buzzing humanoid tale

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

buzzing humanoid tale

Postby judas disney » Wed Oct 11, 2006 5:58 am

enjoy...<br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.ufobc.ca/Beyond/prayingmantis.htm">www.ufobc.ca/Beyond/prayingmantis.htm</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.ufobc.ca/Beyond/prayingmantis2.htm">www.ufobc.ca/Beyond/prayingmantis2.htm</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--> <p></p><i></i>
judas disney

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: buzzing humanoid tale

Postby judas disney » Wed Oct 11, 2006 6:29 am

more, including the buzzing of bees & some very interesting details<br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.ufobc.ca/Beyond/prayingmantis3.htm">www.ufobc.ca/Beyond/prayingmantis3.htm</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--> <p></p><i></i>
judas disney

The Pee Wee Veg.

Postby Colonel Mustard » Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:46 pm

Colonel Mustard

Postby Joe Hillshoist » Fri Aug 31, 2007 4:46 am

cheers
Joe Hillshoist

Jane & Jim

Postby Cosmic Cowbell » Tue Oct 16, 2007 11:39 am

I find Jim's description of Figures appearing/disappering from a Glance of light, wearing shimmering garments with gold medallions on their chest very reminscent of one of Jane Lead's diary entries dated January 6. 1700.

§. XXIV. About Three a Clock in the Morning, I was awaken’d with a Sound as of many Voices, harmonizing together as in one Voice; saying Arise; up to your Watch-Tower: for there is a great Day that is drawing near, for Expectation of what is ensuing upon and after the opening of the 1700th ,ear, which belongs to, and is to be understood by those only, that have past the First and Second Watch, and are entering upon the Third; as the Break of a new springing Morning, that shall rise brighter and lighter, till the whole Earth shall be fill’d; for many Stars out of this Orb shall rise in order hereunto; and go forth and appear to lead the way into Wisdom’s All-plenteous and Blissful Land. As I was considering These Voices from whence they did sound, I had a sudden Glance of Light broke forth, and saw numerous Figures appearing in shining Garments of a Silver brightness, with Golden Shields on their Breasts and Vials of Golden Oil in their Hands. And in a silent inquiry of my Mind what these were? It was Answer’d, They are Holy Watchers sent down from the Heavens, to pour out the Consecrated Oil, into those Vessels that were Sanctuary proof, that so they might be enabled to hold out the Third Watch, with those of the Higher Order: who did further note to me " That some Persons and Families that were found under this Vow of Consecration, and watchful Sequestration, their high Faith should Unite withal, and secretly Assist and Support their Hands to hold out the Probation-Hour. For it was said to me, That must of necessity be, before the Mighty Deeds and Works, that are to usher in the great Dominion of Christ’s Kingdom, can be brought forth.

Again, Jane's religious interpretation is not my own but yet understandable without modern day Ufological context. I find interesting the comment "what these were" rather than "who these were". Also of interest is the familial/genetic corollary with modern day abduction accounts. They say it runs in the family (see Strieber and Son, Salter and Son, etc)It is also the third such report I've read of such entities with golden objects/medallions/shields on their chest appearing and/or disappering from a glance/flash of light. From UFO Roundup dated August 11, 2004:

MANTIS ALIENS SPOTTED IN FORT SMITH, ARKANSAS

On Wednesday, August 4, 2004, at 10 p.m., eyewitness A.T. and his girl friend were lying on the grass in Kay Rodgers Park, just off Midland Boulevard in Fort Smith, Arkansas (population 80,268) when they spotted two aliens nearby.

"My girl friend and I were hanging out at a local park when we saw two figures walk out of the bushes about 10 feet (3 meters) away from where we were sitting. They wore grey or off-white tunic-style outfits. They had shiny bronze or gold medallions on the center of their chest or shoulder. They had (praying) mantis-like heads and made strange clicking noises. Their eyes would change from blood red to neon green."

"We stood there staring at each other for five or six minutes, when they disappeared into a white light. Both were approximately 7 feet (2.1 meters) tall, but the one of the left was a few inches short. They appeared from the south (the Harper Stadium area--J.T.) at an average walking speed." (Email Form Report)

http://www.ufoinfo.com/roundup/v09/rnd0932.shtml

You'll note that the description of the Arkansas entities match exactly those reported by Jim G. It's possible that the report was a hoax based on someone reading Jim's account but factoring in the 307 year old (and extremely obscure) description given by Jane Lead of her heavenly "watchers", one has to wonder.

~C
Cosmic Cowbell

Postby jingofever » Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:57 am

Jim says he saw a mantis looking alien wearing a glowing purple cloak (and provided a neat drawing as well) and the editor of the website points to another account of a mantis wearing a purple cloak (case number 103. There are other reports of cloaked figures there as well.):

A man visiting a friend's house and sleeping on the sofa in the bedroom suddenly woke up feeling very panicky and totally unable to move. Looking towards the front door he saw a huge humanoid figure over 7 ft tall standing by the door. The figure resembled a large "praying mantis" and was wearing something resembling a black and purple cloak. Its skin was dark gray in color. It slowly approached the witness and reached out to him with a large hand with long thin fingers and grabbed his shoulder. At this point the witness lost consciousness and does not recall anything else of the incident. He remembered also feeling very cold during the encounter.

Doing a little search I found this:

I would first like to state that I don't think I was abducted by aliens. I would also like to state that I'm normal and do not take any medication. I graduated from college and majored in business Smile . The most intense SP experience I had was back in the mid 1990's. I clearly saw a being standing in the corner of my room looking at me. I've had numerous episodes when I saw figures of mist floating around, but this one was the most clearest vision that I ever saw. The figure was gray skined with the solid black eyes, just like the stereotypical alien. He had long silver hair and was wearing a sparkling purple cloak that was squared off at the shoulders. It was the most vivid image that I've ever seen.

I was talking with my brother about it several years later. He had the same experience in 2000. He saw the stereotypical alien standing over him. He was gray skined with the black eyes, but had no hair. My brother said the figure he saw was also wearing a purple sparkling cloak that was squared off at the shoulders. We both thought that was amazing.

Of course this could all be a clever hoax by one person (or not so clever by giving one of the figures long silver hair). Or Jim could have cribbed from the earlier source. One tell might be that he refers to a cloak. Why not a robe? Because technically the mantis alien in the drawing is not wearing a cloak but a robe. I might just be more fashion conscious than the average person and that possible tell could be a trivial quibble but I try to be hypersensitive to fraud with things like this. Cosmic Cowbell called Jim a friend in another thread so maybe he can vouch for him. Either the early account is source material for Jim, the descriptions are all from the same person, or they are remarkable confirmations of this phenomenon. I don't really have an opinion on what is the truth.

A couple of things Jim describes are similar to things our very own professorpan has written about (I'm not accusing Jim of ripping of pan here):

His melatonin experiment when he woke up with a hand print on his chest which is similar to Jim waking up with bruises in the shape of a hand print.

His "Attempted manipulation of UFO manifestations" is similar (if not essentially identical) to Jim's conjuring of a UFO.

The melatonin experience is interesting because of its relation to DMT. Under that drug people can have experiences similar to those experienced by Jim. A lot of users report a similar buzzing sound or sensation (in fact this shows up in many boundary experiences.) DMT users can even see "large praymantis[sic]":

I held my breathe for what seemed like 5 seconds, then exhaled, half way through exhaling i was blasted onto my back and everything i previously saw was exploded into a mixture of very unusual hyper shapes that are undescribable[sic], and colours i can never imagine. This then proceeded to take me into a alien space ship type room, with 2 'beings' that resembled large praymantis. They knew i was there, i do not know how i knew this, i just 'felt' it, i was like a particle of air to them, yet i could sense they didnt[sic] want me there and were not happy of my presence, but never the less they tollerated[sic] me.

DMT users also report various other entities, sometimes vague fractal crystalline beings which I don't think ever pop up in abduction accounts (though they do remind me of Tholians.) Strassman documented other similarities between abductions and DMT experiences. I think the most curious aspect of many trip reports is that the entities express surprise that the tripper has appeared. It could all be in your head as Steven Kent says but the similarities seem important.

Cosmic Cowbell, you mentioned that you have encountered mantis aliens. Can you elaborate on your experiences?
jingofever

Postby Cosmic Cowbell » Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:25 pm

Micah Hanks c/o UFO Mystic.....

Balls, Tripods, and Giant Fractal Mantoids

A Pennsylvania man now says he can mark seeing an alien off his bucket list, as reported at the MUFON UFO Stalker live event feed. The strange story involves not one, but three weird entities: an amorphous glowing ball of plasma, a H.G. Wells-esque “tripod” creature, and a fractal mantoid the likes of something from one of Terence McKenna’s DMT trips (those familiar with psychedelic literature and, more specifically, modern pharmacology, may know that there is a greater potential link between all three of these creatures… but I get ahead of myself, as usual).

The report reads as follows:

On 8-15-2009 at 2:45am I was buzzed for about 5 seconds by a 4 foot round luminescent orb on the roof of the building that I work in, in Philadelphia . It materialized about a foot away from me, blocking my way and making a buzzing sound, it then took off and dematerialized in approximately a 6 feet distance. At this time I decided to turn around and leave the roof. I found a photo of the object here.

“About an hour later at 3:45am I was walking through a machine room on the roof, near the same location of the orb, when I encountered a 3 foot tall triped creature. It was standing by an electrical transformer looking up at the conduits. I observed it for about 30 seconds from a distance of four feet before it turned around and noticed me. I was looking down at it! It had a beautiful baby blue eye which was moving rapidly, just one, a long eye lid and rubbery looking legs with bulbous feet.

“I could see it was starting to panic because it started stomping his feet like a mad skunk or jumping up and down and making a high pitch squeaking sound almost like a cats toy. I was blocking it’s way to the open roll up door leading to the roof behind me. I put up an open hand in a gesture to let it know that I wouldn’t hurt it and backed up towards a different part of the machine room, away from it’s path to the door, but kept my eye on the creature. I watched it walking down the isle slowly when it started to move. It stopped where I had turned to get out of its way, it then turned and looked me over for a couple of seconds. I couldn’t help myself and started to laugh at it. I felt like a child who saw a monkey for the first time or something! I got the impression that it was thanking me but I think I also offended it because it started to leer at me and it’s eye changed to a lighter color. I could be wrong, it may have took a bow! The triped then took off running in the direction of the door disappearing behind machinery in the area. I didn’t feel threatened in any way by this creature but I was quite sure that cornering it was a bad idea! In hindsight of this encounter I’m left with a feeling a of wonder. The buildings electrical generator was permanently shut down about a year ago.

“On this same morning I’m doing my paper work in the control booth, and a larger than man sized Praying Mantis comes up to the window and just stairs at me for about a minute. I did not feel comfortable with this encounter considering the nature of this kind of insect. I sat there and didn’t move a muscle until it left. I have also heard screeching sounds in the roof machine room, in the direction of the roll up door which made my hair stand up on the back of my neck around the same time for 2 nights.”

Indeed, “fractal mantises” are common, strangely, in both UFO abductee accounts, as well as descriptions of “alien” beings encountered by users of the powerful drug dimethyltryptamine (DMT). My friend Emperor over at the Cabinet of Wonders site gives us a little background on this: “While there have been reports of mantis-like entities before, like the Mantis Man of London, the mention of the mantis rang a bell (with me), as encounters with praying mantis-like insects are common in DMT trips, as described by Clifford Pickover. Endogenous DMT has been suggested as a cause for a range of strange experiences and it may be the mantis is pointing this out to us.”

What Emps means when he describes “Endogenous DMT” has to do with the strange fact that the stuff, while known to man as one of the strongest hallucinogens on the planet, is actually produced in our bodies, most likely in the pineal gland. This theory, proposed by pioneering psychedelics researcher Dr. Rick Strassman M.D., might explain a variety of strange things that correlate with the appearance of mantises, as well as spindly “stick figures” like the Pennsylvania witnesses’ “tripod”.

For instance, the research of Dr. Michael Persinger resulted in the theory that electrical stimulus to the human brain can (and often does) cause hallucinations that present the sensation of a “presence”. Conducted in sound proof rooms where test subjects wore helmets that induced strong electric fields, many nonetheless described hearing noises and sensing a presence in the room with them. Persinger found that his subjects also experienced noticeable drops in production of Melatonin, a tryptamine produced in the brain that regulates sleep and sex drive. This research got me thinking along the lines that electrical phenomenon might indeed be the key to triggering that “endogenous” pineal release of DMT (which I must also add, to my knowledge, was first proposed by Strassman also in his book DMT: The Spirit Molecule). This would explain bizarre instances where people suffering from conditions like Electrical Hypersensitivity and Multiple Allergy (EHMA) seem to have trippy encounters with “aliens” while working near strong electric fields: they literally may be “tripping” on small amounts of DMT released into the bloodstream as a result of drastic changes in electric fields in their environment. But how exactly could an EM field cause such a thing to occur?

Strassman pointed out to me several months ago that (in theory) we might assume that since EM fields cause a temporary shutdown of Melatonin production, “latent metabolic pathways” might in turn be opened, allowing a substance like DMT an un-hindered path into cerebro-spinal fluids. It’s also worth discussing here that Melatonin and DMT are chemically very similar. If we already know Melatonin is produced in the brain, it stands to reason that DMT is also, and such theories (though merely theories, at present) are correct.

That being said, let’s take a closer look at one or two of the points the Pennsylvanian makes in his report:

“About an hour later at 3:45am I was walking through a machine room on the roof, near the same location of the orb, when I encountered a 3 foot tall triped creature. It was standing by an electrical transformer looking up at the conduits. I observed it for about 30 seconds from a distance of four feet before it turned around and noticed me.”

It could be assumed by his distance from the tripod creature (four feet) that he was also close to the electrical field being emitted by the transformer, which the creature was standing next to. Again, electric fields may play into the appearance of the Mantis, having occurred the same morning:

“On this same morning I’m doing my paper work in the control booth, and a larger than man sized Praying Mantis comes up to the window and just stairs at me for about a minute. I did not feel comfortable with this encounter considering the nature of this kind of insect. I sat there and didn’t move a muscle until it left.”

If indeed the witness were to suffer from the effects of EHMA or a similar condition, and as illustrated in the theories outlined above, this might allow EM fields to trigger an endogenous release of DMT, it’s no surprise our contactee witnessed something so similar to entities reported by DMT users. It is also noteworthy that “spindly stick-people” were also common during Strassman’s DEA-approved clinical studies with patients to whom he administered large doses of DMT in the early 1990s. Might the “tripod” seen earlier the same day qualify as a “spindly stick-person?” One final point:

“I have also heard screeching sounds in the roof machine room, in the direction of the roll up door which made my hair stand up on the back of my neck around the same time for 2 nights.”

Strange noises were commonly reported in Persinger’s studies also. Joshua Warren and I have discussed on a few occasions the notion that roll-up doors and other spinning objects made of plastic or similar materials might be capable of producing strong static charges, capable of emitting a powerful static electric field that might cause nausea, disorientation, or presumably, the same sorts of effects described in the Strassman and Persinger studies. Along these lines, Emperor also notes that “The mention of the buzzing sphere in proximity to electrical equipment, reminds me of the numerous cases we have looked at involving electrical UFOs or plasma spheres. The appearance of the triped could be the result of the sphere’s impact on the brain.” For more of his fine commentary on this subject, visit his original post by clicking here.

I’ll end this with a couple of quotes from two of my favorite researchers in this field of study; in his book Sex, Drugs, Einstein, and Elves, Clifford Pickover ponders the same: “Why do so many people using DMT see insects? The DMT insect race comprises ‘larval beings,’ ‘alien space insects,’ praying-mantis entities and so forth. Why so many visions of insects?” Daniel Pinchbeck describes a similar experience a friend of his related to him after a powerful DMT trip:

A being had shown him its whirring praying mantis legs, he said. He saw a female entity sitting at something that looked like a computer. He told us how he had set free a praying mantis when he was five. The praying mantis had turned to look back at him before it hopped away, and at that moment he knew, with complete and utter certainty.

He knew that the mantis knew him.

The Gralien Report

The only thing I would comment on re the analysis put forth by Hanks is the statement by the "experiencer" towards the end of the account that "The buildings electrical generator was permanently shut down about a year ago. "

The idea that DMT production can be stimulated or facilitated by EM fields is probably valid, but I think it's a stretch here if the generator wasn't generating. Maybe I missed something?

I've also stated a hypothesis here long ago that assumes:

A) The entities are physical rather than imaginal.

B) They have been here for a long time (the Mantis is often described as "ancient" in vibe.)

C) They have manipulated human DNA and may have had a hand in it's inception (the 2001 hypothesis).

D) DMT causes visions of the Mantis because that's what it's genetically programmed to do.

An alt- theory I'm not totally enamored with but hey, when the going gets weird...speaking of weird, I'm curious to know what motivated JF to comment here two days after the event described above.
For some reason I don't feel it was coincidental.
"There are no whole truths: all truths are half-truths. It is trying to treat them as whole truths that plays the devil." ~ A.N. Whitehead
Cosmic Cowbell

Postby Joe Hillshoist » Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:04 pm

Cowbell I know what I've said re alien mantids elsewhere, but perhaps I should elaborate a bit.

One specific thing I rememeber about my encounter was that the mantid was red and black. I think T McKenna describes experiences with mantids that were red and black that had many similarities with my experience.

Also in the context of them behaving badly. IIRC his partner at the time had a horrible contactee experience where mantids attacked her from "hyperspace" or Psyberspace or somewhere, and attacked her with some sort of beam weapon that burnt her. Her actual body temperature rose alarmingly and TM put her in a bathtub and poured cold water over her to lower her temp. he said the experienc felt to him like an actual threat on her life.

They were tripping on shrooms or dmt at the time, but he felt the contact he experienced was with a specific "other race" of extrterrestrial creatures in the context of them having designs on a planet he just had a vision of.

Now that may be well and good and be worth taking at face value. Its an interesting story on its own, or it could be some subconsciously constructed psychodrama that is entirely self generated, or even serves as a structure to mask an even weirder and harder to process contact type experience.

I dunno. Its how I reflect on what happened to me.

And I also reflect on the fact that my experience could be entirely coloured by reading about McKennas before it happened to me. Its covered in one of the later chapters of True Hallucinations, which I read a few years before my experiences, but I was pretty familiar with it.

So I'd like to emphasise that I wouldn't treat any alien mantid critter I came across with the same aggression I woulkd treat the ones with that kind of red and black colouration/marking that I recognise.

I would be very cautious about them tho.

And If I actually physically met one, I'd want to be armed with a gun or a big fucking samurai sword. Even if I didn't have to use it.

Thats all from an "in the moment" perspective.

Looking at it all objectively(ish) I'd say the endongenous melatonin/dmt connection is pretty significant.

My experience happened at 5 am, just after going to bed after a long night listening to music and talking shit. It was the winter (june here) solstice, and I often wonder if the solstice had anything to do with it. I am sure the timing did.

And am fairly confident that it was an endogenously derived experience. I think I have had a few of those. Its interesting to speculate that it may be endogenously derived, and if so, what is actually going on? Cos it sure feels like an interaction with an other, and often has correlations, even possible causations on real-time-real-space events.

One thing about the "shamanistic" (for want of a better word) interpretation of all this that never, well rarely, gets discussed in this context is totemism.

Most indigenous people who practice totemism as part of their religious thing view the relationships between their totem animals and themselves in an "as above so below" sort of light.

They would be likely to meet spirits of the creatures whose totem they belong to. Is this something to do with whats going on with the mantid critters? Is it reflecting a totemic relationship in a technological culture?

IE There is no doubt that humanity was destined to be a technological culture, cos here we are being one. Has this relationship always reflected that. Some of our greatest challanges as a species have come from our mastery of technology.

Also worth considering is praying mantis styles of fighting, eg mantis sStyle Kung Fu. It has a specific name I can't remember off hand. Mantid style strikes often seem to be the most effective from a POV of understanding chi movement (at least imo). I can't seperate the concept of chi or body energy from these experiences. Even the abduction experience I had. It was the absence of normal "chi" in how I was trying to move that initially made it difficult to "get back to my body". Consciousness and movement are usually associated with the body.

I always found actual "conscious" movement when out of my body to be difficult until I got the idea of it. But the shock of that experience made me feel I was till in my body, even tho I clearly wasn't. My body was in my bed, next to my wife, who was awake at the time, and aware of something weird in the air but nothing physical.

Which leads me to wonder if the whole idea of paralysis in alien abduction (and even possibly sleep paralysis as a whole) is tied to the way people percieve their ability to move as being directly tied to their body. In fact percieve their ability to percieve as being directly tied to their body.

Would explain why abductions seem so physical even tho they may not always be physical events. (I am not talking about staged abductions by milabs and the liek either, because they don't account for everything.)

That in itself raises all sorts of issues for humans in general. If your ability to be self aware and your identity is so tied to your body then you have no chance at "life after death" cos what you identify as is your body, which will begin to rot and decay and feed worms and bugs and bacteria. Or burn or something.
Joe Hillshoist

Postby jingofever » Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:37 pm

Cosmic Cowbell wrote:The only thing I would comment on re the analysis put forth by Hanks is the statement by the "experiencer" towards the end of the account that "The buildings electrical generator was permanently shut down about a year ago. "

The idea that DMT production can be stimulated or facilitated by EM fields is probably valid, but I think it's a stretch here if the generator wasn't generating. Maybe I missed something?

I've also stated a hypothesis here long ago that assumes:

A) The entities are physical rather than imaginal.

B) They have been here for a long time (the Mantis is often described as "ancient" in vibe.)

C) They have manipulated human DNA and may have had a hand in it's inception (the 2001 hypothesis).

D) DMT causes visions of the Mantis because that's what it's genetically programmed to do.

An alt- theory I'm not totally enamored with but hey, when the going gets weird...speaking of weird, I'm curious to know what motivated JF to comment here two days after the event described above.
For some reason I don't feel it was coincidental.

It was your post here that got me curious about it. And it's not just DMT that makes mantises pop up. This page includes hashish, mushrooms and ketamine. I think the most interesting one is the hashish experience at the top.

I was lying on what seemed to be a large marble slab, cold and hard. Surrounding me were four tall(7' ?) emerald green mantis type creatures, all chittering at me in some high pitched language(?). I felt no fear, no threat. It seemed they were trying to communicate, though none of their sounds made any sense to me. This went on for what seemed like about a half hour. Then I began to wonder how I would get back, and as that thought crossed my mind, it was like a rubber band contracting, as I snapped back from hyperspace, and into my body. Overhead, the fan continued its' lazy circles.

Full report is here.
jingofever

Postby Cosmic Cowbell » Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:51 pm

jingofever wrote:It was your post here that got me curious about it.

I kinda thought so...

A bit of follow up on the "Mantis Man of London" referenced in the Hanks piece.

"My friend Emperor over at the Cabinet of Wonders site gives us a little background on this: “While there have been reports of mantis-like entities before, like the Mantis Man of London, the mention of the mantis rang a bell (with me),"

Referenced from here...

"Take for instance the Mantis Man of London, a weird apparition that visited a ‘Jim’ on the night of January 16th 2004 as he slept. He was awoken by a strange clicking noise and was alarmed to see a freakish cloaked humanoid, standing around five-feet in height with a head like a praying mantis. The being blasted the terrified man with a beam of light, sending all manner of confusing messages to his brain. The spectre then vanished, leaving behind it a purple vapour trail."

http://londonist.com/2007/07/the_saturday_st_7.php

Guess who?

Thanks for all that Joe. I'm grateful our interaction brought it out of you...and that you felt it easy enough to share.
"There are no whole truths: all truths are half-truths. It is trying to treat them as whole truths that plays the devil." ~ A.N. Whitehead
Cosmic Cowbell

Return to Data & Research Compilations