Domino Theories

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Domino Theories

Postby chiggerbit » Wed Jan 11, 2006 6:48 pm

I just came across a site that listed all the Vietnam deaths from my state, and it dawned on me as I read it, that the theory that got us in a quagmire there is a reverse (sort of) of the one that has gotten us involved in Iraq, namely that domino theory. In Vietnam, the theory went, if we didn't keep control there, that whole part of the world would go down to communism like a big domino spill. Now, in Iraq, the theory goes, if we could just give the heathens a taste of true democracy and FREEDOM with maybe a dash of true Christian witnessing, the entire Middle East would fall before our feet, with their masses asking, even begging us for a taste of what we have to offer.<br><br>How many times do we have to do this before we learn? My heart breaks reading that long, long list. How long is this new list going to be before the people come to their senses? Maybe we should all start buying sets of dominoes, and start a mountain of them somewhere to make the point, or start using clip art of dominoes and attach to our emails as an icon for idiocy. <br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://ftp.rootsweb.com/pub/usgenweb/ia/state/military/vietnam.txt?o_xid=0022468880&o_lid=0022468880&o_xt=22468880">ftp.rootsweb.com/pub/usge...t=22468880</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--> <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p216.ezboard.com/brigorousintuition.showUserPublicProfile?gid=chiggerbit@rigorousintuition>chiggerbit</A> at: 1/11/06 3:52 pm<br></i>
chiggerbit

Blog: View Blog (0)

dominos

Postby darkbeforedawn » Thu Jan 12, 2006 1:19 am

Unfortunately, those who died for "nothing" mean less than nothing for those who sit on such boards as The Carlyse group and shill for those companies with names suchas Halliburton and Dyncorp. Sadly, much money is made off these wars. Our deaths and our children's mean nothing to those who line their pockets with the lucre. That is what people have to see. THESE people incite these wars using false reasons, any reasons, because they are going to make money. WHen the poor sots who make up the rest of the population finally get it maybe they will stop throwing themselves into it all with such abandon....but probably not. Warfare seems to just be our nature. <p></p><i></i>
darkbeforedawn

Re: dominos

Postby chiggerbit » Tue Jan 24, 2006 3:03 pm

My word, these people sure do love their domino theories:<br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.nationalreview.com/ledeen/ledeen">www.nationalreview.com/ledeen/ledeen</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br>200601231246.asp<br><br>by Michael Ledeen <br>January 23, 2006, 12:46 p.m.<br>The Road to Tehran...<br>Assad’s fall will have a domino effect. <br><br> <p></p><i></i>
chiggerbit

Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Iraq