Blackwater's death threat to activist during Senate hearing

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Blackwater's death threat to activist during Senate hearing

Postby Jeff » Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:04 pm

Code Pink protester: Blackwater threatened to kill me

By David Edwards

Following a break at a Senate Armed Services hearing that is focusing on Blackwater in Afghanistan, a Code Pink protester claimed that one of the Blackwater officials threatened his life.

video at link

http://rawstory.com/rawreplay/2010/02/2 ... atened-me/
Jeff
Site Admin

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Blackwater's death threat to activist during Senate hearing

Postby Nordic » Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:20 pm

Why wouldn't he? It's their job to kill people.
"He who wounds the ecosphere literally wounds God" -- Philip K. Dick
Nordic

Blog: View Blog (6)

Postby RocketMan » Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:24 pm

I'm sometimes paranoid scared to just visit RigInt in the comfort of my living room... Imagine what it takes to protest those Old Time Religion Spreadin', Muslim-Killin' Crusaders with them IN THE ROOM...? Crikey.
-I don't like hoodlums.
-That's just a word, Marlowe. We have that kind of world. Two wars gave it to us and we are going to keep it.
RocketMan

Postby Nordic » Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:26 pm

RocketMan wrote:I'm sometimes paranoid scared to just visit RigInt in the comfort of my living room... Imagine what it takes to protest those Old Time Religion Spreadin', Muslim-Killin' Crusaders with them IN THE ROOM...? Crikey.

Just be sure to dress in lots of pink. They LOVE that.
"He who wounds the ecosphere literally wounds God" -- Philip K. Dick
Nordic

Blog: View Blog (6)

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:14 pm

What a sad little man! Like he even needed to say that? Verily, the Pathology of Power.

"IN CASE YOU WERE UNAWARE OF WHY YOU'RE HERE PROTESTING, I'M A DANGEROUS KILLER! THIS PAUSE FOR REFRESHMENT WAS BROUGHT TO YOU BY CAPTAIN OBVIOUS AND HIS REDUNDANT REPETITORS! BACK TO YOUR REGULAR PROGRAMMING!"
Wombaticus Rex

Postby Laodicean » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:36 pm

Not surprising...considering...
Laodicean

Blog: View Blog (16)

Postby MinM » Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:46 pm

MIC Tools - Parker & Stone - Speak Out:

Matt Stone & Trey Parker Are Not Your Political Allies (No Matter What You Believe)
News broke this week that a Blackwater subsidiary was arming violent drug users in Afghanistan. They took hundreds of weapons intended for the Afghan National Police and at least one of them (probably more) signed for the shipments with the name "Eric Cartman."

When I asked "South Parks"'s creators what they thought of these men co-opting their character they were completely unfazed. "It makes perfect sense. It's the name I would use," Trey Parker said. "Our first reaction to any story is 'How do we put this into the show?' and the second reaction is 'Did Cartman do that?' because he's so real to us it's like 'I bet Cartman did that.'"
"I saw that and thought, 'Wow, Cartman did that? That's pretty cool. Sounds like something he would do,'" Matt Stone agreed...

They've also been attacked by every religious group possible, but never asked to back off before, even when they stabbed Jesus in the neck and made all Catholic priests pedophiles. They said despite all that the most vocal group about religion has been atheists. "We got calls from atheists friends a couple times saying, 'What the fuck, we thought you were on our side?' and we say, 'We're not on anybody's fucking side and we're not atheists.'"
When I asked them which group they've pissed off the most over the years, they both said "liberals." "Liberal people got mad at us for 'Team America' -- that's the most I've felt it. [The movie] came out right before the Bush/Kerry election and I think we fucked up. I don't think we should've timed it that way," Matt explained. "Because it came out right before the election, liberals were waiting for it as this big anti-Bush statement, and there's plenty of stuff in there that is anti-Bush, but we never would've spent three years of our lives making a movie just to make a statement two weeks before the election. Some people felt like it was a big betrayal."

Much has been written about the politics behind "South Park" and what ideologies these men subscribe to. In 2005 a book was even released called "South Park Conservatives," arguing that Matt and Trey embody the modern revolt against the liberal media and all it breeds. What do they think of that?

"It was just lame, that's exactly what we're talking about--people trying to claim the show," said Matt, who in 2005 announced "I hate conservatives, but I really fucking hate liberals." When I asked him about the quote, Trey responded, "It's all based on saying the shocking thing. We used to have a great time going to Hollywood parties and saying 'I think George Bush is doing a great job.' We'd clear out the room. I used to love it."

Both men were adamant that the show has no political affiliation. "I would never want the show to be a Democrat show or Republican show, because for us the show's more important than that. It isn't for everybody else in the world, but it is for us. We don't want you to come to it thinking, 'These guys are going to bash liberals,'" Matt explained...

Matt Stone and Trey Parker are big-time Bush backers...
That's My Bush!
Episodes dealt (with deliberate heavy-handedness) with the topics of abortion, gun control, the war on drugs, drilling in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge, and the death penalty. Every episode ended with George saying "One of these days Laura, I'm gonna punch you in the face!", a parody of Jackie Gleason's line from The Honeymooners, "One of these days, Alice... Bang, zoom! Right to the moon!"

The show was more of a spoof of the banality of TV sitcoms in general rather than a cutting political satire. As The AV Club put it: "[That's my] Bush!'s irresistibly gimmicky premise — a workplace sitcom centering on Bush and his wife Laura — represents a perverse act of extended misdirection. While audiences waited for Parker and Stone to tear into the Bush administration, they instead attacked the hoary conventions of 1970s and 1980s sitcoms...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/That's_My_Bush

So, there's that.

rigorousintuition.ca - View topic - McCain was called "Hamlet." Movie now...'Hamlet 2'
:backtotopic:
MinM

Re:

Postby waugs » Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:35 pm

what a load of crap. They are not Bush backers. They attack everyone and everything.

as they said, "We're not on anybody's fucking side".

It DOES make perfect sense that the Blackwater scum would use Eric Cartman's name.

MinM wrote:MIC Tools - Parker & Stone - Speak Out:

Matt Stone & Trey Parker Are Not Your Political Allies (No Matter What You Believe)
News broke this week that a Blackwater subsidiary was arming violent drug users in Afghanistan. They took hundreds of weapons intended for the Afghan National Police and at least one of them (probably more) signed for the shipments with the name "Eric Cartman."

When I asked "South Parks"'s creators what they thought of these men co-opting their character they were completely unfazed. "It makes perfect sense. It's the name I would use," Trey Parker said. "Our first reaction to any story is 'How do we put this into the show?' and the second reaction is 'Did Cartman do that?' because he's so real to us it's like 'I bet Cartman did that.'"
"I saw that and thought, 'Wow, Cartman did that? That's pretty cool. Sounds like something he would do,'" Matt Stone agreed...

They've also been attacked by every religious group possible, but never asked to back off before, even when they stabbed Jesus in the neck and made all Catholic priests pedophiles. They said despite all that the most vocal group about religion has been atheists. "We got calls from atheists friends a couple times saying, 'What the fuck, we thought you were on our side?' and we say, 'We're not on anybody's fucking side and we're not atheists.'"
When I asked them which group they've pissed off the most over the years, they both said "liberals." "Liberal people got mad at us for 'Team America' -- that's the most I've felt it. [The movie] came out right before the Bush/Kerry election and I think we fucked up. I don't think we should've timed it that way," Matt explained. "Because it came out right before the election, liberals were waiting for it as this big anti-Bush statement, and there's plenty of stuff in there that is anti-Bush, but we never would've spent three years of our lives making a movie just to make a statement two weeks before the election. Some people felt like it was a big betrayal."

Much has been written about the politics behind "South Park" and what ideologies these men subscribe to. In 2005 a book was even released called "South Park Conservatives," arguing that Matt and Trey embody the modern revolt against the liberal media and all it breeds. What do they think of that?

"It was just lame, that's exactly what we're talking about--people trying to claim the show," said Matt, who in 2005 announced "I hate conservatives, but I really fucking hate liberals." When I asked him about the quote, Trey responded, "It's all based on saying the shocking thing. We used to have a great time going to Hollywood parties and saying 'I think George Bush is doing a great job.' We'd clear out the room. I used to love it."

Both men were adamant that the show has no political affiliation. "I would never want the show to be a Democrat show or Republican show, because for us the show's more important than that. It isn't for everybody else in the world, but it is for us. We don't want you to come to it thinking, 'These guys are going to bash liberals,'" Matt explained...

Matt Stone and Trey Parker are big-time Bush backers...
That's My Bush!
Episodes dealt (with deliberate heavy-handedness) with the topics of abortion, gun control, the war on drugs, drilling in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge, and the death penalty. Every episode ended with George saying "One of these days Laura, I'm gonna punch you in the face!", a parody of Jackie Gleason's line from The Honeymooners, "One of these days, Alice... Bang, zoom! Right to the moon!"

The show was more of a spoof of the banality of TV sitcoms in general rather than a cutting political satire. As The AV Club put it: "[That's my] Bush!'s irresistibly gimmicky premise — a workplace sitcom centering on Bush and his wife Laura — represents a perverse act of extended misdirection. While audiences waited for Parker and Stone to tear into the Bush administration, they instead attacked the hoary conventions of 1970s and 1980s sitcoms...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/That's_My_Bush

So, there's that.

rigorousintuition.ca - View topic - McCain was called "Hamlet." Movie now...'Hamlet 2'
:backtotopic:
waugs

Is this for Real?

Postby MinM » Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:18 pm

MinM

Return to General Discussion