kindness that Heidi has shown towards me and she has made me look at the world with a much more optimistic attitude. She has changed my perspective and in the Summer of 2002 I publicly apologized for the many rash statements I had made as an extreme right-wing conspiracy theorist.

By now, I also appreciate Rush Limbaugh's great talent and his work as an entertainer, even though I do not share his views.

The FBI is very much aware of where I live, because I have contacted them on a number of occasions here in Houston. I think they are doing a good job, as well as can be expected.

When I went to Saudi Arabia, I was also investigated by the Saudi
authorities for any links to international terrorist organizations (especially pro-Palestinian; they consider them a threat to the royal family) and was found to be clean. Even though I have lived under repressive regimes, i.e., the Greek dictatorship and the Saudi royal government, I have never been arrested anywhere. I am a very mild-mannered person, who just happens to have ideas different from most people and expresses them.

Heidi and I are on very good terms and she knows my address and telephone number. She has mailed to me beautifully autographed photographs of hers on three separate occasions upon my request. She knows what to expect of me and we trust each other. I always let her know of my moves concerning her in advance.

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.magi ... this+group
theeKultleeder

Postby brownzeroed » Fri Dec 07, 2007 8:15 pm

It is hard to tell whether he is an honest-to-goodness kook, or a prankster who has woven a magnificent tapestry of joke conspiracy.

Maybe both.

Thanks for putting this up. I enjoy reading this stuff.
brownzeroed

Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to General Discussion