RI "Bad" Guys: UR DOIN IT WRONG

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

RI "Bad" Guys: UR DOIN IT WRONG

Postby compared2what? » Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:24 pm

And it's getting to be really boring. I don't like to be the agent of anyone's misfortune. So I don't narc behind the scenes, -- or for that matter, in full view -- when it comes to naming names and taking prisoners. And I'd prefer to keep it that way to the greatest extent possible. However, you're the ones who set the limits there, really, not me. I mean by your "bad" actions. In case that's not clear. Some of which are also bad. For example, ganging up on vulnerable people and picking on them. Not cool. Although not as uncool as making a picture of Sid and Nancy your avatar. Because that one's really pretty hard to top.

But you know. I'm talking about shit that's fractionally more serious that that. And this is what I have to say:

I've had it with you all. As far as I can see, you do not have a valid cause. Apart from which, on an on-again-off-again basis, your pretensions are profoundly offensive to me personally. Because, hello? I'm a politically serious intellectual who finds something close to godliness in transgressive art.

So to the pathetic extent that you're pretending to be and/or actually believe that you are intellectuals, politically serious people, and/or transgressive artists, you're pissing on stuff that's very valuable to me. I feel kind of like Apu in that Simpsons episode where Homer passes a statue of Ganesh on his way out of the Kwik-E-Mart after buying snacks, and gives it what he believes is an apppropriate elephant treat. I don't feel like looking it up, but the Apu line, IIRC, is:

"Please do not feed peanuts to my Gods."

Anyway. You've been busted for a long fucking time. And I've gotta say: I dislike the January 2010 program even more than I've disliked the average, everyday monotony. So I'm going to start posting spoilers. With the hope that it may preempt some of teh dull.

FWIW: I'll try to protect the guilty and the innocent to the best of my ability. Because I believe in amnesty. And to be completely candid, also because although it doesn't happen often, I suppose that I could be totally mistaken. However, I really, really don't think that I am in this case, at least on the gist and the main players. I almost certainly do have some details wrong, I fully pre-concede.

Because to be honest, I tend to lose interest in that shit once I can see that it is what it pettily is. I mean, it's not like I'm getting paid to map out every fucking non-subtlety in Thee Circle Jerk of Doom.

So there you have it. I feel for you all and wish you the best. I honestly do. But you really shouldn't do "covert" if you don't know how. Because it really can be dangerous. And if you'd had controllers to whom you were assets worth protecting, they would have told you that a long time ago. Plus, just in case you're laboring under illusions on the issue: There's no such thing as a controller who cares about you. In the real covert world or in the real world, period. Caring people do not go into the controlling business.

Frankly, although I don't really expect you to appreciate it, you're very lucky you're getting called on your bullshit by me. Because at least I'll be gentle with you. Relatively speaking. Anyway. Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a boring and predictable thread.

The short version of the boredom yet-to-come is:

You could say that there is an ARG. If you consider a small group of egotistical assholes having gone to a lot of trouble to establish multiple false identities with which to take over the RI forum starting (I believe, but sorry, got bored, zzzzzz) way back in the EZ-Board era (if not before, zzzzz) to be an ARG.

Also, there's a whole lot of extraneous shit that people who aren't in on it are supposed to think is happening. Like, you know: When they put your hands in the bowl of peeled grapes while you're blindfolded, you're supposed to think they're eyeballs. And I believe that stuff is supposed to be fascinating, though I may not be the best judge of it, from a certain point of view. I also assume that it's supposed to be difficult to detect. Which some of it may be, for all I know. But if it was, I didn't detect it. I just can't help seeing the big, blunt stupid part that's hanging out in plain view begging for attention, but doing it wrong.

Here's one last try, for old time's sake:

You're just trolls, for christ's sake. And some of you have real skillz, either as bloggers, or reporters, or writers. To whom I'd like to say: You guys. I have no idea why you're not good enough for yourselves just the way you are. But fwiw, you are good enough for me. In fact, every day, I say a little prayer for you to find the peace of mind to be yourselves, happily, without tripping yourselves up by stumbling around loudly knocking into things while you're trying to tiptoe around engaging in unnecessarily complicated and overcompensatory hijinks in areas that you suck at.

So if you feel like trying that, I guarantee you won't regret it.

Okay?

I'm now going to give mods and admin and you ass-clowns a short period of time to take me out if you can, or to respond with some other kind of diversionary tactic -- and please, please make it a fresh and new one, if you've got any, please -- or to move this thread to the data dump or whatever.

Because I'd rather get beat playing fair than win by ambush. So carry on, my wayward sons. There'll be exactly as much peace when you are gone as there would have been if you'd never opened the fucking door to begin with. Just as there will be if you never actually leave.

And the reason for that is: You just don't have that kind of power. I'm sorry to have to tell you that. And you can believe me or not on the sorriness part, it makes no difference to me. I know that I am. If you don't want to share that knowledge, suit your fucking selves. But you definitely should know that it takes much, much more work than you seem to realize in order to get anywhere or achieve anything. Including power. Though I have absolutely no idea why you'd want it, frankly. Or what you'd want to do with it if you had any, apart from play pranks on the internet. However, if you do, and assuming that you're not in it entirely and solely for the lulz but do actually want something in the way of an achievement or goal, you really can't start learning that lesson too fucking soon, believe me.

In any event. Comments, anyone? Questions?

I'll be back in a little while, either way.
Last edited by compared2what? on Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
compared2what?

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: RI "Bad" Guys: UR DOIN IT WRONG

Postby chiggerbit » Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:36 pm

Questions?

Yes, please. Who are Sid and Nancy?
chiggerbit

Postby chiggerbit » Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:39 pm

Nevermind, i just googled it, but I still don't understand.
chiggerbit

Postby justdrew » Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:46 pm

are you suggesting that some kind of self-harm "driving" is being attempted by some theoretical faction?
it maybe true. Surely this ARG crap and the latest "cognitive infiltration" crap are designed to sow discord and suspicion above all else.

Seems to me we need to make some visual changes to this new forum.

1. there should be one color theme (if someone wants to greasmonkey their own fine, but one default) it should be similar to the previous theme.

2. the human skull shit has got to go. I'm not coming here to see human remains put on display for no good reason. "Either that 'wallpaper' goes or I do." and by go I do not mean Wildely.
By 1964 there were 1.5 million mobile phone users in the US
justdrew

Blog: View Blog (11)

Postby compared2what? » Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:47 pm

Thanks for keeping it focused, though, chig. It's always nice to see that people take their own welfare seriously.

IOW: Why would you want to post something that unhelpful? They may not be dangerous, but they're assholes and they're trying to destroy the board. If you don't agree with me, just say so directly, okay?

Otherwise, I'd appreciate it if people who cared for the welfare of the community either (a) said straight out that they thought I posed a threat to it; (b) acted like adults act when someone points out that there's ratshit in their homes; or (b) just fucking ignored me.

I mean, fight if you've got a fight to pick. On whatever side you believe your interests lie. And I'm not just talking to chig. I mean everybody. But witting and unwitting diversionary tactics are out of place here. Also: BORING. Jesus.

Sorry, chig. Nothing personal.
Last edited by compared2what? on Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
compared2what?

Postby IanEye » Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:50 pm

chiggerbit wrote:
Questions?

Yes, please. Who are Sid and Nancy?

click me
IanEye

Blog: View Blog (29)

Postby Nordic » Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:51 pm

Another thread where I have no idea what is going on. Oh well. Guess I'll just make a "note to self" to ignore this one as it multiplies into mega-meta.
"He who wounds the ecosphere literally wounds God" -- Philip K. Dick
Nordic

Blog: View Blog (6)

Postby monster » Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:52 pm

Sounds super interesting. Too bad I have no idea what any of it means. Please spell it out for those of us who aren't in on it.
"I’ve just completed Mike’s Nature trick of adding in the real temps to each series for the last 20 years (ie from 1981 onwards) amd from 1961 for Keith’s to hide the decline."
monster

Postby seemslikeadream » Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:57 pm

Nordic wrote:Another thread where I have no idea what is going on. Oh well. Guess I'll just make a "note to self" to ignore this one as it multiplies into mega-meta.

you and me, I can not figure what the hell is going on here lately
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby compared2what? » Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:04 pm

monster wrote:Sounds super interesting. Too bad I have no idea what any of it means. Please spell it out for those of us who aren't in on it.

I'll do my best, I promise. But first I want to give anyone who's at risk a chance to protect themselves. Because I don't know have any way of knowing how personally vulnerable they may really be in real life. And I don't want to hurt anybody.

That impulse was always kind of an Achilles' heel back when I wasn't much of a tough reporter. Obviously. And even I know it's misguided. But I'd rather be in harmony with myself than play just to increase my personal stats at someone else's expense. And that's that. I'm stubborn about it.

I have sympathy for the devil, you know?
compared2what?

Postby Cosmic Cowbell » Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:09 pm

One can only hope that you'll be leaving "ass-kissers" out of it.... :mrgreen:

You go girl..!
"There are no whole truths: all truths are half-truths. It is trying to treat them as whole truths that plays the devil." ~ A.N. Whitehead
Cosmic Cowbell

Postby Et in Arcadia ego » Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:12 pm

monster wrote:Sounds super interesting. Too bad I have no idea what any of it means. Please spell it out for those of us who aren't in on it.

At its heart, there are two, maybe three groups, some consisting of probably a single individual, who have caused trouble in one form or another on this forum since at least 2005.

One of them simply consists(my opinion, but an educated one) of a needle-dicked fucking pest, the others, among them a certain chaos fiction author, are a bit more creative in the level of harassment and willingness to portray being something more ominous then they really are. Or more innocent than they are, in reference to Miss C2W's comments.

It could have, and maybe should have been made more apparent to members here, but the management has labored extensively on your behalf to provide you with a stress free environment where you are unconstrained to shit your pants on more important things like crappy CIA-made Hollywood films.

Oh, and yes, I guess I'm still here.

Hi.
"but I do know that you should remove my full name from your sig. Dig?" - Unnamed, Super Scary Persun, bbrrrrr....
Et in Arcadia ego

Postby compared2what? » Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:14 pm

justdrew wrote:are you suggesting that some kind of self-harm "driving" is being attempted by some theoretical faction?

I'm saying that a non-theoretical, identifiable and verifiably ill-intentioned small group of people have been trolling the forum since it came into being. They've gone to a lot of fucking trouble to do it. I have no idea why. It looks to me like there are (at least) three discrete motives, belonging to what look like three or so discrete real people.

But it's difficult to say, because they're liars. So, you know: No reliable sources. I do verify that they're trolls when I can. Otherwise, I know them by their actions over a long period of time. I'd rather not name names. But if I have to, they have Miranda rights, and rights to counsel and all that crap. And Jeff can ban me, if he thinks I'm breaking the rules. In fact, Jeff should ban me if he thinks I'm breaking the rules. Because those are the rules.

Whatever. I'm saying there are assholes and liars playing with themselves and each other on the RI board. Not theoretically. Not possibly. They are. Period. However much I wish they weren't.

I'm tired of it.
compared2what?

Postby compared2what? » Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:19 pm

Nordic wrote:Another thread where I have no idea what is going on. Oh well. Guess I'll just make a "note to self" to ignore this one as it multiplies into mega-meta.

Fair enough.
________

Sorry Nordic and others expressing this sentiment. I thought I'd hit submit on this one. But evidently I hadn't.
compared2what?

Postby chiggerbit » Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:23 pm

Ok, this looks like it's going to be complicated, so can you start with this. What is the significance of Sid and Nancy? I see now who has that as his avatar.

Although not as uncool as making a picture of Sid and Nancy your avatar. Because that one's really pretty hard to top.
chiggerbit

Next

Return to General Discussion