Interesting headline

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Interesting headline

Postby NewKid » Thu Mar 16, 2006 6:42 am

<!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr><!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>American</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--> arrested with <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>arms</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--> in Iraq, official says <br><br><br><br><br>BAGHDAD (Reuters) - An American described as a <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>security contractor</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--> arrested by police in a northern Iraqi town was carrying <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>weapons</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--> in his car, a provincial official said. <br><br> <br>Abdullah Jebara, the Deputy Governor of Salahaddin province, told Reuters the man was arrested in Saddam Hussein's hometown of Tikrit on Monday. He <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>was removed from the provincial government building by U.S. forces</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--> on Tuesday, Jebara said.<br><br>The Joint Coordination Center between the U.S. and Iraqi military in Tikrit said the man, whom it described as a security contractor working for a private company, <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>possessed explosives which were found in his car</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END-->. It said he was arrested on Tuesday.<br><br>The man, driving a BMW, was stopped by police for violating a daytime curfew in Tikrit, a security source said. <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>American security personnel rarely travel alone.</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--><br><br>A spokesman for the major crimes unit in Tikrit said the man was first brought to their headquarters <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>but they refused to take him into custody.</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--><br><br>The arresting police were told to take the man to the provincial council building, the spokesman said, <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>where he was taken by American forces.</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--><br><br>U.S. officials had no immediate comment. <hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br><br><br><!--EZCODE LINK START--><a href="http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060314/us_nm/iraq_american_dc_4" target="top">news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060314/us_nm/iraq_american_dc_4</a><!--EZCODE LINK END--> <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p216.ezboard.com/brigorousintuition.showUserPublicProfile?gid=newkid@rigorousintuition>NewKid</A> at: 3/16/06 3:54 am<br></i>
NewKid

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Interesting headline

Postby chiggerbit » Thu Mar 16, 2006 12:48 pm

I see you have a weird sense of humor, too. <p></p><i></i>
chiggerbit

Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Iraq