US planes strike 10 times near Syria border

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

US planes strike 10 times near Syria border

Postby DrDebugDU » Tue Sep 13, 2005 5:04 pm

Welcome back to the real world. Since the press is focused on New Orleans<br><br><!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr><br>US planes strike 10 times near Syria border<br>From: Reuters From correspondents in Ramadi, Iraq<br>September 14, 2005<br><br>US aircraft struck insurgent targets in the Iraqi town of Karabila, near the Syrian border, more than 10 times overnight, a hospital source said.<br><br>"American aircraft have struck the city of Karabila more than 10 times," the source said.<br><br>...<br><br>Iraq and the United States have complained that arms and fighters are being smuggled across the border with Syria for deployment in cities across Iraq. The Baghdad government closed the Syrian border in places on Sunday.<br><br>The US ambassador to Iraq, Zalmay Khalilzad, said: "Our patience is running out with Syria".<br><br><!--EZCODE LINK START--><a href="http://www.news.com.au/story/0,10117,16599897-38201,00.html">www.news.com.au/story/0,10117,16599897-38201,00.html</a><!--EZCODE LINK END--><br><hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br><!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr><br>Bush Seeks to Pressure Syria Over Lebanon, Iraq<br><br>Washington (VOA) -- President Bush says he is trying to bring more international pressure on Syria to stop blocking emerging democracies in the Middle East and to secure its border with Iraq.<br><br>President Bush says Syria must change its behavior when it comes to blocking democratic reforms in Lebanon and allowing terrorists to cross the border into Iraq.<br><br>Following meetings with Iraqi President Jalal Talabani, Mr. Bush said Syria can do a lot more to prevent the flow of foreign fighters into Iraq.<br><br>"These people are coming from Syria into Iraq and killing a lot innocent people. They are trying to kill our folks as well," said Mr. Bush. The president says he will discuss the issue of Syria with world leaders meeting in New York this week for the United Nations General Assembly.<br><br>...<br><br>If Syria does not, Mr. Bush says President Bashar al-Assad will find himself increasingly isolated. "The Syrian leader must understand that we take his lack of action seriously, and the government is going to become more and more isolated as a result of two things," added Mr. Bush. "One, not being cooperative with the Iraqi government in terms of securing Iraq, and two, not being fully transparent about what they did in Lebanon."<br><br><!--EZCODE LINK START--><a href="http://www.aina.org/news/20050913143854.htm">www.aina.org/news/20050913143854.htm</a><!--EZCODE LINK END--><br><hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--> <p></p><i></i>
DrDebugDU

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: bush UN speech tomorrow

Postby seemslikeadream » Tue Sep 13, 2005 5:07 pm

bush speech to us Thursday <p></p><i></i>
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Re: US planes strike 10 times near Syria border

Postby Qutb » Tue Sep 13, 2005 5:07 pm

WHEN will it be enough? What do they imagine they accomplish with this? Jeesus. The idiocy of it. Let's bomb Karbala ten more times, maybe that'll teach the terr'ists. <p><!--EZCODE FONT START--><span style="color:black;font-family:century gothic;font-size:x-small;"><!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>Qutb means "axis," "pole," "the center," which contains the periphery or is present in it. The qutb is a spiritual being, or function, which can reside in a human being or several human beings or a moment. It is the elusive mystery of how the divine gets delegated into the manifest world and obviously cannot be defined.</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--></span><!--EZCODE FONT END--><br><br></p><i></i>
Qutb

Thanks, Seems

Postby Qutb » Tue Sep 13, 2005 5:13 pm

for the heads-up on Bush's speech to the UN. <p><!--EZCODE FONT START--><span style="color:black;font-family:century gothic;font-size:x-small;"><!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>Qutb means "axis," "pole," "the center," which contains the periphery or is present in it. The qutb is a spiritual being, or function, which can reside in a human being or several human beings or a moment. It is the elusive mystery of how the divine gets delegated into the manifest world and obviously cannot be defined.</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--></span><!--EZCODE FONT END--><br><br></p><i></i>
Qutb

Postby DrDebugDU » Tue Sep 13, 2005 5:15 pm

> What do they imagine they accomplish with this?<br><br>Just speculation:<br><br>Create a sustainable war for the coming decade. While the public is focused on New Orleans, it's the perfect time to start escalating the war into neighboring territories, just like Kissinger did with Cambodia.<br><br>The war in Iraq is slowing down slightly. Even though there are still continous car bombs and other fights, it is not as fierce as it used to be a couple of months ago, so it's time to move into new territory and since Iran is a bit too much, Syria could be the best addition. <p></p><i></i>
DrDebugDU

Postby dbeach » Tue Sep 13, 2005 5:16 pm

burn the village to save it<br><br>there was a report that the Military was snoopin around the border..about 2 wks ago..so this is not too surprising...<br><br>probe first with the coverts ,then bomb ,..then ground troops..,then declare victory and send in Hallbutton<br><br>create the problem<br>offer solutions<br>complicate the problem<br>profit from each step<br><br>REPEAT<br><br> <p></p><i></i>
dbeach

Syria & Gaia Man

Postby coincidence » Tue Sep 13, 2005 5:18 pm

Again real or from the script? Gaia stopped posting end of July, recently restarted. I believe this was from the early to middle of July.<br><br>Iraq<br><br>For Iraq I see only 1 important place.<br>THE HIDDEN PORTAL! Desperate searching, late discovery. The war will last. From there the American boy, will cross the border to Syria.<br>They will be attacked in the back from Iran.<br>The other Great War then wil start, and go over the planet. It will reach Europe and USA.<br>2012 will be a turning point.<br> <p></p><i></i>
coincidence

Re: U.S. Envoy: Syria a Terrorist Hub for Iraq

Postby seemslikeadream » Tue Sep 13, 2005 5:23 pm

<!--EZCODE LINK START--><a href="http://www.theledger.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050912/API/509120776" target="top">www.theledger.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050912/API/509120776</a><!--EZCODE LINK END--><br><br>By ANNE GEARAN<br>AP Diplomatic Writer<br>WASHINGTON<br>The Bush administration's top envoy in Iraq warned Monday that U.S. "patience is running out" with Syrian interference across the border, and refused to rule out either a military strike or punishment through the United Nations.<br><br>Syria has become a hub for terrorists, as young, would-be terrorists travel unmolested through the Damascus airport on one-way tickets, U.S. Ambassador to Iraq Zalmay Khalilzad said. The United States also accuses Syria of turning a blind eye to terror training camps on its soil.<br><br>"Our patience is running out, the patience of Iraqis are running out. The time for decision ... has arrived for Damascus," Khalilzad told reporters at the State Department.<br><br>The tough talk is part of a U.S. campaign to increase pressure on Syria in several foreign capitals and at the U.N. General Assembly this week in New York.<br><br>Syria's alleged role in exporting terrorism or political repression to Iraq, the Palestinian territories and Lebanon is a subject of Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice's discussions with several leaders at the U.N. gathering.<br><br>State Department spokesman Adam Ereli echoed Khalilzad later Monday.<br><br>"What we're looking for is, as Ambassador Khalilzad said, is a decision by the government of Syria to get serious about preventing its territory from being used by insurgents and others bent on destabilizing Iraq and killing innocent Iraqis."<br><br>Khalilzad is in Washington to accompany Iraqi President Jalal Talabani as he visits the White House and meets with members of Congress.<br><br>The diplomat offered no proof for what he called blatant interference by Syria in Iraq's democratic development, and would not spell out what consequences Damascus might face.<br><br>Asked specifically about reproach from the U.N. Security Council or possible military action, Khalilzad had the same response: "All options are on the table."<br><br>With U.S. military force stretched thin by the ongoing war in Iraq, a large-scale invasion of neighboring Syria is unlikely. The United States or an ally could launch air strikes on suspected terrorist camps or other sites, however.<br><br>The U.N. Security Council could also chastise Syria or impose sanctions. At the urging of the United States and France, the Security Council last year voted to issue a strong denunciation of Syrian influence over neighboring Lebanon, and called for an immediate withdrawal.<br><br>Most of the guerrilla forces battling U.S. troops and Iraqi army and security forces are part of an indigenous insurgency dominated by disaffected Sunni Arabs. By U.S. estimates, foreign fighters make up less than 10 percent of the opposing force.<br><br>U.S. military commanders say the foreign forces are more likely to carry out suicide bombings, making them far more dangerous than their numbers might indicate. Iraqi leaders also claim that most if not all those foreigners are entering Iraq across a porous Syrian border.<br><br>"The Syrians have to stop sending destruction to Iraq," Iraq Defense Minister Sadoun al-Dulaimi said in Baghdad. "We know the terrorists have no other gateway into Iraq but Syria."<br><br>A Syrian Foreign Ministry official reacted angrily Monday, rejecting the Iraqi claim as "absolutely untrue." The official SANA news agency in Damascus did not name the official it quoted as saying, "Iraqi officials are fully aware that Syria is exerting all-out efforts to control the borders."<br><br>Syria announced new measures to crack down on border infiltration in July, and has complained that U.S. and Iraqi forces have mistakenly shot at Syrian soldiers trying to police the border.<br><br>The Bush administration's rhetorical pressure on Syria over Iraq is similar to last year's effort to dislodge Syrian troops from Lebanon. Syria first ignored the United Nations demand, but did pull its troops out this spring after weeks of anti-Syrian street demonstrations and political turmoil.<br><br><br> <p></p><i></i>
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Re: I don't believe Gaia, but there is some truth to it

Postby DrDebugDU » Tue Sep 13, 2005 5:28 pm

If the US attacks Syria then there is a chance of Iran moving into Iraq and then it becomes very fragile.<br><br>However it will not spread to Europe or the US (the US is even harder) unless.. Turkey gets involved. The wildcard is Turkey which has been quiet for a long time now and has not intervened into Iraq, however if the Americans are going to have serious problems in Iraq then there is a likelyhood of Turkey getting involved in the war.<br><br>And Turkey is not a backward country as far as their military powers go. They have the second largest army in NATO, the most airplanes (and F16s as well) after the US and for the past decades they have acquired the best weapons from NATO including all kinds of stuff which they aren't allowed to have and the idea of the Ottoman Empire is very much alive.<br><br>Fit for military service: <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>11,965,262</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--> males (!!)<br>Military expenditure: $12.155 billion (=5.3% GDP)<br><br><!--EZCODE LINK START--><a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_of_Turkey">en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_of_Turkey</a><!--EZCODE LINK END--> <p></p><i></i>
DrDebugDU

Yes

Postby Inanna » Tue Sep 13, 2005 5:37 pm

Isn't that the way everything is done by this administration? Attack on one flank while people are preoccupied with the other.<br><br>Now I'm seeing why Bush "took responsibility." It will get some of his base back on board and make a Syria war easier. <br><br>I don't know if any of you have heard of Donn Grand de Pre. He was a Colonel in the armed forces. He said Syria would be a different deal. Not sure what that means/meant, but I got the impression the military (according to him) is not going to continue to fight these neocon wars. <p></p><i></i>
Inanna

who will we outsource to?

Postby Dreams End » Tue Sep 13, 2005 9:35 pm

If the US is busy bombing Syria, who are they going to outsource the torturing of kidnapped "terrorists" to? US Bases are right out, as too many soldiers are STILL carrying cameras, despite several stern memos. <p></p><i></i>
Dreams End

Return to Iraq