Why is there no news about the HUGE Ammo Dump fires?

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Why is there no news about the HUGE Ammo Dump fires?

Postby NavnDansk » Mon Oct 16, 2006 10:31 pm

=we are supposed to believe that not one single soldier died in the attack on the Ammo depot last week???<br><br>=And with all of those killed there are countless injured<br>May your prayers by with them as well<br><br>=I don't believe it. Not when 5,000 troops were stationed at a ammo depot/ army base - and the base blew up 5 days ago with not one report of an injury or casualty.<br><br>But, I have heard rumors from my local VA that the number is undercut by creative accounting. Those that are being transported to medical care or evac, or who die of their injuries in Germany or other locations, are not considered "war dead" and are not reported on. (I drop off bags 'o books every so often. and I can tell you, the anti-Bush crowd in the VAs is huge) <br><br>=Their take-Nothing to see, move along <br>My take-unmitigated disaster just before the election. If anything gets out it would spell doom for the neocons.<br><br>=Not a word hmmm <br><br>=Have you notice the casuality count, its going up real damn fast I read on here that we lost 7 today. 7 people who were head and shoulders above any in the bush* crime cabal.<br><br>=. the deaths are leaking out slowly...<br> <br>I am sure that anyone killed in an attack like that would be buried in releases like this...<br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://icasualties.org/oif/prdDetails.aspx?hndRef=10-20...">icasualties.org/oif/prdDe...f=10-20...</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br>Date Total Name Place of Death - Province Cause of Death<br>15-Oct-2006 7 | US: 7 | UK: 0 | Other: 0<br>US NAME NOT RELEASED YET Salah Ad Din Province Hostile - hostile fire<br>US NAME NOT RELEASED YET Salah Ad Din Province Hostile - hostile fire<br>US NAME NOT RELEASED YET Kirkuk - At-Ta'mim Hostile - hostile fire<br>US NAME NOT RELEASED YET Kirkuk - At-Ta'mim Hostile - hostile fire<br>US NAME NOT RELEASED YET Baghdad (north of) Hostile - hostile fire - IED attack<br>US NAME NOT RELEASED YET Al Anbar Province Hostile - hostile fire<br>US NAME NOT RELEASED YET Al Anbar Province Hostile - hostile fire<br>14-Oct-2006 5 | US: 5 | UK: 0 | Other: 0<br>US NAME NOT RELEASED YET Baghdad (south of) Hostile - hostile fire - IED attack<br>US NAME NOT RELEASED YET Baghdad (south of) Hostile - hostile fire - IED attack<br>US NAME NOT RELEASED YET Baghdad (south of) Hostile - hostile fire - IED attack<br>US NAME NOT RELEASED YET Al Anbar Province Hostile - hostile fire<br>US Airman 1st Class Leebenard E. Chavis Baghdad Hostile - hostile fire<br>13-Oct-2006 3 | US: 3 | UK: 0 | Other: 0<br>US Lieutenant Johnny K. Craver Baghdad Hostile - hostile fire - IED attack<br>US Private 1st Class Kenny F. Stanton Jr. Baghdad (southwest of) Hostile - hostile fire - <br><br>IED attack<br>US Private 1st Class Thomas J. Hewett Walter Reed Medical Ctr. - Baghdad Hostile - <br><br>hostile fire - IED attack<br>12-Oct-2006 1 | US: 1 | UK: 0 | Other: 0<br>US Sergeant Gene A. Hawkins Mosul - Ninawa Hostile - hostile fire - IED attack<br>11-Oct-2006 3 | US: 3 | UK: 0 | Other: 0<br>US Sergeant Justin T. Walsh National Naval Medical Center, Bethesda - Anbar Hostile - <br><br>hostile fire - disarming IED<br>US Captain Shane T. Adcock Hawijah - At-Ta'mim Hostile - hostile fire - grenade<br>US Sergeant 25, of Tempe, Ariz., Nicholas R. Sowinski Baghdad (central part) Hostile - <br><br>hostile fire - IED attack<br>09-Oct-2006 5 | US: 5 | UK: 0 | Other: 0<br>US NAME NOT RELEASED YET Al Anbar Province Hostile - hostile fire<br>US Private 1st Class Shelby J. Feniello Al Anbar Province Hostile - hostile fire - IED attack<br>US Lance Corporal Jon Eric Bowman Al Anbar Province Hostile - hostile fire - IED attack<br>US Private 1st Class Phillip B. Williams Baghdad (eastern part) Hostile - hostile fire - small <br><br>arms fire<br>US Sergeant Julian M. Arechaga Al Anbar Province Hostile - hostile fire - IED attack<br><br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=364x2408466">www.democraticunderground...64x2408466</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br> <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p216.ezboard.com/brigorousintuition.showUserPublicProfile?gid=navndansk>NavnDansk</A> at: 10/16/06 8:32 pm<br></i>
NavnDansk

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Why is there no news about the HUGE Ammo Dump fires?

Postby sunny » Mon Oct 16, 2006 10:40 pm

<!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>But, I have heard rumors from my local VA that the number is undercut by creative accounting. Those that are being transported to medical care or evac, or who die of their injuries in Germany or other locations, are not considered "war dead" and are not reported on.<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br>This is true and has been going on at least since Vietnam. My friend George, a vet of that hideous "war" says he lost many friends who weren't counted because they died in hospital. <p></p><i></i>
sunny

Blog: View Blog (1)

The Military loses the records of living veterans

Postby NavnDansk » Mon Oct 16, 2006 10:50 pm

so they don't have to pay benefits. I spent 5 hours in one call after another to the Pentagon being constantly transferred or given false numbers to call when trying to obtain my father's military records which were no where to be found. Luckily my mother found copies in her file because the Pentagon had lost or could not find or could not tell me who would have my father's records. He was in the military for 20 years.<br><br>DU has more stories about this and other shabby treatment of our veterans:<br><br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=show_topics&forum=259">www.democraticunderground...&forum=259</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br>=My first husband had the same kind of problem<br>        <br>The VA claimed they had no record of him being in Vietnam. I think the only thing that finally got him the benefits he needed was the fact he had some copies of some Army papers that showed he was there.<br>        <br><br>=They do have his records because he has been in the VA hospital several times, so of course they knew he was in the military, but they said he needed more paperwork/proof than they have in his records in order for him to get assistance. I find your story very scary too...no record of him being in Viet Nam? How does that happen? <p></p><i></i>
NavnDansk

Postby Sweejak » Tue Oct 17, 2006 1:33 am

<!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>As I lie in my bed and stare at the white Florescent light flickering on ceiling, I take a moment to take in the precious and well deserved down time. I rolled over and on my right side facing the wall. I wrestled with my covers trying to get comfortable; this task is complicated to do especially when your sleeping bag is designed for a little person not a 6’2 person. I finally got comfortable and started to fall quickly a sleep. Boom … Boom..<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://blog-ah.typepad.com/blogah/2006/10/davids_ammo_exp.html">blog-ah.typepad.com/bloga...o_exp.html</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--> <p></p><i></i>
Sweejak

Postby greencrow0 » Tue Oct 17, 2006 2:30 am

<!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://piglipstick.blogspot.com/2006/10/news-blackout-on-major-disaster-near.html">piglipstick.blogspot.com/...-near.html</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br>This looks like a major disaster.<br><br>Looks like a nuke exploded at about 3.55 into the video.<br><br>How can you tell that the MSM is criminally complicit?<br><br>They don't even report something like this.<br><br>gc<br><br> <p></p><i></i>
greencrow0

Postby jingofever » Tue Oct 17, 2006 2:37 am

From <!--EZCODE LINK START--><a href="http://www.siteinstitute.org/bin/articles.cgi?ID=publications219606&Category=publications&Subcategory=0">SITE Institute</a><!--EZCODE LINK END-->, whatever that is.<br><br>Islamic Army in Iraq Issues Video of Ammunition Facility Bombing in Baghdad, Commenting on the Operation at the Falcon Base<br>By SITE Institute<br>        <br>October 16, 2006<br><br>In an 8:19 minute video and transcript issued by the Islamic Army in Iraq yesterday, Sunday, October 15, 2006, the group provides footage of the bombing and resulting blaze of an ammunitions facility at the Falcon base of American forces in southern Baghdad. The attack, which occurred on the night of Tuesday, October 10, was claimed by both the Islamic Army in Iraq and the Conquering Army [Jeish al-Fatiheen], and was filmed by a Mujahid from the Salah al-Din al-Ayubi Brigades of the Islamic Iraqi Resistance Front, Ja’ami. Although the Islamic Army accepts that “anyone who has military experience” would inform that their use of two Katyusha rockets and three mortar shells cannot destroy a military base the size of the Falcon base, the group claims that it truly was done so because of the support of Allah.<br><br>The narrator of the video chides that a base costing several hundred million dollars and composed of much reinforcement, was destroyed by about three-hundred dollars worth of weaponry. He also reminds of statements from American military personnel of the extent of damaged incurred, not only to the base facilities, but to aircraft, tanks, and administrative and archival materials belonging to the Marines. However, the group claims that the military failed to mention the casualties or injuries of the five thousands “infidels” on the site.<br><br>This attack is claimed by the Islamic Army in Iraq as not only a victory for the Mujahideen and the Muslims in Iraq, but for Muslims all over the world. The group then calls upon those Mujahideen who could not travel to Iraq, Muslims, and Islamic scholars to make one of the ten remaining days of Ramadan a victory for the Islamic Nation, and to provide prayers and support. For financial support, the Islamic Army asks that donations be made through al-Nusra Electronic Charity. <p></p><i></i>
jingofever

Postby greencrow0 » Tue Oct 17, 2006 3:38 am

<!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.nytimes.com/2006/10/13/world/middleeast/13iraq.html">www.nytimes.com/2006/10/1...3iraq.html</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br>11 employees of a new Satellite television station in Baghdad were killed on October 12th. The killers were dressed in 'soldiers uniforms'.<br><br>I wonder if there was any connection to the biggest hushed up newstory of the war?<br><br>gc <p></p><i></i>
greencrow0

Supkis linked to video on the wasteland

Postby NavnDansk » Tue Oct 17, 2006 7:35 pm

that is what is left of the base where the Ammo Dump exploded - the descriptions of the base being completely destroyed does seem to indicate somethink like a nuke.<br><br>I did not watch the vid because I have dial-up.<br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.typepad.com/t/trackback/6461009">www.typepad.com/t/trackback/6461009</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br>Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Whee, World War III, Here We Come!:<br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://elainemeinelsupkis.typepad.com/war_and_peace/">elainemeinelsupkis.typepa...and_peace/</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br>==Click here to see the jihad's home video of the American base they successfully blew up in Iraq. <br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.jihadunspun.com/intheatre_external.php?article=106566&list=/home.php">www.jihadunspun.com/inthe...=/home.php</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br> will note this ends with talk about Mecca, the Jihad, and cleansing Isalm of Western influences. The desert storm we unleashed wasn't the victory of the Christian/Jewish armies but rather a dark, blood-red <br>storm that is gathering strength, not weakening at all.<br><br>=A fraternal war of Shi'a versus Sunni isn't going to help us. And having these wars take place in the heart of the world's oil reserves is pure insanity. Only a madman who worships the Devil that is Death while laying in a coffin in a building called the Tomb at Yale would want such an outcome and this all goes back to why we are in this mess: it doesn't pay to follow the devil.<br><br>And this satanist wants to stay the course of course. <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p216.ezboard.com/brigorousintuition.showUserPublicProfile?gid=navndansk>NavnDansk</A> at: 10/18/06 8:49 pm<br></i>
NavnDansk

More rumblings from Voice of the White House

Postby erosoplier » Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:43 am

<!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>If the American public thinks the Foley cover-up was bad, wait until the latest gigantic military cover-up erupts. Here we have a major military disaster in Iraq of incomprehensible magnitude that has been shut off and hidden away by the Pentagon and the White House. If this comes out before the elections, and it will, look for the Republicans to lose both the Senate and the House and both Bush and Rumsfeld to lose their political heads. <br><br>In looking over the paperwork on this, it is not possible to believe that after the Foley scandal our Beloved Leaders and Protectors could be so bloody damned stupid but they obviously are. Your Brian Harring is about to light a fuse that will cause more damage than the major event he is writing about. We can all save our outrage until the 20th next. We will probably need it. “ <hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.thetruthseeker.co.uk/article.asp?ID=5339">www.thetruthseeker.co.uk/...sp?ID=5339</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br> <p></p><i></i>
erosoplier

Re: More rumblings from Voice of the White House

Postby greencrow0 » Wed Oct 18, 2006 5:03 am

from Blah3 again:<br><br><!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>Was that big flash White Phosphorus?</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--><br> <!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr> Email Article To a Friend View Printable Version <br>Tuesday, October 17 2006 @ 10:36 EDT<br>Contributed by: Stranger<br>Views: 65<br>BushWarI've been thinking about that video of the FOB Falcon ammo dump fire, and wondering what could have produced the type of explosion that is seen about 4 minutes in.<br><br>I'm far from an expert on any type of explosives, but the blast does not look like a conventional bomb, in that it doesn't produce a fireball - just a pure white flash, and a very large one at that.<br><br>Any of you former military types out there who can help me out with this would be really appreciated. Does White Phosphorus explode like that? And what does it tell us if they've got WP stowed in an ammo dump?<br><br>Update: As Anonymous points out in comments here (and many helpful people in a thread I started over at the DU also said), the large flash was more than likely illumination rounds or a very large high explosive bomb (someone likened it to a 15,000-pound high explosive he had seen 'cook off' in an ammo dump fire at Cam Ranh Bay, Vietnam in 1971). I also learned that WP does not burn quite like what is seen on the video - it spreads out more in flakes than a blast like the one seen.<br><br>Thanks to all for the help.<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br>But what about the 'mushroom cloud' and what about all the workers on the base (about 5,000 by some accounts). Something is still not adding up on this.<br><br>gc <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p216.ezboard.com/brigorousintuition.showUserPublicProfile?gid=greencrow0>greencrow0</A> at: 10/18/06 3:05 am<br></i>
greencrow0

Re: More rumblings from Voice of the White House

Postby Gouda » Wed Oct 18, 2006 5:16 am

From the piglipstick blog GC linked to above: <!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>Notice at about 3:55 into the film what appears to be a small nuke going off.<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--> I am not really up to speed on ordnance blast profiles, but: HOLY SHIT. <p></p><i></i>
Gouda

Americans video and voice over

Postby Trifecta » Wed Oct 18, 2006 5:20 am

<!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1410660598904719984&pr=goog-sl">video.google.com/videopla...pr=goog-sl</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br><br>"at least we were warned" <br><br>"Hope no one got hurt"<br><br>"Go to the bunker, go to the bunkers"<br> <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p216.ezboard.com/brigorousintuition.showUserPublicProfile?gid=osculuminfame@rigorousintuition>Osculum Infame</A> at: 10/18/06 3:25 am<br></i>
Trifecta

Re: On one of the DU threads, several people

Postby NavnDansk » Wed Oct 18, 2006 5:26 am

kept saying that any big explosion would cause a mushroom cloud but not sure I believe it.<br><br>I am also wondering about the 5,000 American troops who were stationed at this base and the fact that reports say that this major US base is now a wasteland.<br><br> <p></p><i></i>
NavnDansk

Photos

Postby Sweejak » Wed Oct 18, 2006 6:06 am

<!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.rense.com/general73/falcphotos.htm">www.rense.com/general73/falcphotos.htm</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br>Looks pretty bad, but not that bad. <p></p><i></i>
Sweejak

Bumpity-bump

Postby TroubleFunk » Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:06 am

I am bumping this because that last (Google) video is so freaking amazing - and it is not gonna stay up for long, I betcha. The guy who filmed it is quite brave indeed. Stupid, perhaps, for not taking shelter - but brave.<br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1410660598904719984&pr=goog-sl">video.google.com/videopla...pr=goog-sl</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--> <p></p><i></i>
TroubleFunk

Next

Return to Iraq