what can you do to stop the war ? sign a petition

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

what can you do to stop the war ? sign a petition

Postby havanagilla » Mon Mar 20, 2006 8:18 pm

<!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.support-majed.info/indexENG.html">www.support-majed.info/indexENG.html</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br><br> A trial captured by paranoya <br>On the judicial process and sentencing of Arab psychologist Majed Kana'aneh<br><br> We are colleagues from all areas of the mental health professions: psychologists, psychiatrists, social workers and psychotherapists. We wish to support our associate, the Arab psychologist Majed Kana'aneh. Majed was charged and trialed for breaching state security. In Feb. 2004 he was found guilty and sentenced to ten and a half years imprisonment plus conditional four years. The appeal will be heard in March 2006. <br><br>We wish to caution and protest the obvious demonizing orientation towards of the facts’ interpretations apparent throughout the trail!<br><br>We are horrified by the ease with which Majed was accused of the most severe crimes and the obvious distortions and one sidedness of the indictment. We protest the extreme hostile position reflected in the verdict, with no consideration of the man and his circumstances. <br><br>Despite the sensitivity of the security issues, we strongly protest the weakening of elementary judicial standards and lack of basic humane perspective and balance when it comes to trying an Arabic citizen! <br><br>Throughout the trail the prosecution was focused on drawing a grim picture of our friend Majed Kana'aneh as a dangerous, subversive person, who acted knowingly and deliberately against Israel ’s security. To our dismay, this line was accepted fully by the court, without sufficient criticism or consideration. It was obvious that the court was inclined to be persuaded easily by the prosecution; any information that could potentially question or disprove their claims was dismissed. <br><br>We accompanied Majed throughout the trail, attending those sessions which were open to the public. What we heard there, including the judges' reasons for the sentence, imply a dynamics of paranoid anxiety, which has no place in an enlightened court of law, and shouldn't be the basis of sentencing and condemning any man.<br><br><br>--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<br><br> We hereby appeal to you, to add your voice to the following call: <br><br>· I add my voice in supporting the psychologist Majed Kana'aneh <br>· I join the call to correct the wrong which was done to him by the incited, discriminating judgment and verdict.<br>· I join the call to reexamine the evidence and the verdict with a balanced, honest attitude.<br><br> <br><br>please note: the petition will not be sent to the supreme court, but forwarded to the relevent public figure<br> <p></p><i></i>
havanagilla

Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Iraq