Project Or(e) Inquisition?

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Postby Et in Arcadia ego » Mon Dec 31, 2007 9:21 am

Thank god we have Court TV to lay this thorny issue to rest!

"but I do know that you should remove my full name from your sig. Dig?" - Unnamed, Super Scary Persun, bbrrrrr....
Et in Arcadia ego

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby theeKultleeder » Mon Dec 31, 2007 9:36 am

et in Arcadia ego wrote:Thank god we have Court TV to lay this thorny issue to rest!

Glad to see you are your usual smartass self. But here is an "About the Author":

Katherine Ramsland, Ph.D. has published twenty-five books. She holds graduate degrees in forensic psychology, clinical psychology, and philosophy. Currently she teaches forensic psychology at DeSales University in Pennsylvania. After publishing two books in psychology, Engaging the Immediate and The Art of Learning, she wrote Prism of the Night: A Biography of Anne Rice. At that time, she had a cover story in Psychology Today on our culture's fascination with vampires. Then she wrote guidebooks to Anne Rice's fictional worlds: The Vampire Companion: The Official Guide to Anne Rice's Vampire Chronicles, The Witches' Companion: The Official Guide to Anne Rice's Lives of the Mayfair Witches, The Roquelaure Reader: A Companion to Anne Rice's Erotica, and The Anne Rice Reader. Her next book was Dean Koontz: A Writer's Biography, and then she ventured into journalism with a two-year investigation of the vampire subculture, to write Piercing the Darkness: Undercover with Vampires in America Today. Following that was Ghost, Cemetery Stories, and The Science of Vampires. She has also written for The New York Times Book Review, The Writer, The Newark Star Ledger, Publishers Weekly, and The Trenton Times.

Her background in forensic studies positioned her to assist former FBI profiler John Douglas on his book, The Cases that Haunt Us, and to co-write a book with former FBI profiler, Gregg McCrary, The Unknown Darkness. She has also written The Forensic Science of CSI, The Criminal Mind: A Writer's Guide to Forensic Psychology, The Science of Cold Case Files, and Inside the Minds of Mass Murderers and she pens editorials on breaking forensic cases for The Philadelphia Inquirer. Recently, she co-wrote A Voice for the Dead with James E. Starrs on his exhumation projects, and became part of the team. She also contributes regularly to Court TV's Crime Library and has written nearly three hundred articles about serial killers, forensic psychology, and forensic science. Her latest book is The Human Predator: A Historical Chronicle of Serial Murder and Forensic Investigation.
theeKultleeder

Postby Et in Arcadia ego » Mon Dec 31, 2007 10:54 am

theeKultleeder wrote:But here is an "About the Author":

Awesome! She's an authority on shitty fiction writers!

"but I do know that you should remove my full name from your sig. Dig?" - Unnamed, Super Scary Persun, bbrrrrr....
Et in Arcadia ego

Postby theeKultleeder » Mon Dec 31, 2007 3:35 pm

Still more believable than Loyd DeMause.
theeKultleeder

Postby Stephen Morgan » Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:58 pm

theeKultleeder wrote:*False memories do exist. It's a shame that the FMSF is befouled by pedo-Underwager and (who else is bad and why?)

http://www.pehi.eu/dutroux/FMSF_freaks.htm

Dinges, David F. Scientific Advisory Board Director of the FMSF who replaced Hyman. Faculty head (one of two) of the Unit for Experimental Psychiatry at the University of Pennsylvania, together with Dr. Martin Orne (who founded the unit; died in 2000). Martin Orne, a member of Scientific Advisory Board of the FMSF, has been at the center of the creation of a Manchurian candidate, has worked with Navy Intelligence, Air Force Intelligence, the Human Ecology Foundation (a major CIA funding front for MKULTRA), and almost certainly also the NSA and Army Intelligence.

Freyd, Pamela Founding executive director Wife of Peter Freyd. Stood by her husband's conclusions that her daughter, Jennifer, was imagining her childhood sexual abuse. Remained head of the FMSF after her husband resigned over the controversy.

Freyd, Peter Founding executive director Accused of childhood sexual abuse by his daughter Jennifer, who is a professor of psychology at the University of Oregon. Jennifer: "My family of origin was troubled in many observable ways... I refer to the things that were never 'forgotten' and 'recovered', but to things that we all knew about... During my childhood, my father sometimes discussed his own experiences of being sexually abused as an 11 year-old boy, and called himself a 'kept boy'" Peter Freyd graduated to male prostitution as an adolescent. At the age of 13, Jennifer Freyd composed a poem about her father’s nocturnal visits. Part of it read: "I am caught in a web. A web of deep, deep terror." The diaries of her youth chronicle the reactions and feelings (guilt, shame and terror) of a troubled girl and young woman. "My parents oscillated between denying these symptoms and feelings…to using knowledge of these same symptoms and feelings to discredit me... My father told various people that I was brain damaged." Pamela Freyd turned to her own psychiatrist, Dr Harold Lief, another advisory board member of the FMS Foundation, to diagnose Jennifer. "He explained to me that he did not believe I was abused," Jennifer recalls. Dr Lief's diagnosis was based on his belief that Peter Freyd's fantasies were strictly "homoerotic". Of course, his daughter furrows a brow at the assumption that homoerotic fantasies or a heterosexual marriage exclude the possibility of child molestation. "At times I am flabbergasted that my memory is considered 'false'", Jennifer says, "and my alcoholic father's memory is considered rational and sane... I was at home a few hours after my second session with my therapist, a licensed clinical psychologist working within an established group in a large and respected medical clinic. "During that second visit to my therapist's office, I expressed great anxiety about the upcoming holiday visit with my parents. My therapist asked about half way into the session, whether I had ever been sexually abused. I was immediately thrown into a strange state. No one had ever asked me such a question. I responded, 'no, but….' I went home and within a few hours I was shaking uncontrollably, overwhelmed with intense and terrible flashbacks." Jennifer asks herself why her parents are believed. "In the end, is it precisely because I was abused that I am to be discredited despite my personal and professional success?" Supposedly, in an electronic message from her father, he openly acknowledged that in his version of the story "fictional elements were deliberately inserted". "Fictional is rather an astounding choice of words," Jennifer observed at the Ann Arbor Conference. The article written by her parents contends that Jennifer was denied tenure at another university due to a lack of published research. "In fact," Jennifer counters, "I moved to the University of Oregon in 1987, just four years after receiving my Ph.D. to accept a tenured position as associate professor in the psychology department, one of the world’s best psychology departments…My mother sent the Jane Doe article to my colleagues during my promotion year – that is, the year my case for promotion to full professor was being considered. I was absolutely mortified to learn of this violation of my privacy and this violation of the truth." (from Alex Constantine)

Lief, Dr. Harold Scientific Advisory Board Lief was the personal psychiatrist to the Freyd family who told Jennifer he didn't believe she was sexually abused from a young age by her father. Former major in the Army medical corps. Close colleague of the co-FMSF board member Dr. Martin Orne (the MKULTRA-connected scientist with many connections to different intelligence agencies and mind control research) and consulted with him on several studies in hypnotic programming and behavioral modification experiments at the University of Pennsylvania. Past president of the Sex Information and Education Council and director of the Centre for Sexuality and Religion. His academic writing reveals an interesting range of professional interests, including a study entitled 'Orgasm in the Postoperative Transsexual.' Ross: "Who is this guy Robert Heath? Well, we are going to see him in a future slide too. My secretary has actually interviewed him, and I might go down and interview him myself at Tulane in New Orleans. He did brain electro implant research for the CIA and he would put brain electrodes in human brains for non-therapeutic purposes, and he would pour in psyllicibin(sp), mescaline, LSD, and other chemicals to see what would go tingle-tingle in the electrodes. And I will tell you more about that. He's funded by the CIA and the military. In one of his papers, he thanks Harold Lief for referring in one of his brain electrode implant research subjects."

Loftus, Dr. Elizabeth Scientific Advisory Board February 11, 1996, Toronto Star: "She is a prolific research psychologist - with no clinical experience and no expertise in child sexual abuse or traumatic memory - who criss crosses the continent as a highly paid witness for the accused. A current Psychology Today profile practically drools with admiration, not least over her cream-colored Mercedes and fancy home. Some observers estimate that, according to her own boasts, Dr. Loftus must have earned between $3 million and $5 million as an expert witness - for hire - she even testified on behalf of mass murderer Ted Bundy." After 20 years she suddenly quit the American Psychological Association (APA) in January 1996, arguing that the association was moving "far from scientific thinking and more toward therapeutic and professional guild interests." Later it turned out that in November 1995 two separate ethics complaints had been filled with the APA against Loftus. Jennifer Hoult and Lynn Crook had recovered memories of severe childhood sexual abuse, found corroborating evidence, sued their fathers, and won. Hoult's father, who was defended by Loftus, appealed the case as far as possible, losing each time. Jennifer was awarded $500,000 in damages. The rule of the APA is that no member is allowed to resign while an ethics complaint is being investigated. Supposedly, Loftus didn't know about these complaints at the moment she resigned. Interestingly, Jennifer's father became an active member of the False Memory Syndrome Foundation after the trial.

McHugh, Paul Scientific Advisory Board Dr. Colin Ross, who received many FOIA documents pertaining to US government mind control research: "Chairman of Psychiatry at Johns Hopkins who says that 100% of cases of DID are iatrogenic and says that all the DID Units should shut down. He connects over to Walter Reed Hospital because when he was in the military he did research connected to Walter Reed Hospital that is listed in his c.v. which is a major site for military intelligence work, and is directly connected into the mind control network. Now why do I have Johns Hopkins connected to MKULTRA? Because a prior Chairman of Psychiatry at Johns Hopkins named James Whitehorn was on the Advisory Board of the Human Ecology Foundation. He had Top Secret Clearance and was Witting. The Human Ecology Foundation was actually a [major] funding front for MKULTRA. So one of his immediate predecessors was directly in network with Top Secret Clearance. The research in his c.v. - and I haven't actually got the papers out and read it - that he did in the military doesn't look like mind control research. But then the whole question becomes, what are the hypotheses that account for his behaviour? Here we have an apparently relatively bright guy who is the Head of the Department at one of the leading medical schools in the world, who just doesn't get it, he thinks that all DID is iatrogenic. Is this because he is not smart enough? Doesn't seem to be a plausible explanation. Well, is it because of some sort of peculiarity of his personal experience in his psychology that we don't know about? Maybe. Maybe it's disinformation. No way to know, no way to prove it one way or another. But this is the network for the creation and the denial of the creation of the Manchurian Candidate. It is a very funny little network."
Ofshe, Richard Scientific Advisory Board Dr. Colin Ross, who received many FOIA documents pertaining to US government mind control research: "In his book, "Making Monsters" where he ridicules me as a CIA conspiracy nut who believes that the CIA has been creating MPD (which in fact is a documented fact)... Margaret Singer publishes with Joly West, and Margaret Singer publishes with Richard Ofshe, who is an expert on coercive mind control and cult persuasion techniques." Ofshe is sharply at odds with much of the American Psychological Association (APA). He has filed a suit, with Margaret Singer, for $30 million against the APA for engaging in a conspiracy to destroy their reputations and prevent them from testifying in the courtroom. Both Ms. Singer and Richard Ofshe derive a significant part of their income as consultants and expert witnesses on behalf of accused child abusers. Their complaint, filed under federal racketeering laws - tripling any financial damages - claims that members of the APA set out with repeated lies to discredit them and impair their careers. The Association denied the charges. Two courts quickly dismissed the case. The APA released a statement to the press stating that the organization had merely advised members against testifying in court on the subject of brainwashing with "persuasive coercion," and had in no way conspired to impair the careers of Ofshe, Singer or anyone else. Many in Ofshe's own profession believe him to be a world-class opportunist. He is a constant in newspaper interviews and on the talk show circuit, where he claims there is "no evidence" to support ritual abuse allegations.

Orne, Dr. Martin T. Scientific Advisory Board Dr. Colin Ross, who received many FOIA documents pertaining to US government mind control research: "In 1938, the family left Austria for the United States. And I notice in one of Martin Orne's papers that he has referenced G.H. Estabrooks' 1942 textbook, which I have read, where he describes creating Manchurian candidates for the military, so I know that Martin Orne is aware of G.H. Estabrooks' claim to have created MPD. Can I establish any better connection than that? Well lo and behold I find that G.H. Estabrooks edited a book to which Martin Orne contributed a chapter... Well, we saw in the original list of MKULTRA consultants that Martin Orne was funded through that, and had top-secret clearance. When you look at Martin Orne's C.V.-he lists in his C.V. numerous military intelligence funding sources (virtually all branches of the military) and he, in his publications, cites funding by Air Force, Army (I am pretty sure), Office of Naval Research, and Human Ecology. A reliable source informed me that he also consulted with the National Security Agency. He basically has consulted with all branches of the military intelligence and civilian intelligence network. He also has taken the position, since at least 1984 in public, that MPD is almost always an iatrogenic artifact . He has debated this vociferously at the APA annual from 1988 on, and has published a large discussion and commentary on this in the International Journal of Clinical Experimental Hypnosis [of which he was an editor for about 30 years]. His basic position is that MPD is created by the therapist. Now why would Martin Orne think this, and believe this, when he is totally connected into military intelligence? He is one of the leading experts in hypnosis, he is a friend and correspondent of and has been edited by and he references G.H. Estabrooks who was also one of the leading hypnosis experts at the same time, who was also tightly tied into military intelligence-and Estabrooks knows those other people like Milton Erickson and Hilgaard(sp) who are all totally interconnected by their common work and references."

Persinger, Michael Scientific Advisory Board Clinical neurophysicist and professor of neuroscience, whose work over the years has focused on the effects of electromagnetic fields upon biological organisms and human behavior. Persinger has long claimed
that mystical experiences, out-of-the-body excursions and other psychic
experiences are linked in some way to excessive bursts of electrical
activity in the temporal lobes. He is an adherent to the theory that UFOs are the products of geomagnetic effects released from the Earth’s crust under tectonic strain. Equipped with magnets that beam a low-level magnetic field at the temporal lobe, his "Magic helmet" effects areas of the brain associated with time distortions, and other altered states of consciousness. He is seemingly able to replicate alien abduction and other supernatural phenomena through the use of this helmet. Received $10,000 from the US Navy in 1983 to support his research. Supposedly, under Reagan, Persinger had also been employed by the National Security Agency to develop behavior modifying electromagnetic weapons under project "Sleeping Beauty." Using time-varying fields of low intensity in the ultra low frequency (ELF) range from one to ten hertz, Persinger was consistently able to make a cage of rats sick. Susan Blackmore, senior lecturer in Psychology at the University of the West of England, described her experience with Persinger's magnetic mind melding in her article entitled Alien Abduction published in New Scientist in November, 1994: "Persinger applied a silent and invisible force to my brain and created a specific experience for me. He claimed that he was imitating the basic sequences of the processes of memory and perception and that, by varying those sequences, he could control my experience. Could he have done it from a distance? Could it be done on a wider scale? Suddenly prospects of magnetic mind control seem an awful lot worse than the idea of being abducted by imaginary aliens..."

Randi, James "the Amazing" Scientific Advisory Board Most famous skeptic ever. Luminary of the Committee for the Scientific Investigation of Claims of the Paranormal (CSICOP), together with Paul Kurz, Ray Hyman (FMSF), Joe Nickell, Philip Klass, and Carl Sagan. CSICOP's magazine is the Skeptical Inquirer. Has been accused of continually manipulating the rules of his $1,000,000 reward for someone who can "prove" to him paranormal abilities exists. In other cases he has been accused of plainly refusing to investigate a case or simply not to accept what he saw as "paranormal", only as "unexplained". Has always been debunking his eternal enemy Uri Geller. February 11, 1996, Toronto Star: "What I had hesitated to mention is that the colorful Randi has been involved in a number of lawsuits. Part of the evidence brought against Randi was a tape of his telephone conversations, of explicit sexual content, with teenage boys. Randi has at different times claimed that the tape was a hoax made by his enemies to blackmail him, that he made the tape himself, and that the police asked him to make it. Whichever version is true, it's amazing indeed that such a person could be taken seriously as a scientific adviser in an organization dedicated to denying claims of child sexual abuse." This tape was played during a trial in which Randi was accused by Eldon Byrd, a good friend of Uri and a former Naval Surface Weapons Center researcher, of defamation by claiming he was known pedophile. True or not, during the trial Byrd and his team played a tape on which Randi was speaking to a small boy about sex and how much it would cost. Randi claimed it was all a setup by Byrd and the boys on the tape were prank callers. The judge wasn't so sure about that, especially because Randi voluntarily called back one of the boys after the latter told him his money was running out. It's a confusing story, but you wonder what he's doing at the FMSF.

Singer, Margaret T. Scientific Advisory Board She began to study brainwashing in the 1950s at Walter Reed Institute of Research in Washington, D. C., where she interviewed U.S. soldiers who had been taken prisoner during the Korean War. She came to Berkeley in 1958 and found herself in a prime spot to study the cult scene of the 1960s and 1970s. Studied and helped authorities and victims better understand the Peoples Temple, Branch Davidian, Unification Church and Symbionese Liberation Army cults. Director the Cult Awareness Network. It is claimed that "Dr. Singer was appalled by therapists who condition their patients to become parent abusers." Dr. Colin Ross, who received many FOIA documents pertaining to US government mind control research: "Robert Lifton also had Top Secret Clearance from the Air Force to interview these downed American pilots [Manchurian Candidates of a sort, without full amnesia for the previous identity], and there are several other people in the group there, including Margaret Singer, who wrote the book, "Cults in Our Midst" which I talked about as the foundation of the iatrogenic pathway to DID. She had Top Secret Clearance to interview these pilots as well. Margaret Singer publishes with Joly West, and Margaret Singer publishes with Richard Ofshe, who is an expert on coercive mind control and cult persuasion techniques... Who were the expert witnesses called to explain to the jury that Patty Hearst was actually a victim of coercive persuasion, mind control and brainwashing ... Joly West, Margaret Singer, Robert Lifton and Martin Orne." Died in 2003.

Underwager, Ralph Founder Used to be a Lutheran pastor. Virtual icon to the Irish Catholic lobby in Dublin. Defends people internationally who are accused of child molestation. Forced to resign from the FMSF (that he helped found) in 1993, because of a remark in an interview which appeared in Paidika, an Amsterdam journal for pedophiles. He said that it was "God's Will" when adults engage in sex with children. Told a group of British reporters in 1994 that "scientific evidence" proved 60% of all women molested as children believed the experience was "good for them."

Wakefield, Hollida Founder Wife of Underwager. Remained on the board when Underwager had to resign. She and her husband publish the journal 'Issues in Child Abuse Allegations,' written by and for child abuse skeptics.
West, Louis Jolyon "Joly" Scientific Advisory Board Shortly after he had entered University of Wisconsin, he enlisted in the U.S. Army. In the Army Specialized Training Program he studied at the University of Iowa and the University of Minnesota School of Medicine from which he graduated in 1948. During his internship at the Payne Whitney Psychiatric Clinic he became familiar with Scientology, a cult he soon considered dangerous. Transferred to the U.S. Air Force Medical Corps and five years later he was appointed Chief of Psychiatry Service at the Lackland Air Force Base, San Antonio, Texas. In this position he studied U.S. pilots and veterans after they had experienced torture and brainwashing. Chairman of the Department of Psychiatry at the University of California in Los Angeles and director of its Neuropsychiatric Institute.
Alleged persons he treated: Charles Manson, Sirhan-Sirhan, and later David Koresh. January 7, 1999, Reuters: "After examining [Jack] Ruby, the killer of President John F. Kennedy's assassin, Lee Harvey Oswald, West concluded Ruby was suffering from 'major mental illness precipitated by the stress of (his) trial.''' Member of the White House Conference on Civil Rights in 1966. For many years he fought for the abolishment of the death penalty. Member of the Scientific Advisory Board of the FMS Foundation (as reported in the FMS Foundation Newsletter, Vol 4, No. 8, September 1, 1995). Dr. Colin Ross, who received many FOIA documents pertaining to US government mind control research: "Started off as a Top Secret official for the Air Force who interviewed the American pilots who came back from Korea having been captured and brainwashed by the Communist Chinese. Joly West and Margaret Singer worked for Air Force Intelligence talking to those downed American pilots who were actually DDNOS level Manchurian Candidates. Director the Cult Awareness Network... funded under MKULTRA to study the psychobiology of dissociation. He will probably go down in history as the only person to kill an elephant at Oklahoma City Zoo with LSD... Joly West was the expert witness in the trial for Patty Hearst. Who were the expert witnesses called to explain to the jury that Patty Hearst was actually a victim of coercive persuasion, mind control and brainwashing ... Joly West, Margaret Singer, Robert Lifton and Martin Orne. So what did Joly West have to do with Vacaville? Joly West was Head of the UCLA Violence Project which was approved by Ronald Reagan when he was Governor of California, then shut down by public protest. It was spearheaded by a number of people including some people who were very interested in the history of CIA military mind control, and have written books about it. Well the UCLA Violence Project you are going to see in subsequent slides... [Joly was a] CIA and military contractor, and an expert on multiple personality and other things... he actually mentions multiple personality in his CIA proposal. He tried to set up this UCLA violence centre that was going to be funded by Ronald Reagan and Frank Irvine from the Harvard brain electrode implant team was going to come. One of the things that was going to be done at the UCLA violence project and also at Vaccaville State Prison under a separate administrative structure, but which got shut down by public protest, was that they were going to implant brain electrodes in violent sex offenders..."
Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that all was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, and make it possible. -- Lawrence of Arabia
Stephen Morgan

Blog: View Blog (9)

Postby blanc » Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:37 pm

and would you buy a second hand car from any of them? :lol:
blanc

Postby theeKultleeder » Wed Jan 02, 2008 5:52 pm

Yeah, it's a thoroughly discredited organization.
theeKultleeder

Previous

Return to General Discussion