Cloverfield

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Cloverfield

Postby nomo » Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:13 pm

nomo

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby sunny » Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:38 pm

My husband is determined to see this opening day. blergh, I can live without gargantuan robots from outer space. Or is it Godzilla-like critters, or giant wolf-men?
Choose love
sunny

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby kelley » Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:54 pm

seeing the 'cloverfield' ads in the subway recently.

they exhibit a level of tastelessness equal to something like 'hogans heroes', which granted had its moments, but i'd have to see the film first to make any further judgement.

the trailer is mildly disturbing, only because i like to think nothing surprises me anymore. i keep waiting for that to happen . . . the comments posted at the link seem incredible in their claims that this does not recall 9/11.

i mean, come on.
kelley

Postby 8bitagent » Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:10 pm

kelley wrote:seeing the 'cloverfield' ads in the subway recently.

they exhibit a level of tastelessness equal to something like 'hogans heroes', which granted had its moments, but i'd have to see the film first to make any further judgement.

the trailer is mildly disturbing, only because i like to think nothing surprises me anymore. i keep waiting for that to happen . . . the comments posted at the link seem incredible in their claims that this does not recall 9/11.

i mean, come on.

Yeah well most those people and most Americans think "Osama done it", people are morons. It's funny, during the big viral campaign, I saw people jokingly saying "is this really a giant monster movie, or is it al Qaeda again?"

Btw, the lead actor in the film is Robert Hawkings, name of the kid who shot up the Omaha Mall.

Man I pray nothing happens on 1-18-2008...we'd all have to buy Hugh dinner and drinks or something.
Last edited by 8bitagent on Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Do you know who I am? I am the arm, and I sound like this..."-man from another place, twin peaks fire walk with me
8bitagent

Postby freemason9 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:55 pm

8bitagent wrote:

i mean, come on.

Yeah well most those people and most Americans think "Osama done it", people are morons. It's funny, during the big viral campaign, I saw people jokingly saying "is this really a giant monster movie, or is it al Qaeda again?"

Btw, the lead actor in the film is Robert Hawkings, name of the kid who shot up the Omaha Mall.

Man I pray nothing happens on 1-19-2008...we'd all have to buy Hugh dinner and drinks or something.

What's supposed to happen on 1-19-08?
freemason9

Postby 8bitagent » Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:02 pm

freemason9 wrote:
8bitagent wrote:

i mean, come on.

Man I pray nothing happens on 1-19-2008...we'd all have to buy Hugh dinner and drinks or something.

What's supposed to happen on 1-19-08?

ack, sorry I meant 1-18-2008, that was the alternate name for Cloverfield and the date its coming out friday

They are pushing "1-18" virally to resonate like "9/11" subconsciously with 9/11 imagery. The studio knows exactly what they are doing and what manipulative buttons they are pressing.
"Do you know who I am? I am the arm, and I sound like this..."-man from another place, twin peaks fire walk with me
8bitagent

Postby Sepka » Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:45 pm

sunny wrote:My husband is determined to see this opening day.

Probably not opening day, but I'm definitely going to see this! I love giant monster movies :)
- Sepka the Space Weasel

One Furry Mofo!
Sepka

Postby Joe Hillshoist » Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:48 pm

If they had any balls or something it would have come out the next day.

I wanna see it tho, if only to see Cthulu much NYC.

Apparantly you can download it off some guys site (mtelly.blogspot.com), but I can't find it there.
Joe Hillshoist

Nationalism tug of war.

Postby Hugh Manatee Wins » Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:09 am

CIA-Hollywood is addressing the behavioral science concern that too many youth know they are being scammed by the USG. So they are piling on the Americana.

And this book came out last year with the most striking cover that Project Censored has ever used. Director Peter Phillips says many people have commented on it

Who will win the heart of Miss Liberty, the truthers or the liars?-

CIA runs mainstream media since WWII:
news rooms, movies/TV, publishing
Disney is CIA for kidz!
Hugh Manatee Wins

Pre-State of the Union wind-up

Postby Hugh Manatee Wins » Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:27 am

8bitagent wrote:.....
Man I pray nothing happens on 1-18-2008...we'd all have to buy Hugh dinner and drinks or something.

Cloverfield will get two weekend runs of youthful viewing
(January 18, 19, 20 + 25, 26, 27) just before the January 28
mis-State of the Union Address by un-President Bush.

These SOTU speeches are very important military recruiting speeches, a task becoming harder and harder to succeed at, so I'll bet two weekends of 'Cloverfield' is meant to tenderize the mental meat so that a bunch of young men decide to go wear their Captain America outfits in Fallujah.

Disney is CIA for kidz!
Hugh Manatee Wins

Postby Nordic » Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:24 pm

Wow. Anyone notice the link to that photo of Rummy and the superheroes?

http://www.defenselink.mil/dodcmsshare/ ... 3t-095.jpg

Nice find, Hugh.
Nordic

Blog: View Blog (6)

Re: Pre-State of the Union wind-up

Postby Attack Ships on Fire » Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:52 pm

Hugh Manatee Wins wrote:
These SOTU speeches are very important military recruiting speeches, a task becoming harder and harder to succeed at, so I'll bet two weekends of 'Cloverfield' is meant to tenderize the mental meat so that a bunch of young men decide to go wear their Captain America outfits in Fallujah.

Bullshit. The movie is being dumped in January because Paramount considered it just a monster movie back when it was being made. A low budget monster movie that, if it bombs, won't cost them much.

Now the movie studio knows that the viral marketing is huge and they stand on making a lot of money in its opening weekend. It has nothing to do with the POTUS address. Furthermore the movie's title runs counter to your word hijacking theory, doesn't it?
Attack Ships on Fire

Postby Nordic » Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:44 am

Yeah, well, in Hugh's world there's no such thing as coincidence.

He does find some bizarre pictures off military websites, though.

As far as the title, just what the hell does "Cloverfield" mean?

To me, it means the exit off the 10 freeway that takes me to my house in Santa Monica. It's a street here in Santa Monica.

But why would you call a monster movie "Cloverfield?"
Nordic

Blog: View Blog (6)

Postby Attack Ships on Fire » Fri Jan 18, 2008 2:07 am

Nordic wrote:Yeah, well, in Hugh's world there's no such thing as coincidence.

He does find some bizarre pictures off military websites, though.

As far as the title, just what the hell does "Cloverfield" mean?

To me, it means the exit off the 10 freeway that takes me to my house in Santa Monica. It's a street here in Santa Monica.

But why would you call a monster movie "Cloverfield?"

Film productions sometimes use codenames during their development or production in lieu of a title. Two examples that I can think of is the "Doctor Who" television show that used the title "Torchwood" to mask its production. The name was then used for the spinoff TV series. The second example was back when "Return of the Jedi" was filming on location in Yuma, Arizona. The production referred to the film as "Blue Harvest" to try and mask the fact that it was the new Star Wars movie.

"Cloverfield" was the title of the production during its development and shooting. At various times Paramount considered giving the movie the title of "1-18-08" or "Monstrous".

Within the context of the movie itself it is described in the film's opening that the tape recovered (which is the movie as it's filmed first-hand by a camera operator) was found in a location formerly known as Central Park and now designated "Cloverfield". The reason for this change of names is not given in the movie.

I also suspect that the makers went with the "Cloverfield" title to try and get the audience that wouldn't go see a movie named after a monster like "Godzilla".
Attack Ships on Fire

Re: Pre-State of the Union wind-up

Postby Hugh Manatee Wins » Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:14 am

Attack Ships on Fire wrote:
Hugh Manatee Wins wrote:

Bullshit. The movie is being dumped in January because Paramount considered it just a monster movie back when it was being made.

Look at that poster. That's not "just a monster movie." It's an attack on NYC. duh.

Oh, and Paramount is where that CIA mole was running things in those declassified papers from 1953 I put in the Data Dump forum. Hollywood is spooks and gangsters but spooks first and foremost since USG psy-ops for youth is critical to governance.

It has nothing to do with the POTUS address.

Bullshit right back atchya. It's an attack on NYC movie. duh.

Furthermore the movie's title runs counter to your word hijacking theory, doesn't it?

No. Who said 'Cloverfield' was a keyword hijacking? I didn't.
And I've never said that every title is a keyword hijacking. duh.

It does come trippingly off the tongue, good for word-of-mouth viral marketing.
And it doesn't seem to mean anything, good for curiousity.

Although the image of a Spring-green field is psychologically soothing but in conflict with the monster attack image evoking 9/11. Ooh. Cognitive dissonance. Also good for curiousity.

Notice that Disney also just put the Statue of Liberty on the poster for 'National Treasure.' Complete with Nicholas Cage handing us her torch. Nationalist recruting.

So what is there in the title 'Cloverfield' that might match this theme of Miss Liberty being offered to us as our responsibility on the movie poster?
"c-LOVER-field."

Yes, subliminal embeds like that are used frequently as psy-ops to take advantage of the brain's tendency to notice juxtapositions that match known objects.

When George Lucas was helping to roll back 'the sixties' and Vietnam Syndrome with 'Star Wars' he used this technique in the name of the Just Father figure, Obi-wan Kenobi.
"Obey, one can obey."

Both the military and big tobacco have researched the psychology of risk-taking in youth and sociologists have found that kids who smoke are more likely to take other risks.
In the south, where 50% of recruits come from, there is a another gateway path, chewing tobacco. Just like all those ballplayers on TV.
So who is the biggest, hairiest, most masculine character in 'Star Wars?'
Chew...bacca...the....wookie. "Chew tobacco, rookie."

But since you mentioned KH, the 'Cloverfield' character's name of "Hud" is significant and those naughty Coen brothers made 'The Hudsucker Proxy' back when H.U.D. was under investigation for 'sucking' $59 billion dollars which, according to congressional staffers, went to the CIA 'proxies' that Catherine Austin Fitts was targeted by.

And what is happening to H.U.D. now? Yup. Same 'monster sucking tentacles.'
Disney is CIA for kidz!
Hugh Manatee Wins

Next

Return to General Discussion