WMD 'painful blot': Colon Bowell

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

WMD 'painful blot': Colon Bowell

Postby emad » Sat Sep 10, 2005 12:00 pm

Powell admits his Iraq WMD claim is 'painful blot'<br>By Francis Harris in Washington<br>(Filed: 10/09/2005)<br><br>Colin Powell, the former US secretary of state who told the United Nations that Saddam Hussein was concealing weapons of mass destruction, said yesterday that the assertion will always be a "painful blot" on his record.<br><br>During a lengthy television interview with Barbara Walters, the doyen of the serious interview, Mr Powell tried to explain how the West had made mistakes in the run-up to war.<br><br>Asked whether the statement about WMD tarnished his reputation, the former general responded: "Of course it will. It's a blot. I'm the one who presented it on behalf of the United States to the world and [it] will always be a part of my record. It was painful. It's painful now."<br><br>The soldier-statesman made a dramatic and detailed presentation to the UN security council a month before the invasion of Iraq in March 2003. It relied on the extensive use of intelligence material which later turned out to be inaccurate.<br><br>That fuelled allegations from Europeans and American liberals that, as the moderate face of a hardline administration, he had allowed himself to be misused.<br><br>But yesterday he was unwilling to apologise or blame other senior figures. In particular, he refused to attack George Tenet, the former CIA director whose agency provided him with poor information during a week-long briefing before his security council speech.<br><br>"He didn't sit there for five days with me misleading me. He believed what he was giving me was accurate
emad

Blog: View Blog (0)

Blot?

Postby Ferry Fey » Sat Sep 10, 2005 12:12 pm

Blot?<br><br>It's so drenched in blood that the background can't be seen.<br><br>Out out, damned Spot. And Barney too.<br><br> <p></p><i></i>
Ferry Fey

Re: Blot?

Postby dbeach » Sat Sep 10, 2005 12:20 pm

once read on a way out site<br><br>powell is the voodoo godfather of Haiti<br><br>what is means??? <p></p><i></i>
dbeach

Re: WMD 'painful blot': Colon Bowell

Postby Qutb » Sat Sep 10, 2005 12:34 pm

Voodoo godfather? Who knows. But his father came from Jamaica I think. <br><br><!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>Instead he blamed intelligence officers further down the chain of command, who harboured doubts about the quality of the West's intelligence but remained silent.<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br>Now that's a lie, isn't it Mr Powell?<br><br> <p><!--EZCODE FONT START--><span style="color:black;font-family:century gothic;font-size:x-small;"><!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>Qutb means "axis," "pole," "the center," which contains the periphery or is present in it. The qutb is a spiritual being, or function, which can reside in a human being or several human beings or a moment. It is the elusive mystery of how the divine gets delegated into the manifest world and obviously cannot be defined.</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--></span><!--EZCODE FONT END--><br><br></p><i></i>
Qutb

Postby DrDebugDU » Sat Sep 10, 2005 12:40 pm

> Now that's a lie, isn't it Mr Powell?<br><br>Mr Powell has already proven that he is an excellent liar, because the whole UN WMD speech was an immense pack of lies. I must say that he executed it brilliantly. It was a meeting with all the heads of state from all over the world, millions of people watching it on television and with a straight face he packed lie upon lie. That takes some guts. <br><br>I really think that there are very few people capable of doing what Mr. Powell did that day... however it does mean that we can't really consider anything he says reliable because he can lie with a completely straight face... <p></p><i></i>
DrDebugDU

Postby Qutb » Sat Sep 10, 2005 1:20 pm

It is beyond doubt that he knew it was complete bullshit at the time. Now, he senses that the Bushistas are going down, perhaps, and tries to distance himself. But it's an extremely limited hangout. Blaming the rank and file CIA is also very cheap.<br><br>I don't know about straight face, I could tell he was lying when I saw the UN speech back in 2003. He just didn't seem convinced that people would buy the bullshit. Which they didn't, for the most part, outside the US. <p><!--EZCODE FONT START--><span style="color:black;font-family:century gothic;font-size:x-small;"><!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>Qutb means "axis," "pole," "the center," which contains the periphery or is present in it. The qutb is a spiritual being, or function, which can reside in a human being or several human beings or a moment. It is the elusive mystery of how the divine gets delegated into the manifest world and obviously cannot be defined.</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--></span><!--EZCODE FONT END--><br><br></p><i></i>
Qutb

Postby chiggerbit » Sat Sep 10, 2005 2:13 pm

I saw Barbara's interview with Powell, and she kept asking one leading question after another, and each one he answered almost with this attitude of "Yeah, yeah, yeah, whatever you say, bitch", at each question. It was clear he was lying his ass off. He is an opportunistic, ambitious fink. Because of him, Daddy Bush never got charged in Iran/contra. Covering his own ass, too, I suppose. See? W. does not always "take care of" the loyal subjects. Powell got pushed out. <p></p><i></i>
chiggerbit

Postby chiggerbit » Sat Sep 10, 2005 2:16 pm

Heeheehaahaa, just got it. So I'm a little slow. Colon Bowell!!! <p></p><i></i>
chiggerbit

Colon Bowell

Postby Peachtree Pam » Sat Sep 10, 2005 2:22 pm

He's been a dirty player for a long, long, time. He was in charge of the cover-up of the Mai Lai massacre in Vietnam.<br><br>He's in the shit up to his eyeballs, a BIG-TIME "player". <p></p><i></i>
Peachtree Pam

More info

Postby Peachtree Pam » Sat Sep 10, 2005 2:41 pm

Some background on honorary "knighthood" the prohibition of which (the 13th amendment) was replaced by the amendment against slavery?????????????????????<br><br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.the7thfire.com/Politics%20and%20History/13th-Amendment.html">www.the7thfire.com/Politi...dment.html</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--> <p></p><i></i>
Peachtree Pam

13th amendment

Postby somebody » Sat Sep 10, 2005 3:05 pm

The fog is lifting. Thanks, Pam <p></p><i></i>
somebody

Return to Iraq