Colin Ross to take the Randi Challenge

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Colin Ross to take the Randi Challenge

Postby jingofever » Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:04 am

[url=http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/dallas-psychiatrists-paranormal-abilities-tested/story.aspx?guid={23087684-4B13-41B5-8B3C-16A915682834}&dist=hppr]It is what it is[/url].

Yes, the Bluebird guy. Why test him? Because, "Dr. Ross can make a tone sound out of a speaker using nothing but an energy beam he sends out through his eyes."

I've long thought this guy was a little sketchy but this shocks me. How long has he publicly claimed psychic abilities?
jingofever

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby orz » Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:44 am

I thought Randi withdrew the challenge recently?
orz

Postby chiggerbit » Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:10 am

"Once this energy is identified and captured, as I have done, then it can be studied and used for many applications in medicine and other fields," said Dr. Ross.

That's a creepy statement, when you think about this guy working with DID patients.
chiggerbit

Postby chiggerbit » Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:17 am

Isn't Ross kind of on the fringes of Scientology, as well as a member of FMFS?
chiggerbit

Postby Jeff » Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:34 am

Oh, brother.

I have Bluebird, which I've found pretty good, but I didn't know any of this about Ross.
Jeff
Site Admin

Postby American Dream » Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:39 am

chiggerbit wrote:
Isn't Ross kind of on the fringes of Scientology, as well as a member of FMFS?

I found through a quick Internet search is that Ross appeared in a Scientology DVD criticizing the use of the term "brainwashing" by the BBC in a BBC investigation of Scientology. I also saw that he accepted an award in L.A. from the Citizens' Commission for Human Rights, a Scientology front-group involved with anti-Psychiatry work.

As to the False Memory Syndrome Foundation, I don't know him to be a member, but I do know that he coauthored a book with Elizabeth Loftus of the FMSF, and that he made statements saying that some of their work was good.

What does this all tell us about Dr. Ross?

I think that Bluebird/The Cia Doctors is an invaluable book, but I sure noticed the intro where he goes to great lengths to say that old-school spooks like "Wild Bill" Donovan are A-OK with him, and claims that his main beef is only with other psychiatrists, because they took the Hippocratic Oath.

So was, Ross always compromised, or was he just sort of a loose cannon? Is he caving under pressure?

I sure don't know...
American Dream

The Great Psychiatry Scam

Postby sw » Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:55 am

edit
Last edited by sw on Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sw

Re: The Great Psychiatry Scam

Postby Jeff » Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:17 pm

sw wrote:I didn't know about this Randi thing but I don't think it was new or strange that human's have energy fields. I got the impression Ross is going down the same path that was mentioned the other day about the MIT people talking about the energy in a cell with the power of a lightening bolt.

I agree about the energy fields, but Ross's claims are extravagant and I would have hoped he would have first submitted them to verifiable and transparent testing. Like, for instance, Rupert Sheldrake has done with ESP in animals (which Randi poo-pooed as woo but could not disprove).
Jeff
Site Admin

RI takes the bait AGAIN?

Postby Hugh Manatee Wins » Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:19 pm

You took the bald lie bait YET AGAIN?
This board is becoming an X Files HINT HINT HINT disinfo relay site of gullibles who don't examine source and context and precedent.

What is your SOURCE? NOBODY.
Or more likely, disinfo spooks.

[url]http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/dallas-psychiatrists-paranormal-abilities-tested/
story.aspx?guid={23087684-4B13-41B5-8B3C-16A915682834}&dist=hppr[/url]
Last update: 9:08 a.m. EDT July 30, 2008
DALLAS, TX, Jul 30, 2008 (MARKET WIRE via COMTEX) -- During a summer of superhero blockbusters, Dallas psychiatrist Colin A. Ross, M.D. ( www.rossinst.com), is perfecting a superpower of his own.

Is there just possibly a reason to both discredit Ross and use him for viral marketing of something else?
:roll:

Just opened last week and opens tomorrow in Britain-

There's a disinfo website and an internet campaign from the late 1990s that tries to make us believe that election fraud-exposing James Collier is into exposing "the moon landing hoax!"

Why? Because James and Ken Collier were whistleblowers on years of massive election fraud with a book called "VOTESCAM. THE STEALING OF AMERICA."
http://www.amazon.com/Votescam-Stealing-James-M-Collier/dp/0963416308
http://www.constitution.org/vote/votescam01.htm

When the internet gave them some visibility, the same internet was used to discredit them with W.O.O.

That's what W.O.O. is for, smearing people.

Was The Apollo Moon Landing Fake?
Moonfakers at work for Collier's magazine ..... I've looked over the arguments used by believers of a moon landing hoax and they are rather solid and rooted ...
www.apfn.org/apfn/moon.htm - 95k - Cached - Similar pages - Note this

Apollo Moon Landing hoax conspiracy theories - Wikipedia, the free ...
An article in the German magazine Der Spiegel places the Moon hoax in the context of ...... James M. Collier (d. 1998) - American journalist and author, ...
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apollo_Moon_Landing_hoax_accusations - 206k - Cached - Similar pages - Note this

Fake-moon
Invariably, the Moon Hoax advocates will compare these lunar images to flat, .... Most of these claims come from James Collier's "Was it only a paper Moon? ...
www.lunaranomalies.com/fake-moon.htm - 43k - Cached - Similar pages - Note this

Was It Only a Paper Moon (Apollo hoax) (James M. Collier) (1997 ...
Jul 4, 2008 ... Was It Only a Paper Moon (Apollo hoax) (James M. Collier) (1997).avi TORRENT DOWLOAD HERE, Was It Only a Paper Moon (Apollo hoax) (James M. ...
btjunkie.org/.../4432c700b5fb76a440c07d13ad886103e377b2c32e38 - 36k - Cached - Similar pages - Note this

Was It Only a Paper Moon Apollo hoax James M Collier 1997 avi ...
Was It Only a Paper Moon Apollo hoax James M Collier 1997 avi torrent download at Movies - Fulldls.
www.fulldls.com/torrent-movies-1115485.html - 15k - Cached - Similar pages - Note this

Quick assistance - Cassini and Moon hoaxes [Archive] - Bad ...
Oct 5, 2005 ... [Archive] Quick assistance - Cassini and Moon hoaxes Conspiracy Theories. ... James Collier's Was It Only a Paper Moon? makes the claim that ...
www.bautforum.com/archive/index.php/t-33231.html - 17k - Cached - Similar pages -
Note this

Was It Only a Paper Moon (Apollo hoax) (James M Collier) (1997 ...
Was It Only a Paper Moon (Apollo hoax) (James M. Collier) (1997).avi.torrent. To start this P2P download, you have to install a BitTorrent client like ...
www.mininova.org/tor/1534344 - 14k - Cached - Similar pages - Note this

Was It Only a Paper Moon (Apollo hoax) (James M Collier) (1997 ...
Jun 24, 2008 ... Choose from Was It Only a Paper Moon Apollo hoax James M Collier 1997 avi torrent sources listed at bitDig.com to download Was It Only a ...
www.bitdig.com/.../download-1167245/Was ... 7-avi.html - 26k -
CIA runs mainstream media since WWII:
news rooms, movies/TV, publishing
Disney is CIA for kidz!
Hugh Manatee Wins

Re: RI takes the bait AGAIN?

Postby nomo » Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:25 pm

Hugh Manatee Wins wrote:This board is becoming an X Files disinfo relay site of gullibles who don't examine source and context and precedent.

That's rich, coming from you.
nomo

Postby Hugh Manatee Wins » Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:27 pm

nomo wrote:
Hugh Manatee Wins wrote:This board is becoming an X Files disinfo relay site of gullibles who don't examine source and context and precedent.

That's rich, coming from you.

Oh yeah. And this board has a troll problem, too.
CIA runs mainstream media since WWII:
news rooms, movies/TV, publishing
Disney is CIA for kidz!
Hugh Manatee Wins

Postby nomo » Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:29 pm

Again, that's rich, coming from the guy who necessitated a fucking change of rules here. Seriously Hugh, if there's so much wrong with this board, why not start your own?
nomo

Postby barracuda » Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:38 pm

Hugh Manatee Wins wrote:You took the bald lie bait YET AGAIN?

Could you clarify? Are you saying the OP is simply a smear on Colin Ross to discredit his Bluebird research?

p.s. I can't think of anything more tired than another X-Files film. Booooooooooring.
The most dangerous traps are the ones you set for yourself. - Phillip Marlowe
barracuda

Postby Jeff » Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:42 pm

Hugh Manatee Wins wrote:You took the bald lie bait YET AGAIN?
This board is becoming an X Files HINT HINT HINT disinfo relay site of gullibles who don't examine source and context and precedent.

One of the rules I ask members to observe is that they not imply another member is a "disinfo agent." I guess I need to extend that to general insinuations about the board as well.

Hugh, please don't do that again.

FWIW, the source of the story is a press release issued by the Colin Ross Institute:

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/d ... aspx?guid={23087684-4B13-41B5-8B3C-16A915682834}&dist=hppr

Also, FWIW, I've just emailed the Ross Institute asking for confirmation that it's the source of the story.
Last edited by Jeff on Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jeff
Site Admin

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:47 pm

Hey Hugh, I asked you in another thread and you never addressed it, so I'll pose it again: what reasons do you have for distrusting Dean Radin?

Does he have a nefarious past or suspicious connections? Can you point out where he's been decietful? Because it seems to me he's an honest and rigorous scientist whose interests overlap with some of your pet keywords. Is there an actual reason?

Also -- do you dismiss psi phenomena as altogether false?
Wombaticus Rex

Next

Return to General Discussion